Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fluffy's warframe concepts - weapons and enemies! (Newest concept - 𝑻𝒆𝒏𝒏𝒐 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑺𝒉𝒐𝒕𝒈𝒖𝒏!!)

(XBOX)Fluffywolf36

Entrati 'Bouchard' Pistol (NOTE: Name subject to change)

The thread's been a bit less active lately, and I haven't changed the title in awhile. Which gives me the feeling that this has left the thread looking like something I've just mindlessly bumped for months. This... is not untrue, but I didn't know how to explain the Dhoul in a thread title. The closest thing I could think of was calling it "alien," but it's not actually alien...

So I'm doing something different. I'm changing the title and making a post dedicated to this thing: 

The Bouchard

dehlgc8-b6fe8a97-4a27-41fa-90ff-e35fc7f5

"A refinement of the Entrati 'Sepulcrum' pistol. This pistol sacrifices the Sepulcrum's  weight, unparalleled destructive power, and magazine capacity en masse... for the sake of something more reminiscent of a conventional pistol. It loads through the pistol grip and has a smaller mag, creating an overall quicker, smoother weapon that can be used even by unaugmented oHumans.

Is this tradeoff worth it? That depends on its user's opinion."

A very, very heavy pistol inspired by Gregor Eisenhorn’s bolt pistol. As intended for my Warframe concepts thread. The idea is (assuming I add it to said thread) that it’s meant to be a more compact (heh. “COMPACT”) version of the Sepulcrum that sacrifices power and capacity for the sake of rate of fire and portability. Almost anyone can heft a Bouchard, even an unaugmented human. It would be very difficult, but it's not impossible.

I’m not sure what the siphon mode will do. The name is also subject to change, as Entrati weapon names are traditionally more... funerary.

Since most of the pistols I've made recently have had a blast radius, I don't see this being released too soon. There's two non-hitscan revolvers, a hitscan revolver, and a machine pistol I have planned in the future, and I see this as being....well. On a backburner. I feel like i slip into the same patterns too much.

Edited by (XBOX)Fluffywolf36
  • Like 1

As drawn for my friend @Unus and meant to break up how samey my thread was feeling... BEHOLB

UNUS' GANDIVA CROSSBOW

new_loka__gandiva__crossbow_by_fluffywol

Brothers, sisters, children of Mother Earth herself, our mother has been besieged and besmirched for to long under the grasping malformed clutches of the false men! They seek to burn a home for themselves out of our mother's great forests, drain the pure seas of her life's blood, and slaughter her lesser children as though they existed only for their nourishment. No more!  We must surge forth from our holy temples and counter these transgressions the only way the false men can comprehend, through bloodshed! But, we will need to fight this war OUR way, not with the filthy products of the disruptive industry that ruins our system's delicate ecosystems. Instead, we will fight with the power of Mother Earth herself! Listed below is a weapon purpose built by our finest craftsmen to work on par with the spew of corporatism and carefully curated by our most enlightened botanists to have the most minuscule footprint as physically possible on our mother's body. Learn it's capabilities well kin, you will be seeing far more of them in the future as the true war effort begins!
- Signed
Lady Chrysantha
Temple of the Everglade,  Larunda Relay, Mercury

Manufacturer: The Gaianite Sect, Temple of the Everglade, Larunda Relay, Mercury.

Stats

Damage= 12 Impact, 200 Puncture, 55 Slash for first shot in burst. 6 Impact, 100 Puncture, and 55 Slash for the second. (The sheer force behind the spider silk strings combined with the innate piercing qualities of the salvaged grineer bullets ensures that not even the vaunted "superior armor" of our foes will save them.)
Projectile= Projectile 
Accuracy= 35 for the first shot in the burst, 40 for the second.
Cyclic Rate-Of-Fire= 2.0
Critical Chance= 25% 
Critical Damage= 2.0X 
Status Chance= 35% (With no further need for gunpowder within the bullets themselves, most of the powder can be carefully replaced with elemental substances of some form or another.)
Magazine Size= 2 (one bullet nocked with two strings, the one behind it nocked with a single string.)

Reload Speed= 3.0 (1.5 reload speed for when a single shot has been fired.) ((Span the third string along the "string groove" to very furthest spike slot, push 2nd trigger forwards to raise and lock spike in place, send first round down barrel, repeat  process with first and second strings onto leaf-sight spike. prepare to fire.))
Trigger Type= Unique (Lightly clicking the "shooting trigger" (be it console or computer) will only cause the operator to pull the first trigger to shoot the first bolt, requiring a second depression to fire the second shot . If the "shooting trigger" is held down, the operator will depress both triggers one after the other, firing in a "burst" manner.)
Mastery Rank Requisite= ??
Syndicate Rank Requisite=?? 
Syndicate Standing Cost= ???,???,???
Polarity= Vazarin, Madurai, Naramon.

Special Trait(s)

Impregnated Wood=  + 0.1-0.5 health regeneration dependent on 1/5 increments of frame's health (The lower portion of the bow is specifically imbued with an internal supply of calendula gel which drips out of the body through carefully chiseled micropores. The more an individual squeezes the wood, ((such as during battlefield stress)), the greater the volume of gel that will spill onto the user's body.)

P-Wave Emission= (Though adverse to nearly all forms of "technological excess", the Gainite New Loka members still acknowledge the necessity of arming Tenno in a way that will overwhelm conventional forces. Therefore, Gandivas destined for Tenno use contain an appropriated Grineer communications node covered in makeshift solar paneling that has been specifically tuned to only interact with Tenno communications in the manner of the other faction's custom versions. This particular emitter emits a signal code that cleanses the body of free radicals, boosts standard organ capacity above and beyond normal functionality temporarily, and converts the oncoming void energy into a bubble of carborane acid that rapidly blasts outwards.)

Appearance=

As is the desire of this particular sect of the New Lola, an absolute bare minimum of technology is used in the creation of the Gandiva.

Though most of the collaborators who live under New Loka's umbrella use at least some basic form of electronic or mechanical devices in their quest for a redeemed homeworld, the Gaianite sect has sworn off all forms of personally created devices that require mining to retrieve the constituent materials or factories to forge them.

Instead, they seek to ground human civilization onto Earth itself, forever regressed to a carefully sustained technological level that never uses anything beyond wooden tools and lives a subsistence hunter-gatherer lifestyle.

In order to reach that point however, the Gaianites recognize the need to completely purge Earth of outside influences that seek to claim it, giving them sufficient reason to continue working under the mainline sect's guidance. Even so, every weapon, tool, and piece of equipment that must be made by Gaianite workers via industrial means results in a week of salt-water self-flagellation with reeds for each worker in question in order to "purge them of it's fiery taint", resulting in a considerable amount of wounded appearing in Gaianite inhabited New Loka areas whenever skirmishes occur or war-time production ramps up. Temporarily losing a modest but not insignificant portion of the workforce in this manner has been quite the set back in the past, and has led to several moments where the Lady or Lord of the time was almost on the brink of defeat.

Thankfully, in recent times, the current leadership of New Loka have done what they can to accommodate these particular members of their society, even allowing them to come up with their own forms of weaponry and equipment outside of the norm. The results of such allowances, such as the  Gandiva crossbow, practically speak for themselves.

• Like 2

And so it goes! Much thanks sir! My apologies for pilfering your skill in the arts away from your personal designs! As always, and seemingly without error, you continue to show your mastery of the craft, significantly improving over the earliest times I first saw you slowly begin to post and gradually develop over time.

As a side note though, I've gotta ask. . . what happened to the text involving your Entrati pistol up above? It displays as a white textbox that I need to highlight in order to read, in a similar style to one of my old Latcher launcher entries where the text was all blacked out and required highlighting in order to read. Could you have suffered a similar glitch? If so, if you copy and plain-text it back in, you might be able to solve it like I did.

19 minutes ago, Unus said:

And so it goes! Much thanks sir! My apologies for pilfering your skill in the arts away from your personal designs! As always, and seemingly without error, you continue to show your mastery of the craft, significantly improving over the earliest times I first saw you slowly begin to post and gradually develop over time.

As a side note though, I've gotta ask. . . what happened to the text involving your Entrati pistol up above? It displays as a white textbox that I need to highlight in order to read, in a similar style to one of my old Latcher launcher entries where the text was all blacked out and required highlighting in order to read. Could you have suffered a similar glitch? If so, if you copy and plain-text it back in, you might be able to solve it like I did.

I clicked the "remove format" thing. :P here's hoping that works out!

As for how that happened, well... I copypasta'd from deviantart. That probably has something to do with it.

6 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

I clicked the "remove format" thing. :P here's hoping that works out!

As for how that happened, well... I copypasta'd from deviantart. That probably has something to do with it.

Smooth as butter to read now suh! Heh, I guess you get black from copy-pasting from Deviantart documents and white from copy-pasting Word documents

2 minutes ago, Unus said:

Smooth as butter to read now suh! Heh, I guess you get black from copy-pasting from Deviantart documents and white from copy-pasting Word documents

I honestly thought it'd turn out green.

Anyway, what do you think of it? Is it faithful to your design? Originally, it had a regular "track," like your average crossbow, but then I remembered it said bullet crossbow, so the paneling above was... a little bit of an accident.

3 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

I honestly thought it'd turn out green.

Anyway, what do you think of it? Is it faithful to your design? Originally, it had a regular "track," like your average crossbow, but then I remembered it said bullet crossbow, so the paneling above was... a little bit of an accident.

Shes a beauty, I gotta say, the overall design very much fits the bill snugly and tightly, not very (uninsultingly) surprising coming off of your desk! Only thing that pops up is the leaf-sight that bugs me a bit. I'm trying to think of a better way to describe it to you, the way it works inside my mental testing grounds.

The way you have built it does indeed fit, but, its the mechanism thats getting muddled. There needs to be a clear space behind the leaf-sight, and the leaf sight needs to be able to snap down onto the barrel to let the bolt pass. See the leaf sight on the M203?
See the source image

See how it folds in like that snugly inside that area?

My aim was to use the leafy-leaf sight as the thing to hold back the string for the big bow.

Pull the trigger, and it flips down onto the bottom to lie flat, letting the bullet fly free to plunge into the target.

See the source image
(Diagrams just here to show you the string part I'm pointing at thats behind a crossbow bolt in this case.)

I'm sorry if I am being demanding about this, but, well, its SO legitimately good as it is. If theres a way to change just THAT part and keep the rest nice and frozen, we'd be even better! If not, I can do this really special thing called "Stop, they've already gone the extra mile, why a few miles more?", no harmed feelings or ill will involved at all!

Edited by Unus
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

As drawn for my friend @Unus and meant to break up how samey my thread was feeling... BEHOLB

UNUS' GANDIVA CROSSBOW

new_loka__gandiva__crossbow_by_fluffywol

Brothers, sisters, children of Mother Earth herself, our mother has been besieged and besmirched for to long under the grasping malformed clutches of the false men! They seek to burn a home for themselves out of our mother's great forests, drain the pure seas of her life's blood, and slaughter her lesser children as though they existed only for their nourishment. No more!  We must surge forth from our holy temples and counter these transgressions the only way the false men can comprehend, through bloodshed! But, we will need to fight this war OUR way, not with the filthy products of the disruptive industry that ruins our system's delicate ecosystems. Instead, we will fight with the power of Mother Earth herself! Listed below is a weapon purpose built by our finest craftsmen to work on par with the spew of corporatism and carefully curated by our most enlightened botanists to have the most minuscule footprint as physically possible on our mother's body. Learn it's capabilities well kin, you will be seeing far more of them in the future as the true war effort begins!
- Signed
Lady Chrysantha
Temple of the Everglade,  Larunda Relay, Mercury

Hide contents

Manufacturer: The Gaianite Sect, Temple of the Everglade, Larunda Relay, Mercury.

Stats

Damage= 12 Impact, 200 Puncture, 55 Slash for first shot in burst. 6 Impact, 100 Puncture, and 55 Slash for the second. (The sheer force behind the spider silk strings combined with the innate piercing qualities of the salvaged grineer bullets ensures that not even the vaunted "superior armor" of our foes will save them.)
Projectile= Projectile 
Accuracy= 35 for the first shot in the burst, 40 for the second.
Cyclic Rate-Of-Fire= 2.0
Critical Chance= 25% 
Critical Damage= 2.0X 
Status Chance= 35% (With no further need for gunpowder within the bullets themselves, most of the powder can be carefully replaced with elemental substances of some form or another.)
Magazine Size= 2 (one bullet nocked with two strings, the one behind it nocked with a single string.)

Reload Speed= 3.0 (1.5 reload speed for when a single shot has been fired.) ((Span the third string along the "string groove" to very furthest spike slot, push 2nd trigger forwards to raise and lock spike in place, send first round down barrel, repeat  process with first and second strings onto leaf-sight spike. prepare to fire.))
Trigger Type= Unique (Lightly clicking the "shooting trigger" (be it console or computer) will only cause the operator to pull the first trigger to shoot the first bolt, requiring a second depression to fire the second shot . If the "shooting trigger" is held down, the operator will depress both triggers one after the other, firing in a "burst" manner.)
Mastery Rank Requisite= ??
Syndicate Rank Requisite=?? 
Syndicate Standing Cost= ???,???,???
Polarity= Vazarin, Madurai, Naramon.

Special Trait(s)

Impregnated Wood=  + 0.1-0.5 health regeneration dependent on 1/5 increments of frame's health (The lower portion of the bow is specifically imbued with an internal supply of calendula gel which drips out of the body through carefully chiseled micropores. The more an individual squeezes the wood, ((such as during battlefield stress)), the greater the volume of gel that will spill onto the user's body.)

P-Wave Emission= (Though adverse to nearly all forms of "technological excess", the Gainite New Loka members still acknowledge the necessity of arming Tenno in a way that will overwhelm conventional forces. Therefore, Gandivas destined for Tenno use contain an appropriated Grineer communications node covered in makeshift solar paneling that has been specifically tuned to only interact with Tenno communications in the manner of the other faction's custom versions. This particular emitter emits a signal code that cleanses the body of free radicals, boosts standard organ capacity above and beyond normal functionality temporarily, and converts the oncoming void energy into a bubble of carborane acid that rapidly blasts outwards.)

Appearance=

As is the desire of this particular sect of the New Lola, an absolute bare minimum of technology is used in the creation of the Gandiva.

Though most of the collaborators who live under New Loka's umbrella use at least some basic form of electronic or mechanical devices in their quest for a redeemed homeworld, the Gaianite sect has sworn off all forms of personally created devices that require mining to retrieve the constituent materials or factories to forge them.

Instead, they seek to ground human civilization onto Earth itself, forever regressed to a carefully sustained technological level that never uses anything beyond wooden tools and lives a subsistence hunter-gatherer lifestyle.

In order to reach that point however, the Gaianites recognize the need to completely purge Earth of outside influences that seek to claim it, giving them sufficient reason to continue working under the mainline sect's guidance. Even so, every weapon, tool, and piece of equipment that must be made by Gaianite workers via industrial means results in a week of salt-water self-flagellation with reeds for each worker in question in order to "purge them of it's fiery taint", resulting in a considerable amount of wounded appearing in Gaianite inhabited New Loka areas whenever skirmishes occur or war-time production ramps up. Temporarily losing a modest but not insignificant portion of the workforce in this manner has been quite the set back in the past, and has led to several moments where the Lady or Lord of the time was almost on the brink of defeat.

Thankfully, in recent times, the current leadership of New Loka have done what they can to accommodate these particular members of their society, even allowing them to come up with their own forms of weaponry and equipment outside of the norm. The results of such allowances, such as the  Gandiva crossbow, practically speak for themselves.

Really like this! Great job Fluffy and Unus!

I would really love to see some new syndicate weapons added to warframe, ideally ones like this that are unique to the syndicate.

Infested 'Enferon' Shotgun Pistol

infested__enferon__shotgun_pistol_by_flu

A relic of Mars reshaped by the Infestation and excavated from the surface of Mars by Father. In addition to being a powerful shotgun… melee kills can “feed” ammo into its magazine, and it comes equipped with a barbed tentacle that drags enemies toward you - or you to them. It’s a true berserker’s weapon.”

Special Traits:
Meathook: Tapping altfire will shoot out a barbed tentacle that pulls enemies towards you if you’re standing… and towards them if you’re in midair.
Carrion: Melee kills reload the weapon and even “overstuff” the magazine, bringing it up from 3 to even 6. Shots with this weapon after melee kills do increased damage. And yes, this stacks with glaive mods.

Lore

As the second place settled by humans, Mars has a number of relics buried under its sands. Deimos is little different. When examining the spread of infestation on Deimos, the Enferon was found in pre-Orokin ruins that were being subsumed by the Infestation. Little could be divined from these ruins, as they had been picked clean of anything externally valuable…

Save for this three-barreled shotgun found growing from a corpse. The Infestation had been reconstructing it from something. Seemingly a stockless, double-barrel break-action shotgun. A strange find, to be sure. It raised the question of why, exactly, anyone would bring it into space. 

Several things were discovered during testing. The blades at the end were actually the end of a long tentacle-like appendage that could latch onto enemies, pulling them towards the user - or the user towards them if they were in midair. Melee kills also reload and even “overfill” it, giving it the ability to fire up to six shots. 

Blueprints can be discovered during Isolation Vault bounties. Unlike, say, the Sporothrix, you don’t need to find multiple parts, but you do need lots of Deimos resources and a Bronco to build it. After all - it’s a break-open shotgun. 

It wasn’t quite to Father or Haruka Lorne’s sense of aesthetics and taste, but it fit a crucial niche nonetheless. For Tenno and others capable of purging Infested in melee combat, the Enferon could be a Godsend.

Shoot. Stab. Repeat - often with no regard for things like “ammo supply” or “reloading” or “maximum effective range of a shotgun pistol.”

Stats

Fire rate: 2
Magazine: 3
Reload: 3
Max Ammo: 150
Damage: 630
180 Gas
250 Slash
125 Puncture
75 Impact
Pellets: 10
Critical Chance: 26%
Critical Multiplier: 2.1x
Status Chance: 9%
Punch-Through: 0.5m
Range:
Full damage up to 12m
Minimum Damage at 24m
75% Max reduction

Artist Notes:

Originally, this was going to have a thing like on the Angstrum where you hold down the trigger to fire three rounds, but…. I just wasn’t feeling it. This is near-overpowered enough as is, I didn’t need to make a pistol that did 1890 damage without mods. 

Now, I feel like I fall into pretty similar traps - most of the pistols (and even some primaries I’ve drawn up) have been focused on crowd control, and when I try to make something that focuses on single targets, it usually focuses on headshots. So this thing is meant to come up with something totally different!

It’s designed to be used with melee. Especially with thrown melee! In fact, the whole reason it has 26% crit is so it can go over 100% with the Mark Of The Beast glaive mod.

The name ‘Enferon’ is a reference to  biggest influences on this were the Cerberus from Shadow Warrior 2, and… look. It’s a break-open shotgun. From martian space. You know exactly what I’m doing here.
I would’ve kept going but 1, I wanted to watch cartoons, 2…. I am genuinely surprised this didn’t crash my computer.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Special Traits:
Meathook: Tapping altfire will shoot out a barbed tentacle that pulls enemies towards you if you’re standing… and towards them if you’re in midair.
Carrion: Melee kills reload the weapon and even “overstuff” the magazine, bringing it up from 3 to even 6. Shots with this weapon after melee kills do increased damage. And yes, this stacks with glaive mods.

This is genial 

The gap closer combined with the reload feature makes this weapon so good for keeping momentum. 

10/10 on gameplay 

About the visual I think you overkiled a bit on the Doon references with the clear bone and horns. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, keikogi said:

This is genial 

The gap closer combined with the reload feature makes this weapon so good for keeping momentum. 

10/10 on gameplay 

Thanks so much =D I figured Warframe... isn't a game where a "utility weapon" from, say, Halo would work, so knowing that this could do that and feel good to use is high praise.

2 hours ago, keikogi said:

About the visual I think you overkiled a bit on the Doon references with the clear bone and horns. 

Originally it was going to have more, but I was genuinely concerned I'd crash the computer if I tried. :P

Surprisingly though, the general shape is actually more of a reference to this:

marek-libiszewski-cerberus-lp3.jpg?1487523643

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Thanks so much =D I figured Warframe... isn't a game where a "utility weapon" from, say, Halo would work, so knowing that this could do that and feel good to use is high praise.

The problem with utility weapons lies single handlely on DE unhealthy obsession with weapon switch animation. Just allowing us to animation cancel would open a lot of design space. And it's not like people won't ever see the animation. Behold the kind of animation canceling with his ultimate swordtricRoyaTruxksSword style.

So utility weapon have to provide damage as well so the only design space they can occupy is something akin to your design having both utility and damage since utility alone will make the player dps dip so much that's not worth the utility.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Originally it was going to have more, but I was genuinely concerned I'd crash the computer if I tried. :P

Surprisingly though, the general shape is actually more of a reference to this:

Personally I think you shoved as much detail as you can into a gun as it is possible.  Anymore than that would overloaded it visually 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, keikogi said:

The problem with utility weapons lies single handlely on DE unhealthy obsession with weapon switch animation.

I thought it was the rampant power creep in this game pushing us away from crowd control and more towards the most efficient way to kill.

7 minutes ago, keikogi said:

Personally I think you shoved as much detail as you can into a gun as it is possible.  Anymore than that would overloaded it visually 

When you put it that way, it's probably for the best. If there's anything I've learned from Michael Bay's designs, it's that if you put too much detail on something, your brain just sort of gives up.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

thought it was the rampant power creep in this game pushing us away from crowd control and more towards the most efficient way to kill.

It's actually quite the contrary. The more power creep there is the stronger utility weapons become because Raw dps stops matering in the ttk so actually getting close to the enemies,  buffing yourself , or grouping enemies and debuffing enemies becomes .ore important that having a second or third dps stick.  The problem is the weapon switch time is higher than  the TTK and weapons reload speed ( on top of being host based ) so the pure utility weapon design space is dead . Also the utility weapons in warframe are quite bad for one reason or another,  Zakti has timing restrictions and just going brrrrt with a kiva nukor would achive better results due to condition overload and viral ( on top off the self damage nonsense) , muralist quanta should be one off the better weapons off the game but bad shape on the ball and it being impossible to control due to be based on physics nonsense make the weapon incredible impractical. Harpak hook must be a joke . 

What I mean by the cost of weapon switch. Trickster actually increases dante dps because there is no dps cost into switching into Trickster, since all swaps are instantaneous. Because Trickster gaps closer faster than stinger ( seconds best option for a gap close ) and you can go back into sword master ( stance with fancier melee attacks ). Same would apply to warframe if weapon switch was instantaneous 

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

When you put it that way, it's probably for the best. If there's anything I've learned from Michael Bay's designs, it's that if you put too much detail on something, your brain just sort of gives up.

I quite literally can't remember the design off a single transformer from the movies but the cartoon ones are quite easy to recall.  I literally can't recall the shape off anything on that movie. I don't even know what Megatron turns into. 

There are overloaded designs that work but they are few and far between. 

Edited by keikogi
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, keikogi said:

I quite literally can't remember the design off a single transformer from the movies but the cartoon ones are quite easy to recall.  I literally can't recall the shape off anything on that movie. I don't even know what Megatron turns into. 

I can vaguely remember some of Optimus' look but that has more to do with watching Transformers Prime tbh.  Hell, I'm lucky I remember Ironhide's vehicle mode. Sure can't remember what anyone else turns into.

As for what Megatron turns into.... honestly? Good question. Apparently he turns  into some kind of alien jet in the first couple movies, and then a  tank, but I've looked at the alien jet and it's just Not Very Good. I'mma provide a disclaimer that normally, I'm pretty interested in the cybertronian vehicle modes. Especially if they turn into sports cars or something.

This one is from War for Cybertron, which was actively trying to meld the G1, Animated, and (to some extent) Michael Bay artstyles into a cohesive whole so it's not 1:1. 

2e5cc3dda06e016c293de060f9cbb9ba.jpg

That genuinely looks cool. I... have, at several points, drawn similar-looking vehicles with more emphasized passenger spaces, because it looks almost alien but not quite.Meanwhile Megatron's cybertronian jet mode is just...

Spoiler

Movie_Voyager_Megatron_toy.jpg

I mean, even in toy mode it's overdesigned. What does anything.... anything? The aerodynamics, the shape, none of this makes much sense, and his movie version is just Too Much Spikes.

• Like 2

On 2017-12-13 at 4:22 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

6: The Meridian Shotgun! Now SBIGHAM APPROVED, BABYYYYY-

tenno__meridian__shotgun_by_haruaxeman-d

It holds 15-20 rounds, and does mostly puncture damage.

Heh, I think you just predicted the Cedo or something lol

I gotta say, I dig the whole Zenith-meets-shotgun idea though

Edited by Bigredteletubby
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bigredteletubby said:

Heh, I think you just predicted the Cedo or something lol

I have noticed that lol. It's.... pretty funny to me.

The resemblance is kinda uncanny. Except in my case, it launches the magazine instead of a glaive!

21 minutes ago, Bigredteletubby said:

I gotta say, I dig the whole Zenith-meets-shotgun idea though

thanks so much! I'd been thinking about how apparently, the Pancor Jackhammer's mag could be used as an antipersonnel mine, and thought that giving the Meridian the ability to shoot its magazine as said mine would be fun.

Not to mention more enjoyable than the Azima.

There's.... a surprising amount of things I managed to predict in this thread, too. :P  I managed to predict part of how Railjack missions might work, the use of Raknoids outside the Orb Vallis, the catchmoon kitgun, (I had a pistol idea for a baby Plasmor before Fortuna came out) Infested kitgun parts, the Sentients being able to "assimilate" people and thus creating Sentient-Corpus Nullifier hybrids, the idea of buffing a nukor with more crowd control, and at least one of the shotguns I made is surprisingly similar to Corinth Prime. Except it has full-auto and it's non-hitscan.

I also came up with the idea for a weapon that does guaranteed cold procs on radial damage before they did :P

(it's this thing)

On 2021-02-19 at 7:31 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

“Cenotaph” Semiautomatic Cannon
Entrati semiautomatic cannon that fires cryobaric micromissiles. Radial explosion does guaranteed cold damage.”
--Codex

entrati__cenotaph__semiauto_cannon_by_fl

Special Traits:
Frostbite Rounds - 
radial attack has guaranteed cold damage.
Charge Trigger - hold down the trigger of primary fire to increase blast radius, damage, and speed of projectiles. 

Lore

“We built it as an anti-Infested gun, but it works well enough as anti-everything. This baby can fit so many damage types in it.”
--Father, when buying the blueprint

Probably the closest thing to an anti-Infested sniper rifle. Haruka Lorne and Father Entrati took a weapon from ancient schematics, and so radically redesigned it for high crowd control that it practically stopped being a sniper. Users have varyingly described it as a semiautomatic cannon, a hybrid of sniper rifle and battle rifle, a battle rifle that shoots grenades or rockets, and even a “semicannon.”  So really, it's not that much like a sniper rifle.

To paraphrase design notes from Haruka and Father, calling it a ‘semicannon’ originally came as a joke from Haruka. In her words: “Well, it’s a semiauto cannon, but it’s not an autocannon, so…” Eventually they found themselves unable to stop referring to it as such. As often happens on such design projects.

In primary fire it launches low-velocity cryobaric micromissiles that explode on impact. Each round is hollowed out and filled with a lump of cryotic, which spreads as the missile deforms on impact, violently exploding and dealing cold damage in a small radius. The missiles have some puncture damage, exploding as they punch into armor, though this is less to penetrate armor and more to weaken it.

These rounds, similar to the Depezador’s secondary buckshot, are infused with cryotic. It does a guaranteed cold proc on radial damage. Radial damage is increased on direct hits with enemies.

This has a variety of applications for unique elemental builds. 

Have you ever wanted to have radiation, toxin, viral, and cold, in addition to IPS, and Hunter Munitions on a weapon? This can do it. You could do just viral, fire, and ice (you could) but seven status effects per shot would be funnier.

To increase the damage of primary fire, hold down the trigger to increase its velocity, damage, and blast radius. (I don’t know how much)

Kills with this weapon’s primary fire use Siphon technology to charge its secondary fire. Or rather, they use siphon technology to load its secondary fire, which is a small Siphon-powered Kyrkogrim Turret. The Kyrkogrim aims in the general direction of enemies, sticks to any surface it’s fired at, and - essentially - comes equipped with a tiny Artax rifle.

Sticking the Kyrkogrim to an enemy will cause that enemy to draw aggro from other enemies around it, and landing a headshot with it can ‘hijack’ an enemy. It also explodes when it’s destroyed.

This rifle was sadly (in Father’s words) “shafted” by the Orokin. While it’s easy to see it as another “cutting,” one of the many examples of the most effective weapons against the Sentients coming to an unfortunate accident, it’s not difficult to see why they did it. It requires a large number of resources unique to Deimos, and various Sentient-infused resources found on the Plains of Eidolon. A version of the Cenotaph was produced without the turret launcher, but it came to very little and saw limited service. Father also disliked it, seeing it as the “emasculated” version of his creation.

That said, those few Tenno (such as Haruka Lorne, Thane, and Ginebra Oster) who had the fortune to use it during the Old War made the claim that this investment is abundantly worth it. Among Tenno fireteams, it took a role somewhere between marksman and demolition, punching into high-value targets and detonating them from the inside. In Thane’s words:

“It costs an arm and a leg and takes days for a foundry to build, it’s loaded full of pulse-shielded machinery, and if you print it wrong… uh,  you don’t want to print it wrong. But once it’s finished, you can beat a small moon’s worth of enemies after drowning it in the mud, and you won’t get so much as a jam.
That good enough th-”

Like its close cousin, the Cromlech autoshotgun, it has a motorized reload mechanism involving both sides of the magwell moving to the sides as the magazine is pulled into the gun using advanced micromotors or something.

Strangely, Father and Haruka’’s design notes indicate that they “borrowed” many elements of its design from ancient, fragmentary records, raising the question of just what the original weapon that became the Cenotaph was designed to fight.

It has better hipfire accuracy than the Chakkhurr. 

Artist notes:

This all stemmed from realizing the Sepulcrum allows you to build a weapon with magnetic, gas, and toxin. So I asked myself one question: “what’s the silliest status loophole I can make to exploit this?” So, the Cenotaph was born. It does guaranteed cold damage on radial attacks so you can fill this with up to seven different damage types. And it shoots a turret. Fun stuff.

That outta the way? Yes, it’s a bolter. You know it, I know it, and GW probably can’t sue me for it. 

But - and this is important - it’s not the Stalker bolter. It has much more in common with the Perinetus ‘Solo’ Bolter, which I found out about from 1d4chan’s bolter page. The Perinetus, unlike the Stalker, is not scoped or silenced. It also looks like a slightly more stretched-out bolter, with larger gaps between various parts, and a longer barrel. I liked the idea of making a gun that’s essentially the Perinetus to the Sepulcrum’s Storm Bolter, so that’s where we get this thing. It felt… old, brutal, and simple. Apparently, Entrati technology is “archaic” so why not.

Honestly, this is more of a shorter-ranged marksman rifle than a sniper rifle. 

The stats come after the artist notes here because holy hell is this a lot of crunch. It’s also worth mentioning that I genuinely don’t know how the turret shot interacts with multishot, because I am too lazy and it is almost time for pizza. I'm also not gonna bother with writing out the stats for charged shots because that's too much work.

Stats (God help you)

Reveal hidden contents

Primary Fire

Ammo pool: Rifle
Fire Rate: 3.2s
Magazine: 15
Reload Time: 3.0s
Trigger: Charge

Normal attacks 

Damage: 130
    65 Puncture
    40 Impact
    25 Slash
Critical Chance: 20%
Critical Multiplier: 2.3x
Status Chance: 40%

Radial attacks

Damage: 90
40 Cold
50 Slash
Radius: 3m
Critical Chance: 20%
Critical Multiplier: 2.3x

Secondary:

Trigger: Semi
On Impact:

Damage: 10 slash
Critical Chance: 2%
Critical Multiplier: 2.0x
Status Chance: 2%
Projectile Speed: 40 m/s

Kyrkogrim Weapon”*

Range Limit: 30 m
 Fire Rate 1.0 round per sec
Accuracy 12.5
Magazine Size 80 rounds per mag
Reload Time 1.5 s Disposition
Total Damage 7 Cold
Crit Chance 4.00%
Crit Multiplier 2.0x
Status Chance 3.00%

“Kyrkogrim Explosion”

Damage: 200 Radiation
 Crit Chance 20%
Crit Multiplier 2.0x

*Note: I copypasted in the Artax’s stats and slightly tweaked them (It’s a siphon weapon. Why not?)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Bigredteletubby said:

@Fluffywolf36 I'm just happy I found this thread; some of these weapon designs are amazing! 

Thanks so much!

Originally the idea was "What are some niches that could be filled in Warframe from a gameplay perspective," which is why you see so many battle rifles, but right now it's me just sort of doing whatever I want. And adding lore.

And more revolvers.

(Seriously there's a lot of revolvers on this thread)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

I can vaguely remember some of Optimus' look but that has more to do with watching Transformers Prime tbh.  Hell, I'm lucky I remember Ironhide's vehicle mode. Sure can't remember what anyone else turns into.

They even butchered that with the wrong colour scheme 

Spoiler

latest

It has the right colours but they just much together instead of creating a good body segmentation like the clasical desings 

boneco_transformers_optimus_prime_20_cm_

or 

The newer version 

71uSmDfXbeL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

The nice and well segmented colour scheme that it manages to make this michel bayesk desing work because you have anchors ( gona to explain later what I mean by anchors )

I think there are 3 ways to make a overloaded desing work 

- anchors 

- segmentation 

- purpose 

What I mean by anchors , well anything your eyes can lock in and reconize as as the main shape the fist example is the third desing from optmus prime that despite all the detail is not eye sore because the nice and basic shape and colour scheme anchor you. Anothe example is tengen toppa gurrem lagan 

4075504-asd.png

The desing as oveloaded but humans can easily process face like structures and the colour scheme also makes a good job at highlighing and segmenting the desing.

The second way is uniform segmentation so your mind kind of just put the details in categories and reads all them at the same time 

de04hw4-ae5a0279-d4ef-46bf-a9fc-261cc923

Like most of the segments look the same here so I dont try to see them more into them just categorize them by rough shaoe 

The third way is meaning, There just a lot to look at . There is a lot going on but A the shapes and colous dont mesh , B there is beauty and meaning to see here when you close up 

tan-zhi-hui-final-submission-3.jpg?14850

amaxing art work by Than Zi Rhui 

ArtStation - Yūrei, Tan Zhi Hui

4 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

This one is from War for Cybertron, which was actively trying to meld the G1, Animated, and (to some extent) Michael Bay artstyles into a cohesive whole so it's not 1:1. 

It looks quite good 

Megaton jet just does not feel right , it has aeronimamic part but the whole does not seen so 

pOyxD.png

The weapon on the front look like they would break because they are not proper cone shaped also the ship has no nose . I can eat up a unaerodinaic desing on a alien ship but at has to go with I don´t care about air desing all the way trought. This desing just feels like it somewhat caerd about aerodinamic( looks like some kind off a water creature ) but it just does not own it ( like the flying brick of the Imperium of man ) 

Frankly speaking the michel bay desings for the tranformers is hust a mess to much meaninless deatials , bab colour schemes , no key desing elements ( it´s hard to know what turns into what because the lack clear shapes that carry over because every tranformer has athe desing of making a curve out of 30 squares ) , the colour schemes don´t helpe either. Frankly it feels like the entire desing was made so animators could flex their ability of showing a thousand spiny thing turining and moving on the screen in the midle of a moving body

Edited by keikogi
  • Like 1

Tenno ‘Reason’ Autorevolver
tenno__reason__autorevolver_by_fluffywol“When all else failed, the Orokin could always trust criminals to listen to Reason.

Specifically, the ‘Reason’ autorevolver, a favorite of Orokin-era law enforcement and tactical squads. It fires “sticky” rounds that explode into a burst of electricity upon detonation, which can be set to both contact and remote detonation.”

—CODEX

An ancestor of the Estampida, the Reason autorevolver has almost twice the fire rate, higher velocity, and two more shots…

...but lower-powered rounds, a slower reload, and increased mechanical complexity. Somewhat similar to a semiautomatic pistol, the entire receiver moves back and forth as it fires, revolving the cylinder.

Primary fire launches darts that release a radial electric burst on impact. Secondary fire delays the detonation until reload… or after a short period of inactivity, they explode on reloads,or if you use primary fire to shoot an enemy that’s been hit with stickies.

A Tenno armed with this weapon can control the battlefield in ways that few pistols can, creating improvised electric traps near choke points to stun enemies, shocking them and opening them up for headshots, turn enemies into walking bombs, and set up devastating combos capable of devastating entire rooms. Its ammunition also offers an unprecedented level of freedom to damage builds - do you want to have viral, fire, and radiation? Well, you can!

Recovered Orokin files from the Iapetus Dojo submerged in the Atgeir Ocean claim that this was originally designed as a less-lethal implement. One hopes that the voltage on these has been dialed up for combat purposes. 

One also hopes that the massive internal bleeding they cause was also a consequence of retooling them for combat purposes.

According to Haruka Lorne, the designer, these pistols often served as the primary weapon in all but name of Orokin tactical squads. These pistols were, simply put, monstrous when equipped with Hush in the Exilus slot.

Due to her dealings with Father, several crates of Reason autorevolvers were shipped to Deimos and various Infested zones - their high slash damage, and stun capacity made them extremely useful against Infested.

Stats

Fire rate: 6
Magazine: 8
Reload: 2.8s
Max Ammo: 210 rounds

Primary Fire

On Impact
Damage: 120

Non-Hitscan
Impact: 72
36 Slash
24 Puncture
12 Impact
Status Chance: 38%
Critical Chance: 16%

Radial:
Damage: 48
28 electric
12 Impact
8 Slash
Status Chance: 38%
Critical Chance: 16%
Blast Radius: 2.4m

Secondary Fire
Non-Hitscan

impact:

Damage: 15 Puncture
Status Chance: 15%
Critical Chance: 1%
Critical Multiplier: 1.5x
Explosion: 
Damage: 150
    20 Impact
    50 Slash
    80 Electricity
Critical Chance: 24%
Critical Multiplier: 2.8x
Blast Radius: 3m
Note: Increases damage for each sticky on an enemy.

Comparisons

Rounds travel faster than the Hiro, but the Hiro makes up for this with better crits, better status, and… uh…

Balancing is hard. 

Slower than all hitscan revolvers, but (assuming radial isn’t included in headshot damage) most hitscan sidearms do better on headshots.

This does better on bodyshots, but stuff from earlier in the thread like the Naga, Depezador, Makina, and especially the Estampida will blow past it in terms of headshot damage.

NOTES:

The general layout of this is heavily inspired by the Mateba!

I’m probably going to get someone *@##$ing me out for the reload mechanism. But in my defense, I’ve done 
everything. Except swing-out cylinders weirdly enough, but everyone’s used to that and we already have the Vasto and Pandero for that so eh. I’ve done that thing the OTS-38 does, I’ve done a loading gate, (and have another one planned) I’ve done whole cylinder replacement like the Wingman Elite, two top-break revolvers, flip-top like a Mauser Zig-Zag, and a side-break mechanism inspired by one of Beckett’s pistols from Solo. Specifically the one that people don’t think is as cool as the RSKF. It felt like high time I did my own thing.

Originally, primary fire was supposed to be a hitscan mode with punch-through and electric damage. There were, unfortunately, a few problems with that:

1. That steps on the toes of UN LOBITO, (guitar chord!) the next revolver I have planned. It’s… well. Think of it like a Jakobs revolver with overpenetration. That’s an oversimplification, but it’s close. Anyway, the ‘Reason’ would’ve stepped on its toes.

2. You couldn’t build for heat.

I had a Shower Thought™ and was struck by the realization that if I made it hitscan and added a more cumbersome non-hitscan secondary fire, nobody would use said secondary fire.  I mean… people still probably won’t, enemies in WF aren’t very durable, but at least this’ll make the secondary fire feel much less removed.

• Like 1

bad news everyone

my art computer is kind of borked at the moment because I fried it with the wrong cord, and my backup computer (for some reason) won't let me log into the forums. I try to log in from the forums, it sends me to the main Warframe website, and... it's not very fun to work with. The only other art computer's screen (which I am using) is also kind of borked, as I accidentally shattered part of it with my thumb.

It may be some time before I can post images of the quality you are used to. 

Which may not be all bad? I'm trying to puzzle out a Warframe idea, and come up with weapon ideas that don't fit a very specific crowd control niche (which isn't that much of a niche at this point, is it) so I might as well take some time to think on it.

• Like 1

On 2021-04-28 at 3:01 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

bad news everyone

my art computer is kind of borked at the moment because I fried it with the wrong cord, and my backup computer (for some reason) won't let me log into the forums. I try to log in from the forums, it sends me to the main Warframe website, and... it's not very fun to work with. The only other art computer's screen (which I am using) is also kind of borked, as I accidentally shattered part of it with my thumb.

It may be some time before I can post images of the quality you are used to. 

Which may not be all bad? I'm trying to puzzle out a Warframe idea, and come up with weapon ideas that don't fit a very specific crowd control niche (which isn't that much of a niche at this point, is it) so I might as well take some time to think on it.

How about a railjack themed warframe, like have a warframe with abilities that can buff and help the railjack, and are useful outside of railjack. Also its styled after the sigma items and nautilus sentinel.