Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fluffy's warframe concepts - weapons and enemies! (Newest concept - 𝑻𝒆𝒏𝒏𝒐 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑺𝒉𝒐𝒕𝒈𝒖𝒏!!)

(XBOX)Fluffywolf36

On 2019-05-29 at 11:36 AM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Oh boy! IT'S NAGA TIME!

Also it's a venture bros. reference 😛 

It's got 1 round less than the Pandero, so I wanted to... y'know... give it a little extra something something to make up for that one less round. Plus, this is a little better at sustained damage than the Pandero.

Probably for the best. The most difficult part in all of this is... well, I want to make a gun that could easily be the new top-tier. The Somesha (if primed and/or released) would probably become a top-tier autoshotty in no time. But all the same I don't want to invalidate anything.

Except semiauto rifles like the Veldt and basic Latron. (Latron Wraith and Prime are fine in my book though) So I'm honestly kinda relieved that this isn't exactly at the pinnacle.

...Does it? huh. What actually happened was I was taking inspiration from the Wingman Elite Pistol's reload speed, then I shaved off 0.3 seconds. Fun fact, here's a detailed look at its reload animation.

It is easily the most bizarre revolver reload I have ever seen. I mean, if I was designing a revolver I'd probably do that weird diagonal swing-out thing that the OTS-38 does, or have a swing-out cylinder or make it top-break, but this! This is awesome! I don't even have words for it, it's great!

This is actually the second time I've homaged the Wingman Elite.

Felt like it wasn't that important here. It's... well, this is mostly about precision, and slow, measured shots. And status just doesn't work as well as crits with this last part.

Which is honestly a huge relief. I was going for something that was... well, fast enough it could be spammed, but not so fast it was a heavily spam-based gun. Also, there's something funny to me about adding high fire rate to weapons like the Naga and Depezador - their gimmicks are best used at slow and measured paces, then bam, here's the ability to hurl five rounds into someone's general direction in less than a second XD. I honestly get a good laugh out of knowing how it'll frustrate people.

Speaking of the gimmick.... sorry to impose here, but any thoughts on the silencer?

Fun fact about the silencer: I say it would be broken cause I didn't want people spamming silenced shots. It's meant to let people let the gun force them to make precision shots.

As I said, the Critical Chance and the silent nature seem to align well with the pre-existing silent weapon, the baza, only stepping outside said parameters by a weeeeee .1.

Ah, a marksmenpistol.

On 2019-05-30 at 8:43 PM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

welp, that infested rifle thing is done. Unfortunately I have no idea what it does.

It's design almost seems like it could be kin to the toxicysts. Perhaps a page can be taken from them, albeit brought out with more strength courtesy of it's rifles nature?

15 hours ago, Unus said:

As I said, the Critical Chance and the silent nature seem to align well with the pre-existing silent weapon, the baza, only stepping outside said parameters by a weeeeee .1.

Apologies if it felt like I was squeezing you too much for critique. My bad on that one.

It's weird dealing with weapons that are such uncharted territory for the game, y'know? Like, the only reason the Hyron is silenced and high-crit is because that's just what the Baza is, and the only reason the Volsk is silenced despite also being a battle rifle is because that's also what the Baza is. Except the battle rifle part. If either of us make an automatic rifle or pistol, we have a laundry list of things to balance it against, but go for something like an auto-burst weapon or an SMG and suddenly we're high and dry.

Funny thing about the silencer btw - just for the sake of the METAL GEAR reference, I'd actually toyed with the idea of making a Tenno weapon inspired by Snake's SOCOM...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSHaDVZC1sTXRRU1xD1KOs

But, well, after some thought I think this is the best I'm likely to get XD. It's silenced, scoped, high-powered, and is a BFR. I'd have a pretty hard time using other silenced pistols in the game knowing that this exists.

Plus, y'know, throwing stars and stuff.

15 hours ago, Unus said:

It's design almost seems like it could be kin to the toxicysts. Perhaps a page can be taken from them, albeit brought out with more strength courtesy of it's rifles nature?

Yeah, I took a lot of inspiration from the Toxocysts for the "arms" (I don't have a better term) of the, uh... Infested rifle. Glad you noticed =D.

It's certainly tempting, but.... well, that Knell carbine already took a lot of inspiration from the Toxocysts by adding an extra damage type, holding more than one round, and making its spamminess a bit less cumbersome. I don't want to make these two feel too similar. Especially because, to keep it relevant and add a weird reload that just screws with people (more on that later) this holds somewhere in neighborhood of 24+1 rounds. 

There may still be an ammo economy improvement in the mag, but something a bit less dramatic than the Knell or Toxocyst. Probably something more subdued, more Destiny-ish where it ads two or three back in there.

Hey, Tenno! Remember the Ostium and the two other "battle rifles" I made?

Spoiler

tenno__ostium__battle_rifle_by_haruaxema

_zenban__marksman_rifle_and__adhera__riv

tenno__tollen__pistol_caliber_carbine_by

And also the Bruin, which sort of counts?!
dcatt0n-7f6bf8c5-f17e-439f-a1c3-6ec9a00d

In preparation for the next one I do, I'm making some changes to all four of these weapons. Firstly, the Ostium, Zenban, and Tollen now have increased crit bonuses while zoomed in. BEHOLD:

Ostium
Zoom levels: Ironsights (+20% critical multiplier)
                    Scoped - 2.8x (+45% critical multiplier)

Zenban
Zoom levels: Ironsights (+25% critical multiplier)
            2.5x Scope (+55% critical multiplier)

Tollen
Zoom levels:
 Ironsights (30% headshot multiplier)
                    Scoped - 2.1x (60% headshot multiplier)

I realize that the multipliers on the Zenban and Ostium seem pretty similar, but in my defense I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing. Meanwhile, here's the changes to the Bruin. This may seem like an oddball compared to the other three, but it's as close as a purely automatic rifle can get to being a battle rifle. It can count if I want.

'Bruin' Automatic Rifle
"First Strike" special trait - 
REMOVED. It's already got high headshot damage, it's an automatic weapon that lets you scope in, has a bonus for being scoped in, and it has +50% bonus headshot damage. I felt like I was giving it too many advantages.

But there's one more change!

Not long ago, the Arca Scisco's combo mechanic was affected by multishot, meaning you could have two or even three stacks on an enemy after one shot. However, I'm almost certain that's gone now. I declare, here and now, that the Ostium, the Zenban, and any other similar rifles I do, will be the same. 

From now on, combo mechanics on any battle rifles I did will not be affected by multishot. I don't like that sort of thing. It goes against the spirit of this stuff if I can just leapfrog almost halfway to maximum damage with one shot.

Also, damage-wise, I buffed all of them so they're more competitive with Rubico Prime, Quartakk, and Prisma Grinlok. For example, the Ostium now has 3.3x critical multiplier and 135 damage. I had to make it competitive. And I did some math - none of these should do too much damage to the Rubico's standing. Also the Quartakk should be fine with its 196 damage per shot and hilarious ability to deal quadruple the slash procs of any of these. I'm still not really sure how to balance that.

Sorry not sorry Veldt, and Latrons. You're lagging behind bad.

Edited by (XB1)Fluffywolf36

8 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Apologies if it felt like I was squeezing you too much for critique. My bad on that one.

It's weird dealing with weapons that are such uncharted territory for the game, y'know? Like, the only reason the Hyron is silenced and high-crit is because that's just what the Baza is, and the only reason the Volsk is silenced despite also being a battle rifle is because that's also what the Baza is. Except the battle rifle part. If either of us make an automatic rifle or pistol, we have a laundry list of things to balance it against, but go for something like an auto-burst weapon or an SMG and suddenly we're high and dry.

Funny thing about the silencer btw - just for the sake of the METAL GEAR reference, I'd actually toyed with the idea of making a Tenno weapon inspired by Snake's SOCOM...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSHaDVZC1sTXRRU1xD1KOs

But, well, after some thought I think this is the best I'm likely to get XD. It's silenced, scoped, high-powered, and is a BFR. I'd have a pretty hard time using other silenced pistols in the game knowing that this exists.

Plus, y'know, throwing stars and stuff.

Yeah, I took a lot of inspiration from the Toxocysts for the "arms" (I don't have a better term) of the, uh... Infested rifle. Glad you noticed =D.

It's certainly tempting, but.... well, that Knell carbine already took a lot of inspiration from the Toxocysts by adding an extra damage type, holding more than one round, and making its spamminess a bit less cumbersome. I don't want to make these two feel too similar. Especially because, to keep it relevant and add a weird reload that just screws with people (more on that later) this holds somewhere in neighborhood of 24+1 rounds. 

There may still be an ammo economy improvement in the mag, but something a bit less dramatic than the Knell or Toxocyst. Probably something more subdued, more Destiny-ish where it ads two or three back in there.

Nonesense! I assumed you missed out on it while passing through the other statistics.

Could it receive a headshot damage bonus when it hits the body and body damage bonus when it hits the head? Like, two predatory intellects fighting over how to kill prey?

1 hour ago, Unus said:

Could it receive a headshot damage bonus when it hits the body and body damage bonus when it hits the head? Like, two predatory intellects fighting over how to kill prey?

Nah, I'd prefer just doing the first thing. Headshot damage increasing body shots just feels counterintuitive, and doesn't feel as rewarding as bodyshots rewarding headshots.

Infested 'Veneine' Battle Rifle

“Grown from decommissioned Rubico rifles provided by Tarja Lem, the 'Veneine' trades a Rubico’s power and ease of reload for capacity and sustained damage.”

infested__veneine__battle_rifle_by_harua

LORE

(Note: It can be pronounced like “V9,” I guess.)

With the rediscovery of the Rubico Prime, Tenno-allied factions such as the six Relay Syndicates, Level Dawn, the Ganymede Coalition,Bidanian Theist terrorist freedom fighters, the Free Galilean Faction, the Himalia Independence Movement, and (most importantly in this case) the Mycona found a large quantity of sniper rifles flooding the market.

(Solaris United was not available to purchase these, due to being crippled by the Deck 12 Massacre)

Tarja Lem picked up the few that hadn’t been up to Tenno specifications, and fed them to the same Infested strains that helped build the Hypodermis. The result was the 'Veneine'.

Uniquely for Infested weaponry, the Infestation seems to have completely reworked the internals. The revolver magazine has become a fixed rotary magazine, which is loaded by feeding in stripper clips, similar to the M1941 Johnson Rifle’s magazine. Though nobody in the Warframe universe knows that terminology.

The barrel secretes acids and spores that reconfigure the ammo units into corrosive nano-quills not unlike those of the Tysis. Its inherent corrosive damage melts through armor, while the jagged quills it grows inside its breach lacerate flesh.

With its unexpectedly shorter length than the Rubico, high capacity, antiarmor capability, and punch-through, the 'Veneine' is almost seen as the closest thing to a Mycona sniper rifle as they have in their arsenal. In the close quarters of the Dead Decks that had been cordoned off and left to be infested, it’s far more useful and less cumbersome.

A properly aimed 'Veneine' can devastate an entire corridor’s worth of Infested…

…or, as the Grineer that attempted the Phobos Push can attest, Grineer. During that nightmarish day, the Mycona corralled Grineer into tight corridors and emptied quill after quill downrange.

There were large quantities of weapons that the Mycona could use in their infested bio-foundries for research that day.Also, instead of a scope, a tentacle will emerge from the rear of the weapon, and… integrate… with the user, attaching to the face just where the eye is and allowing users to “see” through the weapon. Unscoping leaves a slight red tint to everything for about a second.

Alad V, who consulted on the making of this weapon, has insisted that it is totally safe, and that he would never subject potential customers to anything so unsafe that it would dissuade them from ever buying from him again.

STATS

Damage - 144
     Corrosive - 60
     Slash - 48
     Puncture - 24
     Impact - 12

Critical Chance: 33%

Critical Multiplier: 3.0x
Scope Multipliers - Ironsights - 25% headshot damage 
     “Oculus" - An eyeball sprouts from under the “petals” and attaches to your Frame’s helmet. Surprise! Adds 3.0x zoom and 50% headshot damage.
Status Chance - 24%
Punch-Through - 1.0m
Magazine Capacity - 20+1 (You can leave one in the breach)
Reload - 2s
     Reloads clip-by-clip, five rounds at a time. This means it’s 0.5 seconds per five rounds. Neat, huh?
Rate Of Fire: 3.7 per second

Special Traits

Frenzy - Body shots increase headshot damage by 12% up to five times. Misses bring this counter down by one. 
(NOTE: This… is not affected by punch-through. Or multishot. That’s not a good idea.)

Vigor - Adds ammo returning capacity. The more body shots before a headshot, the higher chance for 2-5 rounds to be returned. It is entirely possible for this to greatly overstuff the magazine to somewhere in the neighborhood of 27 rounds.

Choke - Reloading after a kill can “overstuff” the breach, leaving you with up to three rounds still in there.

ARTIST NOTES

So, I’ve been playing a lot of Spacelords. This is the third weapon I’ve done that has some direct inspiration from it. It would be the third in a row, but, well, I’d been sitting on the Somin for close to a year. There’s some truly inspirational stuff in there. Spacelords’ weapons, I’ve noticed, have a lot of odd, unconventional twists that feel like Overwatch-style abilities or special moves in fighting games, filtered through some drugs and put into guns. Also there’s stuff like Doldren’s KLT-13 revolver, which… …It’s hard to say why, but honestly it just makes sense to have a high-powered weapon that’s silenced, and the noise level depends on pacing your shots. Which is why I did the Naga. But that’s beside the point.

Anyway, this is only aesthetically inspired by Iune’s “Blink” rifle. I don’t know who designed that, but they deserve a raise. It’s a very striking design, with organic…. uh… 

You know, I have no idea at all what to call them. Petals? Fins? Scales?  Whatever it is it kinda reminds me of Vash’s angel arm from Trigun, which is weirdly fitting here. Its alt fire lets you teleport a few feet, which - as Spacelords has a Gears of War-Like “downed” state - is pretty useful. However, as everyone in Warframe can nyoom around the battlefield to their heart’s content, it didn’t seem like a good idea to do that here. Seemed kinda pointless.

So I just added a bunch of Destiny-ish perks, such as body shots increasing headshot damage. Unlike some previous other semi auto rifles I’ve done (the Ostium, the Zenban) I’m not going to include a combo mechanic. I’m not entirely sure they need it, and I’m not sure this one does either.

Fun fact: The Quartakk can actually (probably) compete with every battle rifle I’ve made. Difference being that it has much more fire rate and status, and can cause four times the slash procs with each shot. So I prefer to say it’s still competitive. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neo3602 said:

Pretty nice stuff, I like that's it's made from surplus Rubico rifles after the Rubico Prime was rediscovered.

Thanks =D . It's totally a joke on how so many of us so quickly discard other versions of weapons once a more powerful variant that has even better stats comes along.

1 hour ago, Neo3602 said:

I also like that you gave it some of the Jade Rabbits perks.

Thanks, dood ^~^. It seemed... well, it felt like it made sense.  I was already adding in a lot of Toxocyst-like headshot bonuses (And I didn't want to go for an infinite-ammo buff) so I was all... "Well, that's... that makes perfect sense now."

Veneine: How It Works 2 Electric Boogaloo

Here's an animated version of how the Veneine's reload works! Neat, huh?

Also, I totally forgot that the barrel of the Johnson Rifle recoils (I forgot to mention that...) and the Veneine.... well, if it does, I never thought of it and I don't think we'd be able to tell. I'm not making the muzzle brake recoil. That's not a good idea.

I guess that's just something we'll have to live with. Oh well, it was never exactly going to be a 1:1 recreation. Besides, I already have two assault rifles with recoiling barrels.
(Did you know the Somin and Avakan series have those? Fun stuff) 

'Fidelias Prime' Pistol

corpus_orokin__fidelias_prime__laser_pis

“Ornate laser fusion pistol was given to Corpus industrialists as a reward for service to the Orokin Empire. Hold down the trigger to release a beam that uses radiation to superheat targets.”
--Codex

Trigger: Charge-continuous

Charge Time: 0.4s
Critical Chance: 30%
Critical Multiplier: 2.3x
Status Chance: 20%
Fire Rate: 12
Damage: 25
    Radiation: 13
    Heat: 4
    Slash 8
Magazine Size: 50
Ammo Limit: 125
Reload: 1.5s
Range Limit - 40m

Explosions:
Critical Chance: 30%
Fire Rate: 8
Damage: 60 Heat

NOTE: Damage ramps up from 40% to 100% over 0.5 seconds when firing.

Special Traits: 

Fusion Blast: Causes 2.5m explosions at point of impact once every four ticks. 
Superhot: (MOST INNOVATIVE SHOOTER) Enemies explode on death, dealing heat damage in a 3m radius.

Lore

Despite how the Temple of Profit and traditional Corpus oral history revere the Orokin, the truth of the matter is: The Orokin and the industrialists that would soon become the Corpus were at each other’s throats more often than not.

Corpus who couldn’t fight the Orokin militarily instead resorted to slighting them economically, overcharging them for necessities and flaunting their wealth to show themselves as competition. In return, Orokin would send Tenno to cull the ranks of Industrialists who became too comfortable with their new status. Yet, there were some relationships that were not antagonistic. Some Industrialists gave their all to the preservation of the Orokin Empire, churning out design after design for Tenno and Zero-Techs.

The Fidelias honestly could have been a product of either of these.

On the one hand: It’s a pistol that blends Corpus energy weapon technology with Orokin sensibilities, a stunning ornamental piece that commands attention.

On the other hand, it is an energy weapon - exactly the kind of high-tech device the Sentients could trivially subvert. However, records found in an ancient cache on Himalia claim that the Fidelias is designed based on Tower-spec Orokin defenses, made specifically for use against Sentients.

Indeed, the Fidelias has been observed to show a number of similarities to Orokin Death Orbs, such as radiation damage. Of course, as it’s hooked up to a much smaller power source, it very much trades power for portability.

It reloads by placing a battery against the rear of the receiver, similar to the Grineer ‘Scrabba’ EMP pistol.

Notably, Adren Moyotl - one of the oldest members of the Corpus Board, old enough to remember the Bad Old Days after the Orokin fell - has one in his possession.

Acquisition: 
Can only be acquired from rare Axi relics only obtained on Ganymede.

Artist Notes:

Originally, I planned for the trigger to be some horrible burst-continuous-charge thing. But it was hard for me to describe as a single trigger type, and harder to truly imagine. And if I couldn’t imagine it being easy to describe, then I couldn’t imagine using it. Thus, it failed my own metrics.

As such, I cut that down, and the result was something that’s basically Whisper Of The Worm One Thousand Voices in pistol form. 

Originally, this was intended as a commemorative gift for Corpus industrialists - and maybe it still, in fact, is  - but as it is an energy weapon, it was hard not to wonder if there was some hidden slight towards the Corpus in there.

Edited by (XBOX)Fluffywolf36
  • Like 3

Grineer 'Straug' Auto-Burst rifle

grineer__straug__auto_burst_rifle_by_har

“Hammer into enemies with this high-status Grineer rifle.”

Trigger: Auto-Burst
Burst Count: 3

Magazine: 66
Fire Rate: 9.5
Damage: 37
    Impact - 17
    Slash - 14
    Puncture - 6
Status Chance: 30%
Critical Chance: 16%
Critical Multiplier: 2.0x
Reload: 2s
Noise Level: Alarming

Special Traits
Targeting Scope: Aim down sights to highlight enemies… and tap alt fire to use a scope. Which actually highlights enemies! (NOTE: This does not actually affect crit or damage. At all.)

Lore:

A rifle that automatically fires three-round bursts from a 66-round magazine. The high volume of fire allows it to stagger targets, easily hammering into them with status.

The Straug was by the Earth-based Tavar Production Zone, as a commission from Grineer invasion forces deployed planetside and into Corpus gas cities - they needed something reliable, portable, and capable of high volume of fire. Something that could knock the wind out of Corpus proxies - or, indeed, even Tenno. That last one was derided as nigh-impossible for a simple assault rifle, but Tavar gave it their best attempt.

While searching through fragmented Uranus archives, Tavar’s agents happened on the Somin - a rifle that used an auto-burst system to fling as many rounds as possible into the same area. After stripping out many of the more complicated mechanisms, such as the spooling, (This was, however, at the cost of lower fire rate)  the Straug was the end result. Grineer have reported that results against Tenno were “very satisfying,” and at least one regiment credits this weapon with blocking a Tenno from stealing important data.

As the rounds are much slower and heavier than those of other weapons, it does not have punch-through.

It takes until the second burst fired for the recoil to really start acting up, so a slow, measured trigger finger can work wonders. It’s good at all ranges!

Artist Notes:
As heavily inspired by both the Steyr AUG… (of course) and the Versia Tavor prototype. And probably the ABR from Black Ops 4.

Honestly? The auto burst gimmick was sort of incidental here. I just wanted to make a Grineer Steyr AUG, because… well, I like the Steyr AUG. And I was looking at this one Tavor prototype, and I thought “Well, hell, why not?”

I didn’t even know this was going to be status-focused at first. But, well, I’d made the Somin already, and that was already my requisite crit auto-burst gun, so this just made sense. I felt like auto burst was a great way to apply status, so… auto-burst it was!

That said? I still gave it… okayish crit. Nothing to build for, mind, but nothing that’s not worth building. I’ve noticed that with a lot of Warframe’s recent status guns  - the Exergis, Phantasma, Cyanex - there’s sort of an “all or nothing” feel when it comes to how much crit compared to status they have. As in, so little crit that even rivens probably can’t save it.

So, I’m trying to do something a little different there. Maybe this isn’t as off-the-wall as a lot of other things I’ve done, but… well, maybe sometimes an assault rifle can just… be an assault rifle.

And I feel like since this is a Grineer weapon, that just works.

On 2019-06-12 at 2:12 AM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

corpus_orokin__fidelias_prime__laser_pis

“Ornate laser fusion pistol was given to Corpus industrialists as a reward for service to the Orokin Empire. Hold down the trigger to release a beam that uses radiation to superheat targets.”
--Codex

Trigger: Charge-continuous

Charge Time: 0.2s
Critical Chance: 28%
Fire Rate: 8
Damage: 25
    Radiation: 13
    Heat: 4
    Slash 8
Magazine Size: 50
Ammo Limit: 125
Reload: 1.5s
Range Limit - 40m

NOTE: Damage ramps up from 40% to 100% over 0.5 seconds when firing.

Special Traits: 

Fusion Blast: Chance to cause 2.5m explosions at point of impact once per ammo unit expended. Explosion chance (and damage) increases the longer you hold down the trigger. This also sets a small patch of ground on fire for 2 seconds.
Superhot: (MOST INNOVATIVE SHOOTER) Enemies explode on death, dealing heat damage in a 3m radius.

Lore

Despite how the Temple of Profit and traditional Corpus oral history revere the Orokin, the truth of the matter is: The Orokin and the industrialists that would soon become the Corpus were at each other’s throats more often than not.

Corpus who couldn’t fight the Orokin militarily instead resorted to slighting them economically, overcharging them for necessities and flaunting their wealth to show themselves as competition. In return, Orokin would send Tenno to cull the ranks of Industrialists who became too comfortable with their new status. Yet, there were some relationships that were not antagonistic. Some Industrialists gave their all to the preservation of the Orokin Empire, churning out design after design for Tenno and Zero-Techs.

The Fidelias honestly could have been a product of either of these.

On the one hand: It’s a pistol that blends Corpus energy weapon technology with Orokin sensibilities, a stunning ornamental piece that commands attention.

On the other hand, it is an energy weapon - exactly the kind of high-tech device the Sentients could trivially subvert. However, records found in an ancient cache on Himalia claim that the Fidelias is designed based on Tower-spec Orokin defenses, made specifically for use against Sentients.

Indeed, the Fidelias has been observed to show a number of similarities to Orokin Death Orbs, such as radiation damage. Of course, as it’s hooked up to a much smaller power source, it very much trades power for portability.

It reloads by placing a battery against the rear of the receiver, similar to the Grineer ‘Scrabba’ EMP pistol.

Notably, Adren Moyotl - one of the oldest members of the Corpus Board, old enough to remember the Bad Old Days after the Orokin fell - has one in his possession.

Acquisition: 
Can only be acquired from rare Axi relics only obtained on Ganymede.

Artist Notes:

Originally, I planned for the trigger to be some horrible burst-continuous-charge thing. But it was hard for me to describe as a single trigger type, and harder to truly imagine. And if I couldn’t imagine it being easy to describe, then I couldn’t imagine using it. Thus, it failed my own metrics.

As such, I cut that down, and the result was something that’s basically Whisper Of The Worm One Thousand Voices in pistol form. 

Originally, this was intended as a commemorative gift for Corpus industrialists - and maybe it still, in fact, is  - but as it is an energy weapon, it was hard not to wonder if there was some hidden slight towards the Corpus in there.

Ah, a melta pistol from the ancient days, maker unknown. Consumer product from back in the ard ol times.

Statistical Mulling Over:

Critical Chance seems. . . wowza, at least when compared alongside current continuous beamers.

Critical Multiplier is okay. A little on the higher end to be sure.

Status Chance is quite feasible.

Fire Rate fits quite snugly into previous continuous fire parameters.

Damage also fits into typical parameters for beamguns.

Magazine Capacity is almost on the lower side of things, not egregiously so, but, simply on the lower end of things.

Ammo. . . Limit?

Reload fits.

Range limit functions.

First bit reminds me of the very useful Cycron's constant "ticking".

Heh, second ability reminds me of my Munda and simultaneously fills my head with the game's eponymous chant.

(Forgive me for the delay. I simply got much to caught up in the Hammer Project and Onslaughter development. With me being away from any way to to access the Hammer piece right now and the suddenloss of O progress, had time to appropriately ""spare"".)

Edited by Unus

2 hours ago, Unus said:

Ah, a melta pistol from the ancient days, maker unknown. Consumer product from back in the ard ol times.

Huh. I guess it is a melta pistol. Never thought of it that way!

Wouldn't define it as a consumer product - it's meant to be commemorative. Like this stuff!

wm_8704042.jpg

9513792_1.jpg?v=8CCCA3CDDFA1540

While I was making the Bellatrix, I was struck by how some of the boxier pistols I found (like the Artemis Golden Pistol from Prey 2017) could look Corpus, and thought it'd be a fun idea.

2 hours ago, Unus said:

Critical Chance seems. . . wowza, at least when compared alongside current continuous beamers.

Critical Multiplier is okay. A little on the higher end to be sure.

Yup! In this case, it's to try and break some new ground when it comes to beam pistols. Originally, this was meant to be a status machine because that just works really well with beams, but - while I was mulling over trying to balance it, well...

My thought process was sort of like this:

Me: "Huh. We don't really have a dedicated crit beam pistol... while there's a few primary beams that are totally crit weapons.
(I was thinking Amprex, Synapse, Quanta Vandal. But especially Amprex)

Me I could do that soon. I should do that soon. Wait. Why don't I just do it now?" 

Me: I'm gonna balance it so it has similar damage to the Amprex...

I was considering giving it a similar damage profile to the Synapse, but, well, with how pistol crit is, it just didn't seem like a good idea.

3 hours ago, Unus said:

Fire Rate fits quite snugly into previous continuous fire parameters.

Which is funny cause I'm never actually sure what to do with fire rate on beams XD. Normally I just use the values from some other beam and roll with it.

3 hours ago, Unus said:

Magazine Capacity is almost on the lower side of things, not egregiously so, but, simply on the lower end of things.

Since it has such high crit, and it's also an explosive weapon, it seemed like a good idea to add a limit or two or three. Like... well, the ammo limit.

3 hours ago, Unus said:

Ammo. . . Limit?

It's the amount of reserve ammo.  Since I was going for "A Thousand Voices from Destiny, but in pistol form" it felt like a good idea to give it less reserve ammo than usual.

3 hours ago, Unus said:

Heh, second ability reminds me of my Munda and simultaneously fills my head with the game's eponymous chant.

Huh. I can see the similarities!

3 hours ago, Unus said:

(Forgive me for the delay. I simply got much to caught up in the Hammer Project and Onslaughter development. With me being away from any way to to access the Hammer piece right now and the suddenloss of O progress, had time to appropriately ""spare"".)

Don't even trip, dawg! Life is like that sometimes. I'm just glad to hear from you again. I also kinda hope to see what you think of some of the other weapons I've released recently!

• 2 weeks later...

Tenno 'Cascabel' Pepperbox Pistol

tenno__cascabel__pepperbox_pistol_by_har

Name: Cascabel
Type: Secondary
Critical Chance: 40%
Critical Multiplier: 2.2x
Status Chance: 9%
Magazine: 3
Projectiles: 8
(9 on last shot)
Damage: 248
    Puncture: 152
    Slash: 77
    Impact: 19
Accuracy: 
    1: 17
    2: 10
    3: 3 
Fire Rate: 3.5
Reload Time: 2.0s
Range: 
    Full damage up to 17.0 m
    Min damage at 31.0 m
    65% max reduction

Special Traits:
Lightfoot: Increased movement speed while equipped. Can be fired while sprinting.
    (Sprinting is pretty unimportant, but… it seemed like it fit)
Pressurized Choke: Accuracy decreases with each shot fired - though this means that the first shot fired has absolutely incredible accuracy. 
Last Shot: Final shot fires nine projectiles and thus does +12.5% damage.

Lore

“Close the distance as you pepper enemies with shot from the Cascabel.”

—Codex

The Cascabel is a 25-barreled break-open pepperbox pistol built for closing the distance. It fires eight bullets per trigger pull. It is Not A Revolver. At all. Due to a unique firing system, it fires from each concentric ring of eight barrels. Technically, this means it holds 24 rounds - well, 25 when you count the center barrel that fires on the last shot - but saying it fires 3 shots was more aesthetically important.

This causes accuracy to rapidly decrease with each shot. As such, the first shot has 17 accuracy, the second has 10 accuracy, and the third has 3. At least, I think that’s how it works. Apologies for sort of breaking the fourth wall while explaining the Cascabel, but - I cannot stress this enough - I do not know how accuracy works in Warframe at all. Is it….. is it based on percentages? This would explain how the Quartakk has 90.9 accuracy, but then, the Akvasto Prime has 16 accuracy and nobody would consider that pistol inaccurate… I’m so confused.

However, balancing this out is the Cascabel’s incredible crit and armor-piercing ability, thanks to the low caliber of its individual rounds.  For Tenno charging Sentient positions in the Old War, [REDACTED BY LOTUS], rushing Grineer emplacements, and facing down Infested hordes, this is a powerful, reliable close-range weapon.

The Casabel was originally designed as one of the first guns for Grineer regiments during the Old War, though thanks to a combination of lowered resources and Tenno curiosity, they soon found their way into Tenno hands. Its status as a primarily pre-Imperial Grineer weapon explains its cheap features - obviously organic elements, a simplistic design, and little if any ornamentation.

During the Old War, Grineer regiments would charge Sentient positions en masse, armed with melee weapons in one hand, these shotguns in the other. The Cascabel’s status as one of the first guns ever given to Grineer may very well be the reason that the Twin Rogga are the Kuva Guardians sidearm of choice. In fact, some particularly elite Kuva Guardians are armed with this weapon, and original Cascabels are treasured to this day among the elite of the Grineer.

An interesting note is that magazine size mods actually increase the accuracy of the second and third shot fired. Assuming you have a mod that adds in one more round, the second shot fired will have 11.6 accuracy, the third will have 7.3, and the fourth will have 3. Or something. No idea how this works if you decide to add Ice Storm and Slip Magazine, but that’d be interesting to see…

Acquisition

The blueprint - and its parts - can be found by killing Kuva enemies! Although, predictably, it requires Kuva to build.

Artist Notes:

Again, I have no idea whatsoever how accuracy works in Warframe. So confused. I can only hope the stats I made here make sense. The best you can do is look for a video of Lycus using the Pepper Pot in Spacelords, and then just assume that’s how it works.

Speaking of which, the Pepper Pot from that game was the main inspiration behind the Cascabel. It’s actually where the name comes from, too - a Cascabel is a kind of pepper. #Themoreyouknow. It’s also… part of a cannon? Huh. I didn’t know that. #TheMoreIKnow. Suddenly, it makes complete sense to assign this to the Kuva Fortress. 

For those of you that haven’t played Spacelords, the Pepper Pot is probably the best Lycus weapon you can use. That or the Spinning Coin, anyway. The Pepper Pot has excellent crit stats, good range, (on the first shot, anyway) a solid rate of fire, and it’s easy to understand on an intuitive level. Its two most defining traits are its bizarre accuracy gimmick, which forces you to close the gap, and its amazing crit capabilities.

So, I translated those into Warframe. And that’s why it can orange crit! Red crits were tempting, I’ll admit, but in no universe did that seem like a good idea. To be honest, the Pepper Pot seemed like it’d easily translate to Warframe. We rush in to melee range all the time in this game, and we all do it at high speeds… this just seemed like it made sense.

Besides the Pepper Pot, the other two major inspirations for this thing's aesthetic were the Godkiller from Drive Angry, and the Sawed Off Shotgun from Gears of War 3, a weapon that will forever live in infamy.

Edited by (XBOX)Fluffywolf36
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

I do not know how accuracy works in Warframe at all

Nobody does, so no sweat. I'd bet real money that Steve wouldn't be able to tell you how it works either.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Where is the Noggle slot?

16 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

Nobody does, so no sweat. I'd bet real money that Steve wouldn't be able to tell you how it works either.

Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents

Where is the Noggle slot?

I believe that in some circles that is what is known as a sucker's bet. Honestly, I'm relieved that it's not that much of an issue, seeing as the spread sizes are so important here.

I forgot to add it in, I was already having a lot of trouble with the lines trying to make it look like this:

21744708_5.jpg?v=8D227A59AB91850

Lack of noggles aside, what'd you think?

3 minutes ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Lack of noggles aside, what'd you think?

One thing I'd like to confirm: Do the projectiles count as shotgun pellets or not? As in, is status chance divided amongst them, or shared?

Damage-wise seems fine. Comparing to Rogga, obviously, it has less than 1/3 damage, but, I mean... 38% crit, so...

Less crunchy, more fluffy: seems like a fun thing to run around with.

41 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

One thing I'd like to confirm: Do the projectiles count as shotgun pellets or not? As in, is status chance divided amongst them, or shared?

Yep, they count as shotgun pellets. It just made more sense that way.

Damage-wise seems fine. Comparing to Rogga, obviously, it has less than 1/3 damage, but, I mean... 38% crit, so...

Designing crit shotguns - especially crit sidearms - is very difficult.  😛 I may bump up the damage at some point, but if you say it's fine.... well, alright then.

Less crunchy, more fluffy: seems like a fun thing to run around with.

Which makes sense, seeing as it was literally designed for running with... and bullet jumping with 😛