Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fluffy's warframe concepts - weapons and enemies! (Newest concept - 𝑻𝒆𝒏𝒏𝒐 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑺𝒉𝒐𝒕𝒈𝒖𝒏!!)

(XBOX)Fluffywolf36

Progress Updort: 

Alright, so it's finally happening. You wanted it, spacebattles apparently wanted it, and honestly I wanted it too - I'm working on the Vaculyst! I started it about 3 and a half hours ago in the pub, waiting for a burger with bleu cheese, onions, bacon, and honey dijon mustard. Delicious. But there's just one thing I need to settle at the moment.

How would the Knell work if I made a carbine inspired by it? 

The main reason I ask is because I notice that the Knell's silhouette reminds me of the DL-44 pistol from Star Wars, which was built from a Mauser...

Knell-EN.png?fit=259,180&ssl=1

blaster1-660x371.jpg

...And a Mauser carbine exists. Also there was a carbine version of the DL-44 in the movie Solo but I wasn't able to see it clearly. The carbine, that is. Not the movie. That part was alright.

10dc0bba86b6a6dd5fed6515c13c4cd11c86919b

Course, it's here that I run into a problem: I don't know how this would work.

It's a really big problem, too, seeing as almost everything in this thread has been derived from stuff that I thought would be fun. I thought a Tenno LeMat would be cool so I made the Depezador, I liked the idea of staggering enemies with status and taking advantage of it with crit so I made the Avakan, (also, I like AN-94s.) I liked the Overkill from GoW4 so I made the Balaenis, (also I was in a very Harpak sort of mood at the time) I enjoyed the Alternator and Flatline from Titanfall 2 so I made the Bruin, and I really wanted a crit-based soma inspired autoshotgun, so... Somesha.

But if I don't know what'll make a cool drawing fun, a big part of the spirit of this is... gone. So, I'm asking the viewers - that includes @Almighty_Jado and  @Unus: What would a Knell carbine feel like?

1 hour ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Progress Updort: 

Alright, so it's finally happening. You wanted it, spacebattles apparently wanted it, and honestly I wanted it too - I'm working on the Vaculyst! I started it about 3 and a half hours ago in the pub, waiting for a burger with bleu cheese, onions, bacon, and honey dijon mustard. Delicious. But there's just one thing I need to settle at the moment.

How would the Knell work if I made a carbine inspired by it? 

The main reason I ask is because I notice that the Knell's silhouette reminds me of the DL-44 pistol from Star Wars, which was built from a Mauser...

Knell-EN.png?fit=259,180&ssl=1

blaster1-660x371.jpg

...And a Mauser carbine exists. Also there was a carbine version of the DL-44 in the movie Solo but I wasn't able to see it clearly. The carbine, that is. Not the movie. That part was alright.

10dc0bba86b6a6dd5fed6515c13c4cd11c86919b

Course, it's here that I run into a problem: I don't know how this would work.

It's a really big problem, too, seeing as almost everything in this thread has been derived from stuff that I thought would be fun. I thought a Tenno LeMat would be cool so I made the Depezador, I liked the idea of staggering enemies with status and taking advantage of it with crit so I made the Avakan, (also, I like AN-94s.) I liked the Overkill from GoW4 so I made the Balaenis, (also I was in a very Harpak sort of mood at the time) I enjoyed the Alternator and Flatline from Titanfall 2 so I made the Bruin, and I really wanted a crit-based soma inspired autoshotgun, so... Somesha.

But if I don't know what'll make a cool drawing fun, a big part of the spirit of this is... gone. So, I'm asking the viewers - that includes @Almighty_Jado and  @Unus: What would a Knell carbine feel like?

Taking time out of my own designs to mull it over, only one thing comes to mind.

What if it's stronger, but also has the reversed benefits of the Knell itself? Rapid fire auto, but, body blows rack up a Critical Chance gauge that slows the cyclic-rate-of-fire until your basically firing a "Crit-lok"?

Could call it the Toll or the Lych to keep with the original's theme.

• Like 1

Alternatively, making it gain status chance+fire rate on headshots could be an option to try and compliment the Knell.

It’s kind of tricky though, since the Knell’s theme is supposed to be in line with Harrow (with some Scourge synergy), meaning it’s all about critical headshots. In the end I think it would be better to be a crit based weapon, but I’m not exactly sure what kind of special effect you could give it besides the Knell’s already existent one if you’re trying to go in line with it.

*shrugs* 😕

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Unus said:

What if it's stronger, but also has the reversed benefits of the Knell itself? Rapid fire auto, but, body blows rack up a Critical Chance gauge that slows the cyclic-rate-of-fire until your basically firing a "Crit-lok"?

...Hmmm. Maybe if I remove the rate of fire gimmick and make it more like a stacking version of the Headseeker perk from Destiny 1? While slowing the rate of fire sounds interesting, I just... 

I have a bad feeling about it. Everything I imagine has to feel fluid. 

Edited by (XB1)Fluffywolf36

8 minutes ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

...Hmmm. Maybe if I remove the rate of fire gimmick and make it more like a stacking version of the Headseeker perk from Destiny 1?

Eh, how's that work suh?

Also, hm, I suppose that could be possible. Not a complete reversal, but, a partial one.

Theres even the possibility of constructing the carbine variant in a way that it synergizes well with yet another of his abilities, though which is hard to say without making it extremely niche or exclusive.

10 minutes ago, Unus said:

Eh, how's that work suh?

Well, how headseeker works is that if you have a burstfire rifle, and the first few shots (2-3) hit the body, and the last one hits the head, there's an increased headshot bonus. They had a battle rifle or two that used a similar gimmick, like the unspeakably, impossibly, holy-mother-of-God-what rare Fate Of All Fools (literally, only one was ever acquired out of however many people bought Destiny 1) and the Jade Rabbit, which basically recycled The Fate Of All Fools' perk.

How these rifles worked was that they had a stacking headshot bonus for every body shot you took. I'm thinking in this case it might be... multiplicative? Because "a viable semiauto marksman rifle that is not the Quartakk" has been a pet project ever since I made the Oliphaunt. Which means before the Quartakk was released, but that's not important right now.

...I know the Quartakk isn't technically semiauto, but it's much more fun if you act like it is.

10 minutes ago, Unus said:

Theres even the possibility of constructing the carbine variant in a way that it synergizes well with yet another of his abilities, though which is hard to say without making it extremely niche or exclusive.

It's a crit/headshot focused frame with a crit/headshot pistol. I can work with that.

3 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Well, how headseeker works is that if you have a burstfire rifle, and the first few shots (2-3) hit the body, and the last one hits the head, there's an increased headshot bonus. They had a battle rifle or two that used a similar gimmick, like the unspeakably, impossibly, holy-mother-of-God-what rare Fate Of All Fools (literally, only one was ever acquired out of however many people bought Destiny 1) and the Jade Rabbit, which basically recycled The Fate Of All Fools' perk.

How these rifles worked was that they had a stacking headshot bonus for every body shot you took. I'm thinking in this case it might be... multiplicative? Because "a viable semiauto marksman rifle that is not the Quartakk" has been a pet project ever since I made the Oliphaunt. Which means before the Quartakk was released, but that's not important right now.

...I know the Quartakk isn't technically semiauto, but it's much more fun if you act like it is.

It's a crit/headshot focused frame with a crit/headshot pistol. I can work with that.

Ah, much thanks for the clarity suh, I was thinking about putting something like that up as my two cents, but, couldn't think of how to properly word it, thus, the "crit-charge" ability placement.

That certainly sounds like something that could pan out weaponwise.

Oh, and, quick question on my end suh, which do you feel has more of a fun factor to it, meaty gib explosion or body tossing at billion million miles a minute?

40 minutes ago, Unus said:

That certainly sounds like something that could pan out weaponwise.

I have some fun ideas for what I could do with it.

40 minutes ago, Unus said:

Oh, and, quick question on my end suh, which do you feel has more of a fun factor to it, meaty gib explosion or body tossing at billion million miles a minute?

Gibs! No question.

On 2018-08-29 at 8:41 PM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

I have some fun ideas for what I could do with it.

Gibs! No question.

Roger suh! Misused rescue tools at their finest then.

24 minutes ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Progress updort: The design for the Vaculyst is finished! Next thing to do is finish coloring it.

Roger dodger suh! Been a little stuck with projects and actual possible job registration, so, have had a frustrateing time getting back here to finish me own chemsplosive gun.

Hey fluffy, I was thinking about it and realized that Sentient weapons have separate nomenclature compared to actual Sentients. Do you think you would consider renaming the Vaculyst to something else, like the Vacucor, or something?

Examples: War, Phantasma, Ocucor, Battacor.

The -lyst suffix seems to be reserved for Sentients with sentience, if you will. Just a minor thing to think about I suppose.

Edited by Almighty_Jado

8 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Hey fluffy, I was thinking about it and realized that Sentient weapons have separate nomenclature compared to actual Sentients. Do you think you would consider renaming the Vaculyst to something else, like the Vacucor, or something?

It seems doable, but I have had trouble with the naming before. "-Lyst" was the most.... Sentient-ish... naming scheme I could think of. I considered going for those, but I really had a hard time pinning down a Sentient naming scheme. It can be argued that War is the only really Sentient weapon there, because the Phantasma is presumably a Tenno gun, and the Ocucor and Battacor are high-end Corpus attempts to reverse-engineer Sentient tech. They even use the "-cor" suffix you find on the Opticor, Sonicor, Staticor...

Anyway, cause the naming scheme was so opaque compared to other factions (Example being I try and make Tenno weapon names sound more "elegant" like with the Avakan) I just defaulted back to "-lyst." 

...This suddenly makes the "EXECUTION" axe seem very thematic.

Sentient 'Vaculyst' Rocket Launcher

sentient__vaculyst__rocket_launcher_by_h

LORE
"Rocket launcher that causes implosions instead of explosions."

In the Old War, on some of the primitive planets and moons (such as Mars) that the Orokin kept as reservations, several populations saw the Sentients as Gods more powerful than their Golden Lords. They attempted to prostrate themselves before these strange, seemingly alien machines, swearing their loyalty and begging for protection from the depredations of Orokin who saw them as near-feral.

To their surprise - and that of various Sentients! - one such Sentient ravaging one such planet agreed, and created for its fledgling cult weapons of its own Bone, such as the Vaculyst. 

Troops armed with these weapons proved to eviscerate the security forces of what would one day become the Corpus, and proved to be a major source of traitorous human troops for the Sentients. Said troops, known only as Betrayers, were killed by Tenno and captured by the Orokin. At which point the Orokin Executors themselves subjected these traitors to an execution method so insanely brutal that it had no name. What happened to the Betrayer Troops who avoided Orokin retribution is unknown, and opinions differ on whether the Sentients rewarded or punished them for their faith.

Weapons such as the Vaculyst are seemingly long gone. But a clever treasure hunter or adventurer, or more likely a Warframe, has an easy chance of finding the remains of a Vaculyst in places that the Orokin forgot, or the ravaged battlefields of the Old War. Perhaps one day, one could be brought back to full function.

Rumor has it that the Grineer 'Arid' troops are very interested in recovering some on Mars...

STATS
MR: 14
Slot: Primary
Type: Launcher
Trigger Type: Semi
Ammo Type: Sniper
Flight Speed: 50 m/s
Noise Level: Alarming
Fire Rate: 120 RPM
Accuracy: 30.5
Magazine: 3
Max Ammo: 30
Reload: 1.8 seconds
Base Damage: 120 Magnetic bMagnetic, 100 Blast bBlast
 Total Damage: 220
Crit Chance: 26%
Crit Multiplier: 3.2x
Status Chance: 18%
Polarities: Koneksi Pol,Vazarin Pol

(Stats courtesy of @Almighty_Jado. Thanks, Jado!)

The Vaculyst is a 3-round Sentient rocket launcher firing projectiles which disrupt gravity on impact... or when remotely detonated. These gravitational anomalies suck enemies in within a radius as opposed to knocking them down, do magnetic damage, because that's how gravitational anomalies work gameplay-wise in Warframe and @Almighty_Jado and I decided it was the safest bet here.

Once the gravitational anomaly is finished, uh, imploding, it finally explodes, dealing blast damage. The magnetic is the main focus here, though.

Much like the Kulstar, its projectiles can be remotely detonated in midair.

DESIGN PHILOSOPHY

This was created because I wanted to make a Sentient weapon - and a rocket launcher that imploded rather than exploded seemed suitably alien for them. In terms of hand positions, this recycles the same positions as the Angstrum. The height of its rear section means that ideally, it should have the same ergonomics as a traditional shoulder-fired rocket launcher.

In terms of shape, it's... almost entirely ripped off from the Crog Tridents from Oban Star Racers. The arcing narrow shapes, the rounded, almost organic look, the spikes... I had to. I just had to.

I also toyed with the idea of giving one the Angstrum's trigger, but in my experience it's really not all that useful. And I'm probably one of the only fairly regular Angstrum users you'll find. PRISMA ANGSTRUM, SON

Ooh! AHH! Looks absolutely beautiful!

As for the naming convention, I’ll try thinking of something neat- although I must say I disagree that the Phantasma is a Tenno weapon. It doesn’t have any Tenno weapon features, and instead retains a lot of the geometric language found in Sentients, Sentient armour, and sentient weapons. Very observant of the Battacor/Opticor naming similarities though! That totally slipped my mind.

Anyways, looks good! Looks great actually! I’ll try to mull over some names that incorporate that “Vacuum” part into it and still sound Sentient.

EDIT: and of course, I’ll also get around eventually to designing that actual Vaculyst Sentient. Should be neat!

EDIT 2: Sorry, is this a primary or secondary weapon? I’m only confused because you refer to it often as a Launcher (Primary) but it uses the Angstrum/common pistol grip animations.

Edited by Almighty_Jado

3 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Ooh! AHH! Looks absolutely beautiful!

Thank you so much! 

4 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

As for the naming convention, I’ll try thinking of something neat- although I must say I disagree that the Phantasma is a Tenno weapon. It doesn’t have any Tenno weapon features, and instead retains a lot of the geometric language found in Sentients, Sentient armour, and sentient weapons.

All good points - I was thinking more in terms of it being seemingly shaped to fit in a Frame's hands. I... gotta agree with you on this one.

5 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Very observant of the Battacor/Opticor naming similarities though! That totally slipped my mind.

Weirdly enough, the naming similarities weren't what tipped me off to those being Corpus - it was the fact that I actually know what both of those look like ^~^

BSnCFDK.png

It's pretty obviously a Corpus attempt to reverse engineer Sentient weapons. The pistol actually uses a Shwaak prism.

...Now I want to make a Corpus/Sentient grenade launcher that uses the Granmu Prism. That would be friggin dope! 

11 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Anyways, looks good! Looks great actually! I’ll try to mull over some names that incorporate that “Vacuum” part into it and still sound Sentient.

And thanks again! I'll be intrigued to hear your ideas here. If you run into a stumbling block like I did, maybe we can use the word "Vortex" instead.

Hmmm... Vortalyst...

That could work.

1 minute ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

^BSnCFDK.png

Oh! Where’d you find this? I don’t think they showed this at Tennocon, did that? (It would be embarrassing if they did, especially since I actually went to the art panel)

Good to see though! Quite interesting to see that bizarre union of Sentient and a Corpus technology.

It’ll be nice once Fortuna comes out so people like you, me ‘n Unus can start developing Kitgun parts.

8 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Oh! Where’d you find this? I don’t think they showed this at Tennocon, did that? (It would be embarrassing if they did, especially since I actually went to the art panel)

...Reddit, apparently! They appear in this Tennocon reveals video 2 minutes and 8 seconds in.

8 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Good to see though! Quite interesting to see that bizarre union of Sentient and a Corpus technology.

Which is why I have to make one soon! Shame it may interfere with my Corpus rocket carbine idea...

54 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

It’ll be nice once Fortuna comes out so people like you, me ‘n Unus can start developing Kitgun parts.

...Yeah, that sounds pretty dope.

27 minutes ago, Unus said:

I'm positively salivating at the thought, hehe. We could all pick a part section from the three and start stuffing Digital's proverbial stocking with potential new bits.

It will be FRIGGIN D O P E. Thoughts on the Vaculyst, by any chance? Figured you'd like the lore.

Also:

1 hour ago, Almighty_Jado said:

EDIT 2: Sorry, is this a primary or secondary weapon? I’m only confused because you refer to it often as a Launcher (Primary) but it uses the Angstrum/common pistol grip animations.

Oh, it's a primary. Using pistol animations seemed like the most logical way for it to look like it could be shoulder fired, instead of a weird rifle.

1 hour ago, Almighty_Jado said:

EDIT: and of course, I’ll also get around eventually to designing that actual Vaculyst Sentient. Should be neat!

Ballin! Thanks, Jado!

A Possible Redesign

I liked the Lupus, I really did, but something just... put me off about the stock. It seemed too bulky and unergonomic. It just didn't quite feel Tenno, and it didn't feel like a good grip for an automatic weapon.

...This may require redoing the Oliphaunt too, but it might be nice to create a new bolt-action design and a new gun with a Jezail-style stock. Decisions, decisions.

I've considered redoing the Lupus for awhile now, and to this end I've created 3 options for your voting pleasure:

Option 1: HUOTS THIS

Nix the pistol grip, go for a configuration like this Huot rifle below. Admittedly, "Huot" is pronounced more like "Hugh-ett" and less like "HWUAT" but I can't stop myself.

This concept could work because because Warframe is capable of making guns that don't have the usual pistol grip, like the Sybaris and Sybaris Prime, and also that upcoming Corpus revolver.

Then again, does that hole make this look too awkward? Decisions, decisions.

huot11.jpg

Option 2:

The idea was to make it look more like something a human would believably hold, make you imagine that this is a bolt-action rifle covered in automatic weapon parts, make it more ergonomic, and make its silhouette look closer to the Huot Automatic Rifle and Johnson rifle...

While also giving it a pistol grip to make it look more Warframe. The hole in the stock is still preserved.filename_by_haruaxeman-dcm0gq5.jpg

Option 3:

Change nothing from the original Lupus, as shown below.

tenno__lupus__lmg_and__oliphaunt__huntin

27 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Personally, the finished design that you’ve already made is definitely more organic and Tenno-Esque in its form. The fused grips look better imho

In a way, it does also support the idea that this is the Tenno equivalent of the Huot.

EDIT: BUT WHAT IF THAT WAS LUPUS PRIME?

Okay, I have an idea. That's the regular Lupus in Option 3, but the Lupus from Option 2 is a more purpose-built "Prime" version made by the Orokin after Dax and Tenno troops responded positively to its double-tapping goodness. The Lupus Prime thus is a more refined version, with most of the hiccups caused by being built from a bolt-action gun ironed out. Also, it has dual recoiling barrels.

On 2018-09-02 at 6:04 PM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Sentient 'Vaculyst' Rocket Launcher

sentient__vaculyst__rocket_launcher_by_h

LORE
"Rocket launcher that causes implosions instead of explosions."

In the Old War, on some of the primitive planets and moons (such as Mars) that the Orokin kept as reservations, several populations saw the Sentients as Gods more powerful than their Golden Lords. They attempted to prostrate themselves before these strange, seemingly alien machines, swearing their loyalty and begging for protection from the depredations of Orokin who saw them as near-feral.

To their surprise - and that of various Sentients! - one such Sentient ravaging one such planet agreed, and created for its fledgling cult weapons of its own Bone, such as the Vaculyst. 

Troops armed with these weapons proved to eviscerate the security forces of what would one day become the Corpus, and proved to be a major source of traitorous human troops for the Sentients. Said troops, known only as Betrayers, were killed by Tenno and captured by the Orokin. At which point the Orokin Executors themselves subjected these traitors to an execution method so insanely brutal that it had no name. What happened to the Betrayer Troops who avoided Orokin retribution is unknown, and opinions differ on whether the Sentients rewarded or punished them for their faith.

Weapons such as the Vaculyst are seemingly long gone. But a clever treasure hunter or adventurer, or more likely a Warframe, has an easy chance of finding the remains of a Vaculyst in places that the Orokin forgot, or the ravaged battlefields of the Old War. Perhaps one day, one could be brought back to full function.

Rumor has it that the Grineer 'Arid' troops are very interested in recovering some on Mars...

GAMEPLAY
Crit-focused
Primarily magnetic damage
(The vortex does NOT suck you in, too. That would be terrible.)
Mag size - 3

The Vaculyst is a 3-round Sentient rocket launcher firing projectiles which disrupt gravity on impact... or when remotely detonated. These gravitational anomalies do magnetic damage, because that's how gravitational anomalies work gameplay-wise in Warframe and @Almighty_Jado and I decided it was the safest bet here.

Once the gravitational anomaly is finished, uh, imploding, it finally explodes, dealing blast damage. The magnetic is the main focus here, though.

Much like the Kulstar, its projectiles can be remotely detonated in midair.

DESIGN PHILOSOPHY

This was created because I wanted to make a Sentient weapon - and a rocket launcher that imploded rather than exploded seemed suitably alien for them. In terms of hand positions, this recycles the same positions as the Angstrum. The height of its rear section means that ideally, it should have the same ergonomics as a traditional shoulder-fired rocket launcher.

In terms of shape, it's... almost entirely ripped off from the Crog Tridents from Oban Star Racers. The arcing narrow shapes, the rounded, almost organic look, the spikes... I had to. I just had to.

I also toyed with the idea of giving one the Angstrum's trigger, but in my experience it's really not all that useful. And I'm probably one of the only fairly regular Angstrum users you'll find. PRISMA ANGSTRUM, SON

Art quality as always suh! Bulges in all the right places.

AH, thats a good point you raise in the story! Perhaps the other reason why they were so quick to steam-roll the Sol-Origin system was because not every station, planetoid, and hunk of rock actually put up a fight?

Edited by Unus

7 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

A Possible Redesign

I liked the Lupus, I really did, but something just... put me off about the stock. It seemed too bulky and unergonomic. It just didn't quite feel Tenno, and it didn't feel like a good grip for an automatic weapon.

...This may require redoing the Oliphaunt too, but it might be nice to create a new bolt-action design and a new gun with a Jezail-style stock. Decisions, decisions.

I've considered redoing the Lupus for awhile now, and to this end I've created 3 options for your voting pleasure:

Option 1: HUOTS THIS

Nix the pistol grip, go for a configuration like this Huot rifle below. Admittedly, "Huot" is pronounced more like "Hugh-ett" and less like "HWUAT" but I can't stop myself.

This concept could work because because Warframe is capable of making guns that don't have the usual pistol grip, like the Sybaris and Sybaris Prime, and also that upcoming Corpus revolver.

Then again, does that hole make this look too awkward? Decisions, decisions.

huot11.jpg

Option 2:

The idea was to make it look more like something a human would believably hold, make you imagine that this is a bolt-action rifle covered in automatic weapon parts, make it more ergonomic, and make its silhouette look closer to the Huot Automatic Rifle and Johnson rifle...

While also giving it a pistol grip to make it look more Warframe. The hole in the stock is still preserved.filename_by_haruaxeman-dcm0gq5.jpg

Option 3:

Change nothing from the original Lupus, as shown below.

tenno__lupus__lmg_and__oliphaunt__huntin

(Dem it, diddn't do both at once.)

Option two seems to be calling out to me, while the Oliphaunt can remain Jezzailin it up as it is, helps distinguish the two even more.