Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fluffy's warframe concepts - weapons and enemies! (Newest concept - 𝑻𝒆𝒏𝒏𝒐 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑺𝒉𝒐𝒕𝒈𝒖𝒏!!)

(XBOX)Fluffywolf36

2017/10/2 PM11点41分 , (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 说:

tenno__proxima__grenade_launcher_by_haru

"Proxima" grenade launcher:

"This Tenno grenade launcher has two firing modes - sticky proximity mines, and bouncing grenades that detonate upon rolling to a compete stop or within a certain radius of an enemy. It does blast damage and slash damage, with very high status chance."

Shamelessly inspired by the Sheng Long grenade launcher from Shadow Warrior.

STATS

Noise: SIlent
Fire Rate: 2.6s
Magazine: 6

Reload Speed: 3.0s
Damage: 330
150 Blast
120 Slash
60 Impact
Critical Chance: 35%
Critical Multiplier: 2.6x
Status Chance: 20%

Blast Radius: 4.0m

Edit: Personally, the top version is my favorite. It feels just sleek enough to be Tenno.

Nice, a grenade launcher, it sounds great.

I have an idea, if you press the middle mouse button when you can empty the whole magazine at once,would it be cool.

20 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Ehhh, most of the material that could contradict me probably hasn't been published yet. Only issue is the Emesis gun's uninfested parts look sort of like a Necron gun, not like the aesthetic I was going for here.

infested__emesis__bioplasma_gun_by_fluff

Maybe I can just handwave it by saying the Infestation warped its shape...

A little of both tbh. The more fuzzy half is meant to be contained in a tube, kinda like Necron weapons. the other, more solid one... was mostly intended to be a barrel. It's just lime green so it doesn't blend in with the rest of the outline.

AH, much like the Ogris modification of yore, back when they had to tweak it and it’s spawn, the Torid! It could be that this is when it hits the “overtaken” stage, the way the Quanta has a normal production model, a halfway cyborg, then a full blown molecular mutant.

Perhaps this leaves room for a halfway model of your own?

It certainly gives me a thought of filling in a few halfway-points in the Infested range, though, I still need to finish my other weapons first. My thrice demed muse keeps demanding my attention over in my Warhammer Squat doc, yet I feel such sorrow at how neglected my Pit has been. It’s frustrating that said muse seems to be impossible to redirect without completely draining my passionate fervor. Used to be, when the Pit was my only canvas, that my muse merely dragged me in one direction or another around the Warframeaverse, but, after expansion into other worlds, she/he/it/they has/have been dragging me through the cracks between worlds, hither and thither.

AH, a combination placeholder-feature mock-up! Gotcha!

Edited by Unus

8 hours ago, qq2624790014 said:

Nice, a grenade launcher, it sounds great.

I have MORE grenade launchers on this thread. There's even one that's full-auto!

But this was always intended to be like.... my perfect grenade launcher. I like proximity mines, I like pulling silly grenade bounce tricks with (usually) hand grenades, and I like responsive launchers that explode on whatever they hit. So the Proxima can do both. You can create sticky bomb traps with it at chokepoints, you just aim at a crowd and don't think about it, and you can pull off trickshots. Fun stuff. 

Sadly, I can't do the middle mouse button thing on the Proxima cause... well. That's what the altfire does. It switches the ammo from sticky to bouncy.

But I think I will do that later. Probably on a Grineer nade launcher. That... definitely, definitely seems like something they'd do.

1 hour ago, Unus said:

It could be that this is when it hits the “overtaken” stage, the way the Quanta has a normal production model, a halfway cyborg, then a full blown molecular mutant.

That is basically what I was going for, yup. Only issue is I feel like I backed myself into a corner by taking too much inspiration from Death Guard plasma guns,and this was before I started seizing on the idea of the Vaulters as meant to feel sort of contemporary.

Ah, well. WF is full of Early Installment Weirdness with its firearms. Like the Viper. That almost doesn't look like a Grineer gun. It's not very bulbous, it doesn't look like it was grown from a mass of vaguely gun-shaped tumors. 

Lately, I was thinking I might take inspiration from stuff like this to make Vaulter stuff. Might end up looking kind of like Ganymedean guns, but I feel like I'll be good as long as I remember that the important part with Ganymede guns is that they're meant to look vaguely Corpus, with more polymer - and only resembling modern weaponry through sheer coincidence.

(Possible vaulter inspo here)

Spoiler

C.A.R.SMG Legendary Skins leaked! : r/ApexUncovered

lGCmdSK.png

Like, they look almost modern and tactical, there's recognizable parts, but there's just something.... off.

1 hour ago, Unus said:

AH, a combination placeholder-feature mock-up! Gotcha!

It's been a surprisingly helpful approach. I can reincorporate old parts without having to rework them, it helps me nail down the silhouette, and gives me more space to change up the design on the fly.

Infested 'Vapocyst' Bioplasma Launcher

A smaller, pistolized version of the ‘Emesis’ launcher. This fires in full-auto, making it essentially an explosive machine pistol.  This is at the cost of reduced damage and high recoil. Aiming down sights for a short period of time still shoots out an overcharged 3-round burst, however.”

Special Traits:
Concentrator - Aiming down sights for a short period (0.35 seconds) increases the velocity and damage of projectiles by 33%, and fire rate and crit by 50%.

infested__vapocyst__bioplasma_pistol_by_

Lore

Another Vaulter firearm, I think. I’m looking over the uninfested portions, and it looks like… like it’s not supposed to look this rounded. I got my hands on an original receiver for one of these Vaulter guns, and it has much harder angles.

This looks half-melted.”

--Father

A pistolized version  of the ‘Emesis’ bioplasma launcher, and a post-Old War attempt by Haruka Lorne and Father to explore Vaulter technology using a captive Helminth strain. The result is the Vapocyst, a full-auto bioplasma launcher that can be wielded in one hand.

In addition to exploring Vaulter plasma tech, it was another attempt at replicating the Emesis - or rather, a similar weapon resembling a downscaled Emesis. 

This weapon boasts an increased magazine size, increased fire rate, and full-auto fire, creating (much to the joy of various Tenno) an explosive machine pistol. This is at the cost of being non-hitscan, but hey. Can’t have everything.

Much like the Quatz, it’s burstfire while you aim. The reason for this is unknown, possibly some artifact of the Emesis’ mechanics.

Dr. Judau Torris: “I grew up on fragments of Anonymous Ion from the Bidanian Rebs, back on Iapetus. Even as… hell, even as some of the Corpus merchants said it was all fiction. Idiots.”
Father: “Definitely. I’ve been stealing of their Weave broadcasts-”
Dr. Loos Kanageyan: “...how?”
Father: “It just uses a bootleg of Orokin system architecture, just dumber. There’s probably backdoors in it that predate spaceflight. And back in my day, well… there wasn’t a Corpus that wouldn’t have wanted the Orokin to get filleted like a Yogwun.”
Dr. Judau Torris: “I assume that’s some kind of fish.”
Father: “Correct. It’s not important. Anyway. You were both curious about Vaulter technology?”
Dr. Loos Kanageyan: “Yes, yes we were. Is it really that much better than Corpus tech?”
Father: “Right. There’s a stereotype now that archeotech is always better. In this case, that’s… half-true. It’s not quite built for modern levels of overkill, but it’s in a smaller, lighter, more reliable platform. Something from the proto-Orokin era had the Vaulters scared, I have no idea. Might’ve been the Oeizu, might’ve even been the Orokin, might’ve been just… the idea of life without the Orokin. Think of this thing as a Tenno revolver to a Corpus beam pistol - the revolver is less effective in some ways, but it has staggering amounts of firing power. Sometimes literally.”
Dr. Torris: “So… what does this one do?”
Father: “I have a reconstructed prototype in one of my uninfested bolt-holes. I think it, uh.... It fires a beam of plasma intended to melt armor. The Infested spores knew to copy, but they only half-understood it, so firing plasmoids was a stopgap for working with the extant machinery.

STATS

Hipfire

Trigger: Auto
Fire Rate: 4.5
Magazine: 27
Max Ammo: 54
Non-hitscan
 Total Damage: 69 (nice) 

On Impact:

Damage: 33
     Puncture: 11
Heat: 22 
Status Chance: 40%
Critical Multiplier: 2.4x
Status Chance: 16%

Radial

Damage: 36
Impact: 12
Gas: 24
Status Chance: 40%
Critical Multiplier: 2.4x
Blast Radius: 3m

Aimed

Trigger: Burst
    Burst Count: 3
Fire Rate: 
  Uncharged: 4.6
    Charged: 6.9
Magazine: 27
Max Ammo: 81
Non-hitscan

Total Damage: 69 (nice) 

Artist Notes

I was going to be posting a revolver today. But I was looking over what I’ve posted lately, and… most of my recent pistols have been Tenno. Wanted to do something different. I still have the revolver up, I just wanted to take a break to do something a little different. Break things up.

I find myself in a minor aesthetic conundrum here. The Vaulters, the people who made this… I’ve found myself wanting them to feel contemporary, but trying to un-infest this made it look too…

Well. It looked kinda like someone trying to make steampunk necron weaponry. Which is cool, but not quite something I see myself going for here.

This might be a bit broken, but hey. It’s an explosive machine pistol. Neat, huh? Let’s just… say it has Doom 2016 Plasma Rifle-like velocity to balance some of it out.

Also, I felt like I had to do something to celebrate the New War. Speaking of which, congratulations on New War to anyone from DE who may be reading this! You knocked it out of the park and past an entirely different park. I speak no hyperbole when I say that this genuinely felt like it could be another game all on its own. We went from an epic space battle, to three entirely different gameplay styles (tactical shooter, puzzle solving, Teshin) to stealth shooter armed with a badass bow, to BACK TO WARFRAME TIME BABY. And that's not even touching on the most awesome part where you get on THAT SHIP.
Edited by (XBOX)Fluffywolf36
  • Like 3

SNEAK PEEK of upcoming LORE:

So. I spent.... the last two hours or so cleaning my bedroom, bathroom, and living room, making my bed, giving my stuffed animals a bath (well. I only left one in the washing machine on accident. Still, he's clean now, so that's good!) like a responsible goddamn adult. And, as often happens when I am trying to be a responsible goddamn adult, I ended up getting distracted and continually needing to yank myself back into focus. 

And as often happens before I need to yank myself back into focus, I found myself thinking on some WF lore, as directly dealing with an Origin System that is post-N█̷̛̛͙̮̞̻̹̳̝͎̗͙͕̩̈͌̈̏͗̆͑͂͊̍̌̍̔█̶̡̧̙̱͇̠͚̱̜̮̘̬̄̈́̋͊̂̌̓̓̽̄͛͌̂͗̉̀̓̉̌͒̏̈͜͝█̸̡̺̻͎̠̗̟̲̯̪͉͍̣̹̙͇̘̹͈͕͖̝̊̀̎̃̂̀̀͑̑̍̌█̵̡͉͕̩͚̤̃͑͋̒̅́̏̅̑̽̈́̋͘█̷̡̢̧͍̲̭̙͚͎̖͚̮͎̦͎̟̗̒́̑̔̐̉̆̕͜ͅ. So here's some headcanons I'll use from now on, along with assorted other information.

Also, uh... spoilers if you have not played New War.

The important parts are in bold.

Spoiler

1. Narmer, while experiencing a meteoric rise.... did not entirely take over the Origin System. As made clear by the fact that some stuff is just business as usual now - the Queens are still extant, Granum is still extant, they both clearly field fighting forces. Headcanon here is that while Narmer made extraordinary strides in conquering the Origin System, both forces maintained at least some territory, fighting a losing battle due to Narmer's ability to convert populations while armed with the godlike archeotech of the Sentients and Orokin.
  2.  I'm not really sure how long Narmer lasted. Clearly it was long enough for the terraforming of the Vallis to make progress, but not long enough for Konzu to have died of old age. I'm just going to say it was "a blink in the eye compared to the other empires of the Origin System" because DE has never set out a hard limit for how long anything's lasted. So neither will I.
  3. Deimos aVOIDed (=D) Narmer by phasing back into the Void. I can't see them wanting to aid the Corpus or Grineer (do you want Grineer armed with Sepulcrums? cause I don't, even though I have a gun that is totally a Grineer sepulcrum)  so they fled Narmer by phasing Deimos back into the Void.
    1. I might actually use this to explain that one Entrati pistol I have in progress. Here's a hypothetical message you might get from them.
      Vilcor: "Hello,  dear Ayatan/Tenno. We all missed you. Apparently, a mad Orokin tried to take over the Origin System. Again."
      Kermerros: "If I had a ducat for every time that happened, I'd have... three ducats. Which isn't a lot, but it's weird it happened three times.*"
      Grandmother: "It really isn't."
      Gomaitru: "Quite right. Really, though - we all missed you. It wasn't the same without you. And while I do appreciate hearing my old name... well. I think I prefer to be Gonaitru. It's an excellent name for a new start."
      Kaelli: "Cooking without your ingredients just didn't feel right."
      Gomaitru: "We do owe you a debt of gratitude - without your work to bring us together, this extended stay in the Void might've been as bad as last time."
      Kermerros: "If not worse."
      Vilcor: "Anyway. I was working on something while you were gone."
      Gomaitru: "We all were. We all have presents for our favorite Tenno, now that Narmer is gone, and we're back - just in time for Tennobaum. My husband built you another gun, of course, but... we'd prefer you came here to see all of our gifts."
    2. Vilcor's Gift:
      Spoiler

Entrati 'Catafalque' Pistol

ImageDesigned as the Entrati hid during the rise of Narmer, this pistol works as something of a mid-road between the Ossuaire and Sepulcrum. It does less damage than both, though it boasts a predictable, high-velocity two-round burst that can be charged for extra damage.

Unlike both of them, it fires solid rounds loaded with corrosive acids, contained within a thin vial spaceship-grade window material. This shatters on impact, lacerating the body with armor-melting acids and shards of glass"

DISCLAIMER FROM FLUFFY: I AM UNSURE THAT IS HOW THAT WORKS.

4. I came up with a character for a Narmer faction: Pontus Jenaidus. Or... Chinaidus. There was definitely a J or CH sound. It's inspired by the name of a one-off character from an episode of The Wrong Station Podcast season six, "The Dagger or the Poisoned Chalice," and I do not know how to spell it.  Jenaidus serves as the spiritual leader of the largest group of Narmer remnants, and they're dangerous because they understand all the lies from Ballas.

They just don't care. And they know how to spin it into a kind of truth.
    1. The Testaments of Jenaidus: "Lo, though the Tenno and Betrayers may call us liars, one must ask themselves:

Why must their truth matter?

For whatever happened behind the mists of history... it was Ballas who delivered us from the warforms of the Grineer, from the False Profits of the Corpus. It was Ballas who smote the Infested and drove back the cults of Arlo and their poisoned communion. It was Ballas, who through strength of will brought the strongest, most stable and benevolent empire in the Origin System. It was under the guidance of Ballas that the Orb Vallis experienced the beginnings of a verdant spring. It was Ballas who showed us all a world beyond the petty wars and struggles over the masticated table scraps of the Orokin, who reached for Godhood and grasped it in their right hands.

And it was by the hands of the Tenno and Lotus that our father Ballas, he who brought love to us in a loveless world, was slain.

Damnation to the Tenno, for taking this from us. It is by the hand of Ballas that we shall liberate the Origin System from the vultures that partake of the Orokin Empire's corpse!

5. I guess I can make that green-and-brass pistol idea I had into a Narmer weapon. I think I will do that, actually. Why not. It looks halfway between Orokin and Sentient already. Probably can't make it green, though.
    1. Spoiler

Narmer "Ikem" Particle Pistol

Screenshot_149.png?width=961&height=541

"A sidearm for the guards of high-ranking Narmer officials, built from Sentient and orokin technology. This weapon fires a steadily intensifying burst of exotic  particles, superconducted by exploiting that inherent flaw within Sentient nano-substrate."

• Like 2

This is sort of continued from the last post. But because I'm bored and having some coffee with mom, I decided to write out some ideas for... the SPOILER FACTION

Spoiler

"Here's the difficult part about Narmer. For a short period of time, they had access to the best technology from every rock they conquered. Then you lot killed their attack dogs, un-converted their adherents, sicced the Unum on them, and threw their navy into the sun - Ballas first. 

So now unlike everyone else in the System, they've got everything but manpower. But they've also got a way to make anyone see things their way, and tell you what to think. They're desperate. I don't know what they'll do next - Void, even they don't know. That's what makes them dangerous. "
--Nora Night

1.  Make them feel like Sentient-themed Corrupted - a mix of enemies from each faction (except Infested) with lots of oranges and reds. And support them with various Sentient and Amalgam units. You could have lots of Grineer Narmer, even (seemingly) Ostron, Solaris, and certain "human" models meant to look more civilian-ish.
    1. Considering that I guess I'm making them an outlaw cult, I wonder if I could have a cult war between Infested Cultists and Narmer Cultists. Heh. I could have an event like the old Gradivus Dilemma where there's three "tiers" of success for the event. First tier is that you secured Infested victory (the absolute worst outcome). Second tier is Narmer. Highest tier is that you screwed them both over. It's sort of anti-Gradivus in that you're not being forced to choose between terrible options, you're actively doing your best to screw everyone.
    2. Ayyy @Teoarrk what do you think of this? CULT WAR lol
  2. Spice up some of the bounties by mixing and matching the Narmer units you see them using. I could fight Narmer Grineer in the Orb Vallis.
  3. Include some Narmer nodes or Narmer alerts similar to Kuva missions, or have Narmer invasion as a mechanic during mission. so you can still kill them. Juuuust to rub a little salt in the wound for Ballas. I really like the idea of doing that. Even if he's probably deader than dead.
    1. Some of these nodes could be on Venus. That'd be neat.

I also came up with enemy designs:

Narmer 'Entheotek'
"This Narmer official, rewarded for willingly following Ballas without the need for a Veil, is equipped with a special Command Veil that can project terrifying, rage-inducing images into the Veils of their subordinates, increasing their combat effectiveness tenfold."

Narmer 'Repentilyst'
"These tortured, twisted souls have been twisted by Amalgam technology stolen from Alad V, and marked by the high echelons of Narmer as needing to 'repent' for some kind of transgression against Ballas. Perhaps they somehow attempted to escape, perhaps they were brave souls that fought against Narmer. Whatever the case, forgotten and forbidden Orokin science allows them to take a percentage of damage from those Narmer surrounding them. The more damage they take, the more dangerous they can become, mutating into a rampaging Amalgam monstrosity after critical mass of damage has been reached."

• Like 1

8 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

This is sort of continued from the last post. But because I'm bored and having some coffee with mom, I decided to write out some ideas for... the SPOILER FACTION

Hide contents

"Here's the difficult part about Narmer. For a short period of time, they had access to the best technology from every rock they conquered. Then you lot killed their attack dogs, un-converted their adherents, sicced the Unum on them, and threw their navy into the sun - Ballas first. 

So now unlike everyone else in the System, they've got everything but manpower. But they've also got a way to make anyone see things their way, and tell you what to think. They're desperate. I don't know what they'll do next - Void, even they don't know. That's what makes them dangerous. "
--Nora Night

1.  Make them feel like Sentient-themed Corrupted - a mix of enemies from each faction (except Infested) with lots of oranges and reds. And support them with various Sentient and Amalgam units. You could have lots of Grineer Narmer, even (seemingly) Ostron, Solaris, and certain "human" models meant to look more civilian-ish.
    1. Considering that I guess I'm making them an outlaw cult, I wonder if I could have a cult war between Infested Cultists and Narmer Cultists. Heh. I could have an event like the old Gradivus Dilemma where there's three "tiers" of success for the event. First tier is that you secured Infested victory (the absolute worst outcome). Second tier is Narmer. Highest tier is that you screwed them both over. It's sort of anti-Gradivus in that you're not being forced to choose between terrible options, you're actively doing your best to screw everyone.
  2. Spice up some of the bounties by mixing and matching the Narmer units you see them using. I could fight Narmer Grineer in the Orb Vallis.
  3. Include some Narmer nodes or Narmer alerts similar to Kuva missions, or have Narmer invasion as a mechanic during mission. so you can still kill them. Juuuust to rub a little salt in the wound for Ballas. I really like the idea of doing that. Even if he's probably deader than dead.

Narmer 'Entheotek'
"This Narmer official, rewarded for willingly following Ballas without the need for a Veil, is equipped with a special Command Veil that can project terrifying, rage-inducing images into the Veils of their subordinates, increasing their combat effectiveness tenfold."

Narmer 'Repentilyst'
"These tortured, twisted souls have been twisted by Amalgam technology stolen from Alad V, and marked by the high echelons of Narmer as needing to 'repent' for some kind of transgression against Ballas. Perhaps they somehow attempted to escape, perhaps they were brave souls that fought against Narmer. Whatever the case, forgotten and forbidden Orokin science allows them to take a percentage of damage from those Narmer surrounding them. The more damage they take, the more dangerous they can become, mutating into a rampaging Amalgam monstrosity after critical mass of damage has been reached."

Both this and the previous post sound brilliant. I look forward to seeing the full thing. Godspeed and happy holidays :)

• Like 1

tl;dr….

ok kind of a lie, I skimmed through it and only looked at the pictures…..

also kind of a lie I spent 3 hours looking at some small parts of the text too…

ALSO A LIE…. I JUST RED THE IMPORTANT PARTS OF IDEA.

10 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Hide contents

--Nora Night

Narmer 'Entheotek'

Narmer 'Repentilyst'

You been doing these ideas since 2017? Damn…. 

Summed up:

The effort and the detail you put into each weapon is really amazing… not very surprised by the 69 pages. 

As for the art…

GR8 art M8, I R8 a 8/8

• Like 1

On 2021-11-08 at 2:48 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Cursed Moon 'Oscilla Rifle'

cursed_moon__oscilla__rifle_by_fluffywol

“Military-grade Cursed Moon that automatically fires oscillating bursts of volatile quasiparticles. According to data archeologists, it was built in great numbers for a population far exceeding the theorized population of the Cursed Moon.

Which explains why so many Tenno have one.”

--Codex

Lore

It’s difficult to classify the Oscilla. The power of a single trigger pull calls to mind a battle rifle, but it’s burstfire and requires you to be on target for maximum damage. But it also cycles these bursts automatically, with a noticeable burst delay. And the final, most damaging percentage of the burst deals moderate area of effect damage.

This weapon also has punch-through, and the explosion will trigger on whatever it hits. 

So what is it? Explosive? Battle rifle? Assault rifle? Who knows?!

That aside, the simplest explanation is that it works like the Dziewannan ‘Dzida’ beam sniper, trading power for reliability. Except you don’t have to take your finger off the trigger between bursts. (ooc: which means that basically, imagine the Charge Rifle from Apex Legends if it had the auto burst trigger. Which, for those of you who don’t know, is the trigger on the Battacor.)

It also has some recoil when the final segment of the burst is fired.

The discovery of the Oscilla is a strange one. After retrieving a Dhoul from the Cursed Moon, the Tenno Yassin took his fellow squad members - Haruka Lorne, Ginebra, and Thane McCrinn - on an expedition. Yassin had been telling his fellow Tenno how rare it is to find an intact, functioning, perfectly preserved weapon, so they should just expect to find scattered, broken weapons with easily salvaged parts that could be frankengun’ed together…

At which point they found a stasis-sealed room full of Oscilla Rifles. They locked down the room to transfer them up to the waiting railjack, which triggered a vigorous, bloody defense of the room. According to Ginebra, the things that attacked them looked like… people half-melted into each other, with multiple faces or mouths or eyes melted into each other. Two, three, even four sets of people seemed to be melded together into bloblike “crawlers” or even charging too-wide or too-tall things with multiple arms, each clutching firearms. Some of them seemed to have once been Grineer or Corpus.

As with most things about the Cursed Moon, the Oscilla’s origins are shrouded in mystery. It has a number of similarities with the Dziewannan  ‘Dzida’ beam rifle, as both boast a skeletonized design, both fire a volatile particle beam, and both act similar to the Opticor. The difference being that the Dzida is meant to act like an anti-materiel rifle.

This suggests early trade with the Dziewannans, that perhaps one of them introduced the technology and both began utilizing it. Or (as is typical for those of Dziewanna) the design was introduced to them and, in a desperate bid for more power, they began brute-force engineering it into an antimateriel rifle.

This all underpins one key fact: There’s a lot of Oscilla rifles, which seem to have been produced in quantities that exceed the proposed population of the Cursed Moon.  It’s theorized that it was meant as a Cursed Moon equivalent to weapons such as the Tenno Avakan, Grineer Karak, or Elysium rifle. That is to say, an ultra-reliable weapon that could be given to fighters that had never used anything more advanced than an unpowered knife.

Which sure explains why so many Tenno seem to have one.

These Oscilla rifles are kept in the armory at the Tenno Relay Alliance Cursed Moon Outpost, which enjoys a non-aggression pact with the Corpus Outpost due to both stations knowing that if the Cursed Moon becomes volatile, they’ll need help from each other. These rifles are available to anyone who earns enough credit or reputation with the Cursed Moon Outpost.

Also, instead of reloading, it has a cooldown period where it vents... steam or something and makes a deep thrumming noise. I have no idea how to reload this.

Stats:

Notes: the final “Charged shot” has slight vertical recoil. Slightly more than the Dex Sybaris, but less than the Sybaris Prime.

general

Trigger: I don’t know how to describe this. Auto-burst-charge? Regular old auto-burst? I wouldn’t know! I used to have DREAMS, guys, but NO, I can’t work on that urban fantasy novel because I have no time management skills and I’m overloaded with [REDACTED] jobs, which… actually make money, so it’s not so bad
Magazine: 60
Burst Delay: 0.14s
Burst Rate: 3.8
Reload: 2s

Uncharged: (x4 ticks, consumes 2 ammo)

Damage: 14(x4)
7 Radiation
4 Slash
3 Puncture
Critical Chance: 28%
Critical Multiplier: 2.1x
Status Chance: 24%
Punch-Through: 0.8m

Charged (consumes 1 ammo)

Damage: 56
24 Radiation
16 Slash
12 Puncture
Punch-Through: 1.6m

Area Attacks:

Damage: 42
28 Slash
14 Radiation
Radius: 1.2m

Artist Notes

So, you noticed this looks very different from my normal oeuvre. And the reason why is simple: I already had a vision, one that was filled pretty neatly by some extant stuff that I googled while looking for references. I’d copied parts of the silhouettes wholesale, and I’d tried to put together a mockup,. And, as usually happens when I make mockups or joking names, it took on a life of its own and it was too much trouble to create something new. I was like “You know, this’ll take too much time to actually draw when i can just photobash it together, why not?”

If you’re wondering, the two props used are an alien prop weapon from Defiance, and what I think is a Predator rifle prop.

As you'd expect, yes, Giger was an influence.

My favorite looking one though.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Teoarrk said:

Both this and the previous post sound brilliant. I look forward to seeing the full thing. Godspeed and happy holidays :)

Thanks so much, dood As for the full post, well... that was the full post, at least until I make more...

Spoiler

okay, fok it, from now on Narmer is going to be typed out Na██████ on this thread, there isn't a simple "block out text" option like on spacebattles.

Na██████ content.  I'll probably post some more when I make that gun belonging to Archdeacon... Chenaidus? Ginaidus? Uuuugh I wish I knew how to spell that.

Happy holidays to you too! Thanks so much.

6 hours ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

You been doing these ideas since 2017? Damn…. 

Yup! It'd be a thankless job if not for @Unus, to whom I owe so much. And of course, I couldn't have done it without

viewerslikeyou_9547.jpg

The effort and the detail you put into each weapon is really amazing… not very surprised by the 69 pages. 

Nice, huh? :P

My favorite looking one though.

Thanks so much! Cursed Moon weapons are super fun for me to draw, cause I can just go as Giger as I want and do functionally anything. It's great.

Also, normally I don't do this, but here's some finished art of the next gun. I'm not actually sure what it does, but I figure it's harmless cause I don't quite know what it does yet.

not_the_absolvor_pistol_at_all.png?width

• Like 3

5 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Thanks so much, dood As for the full post, well... that was the full post, at least until I make more...

Hide contents

okay, fok it, from now on Narmer is going to be typed out Na██████ on this thread, there isn't a simple "block out text" option like on spacebattles.

Na██████ content.  I'll probably post some more when I make that gun belonging to Archdeacon... Chenaidus? Ginaidus? Uuuugh I wish I knew how to spell that.

Happy holidays to you too! Thanks so much.

Yup! It'd be a thankless job if not for @Unus, to whom I owe so much. And of course, I couldn't have done it without

viewerslikeyou_9547.jpg

Nice, huh? :P

Thanks so much! Cursed Moon weapons are super fun for me to draw, cause I can just go as Giger as I want and do functionally anything. It's great.

Also, normally I don't do this, but here's some finished art of the next gun. I'm not actually sure what it does, but I figure it's harmless cause I don't quite know what it does yet.

not_the_absolvor_pistol_at_all.png?width

Is fshooom the name of the gun? Or the sound Effect?

Tenno 'Haoma' Assault Rifle

“Assault rifle with four-round bust and full auto. Boasts high weakpoint damage, controllable recoil, and excellent crit.”
–Codex

tenno__haoma__assault_rifle__retouching_

(version 3 of art. Now you can fire while prone!)

Special Traits:
+50% Bonus Headshot Damage
Kills refill 8% of mag.

Lore

A simplified derivative of the Soma, part of the same project that created the Somesha (a SOMA PATTERN AUTOSHOTGUN YEAH BOYIEEEEEE). Unlike other weapons in the Soma family, it doesn’t boast the unique harmonica mag or spooling trigger.

It does, however, boast the unique stats you’d expect of the Soma series - poor status, and such high crit that its armor-piercing rounds can punch out a devastating one-shot kill, even when they really shouldn’t be able to do so. 

The Haoma can be considered a sidegrade to the Stradavar Prime. While the Stradavar has higher base damage and a more ammo-efficient, immediate altfire, the Haoma is great for saturating enemies with a hail of bullets.

It also has more manageable recoil and accuracy, owing to its low bore axis and tilted receiver. The receiver is angled at 7 degrees to the barrel, giving an element of braking to the bolt, and also resisting the upward movement of the barrel during fully automatic fire. This also virtually eliminates muzzle climb. It’s not entirely gone, however, as the muzzle steadily begins to climb upwards between the sixth and eighth rounds fired. This is, however, completely negated by burst mode, which fires the rounds just slightly faster, enough that it’s almost guaranteed all shots will be on target.

The best way to use the Haoma is as a DMR that happens to fire low-caliber rounds in full auto, aiming for heads or other weakpoints and letting loose. This is reinforced by the fact that it has traits more suitable to a semiautomatic battle rifle, such as its accuracy and extreme damage against weak points in enemies.  Using an advanced Void something-or-other, kills with this weapon refill 8% of the mag.

This last modification was not common during the Old War - it was an innovation that became more common as the Old War ended, and was made universal after the Tenno Wakening.

Due to its low recoil and rate of fire, the Haoma is often nicknamed the ‘beamer,’ a confusing nickname considering how many Tenno have used actual beam weapons. The confusion evaporates as soon as said Tenno put a Haoma to work and mow down enemies.

It may not have punch-through. But Tenno don’t need punch-through (you can add it if you want. Why not, right) on this weapon, as long as they have great aim.

On a funny note, the stock actually folds when it’s stowed on a Tenno’s back. It always ejects out of the side that the stock isn’t folded onto.

Stats

Magazine: 80
Rate Of Fire: 11.25
Reload: 2.6s

Full Auto

Damage: 24
12 Slash
8 Puncture
4 Impact
Status Chance: 12%
Critical Chance: 30%
Critical Multiplier: 3.0x
Headshot Multiplier: 4.5x

Burst

Burst Count: 4
Burst Delay: 0.1s
Burst Rate: 11.25
Damage: 40
21 Slash
13 Puncture
6 Impact
Critical Chance: 36%
Headshot Multiplier: 4.5x

Artist Notes:

Originally, this had a trait that made it cause explosions on headshot kills. That... is something I'll do at a later date. As it is, refilling the mag felt like a much more normal, understated way to do this.

Aesthetically, the biggest inspiration for this was the Soma, (obviously) though there’s a lot of influence from both the R201 assault rifle. The angled receiver is inspired by the Jatimatic! I have no idea if this makes any kind of sense on an assault rifle, I just did this because it was funny.

Mechanically, it has more in common with the L36 Halberd from Aliens Fireteam. The devs gave it 2.5x headshot damage, meaning that it can punch surprisingly far above its weight (the Pulse Rifle is still my favorite. Because come on. It’s Aliens.) assuming you keep landing headshots. However, muzzle climb is a thing, so you can’t just beam enemies with unceasing headshots. This is, after all, the franchise that gave us the phrase “short, controlled bursts.”

There was one other thing: We don't have an assault rifle where you just tap the altfire key to switch from burst to full auto. I mean, we have the Kuva Hind and Tiberon Prime, but I don't like having to switch past semi or auto to get to the mode I want. We've also got the Quartakk, but that doesn't use the altfire button. 

I wanted to make it nearly recoilless, but I didn’t think it was a good idea. So I stopped. I’m not exactly sure when the muzzle climb might set in, but it’s important that it exists. 

And yes, I know some of you want that Entrati gun. That’ll come next. Then a revolver, which I have put off for FAR TOO LONG.

I’ll work on pony art and fanfic in the meantime.

• Like 1

Entrati 'Absoute' Pistol

Entrati 'Absoute' Pistol

Tenno/Entrati ‘Absoute’ Pistol
“Rediscovered by Father during the N█̷̛̛͙̮̞̻̹̳̝͎̗͙͕̩̈͌̈̏͗̆͑͂͊̍̌̍̔█̶̡̧̙̱͇̠͚̱̜̮̘̬̄̈́̋͊̂̌̓̓̽̄͛͌̂͗̉̀̓̉̌͒̏̈͜͝█̸̡̺̻͎̠̗̟̲̯̪͉͍̣̹̙͇̘̹͈͕͖̝̊̀̎̃̂̀̀͑̑̍̌█̵̡͉͕̩͚̤̃͑͋̒̅́̏̅̑̽̈́̋͘█̷̡̢̧͍̲̭̙͚͎̖͚̮͎̦͎̟̗̒́̑̔̐̉̆̕͜ͅ uprising by Father; and presented as a gift for loyal Tenno if they were ever to meet again and rally together. 

Despite its baroque, archaic appearance, it’s as far removed from modern Corpus weaponry as a Tenno revolver is from a flintlock. Primary fire uses magnetic coils to hurl a plasmoid at high speed through any object in its path, punching through armor and organic targets and leaving a small explosion on whatever it hits. 

Hold the trigger to overcharge it for higher velocity, blast radius, and damage.”

Lore

Not all Tenno were thrown into the void during the New War. Some escaped the march of N█̷̛̛͙̮̞̻̹̳̝͎̗͙͕̩̈͌̈̏͗̆͑͂͊̍̌̍̔█̶̡̧̙̱͇̠͚̱̜̮̘̬̄̈́̋͊̂̌̓̓̽̄͛͌̂͗̉̀̓̉̌͒̏̈͜͝█̸̡̺̻͎̠̗̟̲̯̪͉͍̣̹̙͇̘̹͈͕͖̝̊̀̎̃̂̀̀͑̑̍̌█̵̡͉͕̩͚̤̃͑͋̒̅́̏̅̑̽̈́̋͘█̷̡̢̧͍̲̭̙͚͎̖͚̮͎̦͎̟̗̒́̑̔̐̉̆̕͜ͅ or found themselves ostracized, and hid in the Wide Black between planets. Others, such as Haruka Lorne, Ginebra, Yassin, and Thane, retreated to Deimos, hiding in the shallows of the Void and attempting to marshal enough forces to beat back N█̷̛̛͙̮̞̻̹̳̝͎̗͙͕̩̈͌̈̏͗̆͑͂͊̍̌̍̔█̶̡̧̙̱͇̠͚̱̜̮̘̬̄̈́̋͊̂̌̓̓̽̄͛͌̂͗̉̀̓̉̌͒̏̈͜͝█̸̡̺̻͎̠̗̟̲̯̪͉͍̣̹̙͇̘̹͈͕͖̝̊̀̎̃̂̀̀͑̑̍̌█̵̡͉͕̩͚̤̃͑͋̒̅́̏̅̑̽̈́̋͘█̷̡̢̧͍̲̭̙͚͎̖͚̮͎̦͎̟̗̒́̑̔̐̉̆̕͜ͅ .

Mostly, they just spent a lot of time isolated, working on projects, enjoying some of Thane’s collection of archeological media, and building weapons to use against N█████ once the time came.

The Absoute… is not one of them. It was found hidden in a secret uninfested room in the Necralisk, which was itself hidden inside another secret room. This latter secret room was Infested.

It’s a weapon that truly puts the ‘cannon’ in ‘hand cannon,’ in the sense that it has more in common with artillery than a pistol. The idea of a weapon being ‘the most powerful’ in the Tenno arsenal is… subjective, to say the least. There’s just as many people that’ll use a Lex Prime as there are people who would use the Tombfinger, Sepulcrum, Naga, Estampida, or Depezador. There’s even plenty of people that even use the Vasto Prime for its ability to cause internal bleeding.

But if there was one that could shoot up to the top of the list by virtue of sheer devastation and could probably be mounted on a Railjack, it would be the Absoute.

It’s an advanced plasma gauss pistol, built using Orokin materials and Void-Iron that allow for an extreme level of power in a package the size of a pistol. Or, depending on your morphology, the size of a sawed-off shotgun. In the words of Father, it’s as far removed from a Corpus Lanka as a Tenno revolver is from a flintlock.

For starters, the Absoute uses a Railjack-grade Void Fresnel to fire a laser that ionizes the path of its projectile, while also creating a channel of localized weakness between reality and the void. The Absoute launches its plasma projectile through this area of volatile space, in and out of the underside of our reality. The result is a weapon that has a strange relationship with causality and time. Each object it hits is treated as one it could explode against, and one it could also penetrate. Therefore, and thusly, it does both, penetrating a total of 1.11 meters while exploding against anything it hits.

It can also be charged for 25% increased , velocity, and punch-through. I’m not statting that.

It also possesses a Siphon mode, which is charged by getting five kills. In Siphon mode, it fires an explosive projectile that splits into three homing explosives on impact. These then split into three more explosives (that do not home). 

So now you might be wondering: “Alright, then why is this a pistol?” Simply put, it was used as a testbed for various other technologies - an excuse for Father to do whatever he wanted and test any technology the Entrati could devise.

Perhaps owing to Tenno involvement from Haruka Lorne and Thane (both were cited as influences, much to Thane’s shock) it seems tailor-built to be used with unique mod configurations. 

Artist Notes: 

Fun fact: Originally, this ricochet’d on headshots. I then decided not to, on the basis that… well, it already penetrates and explodes, and has a ridiculous cluster bomb altfire that throws out ten explosions without multishot. Doing that would be way too much.

As those of you that’ve seen this already know, I actually drew this up before I knew what it did! All honesty, I just sort of started with the Absolvor bolt pistol given to various Primaris marines, and worked from there. Aesthetically, this is a combination of the Absolvor with the Relic Boltguns used by the Thunder Warriors, with some older parts I’ve made because… really, those parts were a nightmare to draw. I’m not redoing all of it if I don’t have to. The circles on the side are, as with many things I’ve done, a Trigun reference.

One suggestion from Lazerez the Terrible Tenno, on tumblr, was to call this the Mortorio. And while they were instrumental in this and guessed at a lot of my intentions (Chargeable trigger, high status, electricity) well…

I didn’t go with Mortorio. It felt a little too obvious and didn’t quite have the presence of other such weapons, like “Cromlech” “Cenotaph,” or “Yahrzeit”*. As the original idea for this was “Designed for use against N█████,” it felt right to have a more priestly name attached. See, ‘Absoute’ is a French word for a prayer for or a declaration of absolution of a dead person's sins that takes place at the person's religious funeral.  Using that against such a religious faction was too funny to ignore.

Most gun names here are puns or references. Like the Poyang, (which is a Chinese lake) the Hiro, (it’s a gyrojet… and a reference to greek Gyro sandwiches. Which is pronounced ‘hero’) the Naga, (which is both a joke on the Nagant and Colt’s naming scheme) or the Estampida. Which is just a Trigun reference.

God, I love Trigun.

*NOTE: the Sati is not included, on the basis that unlike ‘Cromlech’ the name does not come from it sounding cool. I just named it the Sati as a joke.

Comparison: Note - this travels about as fast as the Estampida from awhile back, and thus slower than the Largo pistol. I had to give the Largo an advantage somewhere.

...besides the more consistent orange crits, i mean.

Stats

• Trigger Type: Charge

• Ammo Type: Secondary

• Projectile 

• Magazine: 12

• Fire rate: 2.4

• Charge Time: 1s

• Reload: 3s

Primary Fire

• On Impact: 
  • Total Damage: 88
    • 44 Impact
    • 26.4 Slash
    • 17.6 Puncture
  • Critical Chance: 30%
  • Critical Multiplier: 2.4x
  • Status Chance: 30%

Radial: 

• Total Damage: 88
    • 52.8 Electricity
    • 26.4 Impact
    • 8.8 Slash
  • Critical Multiplier: 2.4x
  • Status Chance: 30%
  • Blast Radius: 2m
    • Charged: 3m

Secondary Fire (why do I do this to myself)

On Impact: 

• Total Damage: 80
  • 40 Puncture
  • 24 Slash
  • 16 Impact
  • Critical Multiplier: 2.2x
  • Status Chance: 40%

Radial:

• Damage: 160 electricity
  • Radius: 3m

Homing Bombs: 

• Total Damage: 80x3 (240)
  • 160 Impact
  • 80 Slash
  •  Critical Chance: 30%
  • Radius: 3m

Cluster Bombs:

• Total Damage: 240
  • 160 Electricity
  • 80 Impact
  •  Critical Chance: 30%
  • Radius: 1m

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Tenno/Entrati ‘Absoute’ Pistol

I am really digging this pistol/hand-cannon! 😻 Great job

23 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

“Rediscovered by Father during the N█̷̛̛͙̮̞̻̹̳̝͎̗͙͕̩̈͌̈̏͗̆͑͂͊̍̌̍̔█̶̡̧̙̱͇̠͚̱̜̮̘̬̄̈́̋͊̂̌̓̓̽̄͛͌̂͗̉̀̓̉̌͒̏̈͜͝█̸̡̺̻͎̠̗̟̲̯̪͉͍̣̹̙͇̘̹͈͕͖̝̊̀̎̃̂̀̀͑̑̍̌█̵̡͉͕̩͚̤̃͑͋̒̅́̏̅̑̽̈́̋͘█̷̡̢̧͍̲̭̙͚͎̖͚̮͎̦͎̟̗̒́̑̔̐̉̆̕͜ͅ uprising

I love your censorship-with-style btw 💖

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LillyRaccune said:

I am really digging this pistol/hand-cannon! 😻 Great job

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Thank you! I have SO MANY here. And more to come. :P 

There's at least one revolver I have fully statted out, and a bunch of other revolver designs. Like this one!

upcoming_wf_revolver_by_fluffywolf36_der

Not a hundred percent sure what this one does yet...

EDIT: Wait, now I know. I have one revolver that does explosions on headshots - this one is going to be the opposite. 

EDIT TWO: Writing out the lore. I just hit a point where I was all "aw piss, I'm gonna have to explain that." I was like 

"Orbiting Saturn, there exists a ring large enough for a ship to pass through, though no ship has been brave to do so. It radiates Void Energy, creating localized areas of unreliable physics. Indeed, artifacts from this location are prized by Corpus and Grineer alike, as it can be used to create containers in which Argon Crystals do not decay. Tinkerers from all over the Origin System, including the so-called fRemade-" 

and it's like "Great, now I gotta explain what fRemade are"

1 hour ago, LillyRaccune said:

I love your censorship-with-style btw 💖

Thanks =D 

I use the Zalgo text generator. Mostly because it was funny lol

• Like 1

Corpus 'Khartex' Pistol

Fires an intensifying, oscillating beam not unlike the Solaris ‘Skipjack’ pistol, with one key difference: It can change its configuration to fire heat or electric damage. Heat has punchthrough, electric has AoE.”

This was devised during the N█̷̛̛͙̮̞̻̹̳̝͎̗͙͕̩̈͌̈̏͗̆͑͂͊̍̌̍̔█̶̡̧̙̱͇̠͚̱̜̮̘̬̄̈́̋͊̂̌̓̓̽̄͛͌̂͗̉̀̓̉̌͒̏̈͜͝█̸̡̺̻͎̠̗̟̲̯̪͉͍̣̹̙͇̘̹͈͕͖̝̊̀̎̃̂̀̀͑̑̍̌█̵̡͉͕̩͚̤̃͑͋̒̅́̏̅̑̽̈́̋͘█̷̡̢̧͍̲̭̙͚͎̖͚̮͎̦͎̟̗̒́̑̔̐̉̆̕͜ͅ Uprising by Granum himself as a way to less-lethally disable Veiled N█̷̛̛͙̮̞̻̹̳̝͎̗͙͕̩̈͌̈̏͗̆͑͂͊̍̌̍̔█̶̡̧̙̱͇̠͚̱̜̮̘̬̄̈́̋͊̂̌̓̓̽̄͛͌̂͗̉̀̓̉̌͒̏̈͜͝█̸̡̺̻͎̠̗̟̲̯̪͉͍̣̹̙͇̘̹͈͕͖̝̊̀̎̃̂̀̀͑̑̍̌█̵̡͉͕̩͚̤̃͑͋̒̅́̏̅̑̽̈́̋͘█̷̡̢̧͍̲̭̙͚͎̖͚̮͎̦͎̟̗̒́̑̔̐̉̆̕͜ͅ, riots, and others - with a lethal mode in case things became too violent. Which they often did.”

–Codex

corpus__khartex__pistol_by_fluffywolf36_

The Khartex’s best comparison is likely the Tessera Pistol. That weapon is a light, portable, high-capacity electrolaser pistol meant to incapacitate, with high status chance, fire rate, and overall responsiveness.

The Khartex is not like that.

It’s meant for use against forces that’ve been augmented through Narmer science,  incapacitating them with high voltage… or punching through them with high heat lasers in the event that less-lethal force isn’t an option. Like the Solaris ‘skipjack’ pistol, it fires what’s been termed a “burst-beam,” a short, high-intensity laser burst. The first segment of the attack ionizes the air, before letting loose a devastating final shot just as damaging (if not more so) as the first half.

Primary fire shoots a damaging electrolaser that deals radial damage on impact, and does guaranteed electric procs on impact. This was typically used to incapacitateN█̷̛̛͙̮̞̻̹̳̝͎̗͙͕̩̈͌̈̏͗̆͑͂͊̍̌̍̔█̶̡̧̙̱͇̠͚̱̜̮̘̬̄̈́̋͊̂̌̓̓̽̄͛͌̂͗̉̀̓̉̌͒̏̈͜͝█̸̡̺̻͎̠̗̟̲̯̪͉͍̣̹̙͇̘̹͈͕͖̝̊̀̎̃̂̀̀͑̑̍̌█̵̡͉͕̩͚̤̃͑͋̒̅́̏̅̑̽̈́̋͘█̷̡̢̧͍̲̭̙͚͎̖͚̮͎̦͎̟̗̒́̑̔̐̉̆̕͜ͅ troops or scrap their machinery, immobilizing them long enough to remove the veils in a safe environment.

Or, barring that, turning the voltage up to lethal levels to rip into crowds.

Secondary fire, however, is much more damaging, forcing the sheer destructive power into a single shot that punches through enemies and light cover. As is predictable, the distinction was often lost on Corpus troops.

The result is a generalist pistol that can easily serve as a backup to any specialist weapons (shotguns, launchers, sniper rifles) used by the Corpus, or even a primary weapon itself…

And an utter terror to crowds of demonstrators who threatened to slow down the Corpus war machine ever so slightly. To the Corpus, this pistol has the same reputation as the Desert Eagle or .44 Magnum do in contemporary times - something associated with peacekeeping 

stats

Trigger: I don’t know how to describe this. Auto-burst-charge? Regular old auto-burst? I wouldn’t know! I used to have DREAMS, guys, but NO, I can’t work on that urban fantasy novel because I have no time management skills and I’m overloaded with [REDACTED] jobs, which… actually make money, so it’s not so bad
Magazine: 30

Burst Delay: 0.14s

Heat

• Burst Rate: 4.8
  • Uncharged: (x4 ticks, consumes 2 ammo)
  • Damage: 16(x4)
  • 7 Slash
  • 9 Puncture
  • Status Chance: 16%
  • Punch-Through: 0.4

• Damage: 72
  • 16 Puncture
  • 56 Heat
  • Status Chance: 16%
  • Punch-Through: 1.2m

Electric:

• Burst Rate: 5.8
  • Uncharged: (x4 ticks, consumes 2 ammo)
  • Damage: 14(x4)
  • 5 Slash
  • 9 Puncture
  • Critical Chance: 20%
  • Critical Multiplier: 2.1x
  • Status Chance: 38%

• Damage: 56 Electric
  • Critical Chance: 20%

Area Attacks:

• Damage: 42
  • 28 electric
  • 14 Impact
  • Critical Chance: 28%
  • Radius: 1.2m

Artist notes:

Surprisingly, little to say here. I drew the original idea up while trying to come up with a bunch of Corpus pistols, and I liked the idea of a laser that could switch elements. I was going to give this thing a cold-damage mode, but I didn't think anyone would enjoy it.

• Like 2

UPDORT: Kills with the Haoma now do not cause explosions - they refill 8% of the mag. The explosion just didn't feel right.

On 2021-12-24 at 2:09 AM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

“Assault rifle with four-round bust and full auto. Boasts high weakpoint damage, controllable recoil, and excellent crit.”
–Codex

(version 3 of art. Now you can fire while prone!)

Special Traits:
+50% Bonus Headshot Damage
Kills refill 8% of mag.

Lore

A simplified derivative of the Soma, part of the same project that created the Somesha (a SOMA PATTERN AUTOSHOTGUN YEAH BOYIEEEEEE). Unlike other weapons in the Soma family, it doesn’t boast the unique harmonica mag or spooling trigger.

It does, however, boast the unique stats you’d expect of the Soma series - poor status, and such high crit that its armor-piercing rounds can punch out a devastating one-shot kill, even when they really shouldn’t be able to do so. 

The Haoma can be considered a sidegrade to the Stradavar Prime. While the Stradavar has higher base damage and a more ammo-efficient, immediate altfire, the Haoma is great for saturating enemies with a hail of bullets.

It also has more manageable recoil and accuracy, owing to its low bore axis and tilted receiver. The receiver is angled at 7 degrees to the barrel, giving an element of braking to the bolt, and also resisting the upward movement of the barrel during fully automatic fire. This also virtually eliminates muzzle climb. It’s not entirely gone, however, as the muzzle steadily begins to climb upwards between the fourth and sixth rounds fired. This is, however, completely negated by burst mode, which fires the rounds just slightly faster, enough that it’s almost guaranteed all shots will be on target.

The best way to use the Haoma is as a DMR that happens to fire low-caliber rounds in full auto, aiming for heads or other weakpoints and letting loose. This is reinforced by the fact that it has traits more suitable to a semiautomatic battle rifle, such as its accuracy and extreme damage against weak points in enemies.  Using an advanced Void something-or-other, kills with this weapon refill 8% of the mag.

This last modification was not common during the Old War - it was an innovation that became more common as the Old War ended, and was made universal after the Tenno Wakening.

Due to its low recoil and rate of fire, the Haoma is often nicknamed the ‘beamer,’ a confusing nickname considering how many Tenno have used actual beam weapons. The confusion evaporates as soon as said Tenno put a Haoma to work and mow down enemies.

It may not have punch-through. But Tenno don’t need punch-through (you can add it if you want. Why not, right) on this weapon, as long as they have great aim.

On a funny note, the stock actually folds when it’s stowed on a Tenno’s back. It always ejects out of the side that the stock isn’t folded onto.

Stats

Magazine: 80
Rate Of Fire: 10.8
Reload: 3s

Full Auto

Damage: 24
12 Slash
8 Puncture
4 Impact
Headshot Multiplier: 2.5x

Burst

Burst Count: 4
Burst Delay: 0.1s
Burst Rate: 11
Damage: 28
16 Slash
8 Puncture
4 Impact
Headshot Multiplier: 2.5x

Artist Notes:

Originally, this had a trait that made it cause explosions on headshot kills. That... is something I'll do at a later date. As it is, refilling the mag felt like a much more normal, understated way to do this.

Aesthetically, the biggest inspiration for this was the Soma, (obviously) though there’s a lot of influence from both the R201 assault rifle. The angled receiver is inspired by the Jatimatic! I have no idea if this makes any kind of sense on an assault rifle, I just did this because it was funny.

Mechanically, it has more in common with the L36 Halberd from Aliens Fireteam. The devs gave it 2.5x headshot damage, meaning that it can punch surprisingly far above its weight (the Pulse Rifle is still my favorite. Because come on. It’s Aliens.) assuming you keep landing headshots. However, muzzle climb is a thing, so you can’t just beam enemies with unceasing headshots. This is, after all, the franchise that gave us the phrase “short, controlled bursts.”

There was one other thing: We don't have an assault rifle where you just tap the altfire key to switch from burst to full auto. I mean, we have the Kuva Hind and Tiberon Prime, but I don't like having to switch past semi or auto to get to the mode I want. We've also got the Quartakk, but that doesn't use the altfire button. 

I wanted to make it nearly recoilless, but I didn’t think it was a good idea. So I stopped. I’m not exactly sure when the muzzle climb might set in, but it’s important that it exists. 

And yes, I know some of you want that Entrati gun. That’ll come next. Then a revolver, which I have put off for FAR TOO LONG.

I’ll work on pony art and fanfic in the meantime.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

UPDORT: Kills with the Haoma now do not cause explosions - they refill 8% of the mag. The explosion just didn't feel right.

fair enough and the 8% mag refill could be nice when fighting groups of enemies

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Neo3602 said:

fair enough and the 8% mag refill could be nice when fighting groups of enemies

Oh, it totally would be. I was playing Aliens Fireteam, I have this SMG that's built to do pretty much the same thing, and you can open fire in a crowded corridor with about eight charging xenomorph runners... and not reload.

The better idea is probably to have more ammo, but that's just such a great feeling.

I'll probably have an assault rifle that causes explosions on headshot kills later, but I wanted the Haoma to feel more normal and understated.

• Like 1