Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fluffy's warframe concepts - weapons and enemies! (Newest concept - 𝑻𝒆𝒏𝒏𝒐 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑺𝒉𝒐𝒕𝒈𝒖𝒏!!)

(XBOX)Fluffywolf36

8 hours ago, Unus said:

If nothing else, I can skitter about and collect some fragments of old Sentient designs of the weapons variety I have that might tickle folk's fancy.

I know I'd be interested!

...Perhaps I could try and design something from a Sentient besides Hunhow. Maybe the Plains Sentient? That would be an interesting idea. Hunhow's gimmick appears to be adapting to situations, and the Plains Sentient's gimmick appears to be transformation. So, if I make a dual-mode Sentient-inspired weapon, I'm thinking it has a much more radical transformation. Part of me wants to say "turns into a sniper rifle," but that just feels... too easy. Besides, I've done that already. Repeatedly. 

Perhaps whatever the modes are, one can be a rocket launcher. We've only got two of those in the game.

2 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

...Perhaps I could try and design something from a Sentient besides Hunhow. Maybe the Plains Sentient? That would be an interesting idea. Hunhow's gimmick appears to be adapting to situations, and the Plains Sentient's gimmick appears to be transformation. So, if I make a dual-mode Sentient-inspired weapon, I'm thinking it has a much more radical transformation. Part of me wants to say "turns into a sniper rifle," but that just feels... too easy. Besides, I've done that already. Repeatedly. 

Perhaps whatever the modes are, one can be a rocket launcher. We've only got two of those in the game.

To be honest, I figured that all Sentients have the ability to adapt. I think that's one of their main gimmicks and how they were so successful in colonizing Tau for themselves.
(Also I have a smol theory that the Hydrolyst and Gauntalyst are just versions of the Teralyst that had adapted to a certain scenario, hence the colour change like how Battalysts and Conculysts change colour.)
Well, no matter, all the Sentients I've made thus far are supposed to be from a wide variety of Sentient brood mothers that we've never seen. So they don't completely resemble Eidolons, or Hunhow's Fragments, but still retain that organic-cybernetic insect-like look. I think as long as you stick to the shape pattern and other geometry seen in Sentient stuff you should be totes good.
:sentient:waa

3 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Way ahead of ya suh! I've gotta Eidolon "retro-blaster" and an Eidolon ""Launcher"" that have been sitting around since Thanksgiving and a few weeks ago respectively.

1 hour ago, Almighty_Jado said:

To be honest, I figured that all Sentients have the ability to adapt. I think that's one of their main gimmicks and how they were so successful in colonizing Tau for themselves.
(Also I have a smol theory that the Hydrolyst and Gauntalyst are just versions of the Teralyst that had adapted to a certain scenario, hence the colour change like how Battalysts and Conculysts change colour.)
Well, no matter, all the Sentients I've made thus far are supposed to be from a wide variety of Sentient brood mothers that we've never seen. So they don't completely resemble Eidolons, or Hunhow's Fragments, but still retain that organic-cybernetic insect-like look. I think as long as you stick to the shape pattern and other geometry seen in Sentient stuff you should be totes good.
:sentient:waa

Hm. . . I'd love to share my own "Sentient Saga" novel set and the creations that come with it, but, I haven't the foggiest how to short-hand them into something readable in less then 30 minutes.

GUEST HOUR SUPER CREATE: Trokar Handcannon, by Unus (Grineer)

grineer__trokar__handcannon_by_haruaxema

Guest designed by @Unus, drawn by me!

Manufacturer: Artificer Key Tok (a ritualized false name after the inventor of the design, individuals are always asked to "ask for Key Tok but ask no questions") Special Requisitions, Dockyard  361-B,  Mommur Chasma Sea, Oberon.

Statistical Breakdown:

Damage:

150 Impact, 75 Puncture, 0 Slash.

Accuracy= 12.1

Cyclic Rate of Fire= 1.0

Critical Chance= 25%

Critical Damage= 3.0

"P.R.O.C." Chance= 7.5%

Magazine= 1

Reload= 2.9

Trigger= Bolt-Action

Mastery Rank Requirement= 6

Polarity= Madurai

Special Traits = None

Out on the farthest reaches of Grineer space, it is extremely common for Infested attacks to achieve devastating results that can route entire Grineer platoons from their bases. Often, wounded individuals are brought along with the group if they are important enough, which can lead to massive build-ups of wounded to treat outside of the cloning facilities that double as Grineer hospitals. Before even being considered for entry however, they must be examined by "The Judge". Commonly a "senior" ( by a few humble years) medical staff member but often times an Infested veteran as well, these gas-mask equipped "angels of the grounds" glide among the wounded outside with a two-fold purpose, to seek out the salvageable and to search for signs of the Infested. Those who are deemed worthwhile are whisked away at a wave of the Judge's hand to be cared for and surrounded by the best their brothers can offer them. Those tainted by the parasite or with to extreme of injuries however, are given the ritual of mercy. Simply put, a group of technicians arrive with a pole to be planted in the ground, the afflicted or infirm is tied to it in a standing position, a photo is taken, and they are simply executed with a single well-placed Trokar shot to the head to be dumped in the burning ditch. Every single facet of the Trokar's design was built to ensure that the process of euthanasia is done quickly, cleanly, and with the absolute highest guarantee of death with the bare-minimum of cranial tissue left behind which could be salvageable by potential internal Infestation. Unfortunately, it is these exact same traits that the black market that lies in the shadows of Sol covets in it's weapons of execution and assassination, making models acquired from Meridian turncoats an inestimable product for those interested in getting their hands dirty. Though rare, some models do indeed get produced in the underworld nano-forges of the relays, making these grim symbols available to those Tenno with a steady aim and an absolute need for one specific thing to simply drop dead.

Artist notes

A favor I did for Unus from the Warframe forums! Check out his thread full of Warframe concepts. Maybe hook him up with some drawings!

The Trokar was introduced to me as a 6-gauge bolt-action pistol, so I went for something with a distinctive silhouette. None of the other .50 BMG pistols I could find had silhouettes that looked fun enough to me, so I went with the Thunder. 50! Seriously, check it out, it looks so cool! But it's dumb. BUT IT'S COOL! You can see footage of it here.

The sight also had to be redesigned, at Unus' behest.

Fun fact: Most of the pistol recoils backwards after firing. Maaaaybe that can be part of the firing animation here?

1 hour ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

snip

Oh ho ho ka boom, b***h! Looks like a decent sidearm, other than that scarily long reload time. Looks like a really strong one-hit crit gun, but may fall off at high levels due to its inability to deal with lots of enemies at once. Probably really good for Eidolon hunting and such. By bolt action I assume you mean semi auto fire, right?

2 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

GUEST HOUR SUPER CREATE: Trokar Handcannon, by Unus (Grineer)

grineer__trokar__handcannon_by_haruaxema

Guest designed by @Unus, drawn by me!

Manufacturer: Artificer Key Tok (a ritualized false name after the inventor of the design, individuals are always asked to "ask for Key Tok but ask no questions") Special Requisitions, Dockyard  361-B,  Mommur Chasma Sea, Oberon.

Statistical Breakdown:

Damage:

150 Impact, 75 Puncture, 0 Slash.

Accuracy= 12.1

Cyclic Rate of Fire= 1.0

Critical Chance= 25%

Critical Damage= 3.0

"P.R.O.C." Chance= 7.5%

Magazine= 1

Reload= 2.9

Trigger= Bolt-Action

Mastery Rank Requirement= 6

Polarity= Madurai

Special Traits = None

Out on the farthest reaches of Grineer space, it is extremely common for Infested attacks to achieve devastating results that can route entire Grineer platoons from their bases. Often, wounded individuals are brought along with the group if they are important enough, which can lead to massive build-ups of wounded to treat outside of the cloning facilities that double as Grineer hospitals. Before even being considered for entry however, they must be examined by "The Judge". Commonly a "senior" ( by a few humble years) medical staff member but often times an Infested veteran as well, these gas-mask equipped "angels of the grounds" glide among the wounded outside with a two-fold purpose, to seek out the salvageable and to search for signs of the Infested. Those who are deemed worthwhile are whisked away at a wave of the Judge's hand to be cared for and surrounded by the best their brothers can offer them. Those tainted by the parasite or with to extreme of injuries however, are given the ritual of mercy. Simply put, a group of technicians arrive with a pole to be planted in the ground, the afflicted or infirm is tied to it in a standing position, a photo is taken, and they are simply executed with a single well-placed Trokar shot to the head to be dumped in the burning ditch. Every single facet of the Trokar's design was built to ensure that the process of euthanasia is done quickly, cleanly, and with the absolute highest guarantee of death with the bare-minimum of cranial tissue left behind which could be salvageable by potential internal Infestation. Unfortunately, it is these exact same traits that the black market that lies in the shadows of Sol covets in it's weapons of execution and assassination, making models acquired from Meridian turncoats an inestimable product for those interested in getting their hands dirty. Though rare, some models do indeed get produced in the underworld nano-forges of the relays, making these grim symbols available to those Tenno with a steady aim and an absolute need for one specific thing to simply drop dead.

Artist notes

A favor I did for Unus from the Warframe forums! Check out his thread full of Warframe concepts. Maybe hook him up with some drawings!

The Trokar was introduced to me as a 6-gauge bolt-action pistol, so I went for something with a distinctive silhouette. None of the other .50 BMG pistols I could find had silhouettes that looked fun enough to me, so I went with the Thunder. 50! Seriously, check it out, it looks so cool! But it's dumb. BUT IT'S COOL! You can see footage of it here.

The sight also had to be redesigned, at Unus' behest.

Fun fact: Most of the pistol recoils backwards after firing. Maaaaybe that can be part of the firing animation here?

Ha HA! Many thanks suh! A fine piece for the collection, edited down to the most anal of tiny details! Now for me to do my my part and slot you in on the wall of contributors!

GEEZUS! And you even suffered through slapping on the stats and descriptions! You sir have the patience of a saint. BOUNDLESS thanks to you!

OH! You didn't have to plug my Open-Pit mine of Ideas in there at the end! But, thanks. I. . . I wasn't actually expecting that part at all. I. . .just. . . thanks.

Also, hehe, yeah, I think you encapsulated alotta folks thoughts about it with that last bit.

47 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Oh ho ho ka boom, b***h! Looks like a decent sidearm, other than that scarily long reload time. Looks like a really strong one-hit crit gun, but may fall off at high levels due to its inability to deal with lots of enemies at once. Probably really good for Eidolon hunting and such. By bolt action I assume you mean semi auto fire, right?

Yeah, that was the goal when it first crossed my drawing board. No frills, no prettiness, just one boom and a cracked melon. Also made it in in order to reverse the whole "Sniper-Rifle + Sidearm" concept, offer up a bit more variety in that regard.

Essentially. After firing, it goes immediately into the reload state, pull the bolt, drop the flecchete in, cycle it, aim, that whole rigamoral.

1 minute ago, Unus said:

Yeah, that was the goal when it first crossed my drawing board. No frills, no prettiness, just one boom and a cracked melon. Also made it in in order to reverse the whole "Sniper-Rifle + Sidearm" concept, offer up a bit more variety in that regard.

Essentially. After firing, it goes immediately into the reload state, pull the bolt, drop the flecchete in, cycle it, aim, that whole rigamoral.

I can just imagine the sound this baby makes when it shoots.

BOOM + BASS. AND MORE BASS. And watching as the air around the muzzle ripples as a shockwave is unleashed and the massive caliber goes flying forwards.

Actually, that just gave me an idea for a rifle that created short range, circular shockwaves everytime it fires in addition to a main projectile. Quick, to the drawing board!!

I can just imagine the sound this baby makes when it shoots.

BOOM + BASS. AND MORE BASS. And watching as the air around the muzzle ripples as a shockwave is unleashed and the massive caliber goes flying forwards.

Actually, that just gave me an idea for a rifle that created short range, circular shockwaves everytime it fires in addition to a main projectile. Quick, to the drawing board!!

A sonic boom-gun? Hm, intrigueing. I'm aware alotta folks love knockdown capability for finisher use. Perhaps it'll have a niche there?

The thumper-gun I had is heavily situational with it's shockwaves, but, a weapon that can reliably create them? Hm. . . .

1 hour ago, Unus said:

GEEZUS! And you even suffered through slapping on the stats and descriptions! You sir have the patience of a saint. BOUNDLESS thanks to you!

Think nothing of it! All I did was copypasta it.

1 hour ago, Unus said:

OH! You didn't have to plug my Open-Pit mine of Ideas in there at the end! But, thanks. I. . . I wasn't actually expecting that part at all. I. . .just. . . thanks.

It's your idea and you deserved credit. I had to.

OR ALTERNATIVELY

1 minute ago, Unus said:

A sonic boom-gun? Hm, intrigueing. I'm aware alotta folks love knockdown capability for finisher use. Perhaps it'll have a niche there?

Definitely, definitely a Corpus gun.

Edited by (XB1)Fluffywolf36

AUGMENT (and mod) IDEAS - 2

note: apologies if this seems a little patchy! I accidentally deleted this and I'm working off memory here. Arbiters of Hexis are not receiving an aug here, on the basis that I've given Hexis two augments already and even a syndicate weapon.

Augments:

Akvasto (or possibly single Vasto?) Augment: Bloody Justice
Increases headshot multiplier, and increases critical chance after headshots.

Twin Gremlins Augment: Penetrating Justice
Adds punch-through. Gremlin nails release an explosion when overpenetrating enemies, and when coming to rest in hard surfaces.
Notes: I already have one Steel Meridian aug in this post, I just couldn't resist.

Akmagnus Augment: Blighted Cylinder
Increases reload speed after a kill, and increases damage for a short period after reloading.

Aksomati Augment: Entropic Release
Increases base status upon shield depletion. And/or possibly it increases crit chance when under status effects.
Notes: This may be a bit too far. I wanted a counterpart to Winds of Purity, and the increased crit chance was meant to be a way to prevent this from being totally useless in the hands of frames without shields.

Originally I wanted to give it a Borderlands-style nova effect upon shield depletion, but then I was all like "ehhhhh"

Cycron Augment: Ignition Sequence
Adds ability to fire after ammo depletion, which adds bonus heat damage to the Cycron's beam... at the cost of directly damaging your health, and slightly longer recharge time.
Notes: Originally, I planned for an Angstrum augment (conceptually it was just too weak) and then for this aug to add on a radiation proc. While the idea of the Cycron leaking radiation is cool, that was a terrible, terrible idea, and I feel terrible for even considering it.

Akzani Augment: Rain of Purity
Increases accuracy and crit chance the lower its magazine becomes.

Mods

Collateral Shot (shotgun?)
+60% Status
+1.2 Punch Through

Notes: This mod is for people who feel a bit trapped by 100% status builds. Like me. It's for people that are willing to sacrifice a little damage for some fun and flexibility. As created because I just... I just felt so trapped working on my Sobek build. This was conceived as a shotgun mod, but it can be a rifle mod too if you want.

As for how to get this, I dunno. Venus landscape drop? Sanctuary Onslaught drop? Hard to say.

22 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

snip

That Akvasto augment feels a little OP to me, since they're already ridiculously powerful crit based, slash guns. Might be better to keep it for the single Vasto.

I love me my old Twin Gremlins. I think this mod would definitely incentivise me to bring it back into the open again.

Interesting AkMagnus augment, although the bonus damage after reload might be a little too much. It all depends on how much increase in damage I suppose. It's already got one of the strongest syndicate procs, so take that into consideration

The Aksomati augment is very interesting, that poor set of dual pistols is crying all alone in its corner. To solve your problems, you could change the effect to scale with damage taken by your Warframe, either to shields or to health, almost like a pseudo Vex Armour.

Cycron Augment seems fun, but to be honest with its trash reload time, I'm not sure how popular this mod would be. It seems like the negatives outweigh the positives a bit too much. Just my opinion though

The Akzani Augment turns those two pathetic suckers into dual wielded Tenoras! I like this one.

I would definitely replace Seeking Force with this on my Tigris Prime and my Phage.

Edited by Almighty_Jado

That Akvasto augment feels a little OP to me, since they're already ridiculously powerful crit based, slash guns. Might be better to keep it for the single Vasto.

I'mma be totally honest, this was made solely to cater to my playstyle. I aim for headshots a lot, and the Akvasto are super accurate, so I wanted to make something that fit with that. If it seems overpowered... well, that's my bias talking here. It could work, but I admit to the flaws in it.

That said, headshot registry is a bit off sometimes, and only like 10-20% of my kills are ever actually headshots, so while it could be game-breaking, I don't know how game-breaking. I didn't even give stats, as I am terrible at that sort of thing. Maybe this could be adjusted to a (moderately) balanced value? I'd have to ask someone with a better grasp of stats in Warframe.

I love me my old Twin Gremlins. I think this mod would definitely incentivise me to bring it back into the open again.

You too, huh? They were pretty fun, but I had to scrap mine for extra inventory space. :( This was meant to be something that'd make me immediately go back.

Interesting AkMagnus augment, although the bonus damage after reload might be a little too much. It all depends on how much increase in damage I suppose. It's already got one of the strongest syndicate procs, so take that into consideration

The bonus damage was added in because bonus reload speed just felt... well, kind of silly as the only stat that gets augmented here. As for the damage, well, I don't know how much.

The Aksomati augment is very interesting, that poor set of dual pistols is crying all alone in its corner. To solve your problems, you could change the effect to scale with damage taken by your Warframe, either to shields or to health, almost like a pseudo Vex Armour.

...That would work pretty well! And it'd solve the Nidus and Inaros Problem that I ran into. And, funny enough, you nailed down why I added the aug to the Aksomati. ^~^ I basically thought "What's the most neglected set of weapons I own, not just by me but by the playerbase?" and immediately thought "Yup, Aksomati." It's probably not gonna get a primed variant, (At least, if it does, how do they keep it from looking too much like the Akstiletto prime?) its niche has been pretty heavily filled by other guns, and I feel like there's less reasons to use it than there should be.

The Akzani Augment turns those two pathetic suckers into dual wielded Tenoras! I like this one.

As inspired by Hyperion weapons from Borderlands 2 and onwards. I actually decided on this augment the same way I decided on the Aksomati!

I would definitely replace Seeking Force with this on my Tigris Prime and my Phage.

As designed specifically so I could have gas-electric builds with punchthrough and ridiculous AOE! It's meant to add flexibility and crowd control.

Corpus 'Decima' AR/Sniper Hybrid Gun

corpus__decima__ar_sniper_hybrid_by_haru

"An experimental weapon undergoing livefire tests with Anyo Corp scavenger crews on Lua, Europa, and Mars, the Decima is built for one thing and one thing only: Flexibility."

Primary Fire: Assault Rifle
(Fast) non-hitscan green projectiles
20% status
20% crit chance
2.2X crit multiplier
28 Damage 
(18 slash, 6 puncture, 4 Impact)
(Hidden bonus heat damage)
40 rounds
+0.6 punch through

Secondary Fire: Sniper Rifle
Hitscan (with green tracer)
23% status
23% crit chance
2.5x crit multiplier
192 damage
(100 slash, 70 puncture, 22 impact)
(Hidden bonus heat damage)
40/10 shots (Consumes 8 ammo units per trigger pull)
+2 punch through

Description

The Decima is a Corpus bullpup plasma railgun designed by Pelna Cade, built from decommissioned Ferrox spearguns. The Decima uses a rail assembly modified from the Ferrox, attached to a receiver of Anyo Corp design. Originally, it loaded in front of the pistol grip, but frequent testing found that it made the Decima far too long. As such, they modified it for a bullpup plasma battery feed. When switching modes, the exterior barrel assembly slides forward and essentially doubles in length, with the inner barrel expanding slightly and locking into an elongated mode reminiscent of the Ferrox in combat-ready mode. 

The Decima was built to be rugged, easily repaired, (Many an Anyo Corp Scavenger Crew has used spare parts to rebuild their Decima!) and flexible in the face of untenable conditions. Its plasma bolts superheat targets on impact and sears through flesh, giving it great utility against Infested. It can be easily modded for status or crit. And, most importantly, it comes with two modes: Assault Rifle and Sniper mode. 

It comes with some inherent punch-through, which gives its sniper mode incredible crowd control capacity. 

Animation and Sound Notes
* vents steam after shots.
* has a deep bass sound and steaming hiss after firing. To go with the steam. Bass sound increases in volume the longer it's fired.

Artist Notes:

...I apologize for the stats. I realize they may not that bad, but you deserve an apology anyway, on the basis that I am terrible at stats and I can't give myself that much credit. Also, I think this was meant to be a Star Wars gun at first. I know I wanted to make something inspired by the Steyr Aug, anyway...

This was inspired by both the Ferrox (of course) and the LSR44 Spoor! Almost a year ago, I came up with a Tenno version of the Spoor, but then I decided that making it Corpus worked better. For all y'alls who don't know, the LSR44 Spoor is an SMG/sniper hybrid from Killzone: Shadowfall that similarly telescopes forward and moves a scope into position while switching to sniper mode. I always loved the concept behind the Spoor, even though I was never able to use it.

Also, its sniper mode is better than the Tenora's charged shot if you're looking for ease of use. It has a SCOPE, and no charge time! :) 

For anyone wondering, here's a picture of the Spoor.

latest?cb=20150404082253&key=5dd1e323f66

lGCmdSK.png&key=810dd9eb274e1a1acf7b1b86

MARVEL at how little work I had to do to make it into a Corpus gun!

24 minutes ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Coming SOON (tm) - a sniper rifle. It is definitely not a sniper/smg hybrid, because I'm working on that and it is crazy hard to get the design finalized. I mean, I guess I could copy Widowmaker's rifle... but eh

Zenith is basically Widowmaker's rifle already, just saying ;)

On 4/24/2018 at 6:32 PM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Coming SOON (tm) - a sniper rifle. It is definitely not a sniper/smg hybrid, because I'm working on that and it is crazy hard to get the design finalized. I mean, I guess I could copy Widowmaker's rifle... but eh

You know, after recovering from today's workplace bloodbath. . . hm. . . here's a thought. What if this gun entirely depended on what modifiers you sunk into it to find out what manner of weapon it was? Need a sniper rifle? Plunk in a sniper rifle modifier and watch it reconfigure into a long layout. Need the smg aspect for it? Take all the sniper components out and stick a rifle piece in and watch it adjust everything on the fly, buttstock folding up, barrel retracting back, grip swinging out, scope lenses bingeing down to make it an "A-COG" style instead of a true telescopic, etc.

12 hours ago, Unus said:

You know, after recovering from today's workplace bloodbath. . . hm. . . here's a thought. What if this gun entirely depended on what modifiers you sunk into it to find out what manner of weapon it was? Need a sniper rifle? Plunk in a sniper rifle modifier and watch it reconfigure into a long layout. Need the smg aspect for it? Take all the sniper components out and stick a rifle piece in and watch it adjust everything on the fly, buttstock folding up, barrel retracting back, grip swinging out, scope lenses bingeing down to make it an "A-COG" style instead of a true telescopic, etc.

That does sound  interesting. And works strangely well with the Decima and its focus on flexibility.

...Any thoughts on the Decima, by the way?

Tenno 'Quillon' Sniper Rifle

tenno__quillon__sniper_rifle_by_haruaxem

"The Quillon shoots fire, ice, electricity, or poison quills, all of which were once used against troublesome organizers and populations on and off the battlefield in the days of the Orokin Empire. Rumor has it that during the Old War, Sentients would call Perhapsadian-Bomb strikes on anyone using this rifle."

The Quillon is a bolt-action sniper rifle that functions much the same as the Hystrix, firing quills in all four base elements with guaranteed status procs for each... but low base status for any other effects. Tapping the altfire mode switches base damage types.  Holding down the trigger to charge the weapon adds AoE on impact. That said, the charged-shot function's effect on non-AoE damage is negligible. 

It was originally built by the Orokin for use against troublesome populations, with a particular focus on Corpus industrialists. It would be able to penetrate any shield, destroy any mechanism, and disrupt any gatherings of those who would subvert the ruthlessly enforced order of the Orokin Empire. 

During the Old War, it was repurposed for use as an anti-Sentient weapon. While it made a mockery of their adaptable nature, it proved costly to create even for the Orokin, and Sentients would respond with extreme violence whenever they saw it, bombing cities, destroying asteroids. Eventually, as the Old War grew more and more desperate, the Quillon was quietly forgotten about.

Artists notes:
The name is an elaborate joke. The small, small silhouetted bolt-action rifle that I first drew is meant to be the Dreyse needle gun, so thinking of that, I immediately realized: Hey, why not make a sniper version of the Hystrix? That fires needles, the Dreyse needle gun is a bolt-action gun...

I was set to name this thing the Dreyse or some Warframe-ish corruption of the word. But then I immediately realized that "Quillon" sounded really cool, so then I was all like "eh." Quillon, for those of you wondering, actually means crossguard. But it sounds really cool.

I'm a bit iffy about my own lore. On the one hand, I really like the idea of the Orokin "golden age" having a hidden dark side. On the other, well, I'm not sure if thematically this really fits in it, and having the Orokin repurpose this thing that already seems practically made to kill Sentients just feels silly. Then again, the Orokin had to go from prime weapons to stuff like the Boar and Strun, (they look super cheap, to the point I'm not even sure the Grineer would willingly touch that) so maybe it work?

Also, this had a muzzle brake earlier! I ended up coloring over it, and realized I didn't really care.

• Like 2

On 4/26/2018 at 4:54 PM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

That does sound  interesting. And works strangely well with the Decima and its focus on flexibility.

...Any thoughts on the Decima, by the way?

Oh, I thought we went over this in the private message? Alright.

So, what's the fire-rate for these two sets? Helps a bit in the calculations department of fairness.

Hm. . . Critical Chance on the sniper mode is a tad bit on the high side, a simple downgrade by around -0.2 should epoxy that minor crack.

Moving onward, a rifle version of the new flecchete gun eh? Bolt-action was unexpected in my own opinion, but, by no means is it the wrong viewpoint.

"Perhapshadian bomb" ya say? Do tell?

1 hour ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

@Unus Any commentary on the most recent weaponry?

I was stuck wagering war with my job recently, dark times being what they are. Had it set up, but had only completed the Decimus view before I faded off to stress-sleep.

4 hours ago, Unus said:

Hm. . . Critical Chance on the sniper mode is a tad bit on the high side, a simple downgrade by around -0.2 should epoxy that minor crack.

Critical chance? You're sure you don't mean critical multiplier? Because 23% is slightly below average as crit chance goes.

5 hours ago, Unus said:

So, what's the fire-rate for these two sets? Helps a bit in the calculations department of fairness.

I totally forgot to add in fire rate! 0.o Well, now I feel kinda silly.

5 hours ago, Unus said:

Moving onward, a rifle version of the new flecchete gun eh? Bolt-action was unexpected in my own opinion, but, by no means is it the wrong viewpoint.

It was sort of a cascade of puns. My thought process behind that can be summed up as... "Wait... the Hystrix has been compared to the needler from Halo... there's a sniper rifle variant of the needler... there's a character in Borderlands who can switch elements while using sniper rifles, it'd be cool if the hystrix was a sniper rifle... hey wait, wasn't there a weapon called the Dreyse needle gun? Okay, okay, the dreyse is bolt action, so... bolt action needle gun!"

I took some (very minor) inspiration from the needler sniper rifle's silhouette. You'll probably see most of it around the scope. There's also some influence from this artwork by Timur Mutsaev right here.

timur-mutsaev-weapons-te7.jpg?1459411535

Then I got distracted over coffee and I realized that "quillon" sounded really, really cool. Much cooler than any Warframe-ified version of the surname "Dreyse." Ironically, it barely resembles the Dreyse at all. The bolt's actually in the same location as the Mauser K98.

5 hours ago, Unus said:

"Perhapshadian bomb" ya say? Do tell?

6 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

...I have absolutely no idea what that is! :P I just borrowed the word "perhapsadian" from China Mieville.

2 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Not gonna lie, that is one sexy gun. It’s like the new elemental version of my Mos Naganta rifle

Thank you so much! :) 

Ah, I noticed you commented on the old Mos Naganta thread by the other guy. Here's the new version from my main thread:

Info:
Overcome any Sentient's power with this powerful bolt-action rifle.
Stats:
MR: 16
Slot: Primary
Type: Rifle
Trigger Type: Semi-Auto (bolt action)
Ammo Type: Rifle
Noise Level: Alarming
Fire Rate: 100.2 RPM
Accuracy: 90.5
Magazine: 3
Max Ammo: 500
Reload Time: 1.0 s/bullet
Damage: 300
Crit Chance: 30%
Crit Multiplier: 3.0x
Status Chance: 0.0%
Polarities: Naramon PolNaramon Pol
Alternate Fire: Switches primary damage type between the 3 different IPS damage types (very effective for use against the ever adapting Sentients!) NOTE: 120% IPS mods only affect the damage type currently in action. Equipping all 3 will cause all 3 firing modes to deal the same damage, while only equipping 2 of them will cause only 2 of the firing modes to be as powerful.
Other Ability: The Mos Naganta reloads similarly to the Corinth/Zarr, meaning it can be fired even though the magazine is not full. However, for each bullet chambered, multishot increases by 100%, and adds 0.5 punch through; firing completely unloads the magazine, launching all bullets at once, meaning the weapon must be reloaded after EVERY shot.