Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fluffy's warframe concepts - weapons and enemies! (Newest concept - 𝑻𝒆𝒏𝒏𝒐 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑺𝒉𝒐𝒕𝒈𝒖𝒏!!)

(XBOX)Fluffywolf36

Cursed Moon 'Dhoul' Pistol

_dhoul__pistol_by_fluffywolf36_deg1lqj-4

“A relic of the Cursed Moon, this strange pistol uses a laser to saturate enemies with exotic radiation that attracts unknown particles to them, saturating the surrounding area of the target and causing small localized explosions. Three times.”
--codex

Lore:

Haruka Lorne: “I don’t know how he got it - but he says it’s from the Cursed Moon.”
Ginebra: “Well then. Ask him. Maybe we can accompany him on a little safari. Bring Thane and Yassin, too.”
Haruka Lorne: “We?” 
Ginebra: “Well, if the Cursed Moon is as bad as it sounds… two things. One, we’ll be wanting backup. Two-”
Haruka Lorne: “It’s the loot, isn’t it.”
Ginebra: “I was going to say something about giving loot to our friends, but yes.”
Tenno Haruka Lorne and Tenno Ginebra, discussing a fellow Tenno’s acquisition of a Dhoul. 

The Origin System being what it is, there’s a common trope in mostly Origin System sci-fi, particularly Corpus works - The idea of having Dug Too Deep. It was even the basis of the Corpus film Deep Six*, in which a Corpus salvage team attempts to excavate an Orokin derelict beneath the Europan ice and is massacred by a Warframe.

Myths about Mimas, the Cursed Moon, all skew towards this trope. The moon has an abandoned Grineer mining outpost clinging to the surface, which broadcast news of incredible technology found in the abandoned city hugging Mimas’ equator...

Only for the reinforcements they sent to find half the population of the moon dead, with their corpses partially saponified, oozing and dripping through their armor. The reinforcements then succumbed to an unknown disease. 

The Grineer occupiers eventually got the message after enough of their occupying forces began dying in increasingly terrible and contrived ways. As much as they can “get the message” - they maintain an outpost watching over the Cursed Moon, attempting to capture and reverse-engineer its relics.

It’s unknown what, exactly, Mimas holds, but the relics recovered from it bear only a cursory resemblance to Orokin tech, with strange curves that unsettle the eye. Explorers (some of whom even survived) claim that the dimensions inside of Mimas “make no sense.”

The Dhoul is one such relic. 

It uses a laser to saturate targets with an unknown form of radiation, while acting similarly to a “Darkstar” particle beam gun. Like a Darkstar weapon, it fires a high intensity, particle-beam-type material that implodes on contact, drawing in so much light on the way that it becomes a black beam instead of a light stream. However, there are certain…. Peculiarities. Instead of a short, high-intensity shot, it fires a burst of a longer, more saturating oscillating beam. And instead of an implosion, it causes three explosions.

The beam ticks four times, but one tick will randomly do 150% more damage. Then, after half a second, the point of impact will explode… three times.

Opinions are divided on whether it counts as a sniper pistol, a burstfire pistol, or a launcher. Opinions are further divided on just what use the people of the Cursed Moon intended for this weapon. The explosion can make it surprisingly useful for setting up traps, and it has incredible utility when it comes to dealing status and crowd control.

Unlike other launcher pistols of the Origin System, it doesn’t have high crit (like the Sepulcrum) or the ability to go over 100% status. But that… doesn’t matter very much with how much status it can deal.

It reloads much like a break-action shotgun. It's also worth mentioning that as it fires, light pulses out from the vents along its sides, but I didn't know how to draw and/or animate that.

*Nef Anyo led a boycott of Deep Six for its alleged anti-Temple sentiments and  claimed it was libel against his Venusian operations.

Stats

Trigger: Burst(?)
Burst Count: 3
Fire Rate: 6.5
Magazine: 15
Max Ammo: 120
    Total Damage: 180
Beam Attacks (fires immediately)
Ammo Consumption:  2
Ticks: 4
Damage per tick: 30
    14 Radiation
  9 Slash
  7 Puncture
Critical Chance: 20%
Critical Multiplier: 2.0x
Status Chance: 20%

Charged Attacks (fires at the end of a  beam attack)

Ammo Consumption: 1
Damage: 60
28 Radiation
18 Slash
14 Puncture

Explosions

Damage: 288
144 Radiation
84 Slash
60 Impact
Explosions: 3 (96 per explosion) 
Critical chance: 20%
Critical multiplier: 2.0x
Blast Radius: 3m

Artist Notes:
As with three of the last 6 guns I posted, this one can be blamed on Warhammer 40k. I was reading up on some of the more bizarre planets of the Calixis Sector. Quite… a few of them seem to be cursed. Like, actually, literally cursed. Dark Heresy is also how I learned that Warhammer 40k has an entire class of worlds that are just forbidden.

...Then again, I don’t know why I was surprised. It is 40k.

The Cursed Moon is my experiment in adding a Forbidden World here. Since I don’t know how to deliver lore here, and I don’t know how I feel about making another open world… I figure I might as well just tell you. Here and now.

The basic idea behind the Cursed Moon is that its denizens formed a civilization of some kind in the wake of the Orokin. And for some reason, they had access to the Orokin ultratech of years past. Maybe they somehow managed to jailbreak past the genetic coding that kept higher-end Orokin technology working, or maybe there was a flaw in the genetic lock that they were able to exploit. I don’t know.

For whatever reason, they were able to briefly attain the highest standard of living available in the Origin System, bootstrapping their way to mastery of Orokin Void technology. They had abundant power, resources, and food.

And then a series of catastrophes befell the moon, including but not limited to the moon telefragging itself. This may come up soon. Or maybe it won’t. I dunno. This is all very spur of the moment.

The design of this weapon was inspired by H.R Giger, and the Necromonger gun from Chronicles of Rid$&*^. 

Edited by (XBOX)Fluffywolf36
  • Like 4

On 2021-03-08 at 6:47 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Grineer ‘Kamvor’ Micromissile pistol

“The simple semi auto/burst hybrid pistol is a common military sidearm, but the Grineer took it to the point of absurdity with this compact micromissile pistol. Fire a three-round explosive burst, or tag enemies with semiauto rounds that cause the missiles to track to anything caught in the blast radius.”
Codex

Special Traits:
Siphon Blast: Getting kills with primary fire increases the blast radius of secondary fire.

Homing Rounds: Primary fire tracks towards enemies caught in the blast radius of secondary fire.

grineer__kamvor__micromissile_pistol_by_

Lore

“Hey, Tenno - Darvo’s set up a new deal for us both. We stole these from a Tavar Production Zone shipment. Not sure if these are small rocket launchers or large pistols…”
Cressa Tal

A “pistol” reverse-engineered from relics found on “resurfaced” Orokin strongholds such as Lua and Deimos. Vay Hek and Tyl Regor (in a rare moment of cooperation) hope that micromissile weapons such as the Kamvor might soon become standard arms - if not for the rank and file, at least for elite troops such as Kuva, Tusk, or mutant “Tenno-hunter” strains derived from the Grustrag Three and various Rathuum executioners. To some elements of Grineer command, this seems like an untenable position. Several magazines’ worth of bullets could be produced for the resources it takes to fill just one of the Kamvor’s mags.

But to Hek, Regor, and their acolytes, the results speak for themselves. The Kamvor, similar to its ancestor the Sepulcrum, fires in semiautomatic and burst, and has a homing function. But unlike the Sepulcrum, the Kamvor does not rely on Siphon technology for its homing mechanism. Burstfire shoots three rockets, while semiauto fires one round that tags enemies in an exotic energy field… and causes subsequent rounds fired in burst to track towards enemies caught in the blast radius.

Siphon technology is still a factor, however. While it can be fired in semiauto regardless of the number of kills, getting kills recharges the bootleg, half-understood Siphon mechanisms contained in the pistol - which then increases the blast radius. Which means more enemies the weapon can hit.

This rather esoteric, quasi-magical quirk of the weapon is slated to be ironed out by the Grineer for the sake of better mass production.

Artist notes

It’s genuinely hard to come up with Grineer pistol ideas. Normally the more esoteric stuff goes to the Tenno, especially if it's a revolver. If it's an energy weapon, it goes to the Corpus. Trying to make something that just functions on sheer brute force like I see in the Grineer just isn't as interesting. I did the last one cause I wanted to experiment with something normal, but someone said on Jado’s discord that the best Grineer sidearm would be a Bolter. And I can’t argue with that logic!

Since the Sepulcrum is the closest thing we have to a Bolter in this game, it made sense for the Grineer to take a lot of cues from it. On that note, pretend the fact that I reuse Sepulcrum parts is a joke on how Games workshop uses a lot of the same bits, and not just the artist being totally lazy! PRETEND HARDER!!!

But no seriously though, the Sepulcrum is actually really hard to draw and I sure as hell wasn’t doing it twice. Yes, the Sepulcrum parts you saw on the last gun were also used on the Cenotaph. Neat, huh? 

The Kamvor here (it’s derived from the German word Kampfer, which is supposed to be a reference to the Kampfpistole… just go with it) is sort of a mix of a bolt pistol, the Gremlins, a Broomhandle Mauser, and an actual Captive Bolt Pistol. Specifically one of these. Funnily enough, the one on the bottom actually genuinely does remind me of a bolter. Almost makes you wonder if GW used it as a reference.

The next things I do… will either be more pony art, some kind of bizarre alien city that gives me a MASSIVE HEADACHE TO COLOR…. Or t a revolver or something. There’s always more revolver to post. :P 

Probably also post pony on my deviantart in the intervening time though. Or is that intravening time... not sure...

STATS

Hide contents

Stats: 

Shared:

Non-hitscan
Ammo Type: Pistol
Noise Level: Alarming
Fire Rate 2.0 round per sec
Magazine Size: 27
Reload Time: 2.5s

Burst

Total Damage: 69 (nice) 
Impact: 36
Slash 24
Puncture 9 
Burst Count: 3 (207 total damage)
Critical Chance: 15%
Critical Multiplier: 2.1x
Status Chance: 36%

Burst on impact

Impact: 12
Slash: 8
Puncture 3

Burst explosion

Impact: 24
Slash 16
Puncture 6

Semi

Total Damage: 81 
Critical Chance: 18%
Critical Multiplier: 2.4x
Status Chance: 39%

impact

Total Damage: 54
Impact: 27
Slash: 12
Radiation: 15

Explosion

Total Damage: 27 
Slash 9
Radiation: 18
Blast Radius: 2m (empty siphon)
3m (Siphon 33% full)
4m (siphon 66% full)
5m (Full siphon) 

(So Goddem tired. . . ugh, time to shake a bit of that chill out of me bones.)

AH, a miniaturization of the buzlok’s technology into a more compact and brutal package, at least, in my eyes.

Hehe. . . Tenno-Hunter strains. . . are you cooking up your own collection of creeps? Can’t help but think of me own when that idea popped up in your texts.

Heh, that’s largely why I came up with the E.S.W.S.G. when it came to unconventional Grineer machinery! Their collection of manical technicians and jackbooted bio machines lend themselves as the perfect means by which I can “get funky” with Grineer products ,just as the multiple manufacturers among the Corpus do the same.

Why not a bizarre alien city of creatures vaguely resembleing ponies armed with revolvers?

Statistically Speaking:

Magazine certainly follows within parameters.

Reload Speed certainly fits within magazine and damage parameters.

Burst= 

Interesting! In the damage department, this gun reigns supreme as the burstigun at the top of the pile. A new upper limit.

Critical Chance is functional.

Critical Multiplier seems fair.

Hmmm, aiming to dethrone the Akjagara Prime? At least, that’s what I’m seeing in the Critical-to-Status Ratio. I personally feel that it miggghhttt need a wee bit of a lowering in that area, but, that’s just my eyes gazing at in the Status sector.

Semiautomatic=
   Ahhhh, so the damage is distributed between the initial impact and the detonation! Don’t seem to see that often in Warframe, at least, in my time gallivanting across the Sol-Origin system. The damage itself places it in a little-seen category that sits between the meatier semi autos and the more basic “starters”, it’s closest cousin damage-wise being the Zakti, one of the very few “hit-then-booms” available.

That’s my input, at long last sir!  My sincerest apologies that it wasn’t your original weapon I was trying to critique, but, I lost the doc I was writing it in completely due to a groggy mistake, and my enthusiasm for it just deflated completely. This time, nothing got in the way, the bonus points being it gave my brain juices some proper mixing that helped me get closer to finishing the B-MK3.

Edited by Unus
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Cursed Moon 'Dhoul' Pistol

_dhoul__pistol_by_fluffywolf36_deg1lqj-f

“A relic of the Cursed Moon, this strange pistol uses a laser to bombard enemies with an unknown form of radiation that saturates the surrounding area of the target and causes small localized explosions. Three times.”
--codex

Lore:

Haruka Lorne: “I don’t know how he got it - but he says it’s from the Cursed Moon.”
Ginebra: “Well then. Ask him. Maybe we can accompany him on a little safari. Bring Thane and Yassin, too.”
Haruka Lorne: “We?” 
Ginebra: “Well, if the Cursed Moon is as bad as it sounds… two things. One, we’ll be wanting backup. Two-”
Haruka Lorne: “It’s the loot, isn’t it.”
Ginebra: “I was going to say something about giving loot to our friends, but yes.”
Tenno Haruka Lorne and Tenno Ginebra, discussing a fellow Tenno’s acquisition of a Dhoul. 

The Origin System being what it is, there’s a common trope in mostly Origin System sci-fi, particularly Corpus works - The idea of having Dug Too Deep. It was even the basis of the Corpus film Deep Six*, in which a Corpus salvage team attempts to excavate an Orokin derelict beneath the Europan ice and is massacred by a Warframe.

Myths about Mimas, the Cursed Moon, all skew towards this trope. The moon has an abandoned Grineer mining outpost clinging to the surface, which broadcast news of incredible technology found in the abandoned city hugging Mimas’ equator...

Only for the reinforcements they sent to find half the population of the moon dead, with their corpses partially saponified, oozing and dripping through their armor. The reinforcements then succumbed to an unknown disease. 

The Grineer occupiers eventually got the message after enough of their occupying forces began dying in increasingly terrible and contrived ways. As much as they can “get the message” - they maintain an outpost watching over the Cursed Moon, attempting to capture and reverse-engineer its relics.

It’s unknown what, exactly, Mimas holds, but the relics recovered from it bear only a cursory resemblance to Orokin tech, with strange curves that unsettle the eye. Explorers (some of whom even survived) claim that the dimensions inside of Mimas “make no sense.”

The Dhoul is one such relic. 

It uses a laser to saturate targets with an unknown form of radiation, while acting similarly to a “Darkstar” particle beam gun. Like a Darkstar weapon, it fires a high intensity, particle-beam-type material that implodes on contact, drawing in so much light on the way that it becomes a black beam instead of a light stream. However, there are certain…. Peculiarities. Instead of a short, high-intensity shot, it fires a burst of a longer, more saturating oscillating beam. And instead of an implosion, it causes three explosions.

The beam ticks four times, but one tick will randomly do 150% more damage. Then, after half a second, the point of impact will explode… three times.

Opinions are divided on whether it counts as a sniper pistol, a burstfire pistol, or a launcher. Opinions are further divided on just what use the people of the Cursed Moon intended for this weapon. The explosion can make it surprisingly useful for setting up traps, and it has incredible utility when it comes to dealing status and crowd control.

Unlike other launcher pistols of the Origin System, it doesn’t have high crit (like the Sepulcrum) or the ability to go over 100% status. But that… doesn’t matter very much with how much status it can deal.

It reloads much like a break-action shotgun. It's also worth mentioning that as it fires, light pulses out from the vents along its sides, but I didn't know how to draw and/or animate that.

*Nef Anyo led a boycott of Deep Six for its alleged anti-Temple sentiments and  claimed it was libel against his Venusian operations.

Stats

Trigger: Burst(?)
Burst Count: 3
Fire Rate: 6.5
Magazine: 15
Max Ammo: 120
    Total Damage: 180
Beam Attacks (fires immediately)
Ammo Consumption:  2
Ticks: 4
Damage per tick: 30
    14 Radiation
  9 Slash
  7 Puncture

Charged Attacks (fires at the end of a  beam attack)

Ammo Consumption: 1
Damage: 60
28 Radiation
18 Slash
14 Puncture

Explosions

Damage: 288
144 Radiation
84 Slash
60 Impact
Explosions: 3 (96 per explosion) 
Critical chance: 20%
Critical multiplier: 2.0x

Artist Notes:
As with three of the last 6 guns I posted, this one can be blamed on Warhammer 40k. I was reading up on some of the more bizarre planets of the Calixis Sector. Quite… a few of them seem to be cursed. Like, actually, literally cursed. Dark Heresy is also how I learned that Warhammer 40k has an entire class of worlds that are just forbidden.

...Then again, I don’t know why I was surprised. It is 40k.

The Cursed Moon is my experiment in adding a Forbidden World here. Since I don’t know how to deliver lore here, and I don’t know how I feel about making another open world… I figure I might as well just tell you. Here and now.

The basic idea behind the Cursed Moon is that its denizens formed a civilization of some kind in the wake of the Orokin. And for some reason, they had access to the Orokin ultratech of years past. Maybe they somehow managed to jailbreak past the genetic coding that kept higher-end Orokin technology working, or maybe there was a flaw in the genetic lock that they were able to exploit. I don’t know.

For whatever reason, they were able to briefly attain the highest standard of living available in the Origin System, bootstrapping their way to mastery of Orokin Void technology. They had abundant power, resources, and food.

And then a series of catastrophes befell the moon, including but not limited to the moon telefragging itself. This may come up soon. Or maybe it won’t. I dunno. This is all very spur of the moment.

The design of this weapon was inspired by H.R Giger, and the Necromonger gun from Chronicles of Rid$&*^. 

that design is cool as hell!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Unus said:

AH, a miniaturization of the buzlok’s technology into a more compact and brutal package, at least, in my eyes.

It's sort of a combination of a Buzlok and a Sepulcrum in some ways. :P Basically yes.

4 minutes ago, Unus said:

Hehe. . . Tenno-Hunter strains. . . are you cooking up your own collection of creeps? Can’t help but think of me own when that idea popped up in your texts.

Yes and no lol. I mean... I definitely want to give the Grineer something that can threaten the Tenno, but I'm not sure where I'm going with this one lol. 

2 hours ago, Unus said:

Heh, that’s largely why I came up with the E.S.W.S.G. when it came to unconventional Grineer machinery! Their collection of manical technicians and jackbooted bio machines lend themselves as the perfect means by which I can “get funky” with Grineer products and just as multiple manufacturers among the Corpus can do the same.

Oooh, I'll have to take a look at that. Although a thought occurs - would this look kind of like the clepa? :P 

3039_44_202-french-guycot-chain-pistol.j

2 hours ago, Unus said:

Why not a bizarre alien city of creatures vaguely resembleing ponies armed with revolvers?

Ehhhh... I feel I've done enough of that. It was a very depressing period of my life and I want to put it behind me. (It's a long story)

2 hours ago, Unus said:

Interesting! In the damage department, this gun reigns supreme as the burstigun at the top of the pile. A new upper limit.

does it?! 

Huh.. All seriousness though, that's why I gave this thing a (relatively) low fire rate - I was sort of hoping the Sicarus Prime could get more rounds off quicker. And the Sepulcrum fires two shots simultaneously, and I'm used to the rule for burstfire weaponry being "do more damage overall than the semiauto equivalent, but balanced by recoil."

2 hours ago, Unus said:

Hmmm, aiming to dethrone the Akjagara Prime? At least, that’s what I’m seeing in the Critical-to-Status Ratio. I personally feel that it miggghhttt need a wee bit of a lowering in that area, but, that’s just my eyes gazing at in the Status sector.

The idea was for it to be a status equivalent of the Sepulcrum :P  Originally, burstfire had >37% status and better crit than this, but.... well, I felt like it was a bit much, y'know? I was thinking about the Hiro from awhile back (it has 18 or 19 or 20 critical chance, >37% status, and a blast radius, but a tiny magazine size) and I figured there was only so easy I should make the build. So now, people have to choose "do I want more 100% status and heat, do I want crit and heat but less than 100% status, do I want crit and 100% status but no heat..."

2 hours ago, Unus said:

Ahhhh, so the damage is distributed between the initial impact and the detonation! Don’t seem to see that often in Warframe, at least, in my time gallivanting across the Sol-Origin system. The damage itself places it in a little-seen category that sits between the meatier semi autos and the more basic “starters”, it’s closest cousin damage-wise being the Zakti, one of the very few “hit-then-booms” available.

Wait, really? Huh. I never thought about any of that. Well, that's interesting!

2 hours ago, Unus said:

That’s my input, at long last sir!  My sincerest apologies that it wasn’t your original weapon I was trying to critique, but, I lost the doc I was writing it in completely due to a groggy mistake, and my enthusiasm for it just deflated completely. This time, nothing got in the way, the bonus points being it gave my brain juices some proper mixing that helped me get closer to finishing the B-MK3.

Wait, did I help somehow? That's great!

And don't even trip, dawg. You know I'm always happy to see you stopping by.

6 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

It's sort of a combination of a Buzlok and a Sepulcrum in some ways. :P Basically yes.

Yes and no lol. I mean... I definitely want to give the Grineer something that can threaten the Tenno, but I'm not sure where I'm going with this one lol. 

Oooh, I'll have to take a look at that. Although a thought occurs - would this look kind of like the clepa? :P 

3039_44_202-french-guycot-chain-pistol.j

Ehhhh... I feel I've done enough of that. It was a very depressing period of my life and I want to put it behind me. (It's a long story)

does it?! 

Huh.. All seriousness though, that's why I gave this thing a (relatively) low fire rate - I was sort of hoping the Sicarus Prime could get more rounds off quicker. And the Sepulcrum fires two shots simultaneously, and I'm used to the rule for burstfire weaponry being "do more damage overall than the semiauto equivalent, but balanced by recoil."

The idea was for it to be a status equivalent of the Sepulcrum :P  Originally, burstfire had >37% status and better crit than this, but.... well, I felt like it was a bit much, y'know? I was thinking about the Hiro from awhile back (it has 18 or 19 or 20 critical chance, >37% status, and a blast radius, but a tiny magazine size) and I figured there was only so easy I should make the build. So now, people have to choose "do I want more 100% status and heat, do I want crit and heat but less than 100% status, do I want crit and 100% status but no heat..."

Wait, really? Huh. I never thought about any of that. Well, that's interesting!

Wait, did I help somehow? That's great!

And don't even trip, dawg. You know I'm always happy to see you stopping by.

Then it certainly (uninsultingly) shows suh!

Hm. . . avoiding copying any of my own work, I wonder if transgenic clones might be an answer? Horrifying poorly treated terrors born of man, animal, and vegetation which are made in order to gain skills from each? I’d always wondered if the fleshiness of Drahk and Hyekka were from Grineer stabilizing their genomes with their own, this might be a decidedly nonsacred step further.

AH, my apologies, but, that’s not the Clepa there. Instead, that’s a really old fashioned version of my Desperaza pistol. Well, even more “old fashioned” then the “old fashioned” stylings of it, with it’s fiber optic sights, top magazine lid, and ergonomic grips. You know, primitive things, like from the 20th century.

Roger dodger sir! Didn’t mean to pick at an old scab there!

That does indeed make sense, based on the bursters we have.

Ah, I see! Choices to be made, as opposed to having an entire cake and slogging it down full. Helpful to the developers, in my personal opinion, choice variety, where you can flexibly go down specific trails of thought, but, not going down all branches at once and ending up with the situations we run into today.

Heh, I’m really just a sponge for random trivia who can make pretty-sounding sentences out of said trivia. Happy to hear it’s at least of some interest to others!

Anything that keeps my grey matter from turning to mush during these times of plague is most welcome, especially when it’s made by my hands AND others hands in a big ol variety bowl.

Heh, just gotta get better at doing it all. Tired, cold, blah blah blah, you’ve heard my circular reasons time and again why I’ve been intermittent in publishing and chattering alike.

Edited by Unus
(Forgot the Desperaza link, dem it.)

1 hour ago, Unus said:

Then it certainly (uninsultingly) shows suh!

Don't even trip, dawg. 

1 hour ago, Unus said:

Hm. . . avoiding copying any of my own work, I wonder if transgenic clones might be an answer? Horrifying poorly treated terrors born of man, animal, and vegetation which are made in order to gain skills from each? I’d always wondered if the fleshiness of Drahk and Hyekka were from Grineer stabilizing their genomes with their own, this might be a decidedly nonsacred step further.

...the Grineer trying to modify their genes to create armies of monsters and half-formed things? And Drahk and Hyekka may have been made from the genetic material of Grineer?! That's an interesting idea.

Which is funny, cause I've actually had the idea that a lot of "current" fauna of the Origin System is made from human genes. It would explain the hell outta this:

is5mco6xvce31.jpg

I swear to God that looks like someone screaming in agony.

1 hour ago, Unus said:

AH, my apologies, but, that’s not the Clepa there. Instead, that’s a really old fashioned version of my Desperaza pistol. Well, even more “old fashioned” then the “old fashioned” stylings of it, with it’s fiber optic sights, top magazine lid, and ergonomic grips. You know, primitive things, like from the 20th century.

Oh. It is?! Huh. I knew you had a primitive belt-fed pistol, guess I got the names mixed up. I think I know exactly what to do.

8ba4dcd1e632cd18dae86929974820e6.jpg

1 hour ago, Unus said:

Roger dodger sir! Didn’t mean to pick at an old scab there!

Eh, I'm not mad or anything. Plus, in your defense, that's pretty much the most absurd nerve to have touched. It's like this moment from Phineas and Ferb.

42fa6c494cef2e4764a5e287a5dd800b365b0f13

2 hours ago, Unus said:

Ah, I see! Choices to be made, as opposed to having an entire cake and slogging it down full. Helpful to the developers, in my personal opinion, choice variety, where you can flexibly go down specific trails of thought, but, not going down all branches at once and ending up with the situations we run into today.

Plus, well... as mentioned earlier, I've already made a pistol (or two or three or four) that let you just eat the whole damn cake.

Also aaaamen to that. Doesn't help that warframe's modding, when you really think about it, only gives you 1-2 free slots. 2 and a half if you count Exilus mods.

2 hours ago, Unus said:

Heh, just gotta get better at doing it all. Tired, cold, blah blah blah, you’ve heard my circular reasons time and again why I’ve been intermittent in publishing and chattering alike.

Dood, you've got no need to apologize. One, this is a hobby. Two, we are not paid (yet) for said hobby. Three, we're only human. Sure, I have at least.... five ideas for revolvers bouncing around in my head because of course I do, in addition to an assault rifle and a bunch of things I just haven't gotten around to posting. but I'm taking a short break for now to do pony and helluva boss fanart*. That doesn't make either of us less of a creator, it means we're looking after our mental health.

Plus, seeing a hobby like a job (and not a fun job) is the fastest way to hit burnout headfirst and never truly recover. Trust me, I know from experience.

*I THIRST FOR LOONA SO HARD**

**NNNGH IT'S LIKE I'M STUCK IN THE DESERT AGAIN

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Don't even trip, dawg. 

...the Grineer trying to modify their genes to create armies of monsters and half-formed things? And Drahk and Hyekka may have been made from the genetic material of Grineer?! That's an interesting idea.

Which is funny, cause I've actually had the idea that a lot of "current" fauna of the Origin System is made from human genes. It would explain the hell outta this:

is5mco6xvce31.jpg

I swear to God that looks like someone screaming in agony.

Oh. It is?! Huh. I knew you had a primitive belt-fed pistol, guess I got the names mixed up. I think I know exactly what to do.

8ba4dcd1e632cd18dae86929974820e6.jpg

Eh, I'm not mad or anything. Plus, in your defense, that's pretty much the most absurd nerve to have touched. It's like this moment from Phineas and Ferb.

42fa6c494cef2e4764a5e287a5dd800b365b0f13

Plus, well... as mentioned earlier, I've already made a pistol (or two or three or four) that let you just eat the whole damn cake.

Also aaaamen to that. Doesn't help that warframe's modding, when you really think about it, only gives you 1-2 free slots. 2 and a half if you count Exilus mods.

Dood, you've got no need to apologize. One, this is a hobby. Two, we are not paid (yet) for said hobby. Three, we're only human. Sure, I have at least.... five ideas for revolvers bouncing around in my head because of course I do, in addition to an assault rifle and a bunch of things I just haven't gotten around to posting. but I'm taking a short break for now to do pony and helluva boss fanart*. That doesn't make either of us less of a creator, it means we're looking after our mental health.

Plus, seeing a hobby like a job (and not a fun job) is the fastest way to hit burnout headfirst and never truly recover. Trust me, I know from experience.

*I THIRST FOR LOONA SO HARD**

**NNNGH IT'S LIKE I'M STUCK IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Heh, I can’t believe the “desert dentures” pic escaped my mind after all this time. Yeah, that trucks with my thoughts, filling in blanks with easily accessible human material in the Orokin case, then, purposefully chimerifying what is desired in the case of these theoretical “Grineer freaks”.

Ooooooo, getting even closer with that style suh! My Desperaza does have a few more technological bells and whistles to be sure, but, the general layout is very much starting to reflect!

Understandable. Oh if only each human had a map of all their traumas they could hand out to trusted others to ensure other’s maximum comfort in any and all everyday conversations.

Heh, indulgence is a wonderful thing to decompress with, just gotta make sure you don’t overindulge in it and become fattened off your own supply! I imagine i myself am guilty of that in a few nooks and crannies of the Pit.

I also certainly hear that in the weapons department! Got so many things I WANT to put to page, yet, so li. . . OH! You to? I’ve had I.M.P. living rent-free in my head for months now, came up with a character idea and everything.

Heh, suppose I need to find a way to give myself some slack, yet, I usually generate slack by doing the same thing. A mindbungling conundrum!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

In my defense, stingrays don't seem to have human teeth. :P 

Thats why I say you are onto something. There is most definitely a more nefarious angle to this than just stingrays vibing on Mars. Theres an obscure bit of lore around that suggests that the animals that exist now are based on the memories of the Orokin of ancient Earth, so it is possible that these rays are sporting a fair amount of human genes, or even were created via an especially cruel form of capital punishment. 

Edited by Teoarrk
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Teoarrk said:

Thats why I say you are onto something. There is most definitely a more nefarious angle to this than just stingrays vibing on Mars. Theres an obscure bit of lore around that suggests that the animals that exist now are based on the memories of the Orokin of ancient Earth, so it is possible that these rays are sporting a fair amount of human genes, or even were created via an especially cruel form of capital punishment. 

I'd honestly be more surprised if it wasn't capital punishment lol

it's like @MarikBentusi once said:

ddif3cw-8dd36881-a4a6-4401-95c0-38e42071

"Look at me! I'm so Orokin even my toaster runs on damned souls!"

I wonder where that bit of lore is. That sounds fascinating.

25 minutes ago, (PSN)Frost_Nephilim said:

Top one showing his "war face" meme

...I miss the "haha" react... That'd be great for that response you had.

That is pretty funny.

• Like 1

Noticed that the Sepulcrum has a vague resemblance to the Thompson, so I sketched this up - I plan on adding it Soon™, but there's a lot of pistols I plan on adding first. Along with Umbral Ayatan updort and a Leverian entry for Vulkodlak. And a drawing for @Unus because he is my friend and I love him.

I've decided to call this the THOMPSTON. Because: 

1. It looks like a Thompson SMG
2. "Tombstone."

This name isn't very Warframe, I admit that. Normally, Tenno weapon names are often either Spanish, in Sanskrit, or descended from Latin. This isn't 100% true for me, as some of them are Russian (the Avakan) or Chinese, (the Poyang. Haha. CHINA LAKE) Swahili (the Somesha and Somin) or the Naga, which is either a Belgian or Indian pun. I don't know which. But I can't resist the pun here.

The idea is that it'll be sort of a reverse version of the Sati from awhile back. Where the Sati is a flamethrower that uses siphon technology to charge up an explosive projectile, the Thompston (I begin to wonder if I need the 'H') is an explosive weapon that uses kills to charge up a flamethrower mode. Except in this case, it's not a flamethrower. It's... well, you'll see.

filename_by_fluffywolf36_dego8j2-fullvie

This may be too similar to the Jubal, an assault rifle I came up with awhile ago.

filename_by_fluffywolf36_dedr1on-fullvie

As it is, I'm still on break. I'm not paid for this sort of thing (yet!) so I'm doing this for the sake of my mental health.

• Like 1

Take all the vacation ya need suh! As you’ve told me, burning yourself out on one specific thing does not a body good! Also, daw, shucks, ya don’t need to if you don’t want to suh! Vacations a vacation, kick your feet up and laze!

On the topic at hand, ah, word play, like that of the Karak of Grinissh origin, albeit, a bit more direct in it’s naming. 
I don’t see TO much resemblance in each weapons layout, so much as I see each gun fitting the typical profile of a gun in general (Stock, grip, trigger, mag, hand grip, barrel), so, the resemblance is in being cousins by “primeval ancestry” in my eyes.

13 hours ago, Unus said:

I don’t see TO much resemblance in each weapons layout, so much as I see each gun fitting the typical profile of a gun in general (Stock, grip, trigger, mag, hand grip, barrel), so, the resemblance is in being cousins by “primeval ancestry” in my eyes.

Oh, I should've mentioned this earlier, but it was more in terms of role.

They're both assault rifles that can basically work as a bootleg Amprex. The Jubal has punch-through and works by having its bullets ricochet to nearby enemies on headshots, except it causes more ricochets for each successive hit on an enemy. It'll do less damage than something like the Fedorova or Buzlok or the Bruin because those are really good at engaging single targets. Meanwhile, the Thompston has AoE because it's an Entrati gun* and kills and/or possibly successive hits with it charge up...

You know, I'm not actually sure what it charges up. The first idea I had was a weapon that's like the Amprex but with cold instead of electric damage. For some reason I'm getting second thoughts, but I feel like it has  to be some kind of crowd control beam.

13 hours ago, Unus said:

Take all the vacation ya need suh! As you’ve told me, burning yourself out on one specific thing does not a body good! Also, daw, shucks, ya don’t need to if you don’t want to suh! Vacations a vacation, kick your feet up and laze!

You know, it's funny. People from you to my first girlfriend always say "fluffy, you don't have to if you don't want to," and the thing is, I say this cause I do want to.

• Like 1

Had to do some berfs on the Ganymedean gear I made. And bwoy, did the blast damage changes leave this stuff behind.

Chadam

(Status of automatic fire changed to 15%, status of semiauto fire changed to 19%)
Blast Radius of pellets changed to 1m.
Blast Damage (the type. Not the radial damage) has been removed because I no longer care about blast damage.

On 2019-08-09 at 9:44 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Ganymede 'Chadam' Autoshotgun

ganymede__chadam__autoshotgun_by_haruaxe

"Hammer through a room with the select-fire Chadam's "Bouncer" ammo, or take precise semiautomatic shots that explode on impact."
Codex

Special Traits 
Bouncer Ammo: In automatic mode, pellets ricochet up to three times on impact.
Zoom: Semiauto Mode adds increased zoom. Much like the Argonak

Stats
Shared:

Mag: 21
Non-Hitscan (roughly the same speed as the Mara Detron.)
Fire Rate: 2.8
Damage: 336
Pellet Count: 6
Reload: 1.9s

Auto

Damage: 336

220 Impact 
    108 Slash
Crit Chance: 17%
Crit Multiplier: 2.1x 
Accuracy: 8.1
Falloff: Max Damage to 24m
    Min Damage at 36m
    50% Max Reduction

Semi

Damage: 336

On Impact: 136
96 Impact 
40 Slash

Radial: 200
120 Slash
80 Impact

Crit Chance: 25%
Crit Multiplier: 3.2x
Accuracy: 9.6
Blast Radius: 0.8m per pellet
Falloff: Max Damage to 26m
    Min Damage at 42m
    50% Max Reduction

'Riyo'
I like... totally forgot about this thing while making the Cenotaph. Whoops. Anyway, Buff time:
1. Trigger has been changed to CHARGE - charging the trigger now increases damage like on Tombfinger kitguns. A fully charged shot airbursts near enemies. This is so:
2. you can now tap altfire for increased zoom.
3. Status and Crit chance changed to 38%.
4. It now does 60% of its damage on body shots and 40% radially.

On 2020-03-03 at 1:34 AM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Ganymede 'Riyo' Gyrojet Carbine

ganymede__riyo__gyrojet_rifle_by_haruaxe

STATS

Fire Rate: 3
Magazine Size: 10

Reload Time: 2.0s

Impact

Damage: 200
80 Blast
60 Impact
45 Slash
15 Puncture
Crit Chance: 38%
Crit Multiplier: 3.0x
Status Chance: 38%

Airburst

Damage 220 
130 Blast
90 Slash
Crit Chance: 16%
Crit Multiplier: 2.4x
Status Chance: 44%
Blast Radius: 4m

FILLER TIME:

"filename_by_fluffywolf36_deh0u9r-pre.jpg

"Haruka and I managed to get our hands on some Vaulter computers that we acquired... extremely legally and without any bribery  or shotgun-measuring. What we did was plug a Vaulter computer and an Orokin one into a Grimnebulin flesh adapter - gross little thing, just a ball of red weeping green sores with a little outlet poking out. You have to keep it in a refrigerator. So what we did with this monstrosity was feed designs from Vaulters into a modified Helminth unit we'd attached to a forge.

This thing came out.

It's some kind of bioplasma launcher. I don't know everything about how it works. Not yet anyway. But my guess is, it's some kind of anti-synthetic weapon that the Infestation attempted to reconstruct. Since it doesn't have the plasma cells the Vaulters did, it created an organ that synthesizes bioplasma and mimics the functionality of the original one. if I could rebuild the original version, I'd have a near-perfect anti-Sentient weapon.

Almost makes you wonder why the Orokin Empire is so keen on burying its past. The more you learn, the more lessons you wish they'd take from it."

--Father Entrati

for those of you wondering who the "Vaulters" mentioned in that last post were:

Vaulter Ruins:

These ancient, rusting catacombs are found underground between Ceres and Uranus. Especially Ganymede. I don’t have an aesthetic in mind, but stepping into one should feel jarring. Like you’ve stepped into another game entirely. For any non-spaceship or Gas City tileset, you should be able to find one of these. Bode (from Ganymede) will have these quotes once you find one:

Bode quotes:

“According to legend, it used to be just Earth that was habitable. Weird to think about. So back then, people would live under the planet’s surface. It was safe from asteroid impacts, so why not?”

“The Orokin were finding these even towards the end of the Meso era. When they weren’t bombarding the Vaulters with terraforming Seeds, choking them under fertile soil, nano substrate, and roots, they were dragging the people out kicking and screaming. If they were conscious.”

“We don’t know NEARLY enough about the people who built these. We don’t even know what they called themselves, all we know is that the Orokin refused to call them anything but Vaulters.”

“There’s a poem from Anonymous Ion about what the Orokin did to their Vaulter ancestors. The Orokin had…. Hate is too kind a word."

"The Orokin dragged them all off to residential academies, and set to beating their culture out, welt by welt. They’d present the children with machines recovered from Vaults and beat them for explaining how it worked, and ask the children why they made the Orokin beat them. They’d beat them for speaking their own languages. They’d beat them for recounting their histories in front of audiences which they’d requested. Sometimes they’d beat them for no reason at all. Then they refused to call the Vaulters by their real names and banned it from records. Imagine it, Tenno. They killed a culture. One of the only ones that could tell us how once upon a time, the Orokin were only human.”

Still working on a crossbow done as a gift for @Unus! In the meantime, here's the Infested gun I've been drawing up in my spare time

filename_by_fluffywolf36_deh5t37-pre.jpg

As you can see, the section where your hand goes looks like a rib cage. this has been done for your comfort. you could almost say

The overall shape is inspired by Death Guard plasma guns from Warhammer 40k, which... look, we all know what they look like. The craggy sections are inspired by Kevin Duc's alien shotgun barrel from Borderlands 3. At the moment, it might feel a little too similar, so I'll look into some ways to make it look and feel different from his work.

I definitely want to keep the teeth though. I want this to look biological and I... do not like the other option possible.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Still working on a crossbow done as a gift for @Unus! In the meantime, here's the Infested gun I've been drawing up in my spare time

filename_by_fluffywolf36_deh5t37-pre.jpg

As you can see, the section where your hand goes looks like a rib cage. this has been done for your comfort. you could almost say

The overall shape is inspired by Death Guard plasma guns from Warhammer 40k, which... look, we all know what they look like. The craggy sections are inspired by Kevin Duc's alien shotgun barrel from Borderlands 3. At the moment, it might feel a little too similar, so I'll look into some ways to make it look and feel different from his work.

I definitely want to keep the teeth though. I want this to look biological and I... do not like the other option possible.

THE SHADOW APPROACHES YOUR WORK!
Jokeing aside, I did INDEED notice the familial resemblance to Borderland’s “gun faces”.

Hm. . . instead of the fleshy peg-teet, perhaps you can go for the metal-infused jaws of the mollusk for the style? A proper metallic gun barrel, but, a weeee bit more exotic in styling?

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn24329-zoologger-mollusc-grows-hardest-teeth-in-the-world/amp/

Alternatively, maybe a bony beak with a hole in the front or a pseudo-barnacle formation for that “sturdy and gory” style.

https://marine.ucsc.edu/images/target_tetraclita01.jpg

15 hours ago, Unus said:

Alternatively, maybe a bony beak with a hole in the front or a pseudo-barnacle formation for that “sturdy and gory” style.

I don't know why, but this one feels the most like it'd work on a plasma gun while maintaining... what I was going for here. Maybe take inspiration from a squid's beak...

(also sauce: Death Guard Plasma Guns)

s-l400.jpg

Which... again, we all know what it looks like.

Quick preview of the general look of UN LOBITO, (guitar chord!) one of the next revolvers I have planned.

It's not gonna shoot super phosphorus like the Phosphor Serpenta does, it's more of a revolver (presumably?) than the Serpenta.... though it will have been built on Mars. I'm not gonna spoil the gimmick just yet. I just liked the revolver-meets-flintlock silhouette of the Phosphor Serpenta.

On that note, I'm probably not going to do a Volkite Serpenta. Despite the fact that I often get the Volkite and Phosphor serpentae (serpentas?) confused. We already have the Kuva Nukor. Not much I should do there.

28871871_1782201462082478_32724193604544