Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fluffy's warframe concepts - weapons and enemies! (Newest concept - 𝑻𝒆𝒏𝒏𝒐 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑺𝒉𝒐𝒕𝒈𝒖𝒏!!)

(XBOX)Fluffywolf36

Le 14/02/2021 à 11:21, KaffeRausch a dit :

I am glad that you are not averse to the proposal

In keeping with how Sevagoth can change shape, a weapon that also changes shape would be interesting.

I mean something similar to the [Dark Split-Sword] where you can change between heavy blade and double sword.

I actually found something in the game Nioh 2 that comes very close to my imagination.

The Switchglaives, Something Between Scythe (which may go with the Evil Void Spirit) and possibly a two other weapon shapes.

They look cool, but you can hardly change the shape in the middle of the mission.

https://nioh2.wiki.fextralife.com/Seething+Dragon

https://nioh2.wiki.fextralife.com/Black+Lotus

The forms Pro [Stance mod] would be:

-Scythe = a scythe with a 90 ° angled blade.

-Glaive = The blade is straight.

-Heavy Blade = the blade is folded in and the weapon looks like a long ax.

-Machete = When I look at the Kama and Kreska, you could also use this scythe with one hand if the handle is retractable.

I hope these ideas help.

I just got a really crazy idea about this hybrid melee weapon.

Optics:

You can see the 40 centimeter blade.

The rest is like a ghost haze.

Standard attack is like a scythe:

It has 4 [Stance Mod] at the same time, the Mod Capacity bonus only counts for the strongest.

Each of the [Stance Mod] places stands for a combo.

-First is standard * E *

-Second is * Forward * + * E *

-Third is * Block * + * E *

-Fourth is * block * + * previous value * + * E *

Example:

-In first place is [Stalking Fan] = you do the [Shadow Wing] combo.

-In second place is [Twirling Spire] = you do the [Spiraling Pinnacle] combo.

-In third place is [Cleaving Whirlwind] = you do the [Drifting Stampede] combo.

-In fourth place is [Cyclone Kraken] = you do the [Lightning Siren] combo.

PS: By Glave, I meant Polearm in the first comment.

So I did some last-minute brainstorming and apparently from a story perspective, the part where someone's face gets ripped off and nailed on upside-down doesn't make sense for the next part of the Umbral Ayatan stuff.

2 hours ago, KaffeRausch said:

I just got a really crazy idea about this hybrid melee weapon.

Optics:

You can see the 40 centimeter blade.

The rest is like a ghost haze.

Standard attack is like a scythe:

It has 4 [Stance Mod] at the same time, the Mod Capacity bonus only counts for the strongest.

Each of the [Stance Mod] places stands for a combo.

-First is standard * E *

-Second is * Forward * + * E *

-Third is * Block * + * E *

-Fourth is * block * + * previous value * + * E *

Example:

-In first place is [Stalking Fan] = you do the [Shadow Wing] combo.

-In second place is [Twirling Spire] = you do the [Spiraling Pinnacle] combo.

-In third place is [Cleaving Whirlwind] = you do the [Drifting Stampede] combo.

-In fourth place is [Cyclone Kraken] = you do the [Lightning Siren] combo.

PS: By Glave, I meant Polearm in the first comment.

Oh damn. That sounds cool!

“Cenotaph” Semiautomatic Cannon
Entrati semiautomatic cannon that fires cryobaric micromissiles. Radial explosion does guaranteed cold damage.”
--Codex

entrati__cenotaph__semiauto_cannon_by_fl

Special Traits:
Frostbite Rounds - 
radial attack has guaranteed cold damage.

Iron Stance Aiming this weapon adds overshield and immunity to stagger... for five seconds. It disappears afterwards. This is on a five-second cooldown.

Brain Blast: Headshots create a Blast Damage explosion equivalent to 0.8x of headshot damage (which is thus affected by headshot damage arcanes).

Lore

“We built it as an anti-Infested gun, but it works well enough as anti-everything. This baby can fit so many damage types in it.”
--Father, when buying the blueprint

Probably the closest thing to an anti-Infested sniper rifle. Haruka Lorne and Father Entrati took a weapon from ancient schematics, and so radically redesigned it for high crowd control that it practically stopped being a sniper. Users have varyingly described it as a semiautomatic cannon, a hybrid of sniper rifle and battle rifle, a battle rifle that shoots grenades or rockets, and even a “semicannon.”  So really, it's not that much like a sniper rifle.

To paraphrase design notes from Haruka and Father, calling it a ‘semicannon’ originally came as a joke from Haruka. In her words: “Well, it’s a semiauto cannon, but it’s not an autocannon, so…” Eventually they found themselves unable to stop referring to it as such. As often happens on such design projects.

In primary fire it launches low-velocity cryobaric micromissiles that explode on impact. Each round is hollowed out and filled with a lump of cryotic, which spreads as the missile deforms on impact, violently exploding and dealing cold damage in a small radius. The missiles have some puncture damage, exploding as they punch into armor, though this is less to penetrate armor and more to weaken it.

These rounds, similar to the Depezador’s secondary buckshot, are infused with cryotic. It does a guaranteed cold proc on radial damage. Radial damage is increased on direct hits with enemies.

This has a variety of applications for unique elemental builds. 

Have you ever wanted to have radiation, toxin, viral, and cold, in addition to IPS, and Hunter Munitions on a weapon? This can do it. You could do just viral, fire, and ice (you could) but seven status effects per shot would be funnier.

To increase the damage of primary fire, hold down the trigger to increase its velocity, damage, and blast radius. (I don’t know how much)

Kills with this weapon’s primary fire use Siphon technology to charge its secondary fire. Or rather, they use siphon technology to load its secondary fire, which is a small Siphon-powered Kyrkogrim Turret. The Kyrkogrim aims in the general direction of enemies, sticks to any surface it’s fired at, and - essentially - comes equipped with a tiny Artax rifle. Its beam arcs once to nearby enemies.

Sticking the Kyrkogrim to an enemy will cause that enemy to draw aggro from other enemies around it, and landing a headshot with it can ‘hijack’ an enemy. It also explodes when it’s destroyed.

This rifle was sadly (in Father’s words) “shafted” by the Orokin. While it’s easy to see it as another “cutting,” one of the many examples of the most effective weapons against the Sentients coming to an unfortunate accident, it’s not difficult to see why they did it. It requires a large number of resources unique to Deimos, and various Sentient-infused resources found on the Plains of Eidolon. A version of the Cenotaph was produced without the turret launcher, but it came to very little and saw limited service. Father also disliked it, seeing it as the “emasculated” version of his creation.

That said, those few Tenno (such as Haruka Lorne, Thane, and Ginebra Oster) who had the fortune to use it during the Old War made the claim that this investment is abundantly worth it. Among Tenno fireteams, it took a role somewhere between marksman and demolition, punching into high-value targets and detonating them from the inside. In Thane’s words:

“It costs an arm and a leg and takes days for a foundry to build, it’s loaded full of pulse-shielded machinery, and if you print it wrong… uh,  you don’t want to print it wrong. But once it’s finished, you can beat a small moon’s worth of enemies after drowning it in the mud, and you won’t get so much as a jam.
That good enough th-”

Like its close cousin, the Cromlech autoshotgun, it has a motorized reload mechanism involving both sides of the magwell moving to the sides as the magazine is pulled into the gun using advanced micromotors or something.

Strangely, Father and Haruka’’s design notes indicate that they “borrowed” many elements of its design from ancient, fragmentary records, raising the question of just what the original weapon that became the Cenotaph was designed to fight.

It has better hipfire accuracy than the Chakkhurr. 

Artist notes:

This all stemmed from realizing the Sepulcrum allows you to build a weapon with magnetic, gas, and toxin. So I asked myself one question: “what’s the silliest status loophole I can make to exploit this?” So, the Cenotaph was born. It does guaranteed cold damage on radial attacks so you can fill this with up to seven different damage types. And it shoots a turret. Fun stuff.

That outta the way? Yes, it’s a bolter. You know it, I know it, and GW probably can’t sue me for it. 

But - and this is important - it’s not the Stalker bolter. It has much more in common with the Perinetus ‘Solo’ Bolter, which I found out about from 1d4chan’s bolter page. The Perinetus, unlike the Stalker, is not scoped or silenced. It also looks like a slightly more stretched-out bolter, with larger gaps between various parts, and a longer barrel. I liked the idea of making a gun that’s essentially the Perinetus to the Sepulcrum’s Storm Bolter, so that’s where we get this thing. It felt… old, brutal, and simple. Apparently, Entrati technology is “archaic” so why not.

Honestly, this is more of a shorter-ranged marksman rifle than a sniper rifle. 

The stats come after the artist notes here because holy hell is this a lot of crunch. It’s also worth mentioning that I genuinely don’t know how the turret shot interacts with multishot, because I am too lazy and it is almost time for pizza. I'm also not gonna bother with writing out the stats for charged shots because that's too much work.

Stats (God help you)

Hide contents

Primary Fire

Ammo pool: Rifle
Fire Rate: 3.2s
Magazine: 15
Reload Time: 3.0s
Trigger: Charge

Normal attacks 

Damage: 150
    70 Puncture
    25 Impact
    35 Slash
Critical Chance: 20%
Critical Multiplier: 3.3x
Status Chance: 40%
Headshot Multiplier: 2.5x

Radial attacks

Damage: 100
45 Cold
55 Slash
Radius: 2.6m
Forced Procs: Cold

Headshot Explosion:
Damage: 120
54 blast
66 Slash
Radius: 3m

Secondary:

Trigger: Semi
On Impact:

Damage: 10 slash
Critical Chance: 2%
Critical Multiplier: 2.0x
Status Chance: 2%
Projectile Speed: 40 m/s

Kyrkogrim Weapon”*

Range Limit: 30 m
 Fire Rate 1.0 round per sec
Accuracy 12.5
Magazine Size 80 rounds per mag
Reload Time 1.5 s Disposition
Total Damage 8 Cold / 4 cold
Forced Procs: Cold
Crit Chance 4.00%
Crit Multiplier 2.0x
Status Chance 3.00%

“Kyrkogrim Explosion”

Damage: 400 Radiation
 Crit Chance 20%
Crit Multiplier 2.0x

*Note: I copypasted in the Artax’s stats and slightly tweaked them (It’s a siphon weapon. Why not?)

Edited by (XBOX)Fluffywolf36
  • Like 4

http://www.animaatjes.nl/gifs/i/gifs/arnold-schwarzenegger-esP8lO.gif

This is awesome. A cold focussed bolter semi-auto cannon that can have 7 status effects? Yes please.

A bolter design to it too? Hell yeah (looks gorgeous).

The story and stats are very fitting for Warframe. It's also refreshing to have a siphon effect that isn't just 'do fat off damage with one click'.

Well thought out, very cool.

Edited by Teoarrk
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Teoarrk said:

I'm glad you think it's cool!

12 minutes ago, Teoarrk said:

This is awesome. A cold focussed bolter semi-auto cannon that can have 7 status effects? Yes please.

Admittedly, you could also build it for viral and fire, meaning it's a little more predictable... but really, where's the fun in that?

13 minutes ago, Teoarrk said:

A bolter design to it too? Hell yeah (looks gorgeous).

Thanks so much =D It was... extremely taxing to draw, but so much fun. I just had fun making something so huge and brutal.

17 minutes ago, Teoarrk said:

The story and stats are very fitting for Warframe. It's also refreshing to have a siphon effect that isn't just 'do fat off damage with one click'.

Glad you like the story, and glad you like that the siphon effect.  There's not as much focus on the relationship between Father and Haruka as last time, and not as much focus on character, so I'm... happy. I'm very happy and thankful.

Also, it's worth mentioning that the Sepulcrum's is actually the only siphon effect I feel like I genuinely like. I have barely any handle on how the Mausolon's works because I feel like it has no character, and...

Much as I take the piss out of myself for relying on punch through or AoE attacks, I feel like DE's been relying a little too much on adding some kind of launcher altfire to automatic weapons.

39 minutes ago, Teoarrk said:

Well thought out, very cool.

And again - thanks so much.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Teoarrk said:

. It's also refreshing to have a siphon effect that isn't just 'do fat off damage with one click'.

Hol up. A thought occurs.  What would be an interesting siphon effect to you in that case? I ask cause I have... one or two more Entrati guns planned. One of them is... a flamethrower that's essentially a Volkite weapon, the siphon altfire is like a combination of a Plasmor blast and a grenade (it'll be a huge headache to explain). The other one is a plasma flamethrower pistol.

And I just wonder how to make siphon on that interesting.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

I ask cause I have... one or two more Entrati guns planned

Well if I understand the first one correctly, it'll be a grenade that deploys, before shooting out a radial plasmor blast. That sounds pretty cool. (Plus been there with explaining convoluted 40k weapons).

For the second, maybe it could take a lesson from the Embolist pistol - That gun could be good, but suffers from bad range falloff. What the siphon power could do is pull enemies into one spot for easy bbq. It could even deploy like one of Voidrig's Gravemines.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Cenotaph” Semiautomatic Cannon
Entrati semiautomatic cannon that fires cryobaric micromissiles. Radial explosion does guaranteed cold damage.”
--Codex

Man , you have been killing it with the entreaty weapons.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Teoarrk said:

Well if I understand the first one correctly, it'll be a grenade that deploys, before shooting out a radial plasmor blast. That sounds pretty cool. (Plus been there with explaining convoluted 40k weapons).

Not quite lol. It's more.... it shoots a plasmor projectile in an arc that has nigh-unlimited enemy punch-through. Then when it hits the floor, it explodes. 

Also aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamen to that brotha. To this day I'm not actually sure how a meltagun fires.  To quote 1d4chan on this one:

In several publications and Dawn of War: Soulstorm, Melta weapons fire a constant stream, like a laser-flame thrower. Yet in the Caiphus Cain novels, Jurgen's melta operates more like a rifle, firing eye-searing acetonic flashes described as bright enough to be seen through closed eyelids. And in the Space Marine video game they fire a single rapid wave of energy in a manner that makes them essentially shotguns – Titus likely dispersed the beam so he could kill more Orks per shot as even Orks aren't dumb enough to drive tanks in extremely overbuilt urban zones – and the Dawn of War II series have Melta weapons firing a single blue/purple beam, while Dark Crusade uses discrete blobs of melt. In Eternal Crusade, they fire a limited-range, damage-over-time beam you have to keep on target, presumably in order to make them less effective as an anti-infantry weapon.

Funnily enough, the one from Space Marine videogame actually has a lot in common with a Plasmor. But they make it sort of a Power Weapon in the vein of picking up a Boomshot from a Boomer in Gears of War for a bit.  Honestly, I'm guessing there's two reasons they did it this way:

1.  Having a regular old shotgun for Captain Titus might be kinda weird. Because even neophytes to 40k have probably picked up how some of how this universe works, and it might just be kinda jarring to go... bolter, laser, plasma, and... a giant Mossberg?!
  2. A shotgun type weapon would totally supersede all the close combat elements they were going for.

Thankfully though I can explain how the plasma flamethrower pistol works =D It both shoots plasma and flammable infested biofuel, which the plasma ignites. Brutal. Though, a thought occurs. If it's a pistol flamethrower, it'll have a tiny mag, so what if Siphon altfire unlocks a secondary firing mode that somehow recovers ammo on hits or kills or something? I've been toying with that since last night.

Also, a thought occurs that one reason I like the Sepulcrum's siphon altfire is that it's an extra mode, not just one button and press. I actually have to put in more thought about using it than the Trumna's.

18 minutes ago, keikogi said:

Man , you have been killing it with the entreaty weapons.  

And there's TWO MORE TO COME

wait

i somehow totally forgot about this thing

this definitely will come before the flamethrower pistol

filename_by_fluffywolf36_debh77s-pre.png

I'm going with the one marked #4. The simplest way to put how this thing will work is that it's...

Okay, there's no simple way to explain it. It fires plasma munitions that have to be pushed in through a loading gate like on a peacemaker (speaking of which it's called the Requiesca, cause... it sounds like Requiem, and "rest in peace," it's a reference to the Peacemaker) and its explosives bounce towards nearby enemies on headshots. And/or headshots also load one round into the magazine (I haven't decided yet).

The siphon altfire shoots out a tracker tag like the Buzlok, except instead of the plasma round curving towards the tag, it bounces until it hits the tag... and then starts bouncing again if the tag hit someone's head. It's meant to set up crazy explosive trickshots.

• Like 2

Update: I have made a very, very early mockup of the plasma flamethrower pistol. The proportions are, not to put too fine a point on it, screwed.

plasma_flamethrower_pistol_by_fluffywolf

it's inspired by the Plasma Burner from 40k (which, again, is a plasma flamethrower) and the Van Saar melta-laspistol. 

The gauges on the Plasma Burner were just angled slightly because... well, this way they'll be easier to see. It'll be bulkier, but then this thing will already be so bulky it doesn't matter that much lol

Spoiler

acdb121b.jpg

Plasma Burner

38dc20ed200c9c59b2c31081e85a74cd.jpg

The siphon altfire will incorporate some way to regain ammo on hits and kills. Cause when I think about it @Teoarrk is absolutely correct, a lot of Siphon modes aren't that interesting. It'll still have a blast radius, because it'll feel underwhelming otherwise.

• Like 3

Il y a 13 heures, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 a dit :

Eh, the Cenotaph already has that covered. Plus, it'll behave more like a plasma weapon.

After Protea with her Blaze Artillery, I think more of fire damage.

With Spacehulk Deadwing you have that.

"Plasma Cannon - must be unlocked, has unlimited ammo but requires a cool down time to recharge, deals damage in an area for multiple kills per shot"

Plasma Burner from 40k ... there were so many weapons in so many games that are somehow similar and then not, it gets really confusing.

8 hours ago, KaffeRausch said:

Plasma Burner from 40k ... there were so many weapons in so many games that are somehow similar and then not, it gets really confusing.

True that.

There's also the Infernus Pistol. And the Blast Pistol - 40k has three weapons called the Blast Pistol, two of which are archeotech that looks noticeably like a revolver. Except one of them is a laser, the other shoots Super White Phosphorus. And the Inferno meltapistol. Is it this thing?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTZfl8EHuPokVxnk_PeDsl

Or does it just look like a regular old meltapistol? I'unno.

Thankfully, the Plasma Burner is actually very easy to explain! Instead of an area-of-effect explosive weapon tahat shoots spheres of burning death, (I think?) it's kind of like flamer because it has a canister of fuel attached. But it's also a plasma gun. So it uses plasma to ignite the fuel while also acting like a flamethrower. At least, I think that's how it works.

• Like 3

Somewhat reminiscent of the hybrid weapon from EvE-Online.

The particle Blaster and the Magnetic Rail Cannon use the same ammunition.

Either the contents are pumped out and fired like a beam of flame, or the entire can is shot out with its contents as a grenade.

When I look at the Catabolyst, where the magazine is thrown away as a grenade when the ammunition is spent, not so strange.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KaffeRausch said:

Somewhat reminiscent of the hybrid weapon from EvE-Online.

Is it? Huh. I would've thought it was more similar to something that did hybrid damage from Dust 514. Then again, I never actually played Dust 514 so that's probably not a good example.

Either the contents are pumped out and fired like a beam of flame, or the entire can is shot out with its contents as a grenade.

...That's a cool gimmick. 

When I look at the Catabolyst, where the magazine is thrown away as a grenade when the ammunition is spent, not so strange.

I always thought of that as the devs trying to imitate Tediore =D. I figure, well... Throwing your gun and getting a new one is so identifiable as a Borderlands thing that they didn't feel comfortable just... doing it, so they decided to make a gun that caters to that playstyle.

• Like 1

Just now, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Dust 514

Vibing White Cat GIF

I didn't get to play it as much as I wanted to, but good times. 

On 2021-02-22 at 7:43 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

regular old meltapistol

That one is a Witch Hunters flamer pistol. Unless you go into Custodes tech, the closest thing you get to a melta for one hand is this:

File:InfernusPistolProfile.jpg

The infernus pistols of the Blood Angels.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Teoarrk said:

That one is a Witch Hunters flamer pistol.

Nah, it's definitely an Inferno pistol. At least according to lexicanum and the 40k wiki. And a dark heresy sourcebook I semilegally read once. And the witch hunter models I found while googling. It even says so in the lower right corner!

Unless someone writing that codex drastically made a mistake.

Though ironically, the pistol I'm making also takes more inspiration from both plasma pistols (cause, well. Plasma Burner) and Mortarion's gun. This will not be the first or last time Mortarion's gun appears (I took some inspiration while making the Depezador's 2020 rework)

Mortarion-up-close-4-Lantern.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Nah, it's definitely an Inferno pistol. At least according to lexicanum and the 40k wiki. And a dark heresy sourcebook I semilegally read once. And the witch hunter models I found while googling. It even says so in the lower right corner!

At this point I'm gonna have to stop trying to understand 40k. There are so many similar looking weapons that I genuinely thought the caption was a mistake.

Edited by Teoarrk

35 minutes ago, Teoarrk said:

At this point I'm gonna have to stop trying to understand with 40k. There are so many similar looking weapons that I genuinely thought the caption was a mistake.

mood.

Doesn't help how many guns have very similar names. Like there's three guns called the Blast Pistol. Two of which are human energy weapons that look vaguely like revolvers.

PhosphorBlastPistol.jpg

Auxillia_Blast_Pistol.PNG

(this is the only good picture I could find of the second one)

There's also a couple weapons called Calivers, a bunch of vaguely general terms like "blaster" thrown around, I'm not really sure what the difference is between an infernus pistol and inferno pistol is, and there's a surprising amount of "x but not really" weapons in there. And there's also stuff like Mortarion's pistol and the Immolation Rifle, where I have no idea what principles they work on whatsoever.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

mood.

Doesn't help how many guns have very similar names. Like there's three guns called the Blast Pistol. Two of which are human energy weapons that look vaguely like revolvers.

PhosphorBlastPistol.jpg

Auxillia_Blast_Pistol.PNG

(this is the only good picture I could find of the second one)

There's also a couple weapons called Calivers, a bunch of vaguely general terms like "blaster" thrown around, I'm not really sure what the difference is between an infernus pistol and inferno pistol is, and there's a surprising amount of "x but not really" weapons in there. And there's also stuff like Mortarion's pistol and the Immolation Rifle, where I have no idea what principles they work on whatsoever.

Heh, if you need any help in understanding them, I am a full and overflowing knowledge fountain of all things 40k and weapon.

The Infernus-Inferno difference is quality, as the Infernus uses up more fuel in the flash-cook blast to do even more damage and punch deeper through armor, while the inferno is not hand crafted, but, is still hard to make.

Mortarion’s Pistol, The Lantern, is a one-of-a-kind item, an atomic particle pistol built by dragon-worshipping cultists back during the mid-to-late 20ks.

The Inferno Rifle is a heat ray gun, but, with a stock. Deathwatch used to know how to make the things, but, nowadays, only maintains them in very small numbers for killing the absolute worst of biological problems. Nasty bidness, like sticking a flea in a microwave, but, at range.

(And, I’m coming with that review I mentioned, I recently came into about 14 video games, several of which I haven’t played before, so, natural, my mind has gone bananas. Apologies, as this was entirely unplanned!).

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Unus said:

The Infernus-Inferno difference is quality, as the Infernus uses up more fuel in the flash-cook blast to do even more damage and punch deeper through armor, while the inferno is not hand crafted, but, is still hard to make.

So that's what the difference is! I had wondered.

12 hours ago, Unus said:

Mortarion’s Pistol, The Lantern, is a one-of-a-kind item, an atomic particle pistol built by dragon-worshipping cultists back during the mid-to-late 20ks.

I knew it was made by dragon cultists, but I didn't know that's how it worked. Huh.  I bet they worshiped the Void Dragon. Maybe they were some kind of Admech "cousin" cult or offshoot.

12 hours ago, Unus said:

(And, I’m coming with that review I mentioned, I recently came into about 14 video games, several of which I haven’t played before, so, natural, my mind has gone bananas. Apologies, as this was entirely unplanned!).

Don't even trip, dawg, it happens. I've been getting into Remnant From the Ashes, Killing Floor, and a lot of other stuff lately. Oh, and lots of Remedy games. Love Alan Wake. So much.

While we're on it though, if there is any 40k weapon you want me to import here... let me know. I will be happy to do so.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Apoll0 666 said:

Grenade Launcher 

Noise: Silent

ah yes, haha I love these concepts honestly though, you're very creative : ))

In hindsight that only really makes that much sense on the sticky bomb mode XD

Still, though. Thanks so much =D

• Like 1

Entrati 'Sati' Plasma Flamethrower Pistol

entrati__sati__plasma_flamethrower_pisto“When you’re dealing with Infested, you kill it with fire. When that doesn’t work, use more fire. Of course, sometimes your longarm just isn’t built that way. And who heard of carrying two flamethrowers at once? So this thing should be an ideal backup for when you’re carrying an assault rifle and just really need to burn something down to the molecular level. Use the Siphon launcher, and you’ll barely need to refuel it.”
Father

Special Traits:
Heat Wave - on impact with hard surfaces (including revamped Grineer shields) it releases a 3m blast radius. This is affected by Primed Fulmination. 

Siphon Fuel: Reduced ammo consumption when siphon is full. This does not apply to secondary fire.
Overcook: Increases status of primary fire up to 75% of total status the longer you stay on target.

Lore

The Sati is, essentially, a pistol-sized plasma flamethrower. It was designed based on four simple principles devised by Father Entrati:

1. Plague Moons such as Deimos are heavily made up of Infested matter.
  2. We need the valuable Infested compounds found on Plague Moons.

3. Plague Moons semi-consciously try to kill you.

4. Infested matter is flammable.

Therefore, and thusly, it would be very handy to have the ability to set an entire moon on fire. 

Originally meant as a simple utility tool, the Sati’s design process spiralled out of control when it became known that setting an entire moon on fire was a valid option. 

It was designed to do so by combining elements of both flamethrowers and archaic plasma weaponry owned by Albrecht Entrati. It’s loaded with flammable liquid like a flamethrower, which - this being Deimos - is often made from various Infested compounds and bottled. The fuel is then superheated and vented as gas through unstable magnetic fields. The magnetic fields that keep said heat on target, however, are fragile and emit small amounts of radiation.  

This means that instead of shooting flammable liquid, the Sati shoots an unstable stream of plasma that wracks enemies with the heat of a sun and irradiates them.

And, with the cone of heat the Sati projects, it won’t just be a single target - it’ll be everything up to 30 meters from the weapon’s barrel, along with the blast radius it creates on hard surfaces.

Kills with primary fire fuel its siphon-powered altfire - an underbarrel-mounted plasma explosive launcher. By default, the Sati holds two, but this can be increased up to ten. This adds four ammo units per kill to the magazine, fueling the primary fire (But not secondary. Obviously). Rather uniquely, the Siphon  launcher is linked directly to the magazine to feed energy into the mag instead of outwards. However, when the Siphon gauge is filled, the Sati has a chance not to consume ammo.

With strategic use, reloading this weapon can be totally bypassed. Which is a relief because (since the Sati is so heavy) it has a long reload and poor ammo economy.

It doesn’t have the blast radius of a Mazacor, or the arcing of a Kuva Nukor. It also doesn’t cause explosions* like Fidelias Prime.  But it has extremely consistent critical stats, longer range, radiation and heat damage. And it’s affected by Primed Firestorm. Oh, how it is affected.

Primary fire increases its status chance for each successive tick dealt on enemies, increasing it by 15% a total of five times for 75% of its base status - meaning that 20% status becomes 25% status. This means that when the Sati is orange critting, you’re going to get… some very, very meaty status procs. While it functions poorly against shields, it works wonders against organic and armored targets. When it hits a hard surface, such as a floor, the heat radiates outward. A good tactic is, thusly, to point the weapon downwards. 

Haruka Lorne had minimal impact on designing this weapon, as she preferred revolvers and heavy semiautomatic sidearms, but in her words, the prospect of a pistol-sized flamethrower that irradiated enemies and could set entire moons on fire was “mad *@##$in’.”

An interesting fact about the Sati is that in some ways, it’s closer to a carbine than a pistol. For humans who grew up under earthlike gravity and were thus “short and stunted” by standards of Orokin beauty, it was simply too large to be anything but unwieldy. It’s large even for Tenno that have chosen to use a slighter, smaller Warframe.

Barring the use of necramechs as heavy weapons support, the Sati  probably had the longest lifespan of any of Father’s creations, because many of them were sold to Corpus and Orokin civilians. While profoundly expensive, a portable, maneuverable weapon that could be used to melt Infested targets and crack Sentient armor in the close quarters of spaceships was absolutely worth it to those who ran the Solar Rails during the Old War. Some of the richest Corpus still boast a Sati in their quarters - either bought with the cost of an asteroid estate 

*I totally forgot to stat the explosions. Huh.

Artist Notes

So, fun fact: Sati is an Indian tradition involving a widow throwing herself on her husband’s funeral pyre. This being made by a man who spent much of his (immortal) life hating his wife, I’m guessing you can fill in the blanks.

This gun here is inspired by Mortarion’s Lantern pistol, the Van Saar “magma-las” combi-pistol (which is a meltapistol mounted above a laspistol. I loved the silhouette) and the Dark Angels Plasma Burner. Using Mortarion’s pistol as a reference* was actually sort of a spur-of-the-moment thing - the original version had a more conventional 40k Plasma Gun’s “barrel,” with a curved vented opening at the front, and vertical plasma coils. But, I had to revamp a lot of things because… while, it’s pretty obvious I’m using 40k stuff as a reference, I’ve also gotta make it obvious I’m putting my own spin on this. 

The Plasma Burner is, as 1d4chan eloquently described it, “a plasma flamethrower.” I thought that was such a cool idea, so I got to work trying to “transcribe” it into this game. The most difficult part was making sure this felt unique while still feeling like a pistol flamethrower. I have more than a few sidearms that fit similar niches, so I had to make sure it felt different. High crit, relatively low status, and the need for sustained streams of damage  seemed like a good idea.

The unique siphon mode actually spurs from something Teoarrk once told me on the warframe forums. Namely, that a lot of Siphon modes just… aren’t that interesting. When you think about it, really think about it, so many of them bil down to “tap altfire, deal Big Damage” with little real strategy involved. I don’t even know how the Mausolon’s altfire works yet, because it feels so unintuitive. I do, however, love the Sepulcrum’s altfire.

So the Siphon mode (and the ammo bonus while Siphon is full) is meant to  add a unique dimension to this - making it something you can use strategically. Something you can use to ensure nigh-bottomless amounts of fun with flamethrowers.

*it is not the first time I’ve used the Lantern as inspiration. It will not be the last.

Stats

Primary Fire

Trigger: continuous 
Range Limit: 28
Blast Radius: 3.2m
Beam thickness: 0.1m
Magazine: 80
Fire Rate: 12
Reload: 3.2s
Damage: 16
7 Heat
5 Radiation
4 Slash
Critical Chance: 44%
Critical Multiplier: 2.0x
Status Chance: 20%
Infinite enemy punch-through

Secondary Fire

Non-hitscan
Trigger: Semi
Magazine: 2 -- 10
Fire Rate: 3
Total Damage: 120

On Impact
Damage: 40
12 Impact
20 Radiation
8 Slash
Critical Multiplier: 2.4x
Status Chance: 28%

Area attacks:
Damage: 80
40 Heat
28 Radiation
12 Slash
Critical Multiplier: 2.4x
Status Chance: 28%
Blast Radius: 3.2m

Build notes: the ideal riven for this thing would probably have cold damage so you can add viral. Y’know, if you want to have Primed Fulmination and a riven.

• Like 3