Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fluffy's warframe concepts - weapons and enemies! (Newest concept - 𝑻𝒆𝒏𝒏𝒐 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑺𝒉𝒐𝒕𝒈𝒖𝒏!!)

(XBOX)Fluffywolf36

While Warframe has removed sniper and shotgun ammo and folded them into Primary (Does this mean all primary rivens are just "primary" and I don't just wait months to see a shotgun riven? Fascinating.) I'm still going to keep weapons grouped into rifle, shotgun, and sniper on this thread. Not that I make many sniper pool weapons, for whatever reason. There's two reasons for this:

1. It's easy for you to tell what it does by just clicking on the tabs

2. I'm too lazy to change my table of contents too much. 

I haven't been as into Warframe lately, on account of playing a lot of Fireteam Elite (it can be exhausting, and I sometimes want a change of pace after horde shooting) but I've rekindled my love as of trying to solo a Kuva Fissure mission last night. I felt so overwhelmed, and that was great! Rest assured, I'll have some good ideas soon... iiiiiiin addition to the ones I've continually pushed further and further to the side.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

While Warframe has removed sniper and shotgun ammo and folded them into Primary (Does this mean all primary rivens are just "primary" and I don't just wait months to see a shotgun riven? Fascinating.) I'm still going to keep weapons grouped into rifle, shotgun, and sniper on this thread. Not that I make many sniper pool weapons, for whatever reason. There's two reasons for this:

1. It's easy for you to tell what it does by just clicking on the tabs

2. I'm too lazy to change my table of contents too much. 

I haven't been as into Warframe lately, on account of playing a lot of Fireteam Elite (it can be exhausting, and I sometimes want a change of pace after horde shooting) but I've rekindled my love as of trying to solo a Kuva Fissure mission last night. I felt so overwhelmed, and that was great! Rest assured, I'll have some good ideas soon... iiiiiiin addition to the ones I've continually pushed further and further to the side.

Completely understandable suh! I have been everywhere doing everything, yet, always come back to Warframe when I can desperately scrape up the time.  So hard to find it these days!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Unus said:

Completely understandable suh! I have been everywhere doing everything, yet, always come back to Warframe when I can desperately scrape up the time.  So hard to find it these days!

it's not unlike being a brony and keeping a stuffed pony in your bed. It's a reminder to you that at the end of the day, you still put so much into this fandom and it would feel unsatisfying to truly turn your back on it all.

Also, any thoughts on the Columbaria? it's in a very unfortunate spot of being at the bottom of a page right now.

Edited by (XBOX)Fluffywolf36

Currently going through Styanax's Leverian, and I'd like to say:

"Aw yeah that's some good sh**."

Stuff like the Great Unraveling and Age of Despots is... actually  not that far off from lore I myself have written, like the Great Hunt and the Thaw Cultures.  Though I have no idea what the hell the Smaragdine Concord is. The fok's smaragadine, anyway? What does the color green have to do with any of this?

Whatever happens, I have a good feeling about the direction Warframe's about to go in.

33 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

it's not unlike being a brony and keeping a stuffed pony in your bed. It's a reminder to you that at the end of the day, you still put so much into this fandom and it would feel unsatisfying to truly turn your back on it all.

Also, any thoughts on the Columbaria? it's in a very unfortunate spot of being at the bottom of a page right now.

Examination on my part says:

Ah, some Zentrati flavor in here, eh, complete with a bit of "essence manipulation " like dear old gram gram and ma ramble about on occasion.

Quality lighting effects as always suh, but, what's this I see here, smoke effects coming into play? Ooooo, how delightful. Texturework, is, as always, sublime, coming quite close in several areas to in-game material mapping.

Hm. . . detecting a hybridization of a few shotgun concepts into a singular form here. Bitta Plasmor, dash of Drakgoon.

Ah, little mistake here in ""Others, however,(.)preferred the Sati  Others, however,.preferred the Sati, claiming that a pocket flamethrower was more useful at melee range,(Need a period instead of a comma)"

So far, statwise. . .

Hm, slow load, faster fire, and consumes a lotta ammo chunkies, but, not quite to the degree of making it a battery-hog.

Heh, I'm only familiar with the charge rifle of TitanFall. How much differentiation has gone on in the old gal since those ancient days?

50 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Currently going through Styanax's Leverian, and I'd like to say:

"Aw yeah that's some good sh**."

Stuff like the Great Unraveling and Age of Despots is... actually  not that far off from lore I myself have written, like the Great Hunt and the Thaw Cultures.  Though I have no idea what the hell the Smaragdine Concord is. The fok's smaragadine, anyway? What does the color green have to do with any of this?

Whatever happens, I have a good feeling about the direction Warframe's about to go in.

Ooooooo, Age of Despots you say? No THATS certainly a memory I to have from my own work as well! Perhaps they listen to us both on occasion, or, perhaps, our man in the glass shares a braincell with us?

28 minutes ago, Unus said:

Quality lighting effects as always suh, but, what's this I see here, smoke effects coming into play? Ooooo, how delightful. Texturework, is, as always, sublime, coming quite close in several areas to in-game material mapping.

Some of it actually is lol. Drawing Entrati weapons is very difficult.

Thanks so much!

30 minutes ago, Unus said:

Hm. . . detecting a hybridization of a few shotgun concepts into a singular form here. Bitta Plasmor, dash of Drakgoon.

Well, that and one I made myself, but essentially yes! That, and I thought it was cool to have the gun essentially shoot a small sun.

31 minutes ago, Unus said:

Ah, little mistake here in ""Others, however,(.)preferred the Sati  Others, however,.preferred the Sati, claiming that a pocket flamethrower was more useful at melee range,(Need a period instead of a comma)"

Whoops, my bad. Will get to that soon enough.

31 minutes ago, Unus said:

Heh, I'm only familiar with the charge rifle of TitanFall. How much differentiation has gone on in the old gal since those ancient days?

I've made about six guns that work like the charge rifle from Apex Legends, and I still struggle to describe this. See, it's kinda like a burst rifle, but it fires a continuous beam. At the end of the beam, it fires a massive high-damage shot with slight recoil that is also hitscan. 

It's weird. It's really weird.

32 minutes ago, Unus said:

Ooooooo, Age of Despots you say? No THATS certainly a memory I to have from my own work as well! Perhaps they listen to us both on occasion, or, perhaps, our man in the glass shares a braincell with us?

yo WHAT?!

...Also seriously, considering how often we've been on the same wave as DE, it wouldn't surprise me. 

So THATS why it made sense! Hehe.

Ah, I think I get it, a slight tickle right before punch in the gob, almost like a warning for a player to get away or, on your end, to tell if your actually on target through the floaty damage numbers, heh. Not like my old gal where you wound up and SWUNG FOR THE HEAD.

OH, yes indeed! Over here with the Suesh a few years ago. 

Status Updort:

• The next gun is gonna be called the TRANSFUSIL! It's... it shouldn't be that hard to guess what it does.
    • If this doesn't work, I have an emergency backup sketch I can use to throw an updort together. I'm not a hundred percent sure what to do with said emergency backup, but I'm at least 70% sure. That's good, right?
  • In addition, I've made a sketch of a redo of the Estampida. I've used that thing as the gold standard for powerful pistols on this thread, which is ironic considering that its art has not aged well at all. It should look a bit uncannier, a bit neater. After that, I may redo either the Bruin or Naga. Haven't decided yet.
  • It really is a bit unfair that the Depezador got as many redraws as it did, so this'll be a good opportunity to bring in new views.
  • Remember that mushroom-themed frame I mentioned awhile ago? Well, I'm still working on them a bit! I'll post updates on the next frame soon enough. She'll be female, of course, all the frames I've made here have been male. The biggest stumbling block I've had with coming up with frames is that it all comes down to crowd control. And while that's not bad, I don't like feeling like I'm doing the same thing super often.

Since that's all I have about a week after the last gun, I'm gonna do another lore updort:

....a misnomer.

Corpus historians dubbed this era The Age of Despots for the preponderance of cruel and vile tyrants who would stake out fiefdoms all over the Origin System, from pre-Concordian Corpus to the ancient Sunjammers that plied the solar waves off Mercury. In its early days, the Age of Despots was dominated by Orokin remnants - the Grineer Queens, Executor Amita, the Lawful Authorities (a cult to Nihil the Glassmaker), Grand Dax Vell, Executor Amita Pauzu, Bataara Entrati, and infamously, Karissh the Glutton. Many of them had their hands on the necks of inter-system commerce, providing valued services in a world where the Cephalon Weave and ancient Datasea no longer functioned regularly, and supplies traveled less along solid lines and more along dotted ones.

And faced with this challenge, the Tenno did what they were made to do.

They killed.

They reaped these Orokin remnants as a farmer does with his wheat, culling them from the Origin System without mercy. Whenever an Orokin remnant rose to prominence, spreading ancient wealth to the system, the Tenno would find its leaders and kill them. Executor Pauzu's death stands out among these many as the cruelest, as a Vulkodlak Frame methodically removed her face, nailed it upside down above his own face with a Bolto Prime, and then ate her alive while staring at her with her own upside down face, one eye poking through what was once a mouth. Only the Grineer queens escaped similarly grim fate, whether due to their own insignificance or some lingering sympathy the Tenno had for the Grineer. 

But that is only the early days of the Age of Despots.

In this era, the most prominent sources of food, technology, or industry were bound to be beheaded by the Tenno. And so, new despots rose within the power vacuum the Tenno were creating. Some were bandit lords. Some were greedy empire-builders that thought they could ape the success of the Golden Lords without attracting the attention of the Tenno. Others still were desperate people who would do anything to ensure that their moon would not sink into a state of decay and filth worse than the "Bad Old Days" predating the Orokin. Cardinal Ragnok Ichisbur, the Tyrant of the Norse Group, said as such:

"I wanted only to keep my people safe. I make no apologies for what I did to ensure this.

I lied. I cheated. I stole. I razed Rhea. I am sure that her merchants - adherents to Parvos' Golden Hand - believed that they were their own masters now, that they could create their own manors and sell to the highest bidders. I killed those who resisted, and put the rest to work in the fields at the point of my Scindo. Certainly, I was a monster by some metrics.

But it was this or starvation. I may be judged for my actions, one day. For how I punished people for crimes I myself committed. All I ask is: Would you have fought me? Would you have cheerily marched into the fields and factories, or died rather than take what you needed?

I hope that whoever reads this sits in a privileged enough position that they can say no. 

Ichisbur was "fortunate" enough to have seized their territory long after the last Tenno had retired to cryosleep. However, they were later killed by a Jovian alliance of Corpus that later rejoined with the Plutonian Corpus in the First Expansion. This , in a nutshell, describes how the Corpus define the Age of Despots. Heroic merchant marines coming to profit the Origin System by conquering Ichisbur's beloved Norse Group, or orbitally bombarding the Celian Continuity.

And yet: Bidanian Theists refer to this era as the Great Thaw. Why?

Simply, because this so called age of despots... was not ruled exclusively by such despots. Bidanian Theists such as Torris argue that this so-called dark age was an age of an unparalleled explosion of creativity. Indeed, the Cursed Moon rose to prominence in this benighted era, ancient Iapetus made bold strides in e-democracy in response to Enceladus' claims to have created the first democracy in untold millennia. Bidanians, Quills, New Loka, and other religious groups were finally able to freely practice their religions. The Himalian Renaissance created some of the finest artwork to grace the Origin System. In this book, we shall discuss some of these lesser-known...

"Beyond the Age of Despots," by Dr. Tesmi Kasrek

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Status Updort:

• The next gun is gonna be called the TRANSFUSIL! It's... it shouldn't be that hard to guess what it does.
    • If this doesn't work, I have an emergency backup sketch I can use to throw an updort together. I'm not a hundred percent sure what to do with said emergency backup, but I'm at least 70% sure. That's good, right?
  • In addition, I've made a sketch of a redo of the Estampida. I've used that thing as the gold standard for powerful pistols on this thread, which is ironic considering that its art has not aged well at all. It should look a bit uncannier, a bit neater. After that, I may redo either the Bruin or Naga. Haven't decided yet.
  • It really is a bit unfair that the Depezador got as many redraws as it did, so this'll be a good opportunity to bring in new views.
  • Remember that mushroom-themed frame I mentioned awhile ago? Well, I'm still working on them a bit! I'll post updates on the next frame soon enough. She'll be female, of course, all the frames I've made here have been male. The biggest stumbling block I've had with coming up with frames is that it all comes down to crowd control. And while that's not bad, I don't like feeling like I'm doing the same thing super often.

Since that's all I have about a week after the last gun, I'm gonna do another lore updort:

Sounds fun, looking foreword to see what you do with a mushroom themed frame and the lore yo wrote about the age of despots is interesting.

2 hours ago, Neo3602 said:

Sounds fun, looking foreword to see what you do with a mushroom themed frame and the lore yo wrote about the age of despots is interesting.

The secret to writing lore like this is to read lots of Tobias Buckell, Alastair Reynolds, and China Mieville while also reading lots of 40k lore. And also having experience at retconning things because you worked for a S#&$#*!%er with no grasp of canon once.

Also, to explain something (cause the thought occurs I actually should explain it) - the e-democracy used by Iapetus involved each citizen having an implant in their brain allowing them to vote on any issue floated by the Iapetan Senate. I took this idea from Tobias Buckell.  I met Buckell once, doing a reading of the book I took this from. It was a good year.

Tenno ‘Estampida’ Revolver

"The gold standard for Tenno revolvers. This massive top-break, low-barrel pistol fires slow, heavy rounds more suited to a lever-action rifle that hammer through enemies with ease and ricochet on hard surfaces. Comes with increased zoom.”
–Codex

Special Traits

• +50% bonus headshot damage.
  • High enemy punch-through, no object punch-through
  • Tap altfire for increased zoom!
  • Stampede Rounds: Ricochets on hard surfaces after kills redirect themselves towards enemies.
  • Gunrunner: Can be fired while sprinting.

tenno__estampida__revolver__redraw__by_f

Lore

The Tenno heavy revolver, designed by Haruka Lorne herself to kill the biggest game in the Origin System - be it Sentients, Infested megaforms, particularly heavyset Grineer, Corpus Proxies, or other stranger things from the long-forgotten fringes of the Origin System.

It’s chambered for high-caliber, low-velocity rifle rounds close in size to a baseline human’s thumb, which would more easily fit in a lever-action rifle.  These rounds overpenetrate enemies with ease, ricocheting on hard surfaces. 

Curiously, shots fired after kills often ricochet towards enemies in defiance of common sense, though not to the absurd degree of the Adjudicas. How exactly the revolver defines what its rounds bounce off of and what they penetrate is… uncertain. There’s little difference between the materials composing Infested ‘moss’ that coats infested ships  and Infested combat forms, or Corpus bulkheads and Corpus bulkheads. This has led to speculation that the Estampida somehow reads the killing intent of the user, and amplifies this through the use of void energy to control the behavior of the rounds. This is supported by its use of Sentient metamaterials in construction, which are well-known for superconducting void energy.

Haruka Lorne, however, has said that maybe it’s best not to think too hard about it.

Beyond those oddities, it boasts few of the peculiarities common to higher-end Tenno firearms. It does not require repeated hits to reach optimal damage (like the Depezador or Laetum) or create Specters on kill (like the Ballistica Prime) or shoot explosive rounds (the Sepulcrum and Largo) or randomly boast an infinite mag (like the Magnus Prime.)

It’s just a simple top-break revolver that fires really, really big bullets.

And as a result the Estampida performs like a sniper rifle cut down to pistol size, firing massive rounds with a visible vapor trail that can knock a Grineer with mutant myostatin on the floor. The only downside is that it fires lower-velocity rounds than its competition. It’s somewhat harder to use at range than a Lex Prime, but those Tenno who can lead targets will find themselves taking down targets that’ve been up-armored into virtual walking tanks.

It comes with a zoom mode that can be activated by tapping the altfire key. Said zoom mode has more in common with the Veldt or Argonak, as basic zoom mode doesn't use a scope. 

Currently, Estampida revolvers are a favorite among Tenno that prefer weapons that trade magazine size for sheer power (but don’t go so far as to enjoy the Knell). 

Stats

Damage: 166

Impact: 77

Puncture: 50

Slash: 39

Crit Chance: 36%

Crit Multiplier: 3.0x

Headshot Multiplier: 4.5x

Magazine Size: 6

Fire Rate: 2.6

Enemy Punch-Through - 2m

Reload Time: 3s

Projectile type: Non-hitscan

Artist Notes

Originally, I wasn't gonna do this, but, well, it turns out that IT IS THE THREAD'S FIFTH ANNIVERSARY (damn! JAM!) so why not celebrate it with something that's 1), a piece of thread history, and 2),  a revolver. Which is most of what this thread does.

As always, I'd just like to thank everyone who's been there on this thread and made it what it is - @Almighty_Jado, @Teoarrk, @Neo3602@Unus, @Teridax68@keikogi,@KaffeRausch, modernmercenary (who redesigned the Fuselok. I wonder why this was so popular sometimes) @HugintheCrow (even if he probably won't respond to this tag) stellarseeker, @BlackDiamondAce, and especially @Unus. You might be wondering why I mentioned Unus twice, and the answer is simple - I like that part =D And hell, I'll even thank Sean Bigham for approving of the Meridian autoshotgun that one time, along with whoever it is that probably looked at the Meridian when they made the Cedo.

Thanks, everyone. It wouldn't have been the same without you. A lot of you have stuck with me since the art looked like this:

dckxm6w-4c122b97-4ff9-4a9f-8f33-bdbb851f

It still looks a little more normal than the average Tenno gun, don't get me wrong, but... well, it's supposed to look like Vash's gun, and this was as far as I was willing to push that. A lot's changed since this art. I learned to shift-click. I learned not to have the paper showing through it and just call it "good enough." I learned not to overuse textures.  I even learned to stat this stuff!

There was a brief period where this thing had a combo mechanic similar to the Arca Scisco, where I'd just grasp at straws and barely write out lore, but I'm glad I'm past that. You wanna know how this should feel?

Wingman Elite from Titanfall 2. That’s how this should feel. 

The Wingman Elite is, without exaggeration, the most fun revolver I’ve used in any game. On paper, it shouldn’t be. It’s non-hitscan and has a fairly low rate of fire in a game where everyone is zooming around at the land speed record, possibly while double-jumping. 

And yet: 

I have lots of fun times with the thing, mapping people in three shots with it, nailing them with midair headshots, and somehow managing to headshot two people in one shot with the thing. Three times. Seriously. Once, I did it in one shot. You haven’t felt like an epic revolver gamer until you’ve one-shot headshot someone from the hip, possibly in midair, with this weapon. Also, technically it has no recoil. Sure, it has high visual recoil, but the reticle doesn't matter at all. The recoil only matters as something the gun does between shots.

It punches through up to two enemies, it ricochets on hard surfaces (at least if you have the ricochet mod installed - this was never very “me”) and it’s one of very few guns that can kill people in one headshot.

Considering the overpenetration and the fact that it comes with a pre-installed ricochet mod, it's probably like a pistol version of the Halo sniper. So if you haven't played Titanfall 2, just imagine this as the Halo sniper rifle in pistol form.

Now, art-wise, things get interesting. I love Warframe. I love Trigun. I love that Mesa is a walking reference to both Trigun and other Yasuhiron Nightow works, like Gungrave.

There's a lot of references to Nightow in Mesa's design - the little cylinders all over her call to mind the tubes that Nightow draws all over Trigun's spacesuits, the Peacemakers remind me of Beyond The Grave's twin Cerberus pistols, her outfit reminds me of Beyond The Grave (from Gungrave) and Brilliant Dynamites Neon, (from TRIGUN, SON! 🙂 ) the Mesa Falcon Helmet makes her look even more like both of them, her animations with the Peacemakers remind me of Beyond The Grave himself...

I even colored Mesa in reds and yellows just to make her remind me of Trigun. 

With all these references made, and a few more Nightow-styled weapons I want to do, (SOON™) I figured that a Trigun-like revolver was a fun idea. I tried to do this about 3 times, but each time I tried, they were just... well, either too silly, (like the time I went for a 3-barreled version because visual pun) or had relatively uninteresting silhouettes that really didn't preserve the, uh... Nightow-ness... of the revolver. It looked more like a Chiappa Rhino, honestly. Meh.

Then I finally had a breakthrough! I decided to add the hammer assembly of the Settler Pistol from Rage and various Mateba revolvers, for the sake of making a unique silhouette.

Some more fun notes about this, artistically: Yes, I did use the Clone Stamp tool to add in parts from the Knell. What're you gonna do about it? Also, one of the panels on the front, just above the barrel.

• Like 5

So I ran some numbers, and apparently with a Secondary Deadhead arcane, the Estampida would be able to do 7.2x damage on headshots.

On the one hand, this sounds broken and the game has power-creeped into the upper levels of my original weapons scaling. On the other hand, I do not actually care. This sounds baller.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

So I ran some numbers, and apparently with a Secondary Deadhead arcane, the Estampida would be able to do 7.2x damage on headshots.

On the one hand, this sounds broken and the game has power-creeped into the upper levels of my original weapons scaling. On the other hand, I do not actually care. This sounds baller.

It's not aoe damage , it's fine.  It goes as far is to require people aiming.

It's not even good against most bosses because a lot of times the weakspot is not the head.

BTW given that the weapon has no alt fire and ricoshots , have you considered a coin alt fire. Played quite a bit off ultrakill and man the coin is the best alt fire I ever seen on a game. I can't quite explain everything about the coin but here a essay on ricoshots. And yes it takes thar much time to explain coins, the video is not overly long.

Edit: current desing is good , I would say even beautiful on its simplicity it's a revolver that hits really hard, and if you are accurate it will fix you ocossional missed shots. I just can't miss a chance to preach ultrakill gospel. Don't let the graphics fool you. That game is amazing. 

Edited by keikogi