Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fluffy's warframe concepts - weapons and enemies! (Newest concept - 𝑻𝒆𝒏𝒏𝒐 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑺𝒉𝒐𝒕𝒈𝒖𝒏!!)

(XBOX)Fluffywolf36

2 hours ago, keikogi said:

BTW given that the weapon has no alt fire and ricoshots , have you considered a coin alt fire. Played quite a bit off ultrakill and man the coin is the best alt fire I ever seen on a game. I can't quite explain everything about the coin but here a essay on ricoshots. And yes it takes thar much time to explain coins, the video is not overly long.

I have not considered that! Like i said, I was just in a Wingman Elite mood.

The Wingman Elite is great cause you can do this:

I'd add a mechanic that lets you use it while sprinting, but who cares about sprinting anymore?

It's not even good against most bosses because a lot of times the weakspot is not the head.

Didn't think about that, but it's for the best.

Edit: current desing is good , I would say even beautiful on its simplicity it's a revolver that hits really hard, and if you are accurate it will fix you ocossional missed shots.

...Sort of. It's probably not gonna be as devastating as landing an aimed shot, but it'll lead to some genuinely funny moments as it improbably bounces off a wall and hits another Grineer in the stomach. I have this belief that ricochets in first-person (and third-person) shooters aren't fun unless something's holding your hand. 

(though I feel like the essay will have some T H I N G S to say about that)

Also, thanks so much! It's basically Vash's revolver, but with more Chiappa Rhino influence.

mangaverirl1.png?w=638\

(this is not my favorite version, the barrel is a little... off. Yes, the holes aren't... entirely a destiny reference :P

maxresdefault.jpgThis is where the little... slats or whatever above the barrel come from! I wonder if I should've drawn a compensator on it.

• Like 2

this is gonna be the next thing I re-stat. I'm not gonna redo it, the art isn't as lumpy as before.

On 2018-09-25 at 12:39 AM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Tenno 'Harken' Support Sniper Rifle

tenno__harken__support_sniper_rifle_by_h

"Seek the weakest points of your enemies with the Harken, or use it to create new ones."

Crit Chance: 26%
Status Chance: 22%

The Harken is an impact-focused Tenno bolt-action sniper rifle that creates weak points on direct hits with enemies. And yes, it does create weakpoints on enemies it hits after punch through. The Harken is capable of hitting said weak points. However, this does not stack, and does not create a new weak point. These weak points last for a few seconds before vanishing... unless someone hits them first.

While a single headshot from this will be enough to down most humanoid enemies, the Harken is built for those moments when one shot just isn't enough. It works perfectly in a support role at high levels, staggering enemies and opening them up to devastating critical hits. Its critical chance and unique trait should make it perfect for Eidolon hunting, and other similar fights should Warframe add in something like that.

It is fed from a 6-round tube magazine in the stock, reloaded shell by shell. It has the same bullet expansion tech as the Rubico, too. As for how the bullets expand, uh... you know, I have no idea. It's Warframe, you're lucky to get something this logical.

The scope highlights enemies when you're scoped in.

ARTIST NOTES:
This... was surprisingly hard to draw. Not in the way you think, mind - it was hard to conceptualize a sniper rifle that felt uniquely weird, Warframe, and Tenno. I wanted to rip the "sniper rifle creating weakpoints" concept from Evolve, that I was certain of, but I had a hard time making one that felt Tenno. I already had a plan for a weapon that fed from an en-bloc clip (Yes, clip. Not a mag. This is very important) like an M1 Garand which I'll draw later, and that just felt too... logical. I didn't want to homage the Rubico again, I didn't want a sniper rifle that felt too normal, so I was resigned to drawing it inspired by the Tiberon.

Then I saw the Thorneycroft Carbine, and the wood-framed rifles carried by Edrio and Benthic from Rogue One, (the wiki says it's a projectile rifle, the book says it's blasters, I don't care) and set to homaging those. The internal tube magazine in the stock is because of my adherence to that silhouette. I partly wanted to have a conventional mag, but, well... that's just not very Warframe.

Also, the three-lensed scope is inspired by Trackingpoint!

• Like 2

On 2022-09-18 at 10:56 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

add a mechanic that lets you use it while sprinting, but who cares about sprinting anymore

I do , and just about any other power adcited wisp player, Volt players and the occasional gauss enjoyer 

Sort of. It's probably not gonna be as devastating as landing an aimed shot, but it'll lead to some genuinely funny moments as it improbably bounces off a wall and hits another Grineer in the stomach. I have this belief that ricochets in first-person (and third-person) shooters aren't fun unless something's holding your hand. 

Thr only place I can see a non assisted ricochet mechanic make sense is a 2d stealth game. Because the player could use clever shots to take out a guard or something.

this is not my favorite version, the barrel is a little... off. Yes, the holes aren't... entirely a destiny reference :P

Tought the were just a destiny reference.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, keikogi said:

I do , and just about any other power adcited wisp player, Volt players and the occasional gauss enjoyer 

On 2022-09-18 at 9:56 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Awright then! Fok it, you can now fire the Estampida while sprinting.

Thr only place I can see a non assisted ricochet mechanic make sense is a 2d stealth game. Because the player could use clever shots to take out a guard or something.

On 2022-09-18 at 9:56 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Well... not just that. It can be useful in, say, Enter The Gungeon, but this is normally cause you're firing so many projectiles that one of the bounces will hit something. It's at its best when it's with an automatic weapon, a shotgun, or a beam weapon.

Tought the were just a destiny reference.

Partly, but it started cause of Vash's gun. Though I will admit I looked at the Rose to make sure I had the shape nailed down.

• Like 1

Tenno 'Harken' Sniper Rifle (the RE-STATTING)
"Seek the weakest points of your enemies with the Harken, or use it to create new ones.”
--Codex

Special traits:
Penetrator Rounds: creates weakpoints on hit. Shooting these weakpoints increases damage by 20%*.
Brainstormer: Headshot kills cause enemies to explode.
Smart Scope: Highlights enemies while scoped in. (In addition to, obviously, weakpoints) Comes with backup 1x zoom for use at short-medium range.

dcnq0hs-32fb7010-4e96-45f1-94eb-8cff3c71

LORE

Sniper rifles are designed with the principle of ‘one shot, one kill’ in mind. The Harken is a bullpup straight-pull bolt-action designed for targets that’ll take more than one shot from a sniper. According to Martialis Armory, who pioneered the design, the Harken was designed for use against Sentients in particular, built to crack their armor from afar for Tenno and Grineer fighters. 

Hits from this weapon create weakpoints at the point of impact, not dissimilar to those created by Banshee. Firing on these weak points deals bonus damage. In addition, data on these weak points (and enemies) is relayed to allied Tenno through the use of its smart scope.

This scope has so many functions that the gun earned the nickname of a scope with a gun attached. It highlights enemies for nearby Tenno, and does so many calculations that Ten, Dax, and Zero-techs alike also joked that it had its own brain, and openly wondered if each rifle had its own cephalon. While the last part was untrue, the first part was… probably untrue. Hopefully.

It’s fed from a 12-round magazine in the stock, loaded in a manner not dissimilar to a conventional bullpup.

Despite its more anti-materiel rifle mechanics, the Harken can work surprisingly well as a battle rifle. It has controllable hip fire and backup holo-dot sights installed atop the smart scope, allowing Tenno to use it in a manner similar to the Latron rifle.

This was unintentional, but as it kept the rifle used more often than other Tenno sniper rifles, the designers at Martialis kept shtum on it.

Just as they kept shtum on the rifle’s… less salubrious uses. In addition to use against Sentient armor, it was often used against “heavy” armor utilized by anti-Orokin insurrectionists. Particularly, it was used against the Iapetan Corpus-funded rebels that would eventually become the Kraton of Iapetus.

According to these early rebels, the rifle’s bullets were primarily composed of nanomachine colonies, which spread through armor plating and flesh like root systems of trees and violently self-destructed upon bullet impacts. To the credit of the Orokin, it didn’t use technocyte to do this - instead, it used ancient nanotechnology found in a vault beneath the surface of Iapetus.

Many members of the Kraton** would later reverse-engineer the nanites, or pass on the nanomachines to their sons.

STATS: 

Mods: Sniper

Trigger: Semi

Fire Rate: 1.9s

Noise Level: Alarming

Reload: 2.5s

Magazine Size: 14+1

Min. Combo: 2 shots

Combo Decay: 8s

Damage: 240

102 Impact
83 Slash
55 Puncture

Status Chance: 26%

Critical Chance: 32%

Critical Multiplier: 2.4x

Punch Through: 2m

Zoom Levels:

1x - Basic, non-sniper, non-scoped zoom. +25% headshot multiplier.

3x: + 20% critical multiplier, +25% headshot multiplier

5x: + 40% critical multiplier, +50% headshot multiplier

explosion:

Damage: 320

180 Slash
100 Impact
40 Blast

60% damage at 3.6m

Status Chance: 45%

Critical Chance: 30%

Artist Notes:

Consider this a filler episode of a sort before the next gun gets released. This is a bit of a weird thing for me considering I’m not revamping the artwork… much. But, well, it was pretty good at the time, and I don’t think I need to change that much. It was good enough to get a hundred faves at the time, and this art doesn’t deserve a revamp as frighteningly badly as the old Estampida did.

The same things said about the last one still apply. The scope is still inspired by Trackingpoint, and this is still inspired by the Thorneycroft Carbine and Edrio and Benthic's rifles from Star Wars. Though admittedly, I went a little more in-depth on the scope.

This is, much like the Dzida from awhile back, meant to be a sniper rifle you can feel like you'd take into general missions. Sniper rifles in WF occupy a tinier niche than one of those buildings at Wizarding World Orlando that are so tiny that they're inaccessible to people in wheelchairs. By their nature, they're great at taking out individual enemies... which isn't very useful with the number of enemies WF throws at you. This tends to catch us with our pants down when we're pitted up against rare enemies that genuinely do need sniper-level damage to hit. So this verges into battle rifle territory by having 12 rounds (that's plenty of margin of error, right? If I give it twenty, then it'll feel more like a FAL from Black Ops) and having a regular old 1x zoom mode that lets you scope out, get a less cramped view and some decent shots at this game's typical engagement range.

The explosion is meant to help with that by rewarding good shooting above all.

OTHER NOTES:
Also, on an unrelated note, I'm gonna be fiddling around with the Euston and Avakan's headshot multipliers - change the Euston's to 3.75x and the Avakan's to 3.3x. The Avakan already has pretty high damage for an assault rifle, I don't need to give it that much damage. Also, the Haoma's fire rate has been buffed to 11.25 to make it less controllable. 

(This is sort of a joke but not really - the Haoma was always intended to be a sort of headshot/bullethose hybrid, and making it a little less controllable helps balance it more.)

*Note: This isn't going on any other weaponry. It's too breakable.
**SOON (tm)

Edited by (XBOX)Fluffywolf36
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Tenno 'Harken' Sniper Rifle (the RE-STATTING)
"Seek the weakest points of your enemies with the Harken, or use it to create new ones.”
--Codex

Special traits:
Penetrator Rounds: creates weakpoints on hit. Shooting these weakpoints deals bonus damage*.
Brainstormer: Headshot kills cause enemies to explode.
Smart Scope: Highlights enemies while scoped in. Comes with backup 1x zoom for use at short-medium range.

dcnq0hs-32fb7010-4e96-45f1-94eb-8cff3c71

LORE

Sniper rifles are designed with the principle of ‘one shot, one kill’ in mind. The Harken is a bullpup bolt-action designed for targets that’ll take more than one shot from a sniper. According to Martialis Armory, who pioneered the design, the Harken was designed for use against Sentients in particular, built to crack their armor from afar for Tenno and Grineer fighters. 

Hits from this weapon create weakpoints at the point of impact, not dissimilar to those created by Banshee. Firing on these weak points deals bonus damage. In addition, data on these weak points (and enemies) is relayed to allied Tenno through the use of its smart scope.

This scope has so many functions that the gun earned the nickname of a scope with a gun attached. It highlights enemies for nearby Tenno, and does so many calculations that Ten, Dax, and Zero-techs alike also joked that it had its own brain, and openly wondered if each rifle had its own cephalon. While the last part was untrue, the first part was… probably untrue. Hopefully.

It’s fed from a 12-round magazine in the stock, loaded in a manner not dissimilar to a conventional bullpup.

Despite its more anti-materiel rifle mechanics, the Harken can work surprisingly well as a battle rifle. It has controllable hip fire and backup holo-dot sights installed atop the smart scope, allowing Tenno to use it in a manner similar to the Latron rifle.

This was unintentional, but as it kept the rifle used more often than other Tenno sniper rifles, the designers at Martialis kept shtum on it.

Just as they kept shtum on the rifle’s… less salubrious uses. In addition to use against Sentient armor, it was often used against “heavy” armor utilized by anti-Orokin insurrectionists. Particularly, it was used against the Iapetan Corpus-funded rebels that would eventually become the Kraton of Iapetus.

According to these early rebels, the rifle’s bullets were primarily composed of nanomachine colonies, which spread through armor plating and flesh like root systems of trees and violently self-destructed upon bullet impacts. To the credit of the Orokin, it didn’t use technocyte to do this. 

Many members of the Kraton** would later reverse-engineer the nanites, or pass on the nanomachines to their sons.

STATS: 

Fire Rate: 1.8

Noise Level: Alarming

Reload: 2.5s

Magazine Size: 12

Min. Combo: 2 shots

Combo Decay: 4s

Damage: 240

110 Slash
75 Puncture
55 Impact

Status Chance: 26%

Critical Chance: 32%

Punch Through: 2m

Zoom Levels:

1x - Basic, non-sniper, non-scoped zoom. +25% headshot multiplier.

3x: + 25% critical chance, +25% headshot multiplier

5x: + 50% critical chance, +50% headshot multiplier

explosion:

Damage: 320

180 Slash
100 Impact
40 Blast

Status Chance: 45%

Artist Notes:

Consider this a filler episode of a sort before the next gun gets released. This is a bit of a weird thing for me considering I’m not revamping the artwork… much. But, well, it was pretty good at the time, and I don’t think I need to change that much. It was good enough to get a hundred faves at the time, and this art doesn’t deserve a revamp as frighteningly badly as the old Estampida did.

The same things said about the last one still apply. The scope is still inspired by Trackingpoint, and this is still inspired by the Thorneycroft Carbine and Edrio and Benthic's rifles from Star Wars. Though admittedly, I went a little more in-depth on the scope.

This is, much like the Dzida from awhile back, meant to be a sniper rifle you can feel like you'd take into general missions. Sniper rifles in WF occupy a tinier niche than one of those buildings at Wizarding World Orlando that are so tiny that they're inaccessible to people in wheelchairs. By their nature, they're great at taking out individual enemies... which isn't very useful with the number of enemies WF throws at you. This tends to catch us with our pants down when we're pitted up against rare enemies that genuinely do need sniper-level damage to hit. So this verges into battle rifle territory by having 12 rounds (that's plenty of margin of error, right? If I give it twenty, then it'll feel more like a FAL from Black Ops) and having a regular old 1x zoom mode that lets you scope out, get a less cramped view and some decent shots at this game's typical engagement range.

The explosion is meant to help with that by rewarding good shooting above all.

OTHER NOTES:
Also, on an unrelated note, I'm gonna be fiddling around with the Euston and Avakan's headshot multipliers - change the Euston's to 3.75x and the Avakan's to 3.3x. The Avakan already has pretty high damage for an assault rifle, I don't need to give it that much damage. Also, the Haoma's fire rate has been buffed to 11.25 to make it less controllable. 

(This is sort of a joke but not really - the Haoma was always intended to be a sort of headshot/bullethose hybrid, and making it a little less controllable helps balance it more.)

*Note: This isn't going on any other weaponry. It's too breakable.
**SOON (tm)

I vaguely remember this one from a while ago, glad you decided to revamp it. I do like the idea of a sniper meant for more general use and the fact that it creates weakpoints on where it hits which gives it the ability to help teammates do more damage. Though that is a rare occurrence(eidolons and now acolytes) those time also happen to be when snipers shine as well. 

17 hours ago, Neo3602 said:

I vaguely remember this one from a while ago, glad you decided to revamp it. I do like the idea of a sniper meant for more general use and the fact that it creates weakpoints on where it hits which gives it the ability to help teammates do more damage. Though that is a rare occurrence(eidolons and now acolytes) those time also happen to be when snipers shine as well. 

Thanks so much... and I'd like to say you hit the nail right on the head.

Snipers in Warframe are... pretty neglected. Unless I'm just screwing around in PoE or wherev, I see no reason to bring one on most missions cause I need something that's good against crowds either through sheer volume of fire (my Soma Prime has a RoF of 1395 RPM. That's faster than an M249 with twice the boolets) or damage (most of the revolvers I use) and/or AoE (Sepulcrum).

...Snipers don't have these advantages.

Anyway, I figured that the best-case scenario for this thing being more used was to push it more into battle rifle territory. 

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Thanks so much... and I'd like to say you hit the nail right on the head.

Snipers in Warframe are... pretty neglected. Unless I'm just screwing around in PoE or wherev, I see no reason to bring one on most missions cause I need something that's good against crowds either through sheer volume of fire (my Soma Prime has a RoF of 1395 RPM. That's faster than an M249 with twice the boolets) or damage (most of the revolvers I use) and/or AoE (Sepulcrum).

...Snipers don't have these advantages.

Anyway, I figured that the best-case scenario for this thing being more used was to push it more into battle rifle territory. 

True, one arcane that makes snipers a lot more usable is arcane momentum which increases sniper reload speed on a crit which helps by decreasing downtime. But even that can only do soo much. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neo3602 said:

True, one arcane that makes snipers a lot more usable is arcane momentum which increases sniper reload speed on a crit which helps by decreasing downtime. But even that can only do soo much. 

True dat. It doesn't give me full auto fire. It doesn't give me a 12 round mag. It doesn't increase my peripheral vision or target acquisition. It doesn't give me explosive damage. And why not use something else for one of your two arcane slots?

Kraton 'Iocusta' Twin Machine Pistols

“These machine pistols, invented by the long-dead Kraton of Iapetus, conceal their surprising deadliness behind their small size. Each pistol can be individually charged by tapping the altfire key, which can allow you to fire away with one pistol as the other automatically charges up a devastating burst of homing shots… or firing them both to target six enemies in two devastating bursts.”
--Codex

kraton__iocusta__twin_machine_pistols_byMechanics

Shots on enemies build up data - this works similar to how Incarnon weapons build up charge that can be expended at any time. Data can be expended by tapping the altfire key. This activates the homing attack, which is represented as an auto-charge effect similar to the Tenora’s altfire. You can hold enough of it attack three enemies per charged attack - or six, if you altfire both pistols in quick succession.

As it charges up, this is represented by 1-3 red lines curving out from the device under the barrel, tracking to nearby enemies (depending on how much data you have)

Lore

Dual machine pistols from the Age of Despots, invented by the long-dead Kraton of Iapetus. Each pistol automatically cycles three-round bursts from 45-round magazines, (for a total of 90 shots or 30 bursts) and is capable of charging up a homing attack not dissimilar to that of the Sepulcrum or Tenet Diplos.

The Kraton were undisputed masters of nanotechnology and “smart” technology, rivaling - if not beating - the ancient Esha that once fought the Orokin. The ‘Iocusta’ exemplifies these strengths through both its auto-aim capacity… and its nanite munitions.

Each round it fires is composed of nano-substrate that transmits information back to the pistol, allowing it to collect data on weakpoints and target placement for more damaging attacks.

The applications for this are numerous. A user can be plinking away with one pistol at half the fire rate as its counterpart is charging itself for a homing attack. As this happens, the uncharged pistol fires with an increased delay between bursts (with slightly increased damage). Or, perhaps, they can charge both at once, for a devastating burst of six homing shots.

One wonders just how dangerous a member of the Kraton would have been, armed with these weapons.

Dr. Kanageyan here - evidently, the Nanocaust was not taken from the Esha, it was made by the Kraton. We’re gonna have to edit the Codex on that one.

The people of the Kraton experimented with humanity, not breaking past its boundaries in the same way as the Orokin or the Celian Continuity, but pushing against these limits all the same. Each member of the Kraton grew up with advanced implants that grew with their body, allowing them to vote on any decision their society put forth and view the polls on any issue. Each of them also had the ability to share sensory information, such as sight, touch, and sound. 

It made their sexual behavior really void-damn weird. ~Dr. Kanageyan

While it wasn’t exactly a hive mind, it nonetheless earned them the nickname of ‘Hivers’ from their neighbors on Enceladus and Titan.

While this had wide societal implications, it made the Grineer campaign against them an utter nightmare. Anyone who saw them could - and most likely was - relaying information to strategists the Kraton had elected into military positions. Any of them could be the designator for artillery strikes or bombardments from the Kraton’s primitive (but no less deadly) air force.

The Grineer eventually killed them through orbital bombardment and sheer weight of numbers, before importing in slaves and Grineer laborers from their inner planet holdings. Iapetus was later used mostly as a food production planet by the Grineer - and, with the massive amount of workers, this necessitated the creation of the Iapetan Shieldwall, a network of fortresses spanning Iapetus’ equatorial mountain range.

As a result of this devastation, few relics of Kraton engineering survive to the present day of the Origin System. This makes relics such as the Nanocaust and ‘Iocusta’ unspeakably rare…

STATS

Magazine size: 90 rounds
Ammo: Secondary

Primary Fire

Trigger: Auto-Burst

Burst Count - 3

Burst Rate: 6

Burst Delay: 0.3 

0.6 (if one pistol is charging) 

Rate Of Fire: 18.9(?*)

Reload: 2.3s

Damage: 26

3 Impact

13 Puncture

10 Slash

Crit Chance: 18%

Crit Multiplier: 2.4x

Status Chance: 38%

Homing Shots

Trigger: Auto-Charge-Burst

Charge Time: 1s

Burst Count - 9

Burst Rate: 12

Burst Delay: N/A

Rate Of Fire:...It’s auto charge. I’m not even gonna try on this one.

3 Impact

13 Puncture

10 Slash

Punch-Through: 0.3m

*IDK man, I hate calcing burst RoF.

Artist notes

So, for anyone who knows the lore I sprinkle in, this is a retcon. And I’m sorry for that. Originally, the Nanocaust rifle was made by unknowns, and it was just found somewhere at the furthest reaches of the Solar System.

…And now it’s from Iapetus. 

So why did I do this? Well, it’s… honestly hard for me to come up with new aesthetics. Most of what I do there is bash together extant stuff (this is sort of a hybrid of the Reactive Flatline skin and several things from Destiny 2, it’d take too long to list) and making something with this many hexagons a reference to smartguns from Cyberpunk just… made sense somehow. 

I just really wanted to homage smart pistols from CP2077, as I have been in a… Mood… due to Edgerunners. Edgerunners is hella tight. I think I should draw Rebecca soon. I will probably ponify her at some point. Where was I? Oh, right! My undiagnosed ADHD.

I don’t know what I’ll do next with Iapetans. Perhaps a whip made of nanomachines (SON)? I’m not going to make energy weaponry for them, I want to focus mostly on nanite-based weapons.

Perhaps a launcher. That would be neat.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Kraton 'Iocusta' Twin Machine Pistols

“These machine pistols, invented by the long-dead Kraton of Iapetus, conceal their surprising deadliness behind their small size. Each pistol can be individually charged by tapping the altfire key, which can allow you to fire away with one pistol as the other automatically charges up a devastating burst of homing shots… or firing them both to target six enemies in two devastating bursts.”
--Codex

kraton__iocusta__twin_machine_pistols_byMechanics

Shots on enemies build up data - this works similar to how Incarnon weapons build up charge that can be expended at any time. Data can be expended by tapping the altfire key. This activates the homing attack, which is represented as an auto-charge effect similar to the Tenora’s altfire. You can hold enough of it attack three enemies per charged attack - or six, if you altfire both pistols in quick succession.

As it charges up, this is represented by 1-3 red lines curving out from the device under the barrel, tracking to nearby enemies (depending on how much data you have)

Lore

Dual machine pistols from the Age of Despots, invented by the long-dead Kraton of Iapetus. Each pistol automatically cycles three-round bursts from 45-round magazines, (for a total of 90 shots or 30 bursts) and is capable of charging up a homing attack not dissimilar to that of the Sepulcrum or Tenet Diplos.

The Kraton were undisputed masters of nanotechnology and “smart” technology, rivaling - if not beating - the ancient Esha that once fought the Orokin. The ‘Iocusta’ exemplifies these strengths through both its auto-aim capacity… and its nanite munitions.

Each round it fires is composed of nano-substrate that transmits information back to the pistol, allowing it to collect data on weakpoints and target placement for more damaging attacks.

The applications for this are numerous. A user can be plinking away with one pistol at half the fire rate as its counterpart is charging itself for a homing attack. As this happens, the uncharged pistol fires with an increased delay between bursts (with slightly increased damage). Or, perhaps, they can charge both at once, for a devastating burst of six homing shots.

One wonders just how dangerous a member of the Kraton would have been, armed with these weapons.

Dr. Kanageyan here - evidently, the Nanocaust was not taken from the Esha, it was made by the Kraton. We’re gonna have to edit the Codex on that one.

The people of the Kraton experimented with humanity, not breaking past its boundaries in the same way as the Orokin or the Celian Continuity, but pushing against these limits all the same. Each member of the Kraton grew up with advanced implants that grew with their body, allowing them to vote on any decision their society put forth and view the polls on any issue. Each of them also had the ability to share sensory information, such as sight, touch, and sound. 

It made their sexual behavior really void-damn weird. ~Dr. Kanageyan

While it wasn’t exactly a hive mind, it nonetheless earned them the nickname of ‘Hivers’ from their neighbors on Enceladus and Titan.

While this had wide societal implications, it made the Grineer campaign against them an utter nightmare. Anyone who saw them could - and most likely was - relaying information to strategists the Kraton had elected into military positions. Any of them could be the designator for artillery strikes or bombardments from the Kraton’s primitive (but no less deadly) air force.

The Grineer eventually killed them through orbital bombardment and sheer weight of numbers, before importing in slaves and Grineer laborers from their inner planet holdings. Iapetus was later used mostly as a food production planet by the Grineer - and, with the massive amount of workers, this necessitated the creation of the Iapetan Shieldwall, a network of fortresses spanning Iapetus’ equatorial mountain range.

As a result of this devastation, few relics of Kraton engineering survive to the present day of the Origin System. This makes relics such as the Nanocaust and ‘Iocusta’ unspeakably rare…

STATS

Magazine size: 90 rounds
Ammo: Secondary

Primary Fire

Trigger: Auto-Burst

Burst Count - 3

Burst Rate: 6

Burst Delay: 0.3 

0.6 (if one pistol is charging) 

Rate Of Fire: 18.9(?*)

3 Impact

13 Puncture

10 Slash

Homing Shots

Trigger: Auto-Charge-Burst

Charge Time: 1s

Burst Count - 9

Burst Rate: 12

Burst Delay: N/A

Rate Of Fire:...It’s auto charge. I’m not even gonna try on this one.

3 Impact

13 Puncture

10 Slash

Punch-Through: 0.3m

*IDK man, I hate calcing burst RoF.

Artist notes

So, for anyone who knows the lore I sprinkle in, this is a retcon. And I’m sorry for that. Originally, the Nanocaust rifle was made by unknowns, and it was just found somewhere at the furthest reaches of the Solar System.

…And now it’s from Iapetus. 

So why did I do this? Well, it’s… honestly hard for me to come up with new aesthetics. Most of what I do there is bash together extant stuff (this is sort of a hybrid of the Reactive Flatline skin and several things from Destiny 2, it’d take too long to list) and making something with this many hexagons a reference to smartguns from Cyberpunk just… made sense somehow. 

I just really wanted to homage smart pistols from CP2077, as I have been in a… Mood… due to Edgerunners. Edgerunners is hella tight. I think I should draw Rebecca soon. I will probably ponify her at some point. Where was I? Oh, right! My undiagnosed ADHD.

I don’t know what I’ll do next with Iapetans. Perhaps a whip made of nanomachines (SON)? I’m not going to make energy weaponry for them, I want to focus mostly on nanite-based weapons.

Perhaps a launcher. That would be neat.

Really like the aesthetics of this one, just like the Nanocaust. Also first the Cerbera now Iocusta you're really knocking it out of the park with these dual pistols lately!

Thsi probably isn't gonna be the next gun I do, but it will be the next autoshotty. I feel like you need the giant drum to convince people that yes, this is an autoshotgun and not just a larger assault rifle.

Angling the drum back like that is because... if I'm not gonna have anything that looks quite as alien as anything WF, it's gotta look uncanny. Like you can almost recognize contemporary parts, but the full picture is nothing you've seen.

IMG-4651.jpg?width=821&height=554

• Like 1

Dhomochevsky changes

dziewanna__dhomochevsky__laser_pistol_by

So, since I made the Cerbera pistols, I realized something about the 'Dhomochevsky' pistol:

They feel too similar.

In the sense that the Dhomochevsky feels like the single version of the Cerbera.

The Dhomochevsky holds "ten" rounds and the Cerbera holds "twenty" and they both overheat. They've got totally different stat focuses, mind, but... it takes at least eight shots till they feel different. So I decided I'd exaggerate the Dhomochevsky's stats a bit. One stat thing I did as a joke with the Kosa from awhile back (remember that? It's basically the Mastiff.) was make it feel like it fired quite a bit faster than its slow unit-by-unit reload. Said unit-by-unit reload was meant to make it feel like a semiauto or pump-action loaded with a loading gate.

So I'm doing that with the Dhomochevsky!

Changes:

• Trigger changed to Angstrum-like auto-charge:
    • Primary Fire has a Charge Time of 0.4s, secondary fire has a charge time of 1.2
    • Why? To make it feel slower and more powerful. But that's okay, because...
  • Damage has been increased to 180: 
    • Why? ...Why not? But more seriously though, it's meant to make it feel slower and more powerful.
    • Conversely, the charged shot damage has also been doubled. (or at least, reduced to the nearest multiple of 90 then doubled.)
  • Magazine Size: Reduced to 4-7.
    • Why? Again, it's to change the "feel" of the weapon.
    • Some explanation on this: It's good for at least 5 shots, but it's only four shots before it starts overheating. So you should be able to fire 5-6 shots before it overheats. Since the final shot does lots of bonus damage (it's 20% of your modded damage btdubs) you're encouraged to overheat it... and pace your shots.
  • So how does it feel now? The overall package should now feel somewhat like the laser pistol from Aliens: Fireteam Elite. You probably can't get more than 5 shots out before the gun overheats. It's an extremely frustrating gun... but it's also an infinite ammo weapon that can oneshot most trash-tier enemies. At least, as long as you pace your shots.
  • Anyway, I hope everyone's okay with this update. Next thing I post should be a gun or Frame. Or at least something of more note than a balance pass.
On 2022-06-13 at 2:23 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Dziewanna 'Dhomochevsky' Laser Pistol

“This double-barreled laser pistol, analogous to various Tenno heavy pistols, fires high-intensity beams that punch through targets and can blow off limbs.

Overcharging it fires two beams simultaneously, but builds up heat faster. Like all Dziewannan guns, it has a tendency to overheat, and can be pushed far past its normal limits.”
Codex

dziewanna__dhomochevsky__laser_pistol_by

Lore

The Dhomochevsky is one of a few standard pistols belonging to the Dziewannan military, a common sight among officers, along with trade and mining expeditions - and even some Tenno. This pistol boasts high damage, high fire rate, a charged shot function, and negligible recoil… at the cost of a long cooldown period, and a more damaging overheat.

This can make the Dhomochevsky feel… underwhelming.

But: End of the day, it’s the most powerful laser pistol in the Origin System. It can hammer out devastating shots on the same power scale of any Origin System pistol at an extremely high rate, punching through armor and incinerating with ease.

In addition, its charged shot mode gives it a lot of utility. The intense heat at the point of impact causes lightning to arc outwards, wreaking merry hell on sensitive electrical components, shields, and nervous systems.

Those Dziewannans who use the Dhomochevsky often refer to themselves  as employing “the Domo’s Rhythm” - feather the trigger for a barrage of laser shots, maybe charge it up for a few damaging charged shots, push it a little past overheat, holster and switch to primary or melee, repeat.

It can hit with the punch of a sniper rifle. It has excellent anti armor ability. And holding down the trigger for a charged shot can simply hammer into a crowd of enemies - be it Infested, Grineer, or Corpus attempting to steal valuable Dziewannan technology before its onboard brickware activates.

The brickware causes no small amount of headaches among Dziewannan freebooters. It’s somewhat rare - not too common, but the risk is always present - that Corpus techs can brick their weaponry and other tech, ignoring the Corpus Board’s demands to bring back functioning Dziewannan technology at all costs.

There’s also the risk that repeatedly overheating the weapons for increased damage potential will eventually render them inoperable, although most Dziewannan technology is built from a nano-substrate capable of self-heal. This is actually relatively similar to Tenno weaponry, though it uses purely technological nanotech.. It’s for this reason that Dziewannan self-defense forces and expeditionary forces often keep a backup weapon from other factions of the Origin System - be it Solaris Kitgun, Grineer, or Corpus. Ganymedean minirocket weapons and Tenno firearms are particularly prized. The former are prized for their lack of recoil and explosive power, the latter are prized for their power and slash damage.

For long-duration planetside salvage and mining operations, especially those on Origin System bodies held by Grineer or Corpus, it’s a Godsend. These pistols, like all Dziewannan weapons, recharge by absorbing ambient energy - through solar cells, through a planet’s magnetosphere, and through powered weapon racks on Dziewannan ships. 

The powered racks are an innovation that the Corpus have taken for themselves.

At this point you may be wondering - why is the Corpus relationship with the Dziewannans so antagonistic?

Most of the Bidanian expats that founded Dziewanna were actually kept in Corpus work-contracts. Their Corpus overseer claimed eminent domain over this prize, provoking a violent skirmish that resulted in countless dead - with more on the Corpus side, surprisingly. By the time he’d managed to mount an assault decades later, the Dziewannans had managed to rig up their own ramshackle tech base.

There’s one more reason. Corpus spy-proxies embedded in Dziewanna have revealed that much of its native technology bears little if any resemblance to Orokin or Corpus products. While some of this is likely reinvented and repurposed by resourceful Dziewannans, not all of it can be explained.

It’s currently surmised that Dziewanna’s purpose was a research facility for technology belonging to other civilizations - an intriguing prospect for the Corpus…

Stats

• Trigger: charge

• Magazine: 5

• Recharge Time: 2.5s

• Cooldown Time: 0.6s

•      1.8s (After gun has overheated)

• Recharge Delay: 1s

• Rounds until overheat period: 4

• Maximum rounds fireable during overheat period - 3

• Overheat Damage: +20% heat

Primary Fire:

• Trigger: Auto-Charge

• Charge time: 0.5s

• Damage: 180

• 90 Puncture

• 60 heat

• 30 slash

• Critical Chance: 28%

• Critical Multiplier: 2.4x

• Status Chance: 20%

• Punch-Through: 0.4

Charged Shot
Increases overheat 50% faster

On Impact

• Charge Time: 1.2s

• Consumes 2 ammo

• Damage: 360

• 180 Puncture

• 120 Heat

• 60 Slash

Area Attacks

• Damage: 180 Electricity

• Blast Radius: 3m

Artist Notes

I didn’t quite want to do this, cause this felt kinda similar to the most recent Corpus pistol I did cause both are revolver-like energy pistols with a charge mechanic.. But, well, I was just sitting on this, for some reason my heart’s not as much in the current grenade launcher I’m drawing, I haven’t made a WF gun in two weeks…

…so I went and did this.

It was actually kind of hard to make this lore, on the basis that some of the earliest lore for Dziewanna was written close to three years ago, and the last Dziewannan gun I made was two years ago. I was on the verge of accidentally retconning some of this, claiming that the dziewannans just repurposed some old ruin…

But, well, I feel like I’ve created a happy medium between “Created their own techbase” and “repurposed already extant things.”

Fun fact: Originally this pistol was a railgun, but I’ve created a pretty decent framework for how Dziewannan firearms work, so that was scrapped.

• Like 2

So I know I said the next one would be a gun updort, but... that'll come in the next two hours, so don't worry about it.

BUFF NOTES:

Cenotaph
Critical damage and headshot damage increased to 3.3x.
Why? Why not? 
But all seriousness though, I feel like I mayyyyyyyyyyy have been powercreeping stuff... a lot... and this thing is meant to be a top-tier semiauto where the projectile velocity is the only real downside. As I've made at least two auto-burst explosive weapons (SPOILERS!) and burst weapons traditionally have more damage than semiautos, with the tradeoff of range and/or recoil, I want to be certain that this feels top-tier.

It should feel the way you'll feel when you get a bolter in darktide. Like you don't just have A big gun, you have The big gun.

On 2021-02-19 at 7:31 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

“Cenotaph” Semiautomatic Cannon
Entrati semiautomatic cannon that fires cryobaric micromissiles. Radial explosion does guaranteed cold damage.”
--Codex

entrati__cenotaph__semiauto_cannon_by_fl

Special Traits:
Frostbite Rounds - 
radial attack has guaranteed cold damage.
Charge Trigger - hold down the trigger of primary fire to increase blast radius, damage, and speed of projectiles. 

Lore

“We built it as an anti-Infested gun, but it works well enough as anti-everything. This baby can fit so many damage types in it.”
--Father, when buying the blueprint

Probably the closest thing to an anti-Infested sniper rifle. Haruka Lorne and Father Entrati took a weapon from ancient schematics, and so radically redesigned it for high crowd control that it practically stopped being a sniper. Users have varyingly described it as a semiautomatic cannon, a hybrid of sniper rifle and battle rifle, a battle rifle that shoots grenades or rockets, and even a “semicannon.”  So really, it's not that much like a sniper rifle.

To paraphrase design notes from Haruka and Father, calling it a ‘semicannon’ originally came as a joke from Haruka. In her words: “Well, it’s a semiauto cannon, but it’s not an autocannon, so…” Eventually they found themselves unable to stop referring to it as such. As often happens on such design projects.

In primary fire it launches low-velocity cryobaric micromissiles that explode on impact. Each round is hollowed out and filled with a lump of cryotic, which spreads as the missile deforms on impact, violently exploding and dealing cold damage in a small radius. The missiles have some puncture damage, exploding as they punch into armor, though this is less to penetrate armor and more to weaken it.

These rounds, similar to the Depezador’s secondary buckshot, are infused with cryotic. It does a guaranteed cold proc on radial damage. Radial damage is increased on direct hits with enemies.

This has a variety of applications for unique elemental builds. 

Have you ever wanted to have radiation, toxin, viral, and cold, in addition to IPS, and Hunter Munitions on a weapon? This can do it. You could do just viral, fire, and ice (you could) but seven status effects per shot would be funnier.

To increase the damage of primary fire, hold down the trigger to increase its velocity, damage, and blast radius. (I don’t know how much)

Kills with this weapon’s primary fire use Siphon technology to charge its secondary fire. Or rather, they use siphon technology to load its secondary fire, which is a small Siphon-powered Kyrkogrim Turret. The Kyrkogrim aims in the general direction of enemies, sticks to any surface it’s fired at, and - essentially - comes equipped with a tiny Artax rifle.

Sticking the Kyrkogrim to an enemy will cause that enemy to draw aggro from other enemies around it, and landing a headshot with it can ‘hijack’ an enemy. It also explodes when it’s destroyed.

This rifle was sadly (in Father’s words) “shafted” by the Orokin. While it’s easy to see it as another “cutting,” one of the many examples of the most effective weapons against the Sentients coming to an unfortunate accident, it’s not difficult to see why they did it. It requires a large number of resources unique to Deimos, and various Sentient-infused resources found on the Plains of Eidolon. A version of the Cenotaph was produced without the turret launcher, but it came to very little and saw limited service. Father also disliked it, seeing it as the “emasculated” version of his creation.

That said, those few Tenno (such as Haruka Lorne, Thane, and Ginebra Oster) who had the fortune to use it during the Old War made the claim that this investment is abundantly worth it. Among Tenno fireteams, it took a role somewhere between marksman and demolition, punching into high-value targets and detonating them from the inside. In Thane’s words:

“It costs an arm and a leg and takes days for a foundry to build, it’s loaded full of pulse-shielded machinery, and if you print it wrong… uh,  you don’t want to print it wrong. But once it’s finished, you can beat a small moon’s worth of enemies after drowning it in the mud, and you won’t get so much as a jam.
That good enough th-”

Like its close cousin, the Cromlech autoshotgun, it has a motorized reload mechanism involving both sides of the magwell moving to the sides as the magazine is pulled into the gun using advanced micromotors or something.

Strangely, Father and Haruka’’s design notes indicate that they “borrowed” many elements of its design from ancient, fragmentary records, raising the question of just what the original weapon that became the Cenotaph was designed to fight.

It has better hipfire accuracy than the Chakkhurr. 

Artist notes:

This all stemmed from realizing the Sepulcrum allows you to build a weapon with magnetic, gas, and toxin. So I asked myself one question: “what’s the silliest status loophole I can make to exploit this?” So, the Cenotaph was born. It does guaranteed cold damage on radial attacks so you can fill this with up to seven different damage types. And it shoots a turret. Fun stuff.

That outta the way? Yes, it’s a bolter. You know it, I know it, and GW probably can’t sue me for it. 

But - and this is important - it’s not the Stalker bolter. It has much more in common with the Perinetus ‘Solo’ Bolter, which I found out about from 1d4chan’s bolter page. The Perinetus, unlike the Stalker, is not scoped or silenced. It also looks like a slightly more stretched-out bolter, with larger gaps between various parts, and a longer barrel. I liked the idea of making a gun that’s essentially the Perinetus to the Sepulcrum’s Storm Bolter, so that’s where we get this thing. It felt… old, brutal, and simple. Apparently, Entrati technology is “archaic” so why not.

Honestly, this is more of a shorter-ranged marksman rifle than a sniper rifle. 

The stats come after the artist notes here because holy hell is this a lot of crunch. It’s also worth mentioning that I genuinely don’t know how the turret shot interacts with multishot, because I am too lazy and it is almost time for pizza. I'm also not gonna bother with writing out the stats for charged shots because that's too much work.

Stats (God help you)

Reveal hidden contents

Primary Fire

Ammo pool: Rifle
Fire Rate: 3.2s
Magazine: 15
Reload Time: 3.0s
Trigger: Charge

Normal attacks 

Damage: 130
    65 Puncture
    40 Impact
    25 Slash
Critical Chance: 20%
Critical Multiplier: 3.3x
Status Chance: 40%
Headshot Multiplier: 3.3x

Radial attacks

Damage: 90
40 Cold
50 Slash
Radius: 3m
Forced Procs: Cold
Critical Chance: 20%
Critical Multiplier: 3.3x

Secondary:

On Impact:

Damage: 10 slash
Critical Chance: 2%
Critical Multiplier: 2.0x
Status Chance: 2%
Projectile Speed: 40 m/s

Kyrkogrim Weapon”*

Range Limit: 30 m
 Fire Rate 1.0 round per sec
Accuracy 12.5
Magazine Size 80 rounds per mag
Reload Time 1.5 s Disposition
Total Damage 7 Cold
Forced Procs: Cold
Crit Chance 4.00%
Crit Multiplier 2.0x
Status Chance 3.00%

“Kyrkogrim Explosion”

Damage: 200 Radiation
 Crit Chance 20%
Crit Multiplier 2.0x

*Note: I copypasted in the Artax’s stats and slightly tweaked them (It’s a siphon weapon. Why not?)

Teracor

Explosive damage doubled to 210.
Why? Because launchers that do 400 damage just... aren't special.  This would've done 420 damage earlier, but that just isn't enough to stand on its own in the kind of content I normally do. Quiette Shy would be all like "it feels like I'm throwing popcorn at them" and I don't like that sort of thing. Especially because this exists to feel like a gun that shoots EXPLOSIVE POPCORN.

On 2019-08-31 at 1:06 AM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Sentient/Infested/Corpus “Teracor” Beam Rifle

Primary Fire - Enthalpic Beam: Fires a high-status radiation beam with Puncture and Slash.
Secondary Fire - Nova Bombs: Fires projectiles with a small radius…. that explode four times.
Special Traits: Firing through the Nova bombs extends the range of both the explosions, and beam.

Codex

“This thing was something of a failure, but…. I think that’s for the best.”
—Alad V

Mutalist Battacor that can fire either a high-status radiation beam, or bombs which explode several times.

corpus_infested_sentient__teracor__beam_
Lore

It says a lot when even Alad V, tinkerer with Things Beyond Corpus Comprehension and dabbler in prohibited tech, considers himself to have gone too far - and the Teracor is one of very few examples of this exceedingly rare behavior.

Paying off Solaris workers to sabotage an Anyo Corp enrichment lab near Deck 21 and steal a prototype Battacor, Alad experimented with a Technocyte strain cultured from the Mutalist Quanta to see if the Corpus-made pathways into the Sentient exotic matter could provide a vector to mutate a technocyte strain to infect the Sentient-made nano-ceramite-composite substrate.

While it didn’t cause metastasis within the nano-composite, it definitely had some effect on the Battacor’s function. Instead of bursts, it now fires an enthalpic beam that bounces on hard surfaces. And instead of heavy blasts charged by whatever energy it leeches from those it kills, it fires sticky projectiles that repeatedly explode.

While engaging in his deal with Natah, she requested that he hide it in a black site gas city meant to drop itself into the Jovian gravity well in case of emergency. This was, to Natah’s surprise, something Alad agreed to unquestioningly.

“After all,” he said, “I don’t think either of us want the Infested Minds to touch one of you,”

(While this probably will not happen, it’s at least possible)

At this moment, Corpus and Sentients are working to create Amalgam weaponry that mimics this weapon’s functionalities, minus any Infestation risk.

An Amalgam mod exists specifically for this weapon: Amalgam Teracor Adhesive Blast.

Artist Notes:

You know what I love? The Phantasma. Because it has some utterly ridiculous explosion potential. It’s a grenade launcher with homing submunitions. That’s cool, but it has an attached beam… which means you can also attach Combustion Beam to it.

I realize it’s a fun beam weapon, but you could’ve added the most weak and basic beam ever and I’d still love it for the sheer fact that you can add combustion beam here. It’s a grenade launcher that CHAIN EXPLODES! I love it. It gives me the same feeling I had when I added gas, electric, acid shells, and punch-through to my Sobek and started laughing hysterically. 

(Seriously, do this. It’s breathtaking. It can and will explode entire rooms of Corpus. And that’s how the Sobek is my second-most-used primary after the Soma Prime.)

And then I got into Spacelords. It scratches a lot of the same itches as Warframe, Lycus and Doldren are super fun to play… though, despite the fact that I’ve exported several things from that game, I’m not adding Bloody Mary here. In no sane world can that thing’s gimmick match up with Warframe’s math. But that’s beside the point.

As most people do, I watched some hihsasuke, because really, who doesn’t watch that dood? And I saw Loaht’s “Cookie” grenade launcher, which explodes “several times” (I have not found an exact number.) with a small radius.

And I started wondering about how funny that’d be with Combustion Beam. The beam mode here, I must point out, does not matter. I mean, it’s probably good and l think you’d enjoy something that can bounce and overpenetrate, but the beam is merely a way to sloppily affix combustion beam onto a silly explosive.

While it’s a bit silly to have an Amalgam mod that’s basically two mods, I like build freedom… and I like the thought of the Amalgam mod opening up just one more space.

Stats:

Shared

Magazine Size: 60
Reload: 1.8s

Primary Fire - Enthalpic Beam: Fires a high-status radiation beam with Puncture and Slash.

Trigger: Continuous
Damage: 30
    17 Radiation
    9 Slash
    4 Puncture
Status Chance: 37%
Crit Chance: 16% 
Crit Multiplier: 2.1x
Rate Of Fire: 12 
Punch-Through: 0.4m
Range: 48m

Special traits: 
            Negative Object Punch-Through.
            Firing through the Nova bombs extends the range of both the explosions... and the beam.

Secondary Fire - Nova Bombs: Fires projectiles with a small radius…. that explode four times.
Damage: 210 (x4)
    60 Blast
    120  Radiation
    30 Impact
Status Chance: 37%
Crit Chance: 20%
Crit Multiplier: 2.2x
Blast Radius: 2m
Fire Rate: 2.6

NOTE: Does not have inherent adhesive blast. It didn't seem like a good idea. Plus, it’d be more fun to watch people add Adhesive Blast and Combustion Beam and see what happens.

Speaking of which:

Unique Mod: 
Amalgam Teracor Adhesive Blast:
Projectiles stick to enemies
Enemies explode on death.

Makina

Explosive damage changed from whatever number it was last week  to 142.
Why? To end my suffering.

On 2019-10-12 at 5:53 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Tenno ‘Makina’ Revolver

tenno__makina__revolver_by_haruaxeman_dd

"This sleek, streamlined Tenno revolver cuts through crowds with ease, causing massive explosions on headshots.

The Makina was created during a strange transitional period for the Orokin. It was as the Orokin were at something close to the height of their power… but there were some things fraying, all the same. For example, the fact that Haruka Lorne, its creator, took clear inspiration from the Oeizu while. The Oeizu (or "long bone") are a posthuman subspecies of human that evolved and engineered themselves for survival in zero-gravity environments, but lost the ability to survive on planets (or even some moons) without severe organ failure.

It was a move that various orokin officials would likely have deemed heresy against the Seven, not just for showing sympathy, but (at least, pre-Corpus) allowing another culture to exist.

Granted, that last one was mostly Nihil and his acolytes. It was also constructed without a Prime counterpart.  According to Lorne herself, she "saw the pressure to create a weapon without the gold accents and stylization as a unique challenge, never really questioning it."

That would change eventually, as it soon became extremely inefficient to make Prime weaponry.

Using an electroencephalographic process similar to the Tollen marksman carbine, the Makina causes deadly explosions on headshots, which can cause up to two status effects per shot. While not possessing the one-shot devastation of the Depezador, the burst damage of the Pandero, the subtlety of the Naga, or the raw power of the Estampida, the Makina’s ability to control crowds and rip through Infested hordes allowed it to stand on near-equal ground with each of those weapons.

It uses a unique barrel that magnetically accelerates (and irradiates) its bullets, giving it considerable amounts of radiation damage. In fact, it’s possible - not likely, but possible - to turn crowds of enemies against each other with a single headshot from the Makina.

The cylinder springs out at a 45 degree angle to the main frame of the revolver, much like a Russian OTS-38.

Artist Notes:

Alright. Full disclosure, Warframe’s numbers are so… odd that I genuinely wouldn’t have much of an idea of what to do here. This… probably does less damage than the Pandero, taking into account the Pandero’s extra crit, but this has better status. It has crit capabilities slightly below the regular Vasto, below the Depezador,  

The original idea for this was a regular explosive revolver, but Spacelords happened. And I found that they have this one semi auto rifle that causes explosive damage on headshots.

That was perfect as a revolver. 

The design here is inspired mostly by classic rayguns! There’s some incidental similarities to Jakobs revolvers from Borderlands 3, but there’s a reason for that - I was taking some inspiration from percussion-cap revolvers, and I tried to smooth it over and found a raygun-like silhouette.

I just decided to roll with it.

Vernal
Headshot multiplier changed to 2.1x.
Why? To compensate for the headshot damage explosion - this was nearly 3.7x damage on headshots before the headshot damage rework. If  the base headshot multiplier is 3.3x, then this would give it a total of 4.7x damage on headshots without Primary Deadhead.

I don't think that's a good idea.

Plus, this is now at about 3.7x unmodified headshot damage (and 5.7x modified) taking the explosion into account, so that's not so bad.

On 2021-02-08 at 12:57 AM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Tenno 'Vernal' Lever-Action Rifle

tenno__vernal__lever_action_rifle_by_flu

“One of the highest points of Haruka Lorne’s craftsmanship, this lever-action rifle was created using parts from the Makina and Naga revolvers. The resulting creation fires silently if you pace your shots, and causes explosions on headshots. Two inscriptions scratched into the barrel read “For The Great Hunt” and “End The Long Winter.” Few records of these terms exist, and check your Leverian Entry for Gagarin, Tenno, I’m sure you’ll find it enlightening.”

--Codex

SPECIAL TRAITS
Integral Suppressor - Waiting 0.8 seconds between shots will silence the next shot fired. This is represented by a charge-like icon visible in the reticle. Even when zoomed in.
Brainstormer: On headshots, release radiation damage equal to 40% of headshot damage in a 3.2m radial explosion. 
Hunter’s grip: headshot kills and stealth kills turn you invisible.
Holosights: Tap altfire for increased zoom, which takes the form of an orange holographically projected sight that works similarly to ironsights in a first-person shooter. This also shows a graphic of the weapon silencing itself.

Lore

The last weapon Haruka Lorne created before the Tenno went into cryosleep. This Tenno rifle was built from spare parts for Naga and Makina revolvers, and as such it combines their most unusual traits into one high-powered package. Pacing your shots will silence it, and headshots release massive explosions of radiation damage. Like the Naga, it also comes with increased zoom - though in the form of tiny orange holographic sights that act much like traditional, non-technological iron sights. 

Everything about it compared to the Tenno arsenal is strange.  It was a rather unexpected creation for Lorne, who was well-known for preferring fast-firing longarms and slow, powerful sidearms. On paper, it doesn’t even seem to have a solid or necessary role in the Tenno arsenal - it’s not a DMR like the Latron Wraith, Veldt, or Ostium, because it’s not semiauto and has tiny magazine capacity. But it’s not a sniper. In fact,  it uses rifle ammo and it doesn’t have a scope. Instead, it has  an orange holographically projected sight that works similarly to ironsights in a first-person shooter. Similar to the lever-action rifle from Apex, there's a "charge" graphic that shows something increasing - in this case, the integrity of the weapon's sielncer.

Where this rifle truly shines, however, is in assassination. The lever can be manipulated slowly, to silently chamber a round*, and combined with its silencer and its ability to turn its users invisible, it allows a Tenno to silently slaughter the population of an entire outpost without ever being seen. Even its lack of a scope can be an advantage - this provides users ample peripheral vision, allowing them to quickly pick out targets at close to medium range. While it’s slower-firing and has a small magazine,

It uses a tube magazine that can be fed through a simple speedloader, similar to the kind used by the Oribi shotgun.

Much like the Makina, it takes inspiration from traditional Oeizu aesthetics, with its long, sweeping curves and rounded exterior and rounded, silvery decorations. It’s lost to history why Haruka Lorne took such interest in this culture, specifically, but it’s far from the only example of her taking an interest in them.

Records differ on whether the first Vernal rifles were produced before or after the Red Orbit, when the Tenno and some of their non-Tenno acolytes slaughtered the Orokin en masse. However, the Vernal was not named by Haruka Lorne herself.

That honor likely goes to a Bidanian Theist by the name of Yesha Szalm, the first person recorded as calling it a Vernal, and the first non-Tenno recorded as owning one. 

For some reason, most of the first Vernals were given en masse to Bidanian theists - not any of the simpler rifles like the Burston or Braton or Fedorova - and as such the Bidanians see the Vernal as something not unlike a holy object. Alongside the Tenno, the Vernal rifle was used to cut a bloody, slightly radioactive swathe through the ranks of the Orokin elite, with Tenno, Bidanian and even some Tenno acolyte squads silently ripping apart legions of Dax with this weapon.

To this day, those few Vernals that survive from the years of the Red Orbit are seen as priceless relics, and Bidanians use them to cull Corrupted enemies during their Festival of Makabi. Still others circulate among black markets in Corpus space, a prized weapon for gangsters and their hitmen.

*This is a total non-factor in gameplay. I just wrote this in for flavor reasons.

Comparisons

Prisma Grinlok - the Vernal does very slightly more damage on body shots, but it has a little bit less slash. It’s also got a smaller mag. Where the vernal really shines is in headshot damage. Which, in a strange way, gives it far better crowd control.
Naga Revolver: Assuming all shots crit, this actually crits better. Especially when scoped. Weird, huh?

STATS

Ammo pool: Rifle
Fire Rate: 2
Magazine: 10+1
Reload Time: 2.1s

Normal attacks 

Damage: 192
80 Puncture
64 Slash
32 Radiation
16 Impact
Headshot Multiplier: 2.1x

Critical Multiplier: 3.0x
Status Chance: 30%

Radial attacks

Damage: 330 Radiation
Radius: 3m
Critical Multiplier: 3.0x
Status Chance: 48%

Artist Notes

Funnily enough, this thing actually predates the release of the lever-action rifle in Apex Legends. But I did start coloring this thing when I found out it was released, so it's not like the 30-30 had no influence. Speaking of which, this is why it has 30 status and 30 crit - because, while making this weapon, I couldn't resist having the number 30 in it twice in quick succession.

For some reason, I was stuck on the idea of a silenced lever-action - and merging the idea behind two of my revolvers, the Makina and the Naga, into one rifle. The Makina creates radioactive explosions on headshots, meanwhile the Naga is a larger-caliber gas-seal scoped hunting revolver that’s silenced if you wait 0.8 seconds between shots. You can see some similarities in that this is essentially a L O N G Makina with the color scheme of the Naga.

I’m not… I’m not making this into a pistol. It’d invalidate them both, it’s just not a good idea. 

The Makina’s essentially a raygun gothic revolver, and the genesis of this came when I thought “hey, what about a lever-action raygun gothic weapon?”

Which is funny, because anyone who knows my playstyle in Warframe knows that I gravitate towards automatic weapons like the Soma Prime, Sobek, Buzlok, Prisma Gorgon, and Kuva Quartakk, with some outliers in the Corinth Prime and Strun Wraith. I enjoy the Latron Wraith a lot for some reason (probably my ridiculous redcrit riven) but I just don’t use it that often. So a lot of the synopsis for this is just me mocking the fact that this is an archetype I’m relatively unlikely to use. Though if this was canon, I’d probably have a lot of fun with it. Probably climb up the ranks of my favorite weapons fast.

Raygun gothic, by the way, is the aesthetic of the “oeizu” people I mentioned awhile back. The idea behind the Oeizu is that they’re nomadic and mutated by exposure to low-gravity, much like the Belters from The Expanse, and they’re mostly nomadic, existing in the lowest-gravity habitats and traversing the system on ancient ships. 

I’ve toyed with including them in my Warframe fan thread, but I just haven’t felt it yet. That thread… I already diverge a lot from canon. I already make up my own lore. I already include new factions, characters, events, terms, et cetera. Though who knows, maybe the Oeizu are all dead at this point, because I just said they existed at the same time as the Orokin. Oeizu, by the way, is a corruption of the ancient name “Outer System Union.”

It’s just that I’m used to being the kind of person that uses their fandom as a springboard into warping it into something else, and I don’t want the thread’s lore to get so 3deep5me that it crushes my love of Warframe. My love of this game is… already on a precipice compared to MLP, which will always be a treasure to me because of the plushie right next to me now. For some reason her face is the perfect shape to rest against mine. Whoever designed that deserves a raise.

Maybe, in time, I will do that. Or maybe I’ll just make something raygun gothic for the hell of it.

...That got heavier than I would have liked.

Charbon Prime

Critical Damage reduced to 2.1x

Why? To make it feel more different from the Naga. Speaking of which...

On 2022-06-28 at 4:49 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Tenno 'Charbon Prime' Revolver

“This revolver fires hollowpoint rounds tipped with void crystals. Upon impact, the crystal fragments are flung outward, ripping through vulnerable flesh. Upon headshots, however, the fragments change trajectory and arc back to the original point of impact, lacerating the skull. On headshot kills, however, fragments home in on nearby enemies. Strangely, the combined mass of fragments far exceeds the mass before the original shattering.

Hold down the trigger to increase its punch-through.”

--Codex

tenno__charbon__revolver_by_fluffywolf36

Lore

This was one of the strangest commissions I made.”
–Haruka Lorne

Haruka Lorne-built revolver firing crystal-tipped ammunition. Unlike other Tenno firearms, the ammo is surprisingly complex.

The Charbon Prime fires hollowpoint rounds with poor penetration. The hollows are then filled with a void-resonant crystal which shatters on impact, flinging outwards three improbably sharp shards that seem to seek the hollows in nearby enemies armor, causing massive internal bleeding. Strangely, the combined mass of the shards seems to exceed the mass of the crystal kept in the hollow.

If you were to add punch-through to this, it’d just shatter on walls instead of enemies. Similar to the Kuva Drakgoon, it’s incapable of having object punch-through.

To exploit this, Haruka Lorne added a charge mechanism that increases the velocity of its bullets, which hurls them through enemies, leaving them shattering against hard surfaces such as walls, vehicles, and heavy armor.

On headshots, things become more interesting. The projectiles travel a short distance from the point of impact… and promptly turn back towards the point of impact, dealing damage to the head again. If the enemy dies from the original headshot, the crystal fragments will seek out a nearby enemy. How or why this happens is unknown. 

This process is totally unaffected by punch-through if you are to add it. You can totally just shoot someone in the head, fire out homing projectiles from said head, overpenetrate another enemy, and cause a shotgun-like effect as the round shatters against a wall. On that note, it’s possible to shoot around a corner and fire off a shotgun-like spray around a corner.

The Charbon Prime is, not to put too fine a point on it, excellent against Infested, even moreso than the other revolvers of Haruka Lorne. It can deal scratch damage to those Infested in a short radius of the original target, headshots aren’t required for optimal damage, and it has really good slash.

It’s not exclusively good against Infested, however. Obviously, it’s great against Grineer and Corpus. It’s just that against Infested, it’s an excellent mid-road between precision and power.

STAT NOTES:
There’s a cosmetic effect on headshots of the fragments spraying out and arcing back towards the head. In terms of gameplay, it’s just expressed as bonus headshot damage. Actually statting those projectiles was too much work, and it would run the risk of every headshot possibly being able to deal like 12 status effects and crit 12 times. I don’t think that’s a good idea. I’ll go into that in Artist Notes.

STATS

Noise: Alarming

Magazine: 7

Reload: 2.6s

Trigger: charge

Normal Attacks

Fire Rate: 2.8s

Damage: 144

72 Slash

48 impact

24 Puncture

Critical Chance: 27%

Critical Multiplier: 2.1x

Headshot Multiplier: 3.6x

Status Chance: 27%
Projectile Type: Hitscan

Splinters

Projectiles: 3

Damage: 60

36 Slash

24 Puncture

Critical Chance: 27%

Critical Multiplier: 2.2x

Status Chance: 27%
Projectile Type: Non-hitscan

Artist Notes

So, I have… a number of weapons that are dependent on headshots for crowd control. There’s the Makina, Vernal, and Athenaeum, which do radial damage on headshots (and are, quite frankly, a nightmare to balance). There’s also the Jubal and Adjudicas, which have headshot ricochets like a Jakobs except they can be pushed to ridiculous extents. There’s also the Oribi (that’s old lol) that just has the Jakobs ricochet combined with the Peacekeeper from Apex, and also the Un Lobito (GUITAR CHORD) revolver, which does heat damage explosions on headshot kills.

So eventually I asked myself: “How do I make the opposite?”

And this was the answer - something that does more crowd control on body shots, but not headshots. To compensate, it has great headshot damage. I balanced this against the Estampida pistol (which is 4 years old. Man, that art needs a remaster) so it does less damage, especially on headshots. The homing on headshot kills is just because… at that point? Why not.

Trying to create this gimmick was actually surprisingly difficult. Originally, I planned on making each fragment individually do damage, and that was… that was too much work. There’s three reasons for this.

First, it means I’m not giving it the ability to do up to 12 status effects on one headshot. Assuming a riven isn’t in play.  I’ve never balanced a game in my life, but that sounds like a nightmare.

Secondly, it means I’m not being forced to twist the stats into a pretzel by giving it less than 80 damage. Thirdly, it means more immediate headshot damage - Warframe exists in a space where dead is the best CC, and an extra second or so to kill enemies might make this feel a bit… off.

• Like 1

Tenno 'Beowulf' Rifle

“A descendant of the Euston, this build has a half of its older brother’s magazine size, but makes up for this by firing higher-caliber explosive rounds… in three-round burst. It has less margin for error, but few things can survive a full burst from it completely intact.”

Codex

Tenno 'Beowulf' Rifle

Lore

A descendant of the Euston rifle, used by guards during the final days of the Old War. As resources were growing somewhat scarcer towards this era, the Euston Wraith prioritizes shot-for-shot power over volume of fire. It was a common sight among Tenno, Dax, and even Grineer guards for important sites such as the grand coliseums that would one day hail the tenno as saviors. 

As with its elder brother, the Beowulf is composed of two components:

‘Beowulf’ rifle

A fast-firing three-round auto-burst rifle chambered for explosive micromissiles, accurately described as “the poor man’s Catafalque.”

While its magazine capacity is small by Origin System standards, it makes up for this by firing really, really big bullets. Each semi-armor piercing round was designed to punch through the same hole in Sentient armor and explode, dealing massive damage. 

In addition, zooming in with this weapon will (similar to the Naga revolver) overcharge the next shot fired. Aiming for 1 second with this weapon will increase the damage, headshot multiplier, and blast radius of the next shot fired. As this charge function is automated, you can just let loose immediate followup shots.

Measured, paced shots towards enemy heads will result in each round landing in roughly the same place.

Firing more than two successive bursts… yeah, maybe don’t do that. At  that point, the vertical recoil will grow extremely hard to manage, and it will start bucking from left to right.

While it’s capable of half the bursts of the Catafalque, even its explosions have far better antiarmor performance, as its explosions hurl waves of prefragmented nano-shrapnel. Its rounds are equipped with dense penetrators, which stab into flesh and armor like a Tenno rapier.

‘Equis’ Launcher

It functions identically to the Euston’s, being able to rebuild ammo on the fly… but unlike the Euston’s Equis launcher, which can hold three grenades, the Beowulf’s fires a rather… unique rocket projectile. 

As such, it doesn’t arc like the Euston’s launcher. It has an effect not dissimilar too Nightwatch Napalm, creating small pockets of fire within a sphere around the impact area. The fire will deal 30% of the weapon's modified base damage as Heat damage with 68% chance to proc over 6 seconds…

Except on impact, it has a cluster bomb-like effect, splitting into three napalm spheres.  This made it an extremely valuable tool up through the infested outbreaks common till the midpoint of the Age of Despots.

To cut down on logistical issues and prevent Tenno from being covered in ammo, the Beowulf uses an onboard manufactory to create munitions for its underbarrel launcher. This unfortunately means it can’t fire as a shotgun, and also means it can’t be manually reloaded. Because of reasons, firing the launcher also consumes one ammo unit from the primary magazine. I have no idea how this works but that’s beside the point.

It takes 5 seconds per round to regenerate the ammunition in the Beowulf’s launcher’s mag. The grenade launcher is a separate fire mode in the vein of the Argonak or Stradavar’s select-fire, not something activated by just tapping the alt fire button.

Artist notes:

The stats come after this because SWEET LAWD THAT’S A LOT OF CRUNCH

Anyway, I actually shooped this together back in March but never got around to it! I was in Zion National Park (that was a good time) and that made me think about the Survivalist’s Rifle and the Euston Rifle I drew awhile back. I wanted to make something that felt like the Survivalist Rifle to the Euston’s M16 series.

(I use M16 sort of generally here - the Euston is heavily based on the original wooden furniture AR-10s, but it has a grenade launcher so that evokes images of the original M16)

So as a result, it has about a third of the trigger pulls of the rifle it’s built from, (Giving it 12 felt more fun) and fires much bigger bullets.

Making it burstfire was just a way of making it stand out a little more. Making it auto-burst and having it charge while aimed (the 30-30 from Apex Legends was a big influence there) was just a Shower Thought, cause I figured it’d be funny. The DMR-like behavior is a result of the AM-16 Gruppa from Aliens Fireteam. 

This is really meant to feel like a generalist sort of firearm. You can use it as an assault rifle, (sort of, given that it gets uncontrollable after two successive bursts) a DMR, a launcher, and you can get this great feeling like you’re causing everything to explode as you hold this.

Stats

Primary

• Type: Rifle

• Magazine: 36

• Reload: 2.5s

• Trigger: Auto Burst

• Burst Count: 3

• Burst Delay: 0.28

• Burst Rate: 15

• Fire rate: 3.5? (I hate burstfire calcs)

Impact

• Damage: 75

• 40 Puncture

• 25 Slash

• 10 Impact

• Critical Chance: 39%

• Critical Multiplier: 2.2x

• Status Chance: 9%

• Headshot Multiplier: 3.15x

Radial

• Damage: 50

• 30 heat

• 20 puncture

• Headshot Multiplier: 2.2x

• Projectile Type: Radial

• Radius: 1.6m

Charged Primary

Impact:

• Trigger: uuuuuhhh

• Charge time: 1.5s

• Damage: 150

• 80 Puncture

• 50 Slash

• 20 Impact

• Projectile Type: non-hitscan

Radial

• Damage: 100

• 60 heat

• 40 puncture

• Radius: 3.2m

Launcher

Impact:

• 30 heat

• 20 puncture

• Status Chance: 24%

Radial:

• 220 Impact

• 140 Blast

Cluster Bombs:

Impact:

• 30 heat

• 20 puncture

• Multishot: 3 (50 per projectile)

Cluster Bomb Explosion:

• Damage: 120 Heat

• Like 3

5 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Tenno 'Beowulf' Rifle

“A descendant of the Euston, this build has a half of its older brother’s magazine size, but makes up for this by firing higher-caliber explosive rounds… in three-round burst. It has less margin for error, but few things can survive a full burst from it completely intact.”

Codex

Tenno 'Beowulf' Rifle

Lore

A descendant of the Euston rifle, used by guards during the final days of the Old War. As resources were growing somewhat scarcer towards this era, the Euston Wraith prioritizes shot-for-shot power over volume of fire. It was a common sight among Tenno, Dax, and even Grineer guards for important sites such as the grand coliseums that would one day hail the tenno as saviors. 

As with its elder brother, the Beowulf is composed of two components:

‘Beowulf’ rifle

A fast-firing three-round auto-burst rifle chambered for explosive micromissiles, accurately described as “the poor man’s Catafalque.”

While its magazine capacity is small by Origin System standards, it makes up for this by firing really, really big bullets. Each semi-armor piercing round was designed to punch through the same hole in Sentient armor and explode, dealing massive damage. 

In addition, zooming in with this weapon will (similar to the Naga revolver) overcharge the next shot fired. Aiming for 1 second with this weapon will increase the damage, headshot multiplier, and blast radius of the next shot fired. As this charge function is automated, you can just let loose immediate followup shots.

Measured, paced shots towards enemy heads will result in each round landing in roughly the same place.

Firing more than two successive bursts… yeah, maybe don’t do that. At  that point, the vertical recoil will grow extremely hard to manage, and it will start bucking from left to right.

While it’s capable of half the bursts of the Catafalque, even its explosions have far better antiarmor performance, as its explosions hurl waves of prefragmented nano-shrapnel. Its rounds are equipped with dense penetrators, which stab into flesh and armor like a Tenno rapier.

‘Equis’ Launcher

It functions identically to the Euston’s, being able to rebuild ammo on the fly… but unlike the Euston’s Equis launcher, which can hold three grenades, the Beowulf’s fires a rather… unique rocket projectile. 

As such, it doesn’t arc like the Euston’s launcher. It has an effect not dissimilar too Nightwatch Napalm, creating small pockets of fire within a sphere around the impact area. The fire will deal 30% of the weapon's modified base damage as Heat damage with 68% chance to proc over 6 seconds…

Except on impact, it has a cluster bomb-like effect, splitting into three napalm spheres.  This made it an extremely valuable tool up through the infested outbreaks common till the midpoint of the Age of Despots.

To cut down on logistical issues and prevent Tenno from being covered in ammo, the Beowulf uses an onboard manufactory to create munitions for its underbarrel launcher. This unfortunately means it can’t fire as a shotgun, and also means it can’t be manually reloaded. Because of reasons, firing the launcher also consumes one ammo unit from the primary magazine. I have no idea how this works but that’s beside the point.

It takes 5 seconds per round to regenerate the ammunition in the Beowulf’s launcher’s mag. The grenade launcher is a separate fire mode in the vein of the Argonak or Stradavar’s select-fire, not something activated by just tapping the alt fire button.

Artist notes:

The stats come after this because SWEET LAWD THAT’S A LOT OF CRUNCH

Anyway, I actually shooped this together back in March but never got around to it! I was in Zion National Park (that was a good time) and that made me think about the Survivalist’s Rifle and the Euston Rifle I drew awhile back. I wanted to make something that felt like the Survivalist Rifle to the Euston’s M16 series.

(I use M16 sort of generally here - the Euston is heavily based on the original wooden furniture AR-10s, but it has a grenade launcher so that evokes images of the original M16)

So as a result, it has about a third of the trigger pulls of the rifle it’s built from, (Giving it 12 felt more fun) and fires much bigger bullets.

Making it burstfire was just a way of making it stand out a little more. Making it auto-burst and having it charge while aimed (the 30-30 from Apex Legends was a big influence there) was just a Shower Thought, cause I figured it’d be funny. The DMR-like behavior is a result of the AM-16 Gruppa from Aliens Fireteam. 

This is really meant to feel like a generalist sort of firearm. You can use it as an assault rifle, (sort of, given that it gets uncontrollable after two successive bursts) a DMR, a launcher, and you can get this great feeling like you’re causing everything to explode as you hold this.

Stats

Primary

• Type: Rifle

• Magazine: 36

• Reload: 2.5s

• Trigger: Auto Burst

• Fire rate: 3.5? (I hate burstfire calcs)

Impact

• Damage: 75

• 40 Puncture

• 25 Slash

• 10 Impact

Radial

• 30 heat

• 20 puncture

• Headshot Multiplier: 2.2x

• Radius: 1.6m

Charged Primary

Impact:

• Trigger: uuuuuhhh

• Charge time: 1.5s

• Damage: 150

• 80 Puncture

• 50 Slash

• 20 Impact

• Projectile Type: non-hitscan

Radial

• Damage: 100

• 60 heat

• 40 puncture

• Radius: 3.2m

Launcher

Impact:

• 30 heat

• 20 puncture

Radial:

• 220 Impact

• 140 Blast

Cluster Bombs:

Impact:

• 30 heat

• 20 puncture

• Multishot: 3 (50 per projectile)

Cluster Bomb Explosion:

• Damage: 120 Heat

Like it's ancestor the Euston I really want this one, I really like how you can see the similarities this shares with the Euston but still maintaining its own identity.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Neo3602 said:

ohh I like that reminds me of the burston, and I do have a soft spot for bullpup weapons

Bullpups are fun to draw cause they let you do so much more with the silhouette.

neostead.jpg

Like so.

That last one, though, is essentially me looking at Arasaka assault rifles from CP2077 and asking "what if I put all that goddamn bulk behind the receiver to good use?"

artwork.php?illust_id=98692450

(I mean look at this, there is no reason for it to be this bulky behind the pistol grip. What if I wanted an adjustable stock? Or a stock that isn't thumbhole? Or less weight?)

Also, thanks so much for your praise of the Beowulf!

• Like 2

Pyrite Hand 'Anark' SMG(?)

“Even the Jovian gunsmiths who made it don’t know if this eight-barreled weapon is an SMG or an autoshotgun. It fires four rounds from each set of four barrels, barraging enemies with a storm of ferromagnetic hollowpoints.”

–Codex

pyrite_hand__anark__smg____by_fluffywolf

Lore

Designed by the Pyrite Hand anarchist collective primarily for ease of manufacture, this weapon blurs the line between SMG and shotgun.

This eight-barreled weapon is configured to fire four rounds at once, for high stun and volume of fire. As none of the bullets were ever going to have much in the way of penetrative power, each is a hollowpoint with a small ball bearing placed in the hollow for massive impact and slash damage.

It’s not very accurate, and due to its short barrels, each round behaves not unlike a shotgun slug with high damage at close range, but lowered damage at rifle range. 

The bulk of the weapon - stock, pistol grip, trigger, handguard - consists of just a rechargeable battery and a cheap fire-control computer that requires less processing power than a standard Corpus dataslate, in addition to magnetic accelerators that greatly increase the velocity of each round. It has no magazine, bolt, or any other feature common to firearms.

Its magazine, on the other hand, greatly stretches the definition of “magazine” - this is a large ammunition unit containing eight barrels, each of which are stacked with (placeholder amount of) rounds and their propellant.. If it wasn’t for the fire-control system in the main body of the Anark, this might be the only part needed. 

So if it’s that crude, and that inaccurate, and that short-ranged, why do people use it? There’s two reasons.

First, at the kind of ranges that many Origin System firefights take place, such as in spaceship corridors, the range of an assault rifle isn’t entirely necessary… and it has simply incredible volume of fire.

Second, it’s cheap and easy to build. A Foundry is barely even required for it. To circumvent Weave restrictions in both Grineer and Corpus space, the Pyrite Hand placed its blueprint on the Weave as a “homebrew anti-Infested device.” Privately, it’s been said among the hackerpunks of the Pyrite Hand that the Anark was designed to fill the hands of entire armies - and, if one was to add up all the Solaris, Level Dawn, Red Veil, Ganymedeans, SIF, and Rockhoppers, it does.

In a way, the Anark exemplifies a lot of Pyrite Hand philosophy - overwhelming force, and accessibility. It’s seen among most of the independent fighters, mercenaries, and adventurers of the Origin System, even found on the Tenno relays. Like many Pyrite Hand weapons, it’s composed of 3D-printed components and scavenged components, and it ultimately doesn’t matter which one is used to build it.

The Pyrite Hand are dyed-in-the-wool anarchists who position themselves as a deliberate counterpoint to Parvos Granum and the Corpus philosophy. Where Parvos’ hand is gold, their hand is pyrite. There’s a couple meanings inherent in this - firstly, “pyrite” means “stone or mineral which strikes fire,” which signifies their desire to burn the scourge of the Corpus from the Origin System. Secondly, and most importantly… 

Pyrite is often known as ‘Fool’s Gold.’

In addition, they center their symbolism around the hand being on the right, as Parvos’ Granum’s golden hand is on the left. 

They seek the destruction of Corpus and Grineer authority, the abolition of borders, and the end of brain-shelving. They want a world where all are as free as possible to make their own decisions and the shackles of Corpus slavery are a thing of the past.

Unfortunately, this gun (and other weapons and products) is often the extent of their presence and influence on the relays, as the Pyrite Hand have developed a bit of a stereotype for burning bridges with other factions.

For example, their anti-clericalism (and, sometimes, outright antitheism) often ends up placing them at odds with more religious Syndicates such as New Loka, the Arbiters of Hexis, Bidanian Theists, the Quills, and Ostrons. These aren’t majority opinions, but it makes their ability to organize with their allies (and nominal allies) rather difficult. This stereotype has reached its nadir with the Perrin Sequence, who the Pyrite Hand treat with outright contempt. In their minds, the Corpus way of life is simply impossible to reform, and held together by toxic nationalism and cultural posturing.

Their relationship with Solaris United is relatively friendly, though often tense due to their differing outlooks, as many Solaris members still display the culture of those raised in the Temple of Profit. This can make for something of a sticking point when a Solaris uses rhetoric of the Temple of Profit to their own advantage, though there’s an unspoken agreement just not to touch on it if it gives Solaris some way to rise. In addition, they often see the Free Moon of Ganymede and the SIF as failures for having embraced centralized authority after they earned their freedom from the Corpus and Grineer, respectively.

Out of everything, there are two Syndicates they have genuinely friendly relations with - firstly, Level Dawn. Both share the same hatred of Corpus oppression, though they differ on their views of centralized authority. The other is Red Veil, due to their shared interest in purging the corrupt and their sheer hatred of Grineer and Corpus exploitation alike.

This is all very unflattering. But, to the Pyrite Hand’s credit, they were not entirely wrong by calling New Loka ecofascist and bioessentialist, or when they told Ergo Glast that the Corpus could not be reformed. In fact, in most of their arguments, there is truth…. It’s just that at their very worst, they’re a little too eager to say they know the whole truth.

The one thing they will not abide is Pyrite Hand members who look a little too fondly on Grineer fascism.

stats

• Trigger: Auto

• Noise Level:  Alarming

• Magazine: 80

• Reload Time: 3s

• Fire Rate: 13.6 

• Multishot: 4

• Damage: 120 (30 per shot)

• 17 Impact

• 11 slash

• 2 Puncture

• Critical Chance: 15%

• Critical Multiplier: 3.0x

• Status Chance: 38%

• Falloff:

•  100% damage up to 20m

• 40% damage at 42m

Artist Notes

As inspired by the 6A Jaipur from Aliens Fireteam Elite, which itself was (probably?) inspired by the Anarchy from Borderlands 1. This is an SMG that fires four rounds per shot… unless you get the Double Anarchy, which shoots eight per shot by doubling the projectile count. But, well, everyone has multishot in this game, so we’ll all end up with triple or even quadruple anarchies at some point if this gun was real.

Anyway, the Anarchy!  You can’t get any real precision out of it, but it DOES have serious volume of fire and it’s fun to see the bullets exploding against walls like they’re packed full of firecrackers.

Fireteam Elite, however, refined the Anarchy idea of “4-projectile SMG” by adding falloff stats to it. These falloff stats reinforce its role as a shotgun hybrid by allowing it to tighten its spread and adding a disadvantage beyond simple inaccuracy.  Sometimes I do wish that WF had falloff stats as more of a universal thing so it could open up more design space for SMGs and the like. We could have something like the CAR or Volt SMG from Titanfall 2, which have less damage at range than some assault rifles but compensate by being more controllable. But, then, with how short-range firefights started out in this game (who wants to have their Soma Prime experiencing damage falloff by the other end of a hallway?) it’s probably for the best. Also, adding falloff stats to the literally 100+ weapons I’ve made, good lord, what am I doing with my life would be too much work.

Statting this one was an… interesting experience. I had to think about how many rounds the magazine would hold, and I had to make sure it didn’t have too many advantages over the Cedo, because the stats would be closest to that one.  I’m opposed on principle to having a gun that just has unilaterally better stats than another one (unless it’s a Prime variant or something of the sort). However, the Cedo… I don’t like the Cedo. It’s got massive falloff, it’s got less damage than the Astilla, it just doesn’t feel as punchy because its firing sound doesn’t even have the bass of the Sobek, and it has terrible status. The glaive is good, don’t get me wrong, but it feels so much better than the weapon it’s attached to that I just don’t quite see the point.

I think on some level I just gave up. Anyway, this is always probably going to be better than the Cedo due to having nearly triple the RoF. And now, a lore note:

This one took… some deep, personal time to write.

If Level Dawn represents my growing shift to the left, my realization that so much of the systems of modern life are exploitative and abusive and must be destroyed for the sake of our mental health and the planet…

…then the Pyrite Hand represents my misgivings about the left. The sense of judgment, the glorification of infighting, the feeling I’m unwelcome no matter what, the lack of foresight, the sense of contempt, the sighs I have when I see people say “abolish restaurants” (...why?) or insist I’m a morally compromised failure for being Jewish.

Still, I tried to be nice. Because I do understand it. I don’t truly hate any of the viewpoints the Pyrite Hand is meant to evoke, or anyone that holds these viewpoints. I do have a lot in common with them, I just feel as if the anger is the point and want to keep them at arm’s length.

This last line was a reminder to myself not to make them tankies. God, I hate tankies. It’s very frustrating to be told that “actually, Ukraine is evil too” by people that probably consider themselves anti-imperialist.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

The good news is that I drew up a new revolver. The bad news is that it looks too long and thin to feel like it fits with my original idea for it.

unknown.png

Interesting profile, gives me ray gun vibes a little bit. 

20 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

It's essentially a Warframeified version of the Cosmo Dragon, just with Remington 1858 vibes. The first thing is probably where the raygun vibes come from.

A5E33EB1B0A73E_6_1000.webp

I see what you mean, that's a very unique looking revolver

On 2022-10-22 at 4:26 PM, Neo3602 said:

I see what you mean, that's a very unique looking revolver

It's something from Leiji Matsumoto's.... fairly loose canon, based on a cap and ball. Love those things, cap and ball revolvers are very aesthetic. Due to a combination of patent-dodging and the fact that they were a new invention, they got to look and act much more offbeat than most modern revolvers. 

Savage_Navy_Revolver.jpg

(Savage Revolver - looks kinda Vasto, huh?)

starr.jpg

(Starr Revolver. This was one of the first double action revolvers.)

master1_100122960_main?pgw=1&pgwact=1

(Colt Army 1860. I've homaged this a lot!)

le_mat_cavalry_2_.jpg

(Lemat revolver. Most famous for having an underbarrel shotgun. There's at least two other versions, but everyone homages this one.)

• Like 1