Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fluffy's warframe concepts - weapons and enemies! (Newest concept - 𝑻𝒆𝒏𝒏𝒐 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑺𝒉𝒐𝒕𝒈𝒖𝒏!!)

(XBOX)Fluffywolf36

1 hour ago, Neo3602 said:

Sounds fun, I love weird stuff.

And I love doing weird stuff!

It's like a tradition to try and come up with my own ideas for factions or groups in the Origin System and just throw out some weird, out-of-context thing like this and be all like "HAHA! This is not Grineer, Corpus, Tenno, or Sentient! WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THAT"

_object_45_i_98__plasmoid_shotgun_by_flu

• Like 2

7 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:
8 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

super Pandero. Perhaps even what Pandero prime should have been when you consider how normal that feels compared to regular Pandero.

I struggle (a lot) with coming up with distinct silhouettes for weaponry, especially revolvers

Revolvers are kind hard to make a unique siloute for a revolver because most of the desing is kinda off fixed(most of the mechanical components of the gun are visible and part off the siloute ) and deviating from it just makes the gun not look like a gun, so it ends up looking like a toy. even pistol in general have quite a bit of leway because of the hidden compontes give more leway for changes on the chassi. for example this pistol was made 

600px-Zip22Right.jpg

Thankfully, I have 4-6 more revolver ideas for the near future. There's a full-auto one inspired by The Last Wrod, one that's basically a full-auto pocket opticor, (I'm saving that for later) one that's basically also a pocket opticor except it's a railgun instead of a laser, there's that thing in that picture from about a week ago inspired by the Enmitic Pistol (not sure what it does - might be baby charge rifle from Apex?) and one that reduces armor and shields on headshots. As inspired by how much trouble we have on Steel Path.

This is a good line up 

also out off the enmitic weapons thing , whats the diference from a gauss weapon ? 

ext post will actually be a sniper rifle or some bizarre near-alien thing. Probably the latter.

looking foward to it 

That's great! I'm also hoping it's balanced a bit by how unforgiving it is if you miss. It was tempting not to, but it took all of ten seconds to figure that at Maximum Potential this thing is basically an Amprex (or, for more current WF players, pre-nerf Kuva Nukor) in revolver form.

Probably best that isn't easy to keep up lol.

the chance to miss is what  makes the weapon balanced because it caps the effective fire rate and incentivizes skill. If you want to be particulary kind making it a loose 1 or 2  stack at time ( like the gun arcanes ) it could find a midle ground but I utimetely think the all or nothing is the best aprouch. There shouçd be some gerar thats strong on the merits off the player and not the mods. 

Sounds like uhhh....

super Pandero. Perhaps even what Pandero prime should have been when you consider how normal that feels compared to regular Pandero.

I'm thinking that it this was to happen, it'd need to be a pistol (possibly semiauto?) that looks like a weird revolver. Something like this but with a much fatter mag.

Depends the lore angle you aprouch it. If you go for entrati that one fits perfectly. 

If you go for the corpus one i think this one fits better with the whole granum executive look 

635949466344266217-IdealConceal1.jpg?wid

Since we do know the corpus still use tablet ( the gameplay from the corpus dude on tenocom ) mayve even have some more nonsensical feature for a gun like touch screen triger pull or other such nonsense. these weapon would be powered by specter particles so thats why it can repeat a player headshot

The last angle you can go is a mutalist gun or infested gun, give the gun a visible heart like the dual ichor. make the heart beat faster each head shot, if the heart reaches a certain fire rate the gun phisicaly tranforms and gais aim bot  capabilities. If the players stops headshoting the heart slows down 

lucas-hug-infesteddualaxes-02.jpg?151153

also i do agree , pandero prime is paintifully normal 

1 hour ago, keikogi said:

Revolvers are kind hard to make a unique siloute for a revolver because most of the desing is kinda off fixed(most of the mechanical components of the gun are visible and part off the siloute ) and deviating from it just makes the gun not look like a gun, so it ends up looking like a toy.

Honestly, we're lucky I've managed to get this far making unique revolver silhouettes. And we're also lucky I'm schooled on revolvers with unique silhouettes, like the LeMat, the Chiappa Rhino, and BFR. There's also one inspired more by the Mateba than the Rhino.

The Magnus and Pandero lapse into this problem of which you speak. Like... the Magnus is sort of recognizably a revolver, but the proportions are so weeeeeird. The thing that saves the Vasto's design is that it always makes me think of the Savage revolver.

Savage_Navy_Revolver.jpg

Just with a fatter cylinder.

600px-Zip22Right.jpg

Oh God. The Zip Gun. I've seen things that look like they were hammered together in boxes of scraps that I'd rather use. That is not a joke.

Spoiler

chechen-4.jpg

There's also stuff like the Kel-Tec P50, which is... special. Still not sure if I'm making that Grineer or Tenno. 

This is a good line up 

also out off the enmitic weapons thing , whats the diference from a gauss weapon ? 

Thanks again! It is... very difficult. Sometimes it annoys me that so much of my gimmicks for revolvers specialize on headshots,  but what can ya dae. 

As for what an Enmitic weapon does.... honestly? I have no damn idea.  I just worked from the silhouette cause I like it, it looks like a combination between a plasma pistol and a revolver but made by Necrons.

Hexamark_Enmitic_Pistol.JPG

1d4chan describes it as "Enmitic Weapons creates pulses which when hit causes the victims atoms to be repelled from each other violently. Functionally the same as Necron Gauss weapons (both are disintegration rays) but more violent. Imagine something akin to the District 9 microwave gun."

There's a lot of unknowns about why it's called enmitic, how this works, what any of this means. 

2 hours ago, keikogi said:

Depends the lore angle you aprouch it. If you go for entrati that one fits perfectly. 

...I never did make that Entrati revolver I wanted to. 

The last angle you can go is a mutalist gun or infested gun, give the gun a visible heart like the dual ichor. make the heart beat faster each head shot, if the heart reaches a certain fire rate the gun phisicaly tranforms and gais aim bot  capabilities. If the players stops headshoting the heart slows down 

Might not do that here, but there's an Infested gun idea I had awhile back that I still haven't done anything with. That would work well there.

filename_by_fluffywolf36_de6tplo-pre.png

True that. I'm willing to give a pass to earlier Prime guns like the (ak)vasto prime or Soma because they have such good stats and they're so fun to use, but after stuff like the Corinth, Ballistica, and Pyrana, I look at the Pandero and Tenora Prime and...

...that's it?

• Like 1

This part felt crowbarred into the next post, but it also felt too well-written to ignore. So:

Codex: The Far Black

The Far Black is a catchall term among spacers for the furthest reaches of the region known on ancient charts as the Kuiper Belt . Captains bold enough to ply the outskirts of the Far Black and fearful enough of Grineer attacks each tell themselves that they might one day find a treasure that makes them legendary.

Few people do so, but those who find beneficial salvage or archeotech in this desolate stretch become legendary.

It is a lonely place, lit only by outposts such as Sedna, Bidan and Dziewanna, and roving Oeizu rockhoppers. Orokin towers and facilities used for things too terrible to remember, some Infested, dot its vast emptiness.

Perhaps stranger still are the ruins of non-Orokin provenance. Strange ships flit across the sensors and disappear as quickly as they’ve been picked up. Ruined generation ships lie adrift. Asteroid fortresses of unknown origin show up on the radar of Corpus and Grineer ships alike, and fade into its inky void almost as soon as they’ve appeared. It is rife with the wreckage of abortive attempts to leave the Origin System, a particular standout being the massive “moongun” installation meant to turn generation ships into munitions aimed at new systems. 

Perhaps the most infamous location is the Makemake Graveyard, the sight of a catastrophic battle on the moon Makemake, fought between Orokin ships and derelict vessels of unknown prominence. Curiously, many of the ruins have signs of exploded engines, and most paleo-archeologists and archeotechnologists agree this was the sign of an exodus from the Origin System that was quashed by Orokin authority.

• Like 1

??? 'Nanocaust' Nanorifle

_nanocaust__nanite_rifle_by_fluffywolf36

“A relic of a bygone civilization predating the Orokin. Composed of an advanced carbosilicate nanite substrate, it fires a short burst of flash-forged nanite munitions that explode on impact.”

Special Traits

•  Repeated hits on enemies increase damage of the next round in the burst by 10%, for a total of 30%. This resets each burst.
  •  Headshots increase explosive radius. Headshot kills spawn four projectiles that home in on nearby enemies.
  •  A charged shot has no muzzle climb.
  •  Built-in Ammo Conversion

Lore

The Far Black is a catchall term among Corpus spacers for the furthest reaches of the region known on ancient charts as the Kuiper Belt. Crews who traverse the Far Black, searching for ice asteroids or comets full of extrasolar material go to sleep every night-shift, dreaming that they might one day find a treasure that makes them legendary.

Few people discover any such find… But sometimes, that old dream comes true and they find something like the Nanocaust.

The loading process is… interesting. The hexagon-shaped “petals” open up, and a container of material is fed into a hollow just ahead of the trigger guard. The Nanocaust then deconstructs the mag, using it to construct long, slim needles composed of nanitic swarms, which burrow into enemies, and use the mass of a target to create a swarm of nanites. The more enemies within its blast radius, the more damage it’s capable of dealing. How exactly the Nanocaust propels these, nobody knows. I sure don’t.

The weapon can also be charged for higher damage… and lighter recoil. The nanites also feed data back to the weapon, allowing it to deal 10% more damage (up to 30% more)  for each round in a burst that hits an enemy.  This is capped by multishot and resets at the end of the burst.

Kills with this weapon cause a final, explosive detonation of the enemy, and headshot kills spawn several homing nanite projectiles, not unlike those spawned by a kitgun. To the untrained eye, this looks identical to a weapon dealing gas damage through the use of elemental mods. It is not - it’s actually a cloud of nanites, swarming over enemies and propagating.

Due to its use of nanites, less-educated mercenary crewmembers - Ostrons, Solaris, and those from Corpus slums in New Corposium and the Jovians - often mistake it for an Infested weapon the first time they see it. However, to quote a Mycona guide mercenary by the name of Nobu Sabal, whose rant became a minor meme on the Corpus-controlled Weave:

Infested? Void-damned Infested?! Did you ever see an Infested gun that didn’t look like it was scraped off a burn victim with a skin condition? And this, these spores… ‘archaic’ isn’t the word. They’re like a kind of artificial Infestation. All mechanical, couldn’t affect meat if I wanted it to.”

This speech made quite the stir in both the Ganymedean and Corpus academies, the latter of which demanded to know how a “savaged, debased descendant of the Corpus” could know that, and sparking debates on the history of nano-weaponry. The Corpus made strides into developing something along those lines, with the Jackal’s auto-repair seen as the clearest success.

Some claim this nanotech (like Ostron “floating markets”) is a product of one of the Thaw Cultures, but the most accepted theory is that it even predates the Orokin. That last one is a roundly disliked hypothesis in some groups, as the Orokin state myth (which persists into the present day of the Origin System) claims that they were the most advanced group, unifying unwashed, nullgrav-deformed barbarian masses that slipped from the coil of humanity, fighting the golden tide with ancient gunpowder weapons that were less than useless against Orokin armor.

Various records from the earliest days of the Orokin reference a civilization known as the Esha who had a grasp of advanced nanotech, and a particular affection for hexagons. Common speculation is that it was created by them, though some whispers suggest that it is of extrasolar make...

Comparisons:

Its projectiles are 8.3% slower than that of the Cenotaph.

Artist Notes:

Look, you know it, I know it - Outbreak Prime was a big influence on this. The basic idea on this one was “Outbreak Prime but with hexagons.” There’s also some influence from the R3K from infinite warfare (I like that design. For… some reason. I don’t know why) and the Bad To The Bone skin from Apex Legends.

The lore for this weapon… I’m gonna be honest. It got out of hand. There’s a post on my WF thread composed of some lore of the Far Black (which was pretty incidental to this, NGL) that I had to excise, because I ran the risk of this becoming a story with a gun attached.

This is yet another example of my thread’s time-honored tradition of adding new factions or groups to Warframe’s world and history. One thing that’s bothered me, just a little, is how… small the Origin System can feel. It’s implied frequently that there are people out there, beyond all the fighting, keeping their heads down (which, when you consider how ludicrously destructive just one Tenno can be, isn’t unfair) but sometimes, what with just fighting the same three factions (and the Sentients) and only talking to the same few groups unaffiliated with the two monolithic superpowers that rule the Origin System, I feel like it’d be interesting to make this world just feel… a bit larger.

So that’s why the Fluffy “Canon” has at least two independent moons (Iapetus and Ganymede) and a few unaffiliated groups like the Oeizu, Dziewannans, and the Scum (who I totally forgot about). Because I like making WF’s present feel more expansive. The same goes for its history. I’m not a hundred percent sure of Warframe’s backstory, but an idea I’ve toyed with for awhile is that there was a push into space predating the Orokin rise to power, not unlike in The Expanse. And then some kind of cataclysm happened, possibly involving a Robot War, which cut off the colonies, leaving countless millions or billions to die. Then, the Orokin launched a crusade to conquer the Solar System, and you know how that song and dance goes. 

I find this very interesting, because knowing the Orokin, their rise to power across the Solar System never could have been bloodless...

Stats

Trigger: Burst-charge
Burst Count: 4
Fire Rate: 7.35
Magazine: 60
Max Ammo: 120

Uncharged:

On Impact:

Damage: 30
14 Slash
10 Puncture
6 Impact
Critical Chance: 21%
Critical Multiplier: 2.1x
Status Chance: 35%

Radial:

Damage: 40
24 Gas
16 Slash
Critical Chance: 21%
Blast Radius: 4m

Charged:

Charge Time: 0.7s
 On Impact:
Damage: 60
28 Slash
20 Puncture
12 Impact
Critical Chance: 28%
Status Chance:35%

Radial:

Damage: 80
48 Gas
32 Slash
Blast Radius: 6m
Edited by (XBOX)Fluffywolf36
  • Like 3

The Umpteenth Revolver Update:

I'm currently on a short ponies-and-titanfall break. Which is basically what I normally do.

Depezador:

Actually, there's not much to do here. I'm probably okay.

Estampida:

...I really should update this one, it's one of my favorite guns, but out of everything I've posted I think the art quality of this thing has aged the worst.

I'll go and remaster this thing at some point. When it does, there'll be some reworked stats meant to... well. You'll see.

On 2018-08-23 at 11:47 AM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Tenno 'Estampida' Hunting Revolver

tenno__estampida__revolver_by_haruaxeman

"A heavy Tenno revolver firing heavy overpenetrating rounds for massive trauma. Comes with increased zoom."

Stats

Damage: 140
      Impact: 66
      Puncture: 46
      Slash: 28
Crit Chance: 34%
Crit Multiplier: 2.4x
Headshot Multiplier: 2.4x

Magazine Size: 6
Fire Rate: 2.6
Enemy Punch-Through - 2m
Reload Time: 2.6s
Non-hitscan

Special Traits

1.5x bonus on headshots (Yes, in addition to the normal 2x bonus on headshots. And crits. This isn't affected by mods. I'm not a monster, after all.)
Increased Zoom
High enemy punch-through, no object punch-through

Description

The Estampida performs like a sniper rifle cut down to pistol size, firing massive armor-piercing, staggering non-hitscan rounds that overpenetrate enemies with ease and ricochet on hard surfaces. It comes with a zoom mode that can be activated by tapping the altfire key. Said zoom mode has more in common with the Veldt or Argonak, as basic zoom mode doesn't use a scope. 

It's primarily focused on impact and puncture, though it does have Slash damage. Again, I'm not a monster.

It could easily be built for status and crit. That said, personally I'd go for crit with three dual-stat rounds for maximum damage.
The Estampida has high enemy punch-through, and ricochets on hard surfaces. After exhausting its object punch-through, it will bounce on hard surfaces up to three times while overpenetrating enemies. This still does damage, mind, though kills with ricochets do not increase the combo bonus. That just feels... weird. While its slightly lower rate of fire can make it feel somewhat sluggish at close range, its overpenetration and ricochets should help with that, giving it excellent crowd control.

Also: Although the rounds aren't hitscan, they're fast enough you probably won't notice. Just like the Wingman Elite from Titanfall 2. Being non-hitscan is mostly an aesthetic choice so you can watch the vapor trail.

Aim for a line of enemies and see how many you can take down in one shot! This should feel rewarding, powerful, and like a tiny little sniper rifle.

Comparisons to similar weapons

•  Depezador Prime - the Depezador Prime has a higher fire rate, more rounds, and more crit. Especially after the combo. All this said, it's probably better at close-mid range, which is helped by the shotgun altfire. The Estampida has higher damage and status, though, and is better at long range.
    •  ...I don't know if this is true for the Telos and base versions, but I like the idea of the Estampida outstripping the base version of the Depezador.
  • Arca Scisco - The Scisco has higher magazine size and more crit. Also, it has a better scope, but less damage.
  • Knell - The Knell has higher damage (naturally) but nowhere near the crowd control. The Estampida still performs better in close-range gunfights, though both are outperformed in that respect by the Depezador. Though the Knell wasn't made for close-range gunfights. You can use the Estampida at close-medium range, it's just that there's better stuff out there. Better stuff that does not overpenetrate, but whatevs.

Artist Notes

First and foremost, let's talk about how this should feel. I toyed with making it 3-barreled, but that just... I just didn't like it. It didn't click with me. Finally, I decided that it should emulate one of my favorite revolvers in gaming - The Masher from Borderlands 1!

...Nah, I'm just kidding. This is meant to feel like the Wingman Elite from Titanfall 2. Which I expected to hate when I first used it, but in a weird way, it grew on me. The genuinely useful sight, the range, the way it felt so rewarding when I managed insane headshots (I still remember nailing a headshot with it when I was wallrunning at full tilt) with it, and the way it felt like a sniper rifle in pistol form. Considering the overpenetration and the fact that it comes with a pre-installed ricochet mod, it's probably like a pistol version of the Halo sniper. So if you haven't played Titanfall 2, just imagine this as the Halo sniper rifle in pistol form.

Now, art-wise, things get interesting. I love Warframe. I love Trigun. I love that Mesa is a walking reference to both Trigun and other Yasuhiron Nightow works, like Gungrave.

There's a lot of references to Nightow in Mesa's design - the little cylinders all over her call to mind the tubes that Nightow draws all over Trigun's spacesuits, the Peacemakers remind me of Beyond The Grave's twin Cerberus pistols, her outfit reminds me of Beyond The Grave (from Gungrave) and Brilliant Dynamites Neon, (from TRIGUN, SON! 🙂 ) the Mesa Falcon Helmet makes her look even more like both of them, her animations with the Peacemakers remind me of Beyond The Grave himself...

I even colored Mesa in reds and yellows just to make her remind me of Trigun. 

With all these references made, and a few more Nightow-styled weapons I want to do, (SOON™) I figured that a Trigun-like revolver was a fun idea. I tried to do this about 3 times, but each time I tried, they were just... well, either too silly, (like the time I went for a 3-barreled version because visual pun) or had relatively uninteresting silhouettes that really didn't preserve the, uh... Nightow-ness... of the revolver. It looked more like a Chiappa Rhino, honestly. Meh.

Then I finally had a breakthrough! I decided to add the hammer assembly of the Settler Pistol from Rage and various Mateba revolvers, for the sake of making a unique silhouette.

Some more fun notes about this, artistically: Yes, I did use the Clone Stamp tool to add in parts from the Knell. What're you gonna do about it? Also, one of the panels on the front, just above the barrel (Yes, the barrel is in the 6 o'clock position. This is fairly common) was going to be brown, but I changed that. I just didn't like it.

This Thing!

upcoming_wf_revolver_by_fluffywolf36_der

I'd rather not say what it does yet. Plus, there's that one lefaucheux revolver-like thing I was sitting on and ignoring.

Another upcoming revolver!

This is... going to be awhile off in the future, I'm currently taking a short sabbatical from the thread so I can focus on some pony art and some fanfic. But rest assured, it'll be in the next 3 posts or so. Maybe four.

IMG-1648.jpg?width=688&height=516

I begin to wonder if too many of my Tenno pistols are revolvers. Maybe one of the next few - maybe after this, maybe not - can be a Tenno pistol that's not a revolver.

UPDATE: I have decided that after the next Tenno revolver, I'll upload this one. 

5 hours ago, (XBOX)O37GEKKO said:

the sketch of the mutalist vulkar looks great tbh would be cool to see aladv scemeing with the grineer at some point lol

Man, that thing's like four years old. I totally forgot about it till you brought that up!

Maybe I could bring that back...

5 hours ago, (XBOX)O37GEKKO said:

your nanite rifle looks like this tbh... but i like your design... oh gawd its already been primed XD

outbreak-prime-exotic-pulse-rifle-destin

This was very, very intentional. :P Except I wanted to use more hexagons. Oh, and at least one Flatline skin.

dallas-doan-flatline-v2-01-edited.jpg?16

• 2 weeks later...
Le 16/09/2021 à 04:30, keikogi a dit :

Revolvers are kind hard to make a unique siloute for a revolver because most of the desing is kinda off fixed(most of the mechanical components of the gun are visible and part off the siloute ) and deviating from it just makes the gun not look like a gun, so it ends up looking like a toy. even pistol in general have quite a bit of leway because of the hidden compontes give more leway for changes on the chassi. for example this pistol was made 

600px-Zip22Right.jpg

This is a good line up 

looking foward to it 

the chance to miss is what  makes the weapon balanced because it caps the effective fire rate and incentivizes skill. If you want to be particulary kind making it a loose 1 or 2  stack at time ( like the gun arcanes ) it could find a midle ground but I utimetely think the all or nothing is the best aprouch. There shouçd be some gerar thats strong on the merits off the player and not the mods. 

If you go for the corpus one i think this one fits better with the whole granum executive look 

635949466344266217-IdealConceal1.jpg?wid

Since we do know the corpus still use tablet ( the gameplay from the corpus dude on tenocom ) mayve even have some more nonsensical feature for a gun like touch screen triger pull or other such nonsense. these weapon would be powered by specter particles so thats why it can repeat a player headshot

lucas-hug-infesteddualaxes-02.jpg?151153

Seems like the weapons from "Sisters of Pravos" have now adopted the idea of * suitcase weapons *. I would have preferred a 007 Warframe with a silencer case gun, but DE always seems to be interested in the ideas here.

• 2 weeks later...

So, the schedule I have planned for this thread goes:

1. Lore update of some kind. Maybe Ayatans, maybe a Leverian

2. A gun inspired by the fourpounder.

3. Some weird thing. Maybe Corpus, maybe Grineer.

4. An upcoming revolver.

Two and Three may be reversed, but... since it's been a short period of time since I did a revolver, I'd prefer to put it off awhile. I also don't like how often I go back on my word when I say 'Next post I'll do X!' and then it's another big semiauto pistol or revolver I'd like.

Also speaking of revolvers, it turns out I like totally forgot to include the version of the Adjudicas showing it reloading. My bad.

tenno__adjudicus__revolver__with_reload_

• Like 1

19 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

So, the schedule I have planned for this thread goes:

1. Lore update of some kind. Maybe Ayatans, maybe a Leverian

2. A gun inspired by the fourpounder.

3. Some weird thing. Maybe Corpus, maybe Grineer.

4. An upcoming revolver.

Two and Three may be reversed, but... since it's been a short period of time since I did a revolver, I'd prefer to put it off awhile. I also don't like how often I go back on my word when I say 'Next post I'll do X!' and then it's another big semiauto pistol or revolver I'd like.

Also speaking of revolvers, it turns out I like totally forgot to include the version of the Adjudicas showing it reloading. My bad.

tenno__adjudicus__revolver__with_reload_

Ooooo, going for “reload modeling” now, eh? Hehe, the evolution continues! Only a matter of time till your animating your guns and selling them to Digital as skins!

I know THAT feeling suh! October seems to be the busiest time of year for my work, so, every time I get ready to announce one of my Warframe, Warhammer, or short story pieces to the world and it’s production, I get bulldozed with more work that side tracks it. Hope I get SOMETHING in soon, feelin a bit anxious about that time gap between designs I’ve spotted.

1 hour ago, Unus said:

Ooooo, going for “reload modeling” now, eh? Hehe, the evolution continues! Only a matter of time till your animating your guns and selling them to Digital as skins!

It's sort of a sometimes thing for me tbh

Sometimes, like with the Cromlech, it makes sense cause the real reload is bizarre... in this case, I needed to make sure the viewers knew why this specific swing-out cylinder was weird. If I said that, I figured most people would think something conventional like on, I don't know, a Smith and Wesson 629.

...In hindsight I probably should've done this for the Naga, which I said reloaded like the Wingman from Titanfall 2 (not Apex). That reload is weeeeird.

maxresdefault.jpg

look at this lmao

2 hours ago, Unus said:

I know THAT feeling suh! October seems to be the busiest time of year for my work, so, every time I get ready to announce one of my Warframe, Warhammer, or short story pieces to the world and it’s production, I get bulldozed with more work that side tracks it. Hope I get SOMETHING in soon, feelin a bit anxious about that time gap between designs I’ve spotted.

Huh. Funny how that happens. In my case, it's more cause I'm sitting on a 95% finished design, (it's statted, drawn, and just requires a reload diagram) a 70% finished design (it's not statted - in fact, it's based on one of my pistol builds from Aliens Fireteam. But it does have art!) and I just don't want to post them yet cause like...

One, I go back on my word on what I'll do next on this thread all the time. Two, I have this weird allergy to feeling like I'm doing the same thing on this thread without shaking it up a bit. 

• 2 weeks later...

Infested ‘Vertebrator’ Rifle

“Birthed in the death-wombs of the long-dead Celian Continuity of Eris, this Infested weapon deals Corrosive  and spreads any status effect afflicting an enemy to those within a small radius.”

—Codex

infested__vertebrator__burst_rifle_by_fl

Special Traits:
Pandemic Rounds: Shooting an enemy afflicted with a status effect has a chance to spread that status effect to another enemy within a 3.6m radius.

Lore

Testing, testing…. This is doctor Loos Kanageyan, anthropologist and archeotechnologist, and I’d just like to put it on the record that I asked: “what the hell did you just put on my desk?!”

Except, well, that’s not my desk - I’m taking notes on a  dataslate outside an Infestation containment unit in the Chirurge-Class Dreadnought. 

Back in the Academy on Io, they had a replica of something like this. It’s a relic of the Celian Continuity, “birthed from their death-wombs” or so I heard.

Since Tenno love guns like most people love their mother, I’ll explain how it functions. Sort of. All the science behind this was lost a long time ago. 

This was one of their weapons. I don’t…. I don’t know how it works. We killed everyone who did. All I know is that if you shoot someone with this, any effect they’re hit with will transfer to an enemy nearby. And somehow, this energy weapon deals biological damage.

It shoots six-round bursts. But, if you hold the trigger down, like this… it’s divided. First three rounds punch through enemies, second three-round burst fires when you take your finger off. Not unlike a Tigris or Balaenis or Zylok. Except holding the trigger down? It charges those three shots for maximum damage, making them explode on impact. I don’t pretend I know how this works.

Last time anyone saw these fire was back during the Third Great Corpus Expansion, in those early days when the Thaw Cultures filled a vast gulf between Grineer and Corpus Space. Back then, Grineer were… sort of a boogeyman for those out on the new frontier. Believe it or not, back then, the stories were of inhumanly beautiful, broad, tall hairless creatures that would abduct and disassemble your children. But that’s not important now.

See, Pluto is a piss-poor planet. The only reason it’s such a fixture is that it’s the seat of Granum’s power, and it’s got auto-factories and machines nobody knows how to make anymore. We… they needed to grow. It was the most comfortable we’d been since before the Collapse. But there was one obstacle: the Celian Continuity.

What my ancestors did? That was colonialism, pure and simple. But the Celian Continuity, they were bastards through and through. Here’s some perspective. After the Orokin fell, the scattered peoples of the Origin System found many different tech bases. The Oeizu dusted off their old knowledge of atomics, the Dziewanans use a combination of nanomachines and printing that predates the Orokin, the Cursed Moon had the best grasp of Orokin metamaterials and Void science and managed to create things from nothing, and the Celians…

They used pure, raw, Infestation. They saw the Infestation as a way to become the New Orokin, and strategically bred strains to augment their strength, give them a kind of telepathy, augment themselves for specialized roles, and from that came a belief that we were all barely sapient tumors that walked. Course, when you consider what they looked like, this was probably projection. The historian M’kimuro said they’d “force their communion on people as they disassembled their own skulls into a nest of screaming mouths and tentacles, forcing this grotesque appendage into every orifice of the fearful unfortunate’s face in a grotesque parody of a kiss…”

(Eeeugh)

So we killed them all. We sterilized the moon, scouring any trace of them from it. We thought it worked, but, well, you know how that song and dance goes.

AND TARJA LEM JUST GAVE YOU ONE, YASSIN?!

Yassin: HEY! IT WAS PAYMENT FOR SERVICES RENDERED!

Kanageyan: “WHAT SERVICE?!

Yassin: “I murdered an asteroid!”

Kanageyan: “...you murdered the entire population of an asteroid?”

Yassin: “...no.

Kanageyan: “I’m just not gonna touch on that.”

I really do hope, though, that seeing something this unspeakably dangerous isn’t a sign of worse things to come. Infestation cults… they’ve always been something of a nuisance. My buddies back in archeotech studies, the Tenno might’ve come and abducted them, we’d tell horror stories about the kinds of nightmares that Infestation cultists create. The Cult of Arlo? 

...Hate to say it, but I saw it coming. Infestation cults do this every time they rear their ugly heads, promising miracles that can put you back on the level of the Orokin. Maybe even higher. Why do you think Doctor Tengus’ decrepit, tumorous spier van plesier tugs against his smock whenever he thinks of the Infestation? Why do you think Black Seed thinks they can make bioweaponry work? Simple. The Infestation breathed spores into them and used them as an antenna to broadcast them a simple idea: they could become gods. 

And so, they’ll come up with strains or breed-models of Infestation that find some new way to turn everything around you into a potential time bomb. There was an Infestation cult back on Europa, once. The Solaris miners found some beating heart or tumor under the ice, and…

...I was examining the ruins of New Zagreb there, once. I saw… I saw a Solaris miner in a parka get bisected at the stomach by a plasma shotgun, watched their legs pick themselves up, and run towards us. Its spine… no, its spines had regrown, and it was swinging bony protrusions that had become flails and axes towards us. Like a buzzsaw with legs. And then his midsection picks itself up. The head-grate swings open, sinew and gristle between the slats, and starts opening and closing like a mouth, and I swear to the Void I can see it becoming teeth. And the head, there’s veins connecting it to something behind the mouth, it’s like the head has become just another appendage. It shoots out, both heads screaming something that sounded almost but not quite like language.

A tentacle shot out from its back, it hooked itself to a wall, and started shooting at us with a mining laser. It was just…. Mouths and tentacles. And a laser. A laser that I’m pretty sure had grown out of its arm. 

So, anyway. You see Infestation? Burn it. Then rip out its roots and burn it again. Rinse and repeat till you feel safe.

Stats

Trigger: Duplex-Burst-charge
Burst Count: 3(6)
Fire Rate: 
Magazine: 66

On Impact:

Damage: 40
              8  Slash
16 Corrosive
6  Puncture
10 Impact
Critical Chance: 16%
Critical Multiplier: 2.4x
Status Chance: 42%
Punch-Through: 0.8m
Status Radius: 3.6m

Charged:

Charge Time: 0.4s
 On Impact:
Damage:: 40
     8  Slash
     16 Corrosive
     6  Puncture
     10 Impact
Critical Chance: 16%
Critical Multiplier: 2.6x
Status Chance: 48%

Radial:

Damage: 29
18 Electric
11 Puncture
Critical Multiplier: 2.6x
Status Chance: 48%
Blast Radius: 3.6m

Artist Notes:
I was going to post a LORE UPDATE on my thread, but then I was all like ‘screw it, why not, it’s been like a month.’

There were a few main ideas here: creating something with the Proliferation effect from Outriders, (which spreads status to nearby enemies) creating a weapon that was essentially the Marker as a firearm, adding some unique lore, and creating a weapon with a frighteningly bizarre trigger. I mean… Duplex-burst-charge? What?!

And one more thing. This weapon was spawned solely because I was trying for a piss-take of the way 40k writes lore of stuff like the Xenos deathlock used by blackshields. Which is officially described as There existed many terrifyingly powerful xenos technology weapons encountered during the Great Crusade, which, through incredibly effective, had been declared prohibited by Mechanicum and Emperor alike for their detrimental effects on the body and mind of a human wielder. The desperation of certain Blackshield forces, however, had overcome such concerns. Those weapons sought out by certain groups of Blackshields were prized for the trauma they inflicted upon the foe -- enemies not torn apart by their horrifying effect were assailed by a storm of soul-wrenching alien horror. Such weapons had been encountered in a range of classes, such as the Extinction Carbines of the Khrave or the psycho-mobius claw-guns of the Kala Sistrum being the most commonly sought-after amongst Blackshield forces.”

If you’re wondering what literally any of that means… good question. So the phrase “Spawned in the death-wombs of the Celian Continuity” arose.

Also, @Teoarrkthis is the Infested thing I said you inspired.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Infested ‘Vertebrator’ Rifle

“Birthed in the death-wombs of the long-dead Celian Continuity of Eris, this Infested weapon deals Corrosive  and spreads any status effect afflicting an enemy to those within a small radius.”

—Codex

infested__vertebrator__burst_rifle_by_fl

Special Traits:
Pandemic Rounds: Shooting an enemy afflicted with a status effect has a chance to spread that status effect to another enemy within a 3.6m radius.

The Tiranids called and they want their weapon back.  Jokes aside seems like a really nice weapon