Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fluffy's warframe concepts - weapons and enemies! (Newest concept - 𝑻𝒆𝒏𝒏𝒐 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑺𝒉𝒐𝒕𝒈𝒖𝒏!!)

(XBOX)Fluffywolf36

Next couple guns are gonna be mostly single-target. I do have an upcoming revolver that'll feel like The Scrambler from Enter the Gungeon, and I probably have a bunch of weapon ideas that'll be great for AoE and crowd control. It's just that after all the non-hitscan explosives since September or so, I'll enjoy a change of pace.

• Like 1

Tenno 'Pasanius' Revolver

Tenno 'Pasanius' Revolver

‘A masterwork anti-armor revolver using caseless, telescoped corrosive armor-piercing ammo. When Haruka Lorne made this, she must’ve really, really hated armor.”
Codex

Special Traits:
Decompressing Rounds: Headshots reduce armor and shields for 8 seconds. Procs can stack similar to corrosive.

Tap Altfire for increased Zoom. Note: this is less than the Estampida and especially Naga (because that’s scoped).

Low Bore Axis: Low, predictable vertical recoil and spread compared to other weapons.

Lore

A massive revolver designed by Haruka Lorne, using a unique type of swing-out cylinder. It fires unique armor-and-shield penetrating rounds that punch through multiple targets. Somehow, on headshots, it inflicts an effect not dissimilar to the Decompress proc from Railjack, reducing armor and shields for eight seconds. This is in addition to the Corrosive proc, and yes - it is counted as a status effect under that one mod that’s basically condition overload for pistols. 

The best comparisons to this weapon are likely other Haruka Lorne revolvers - the Depezador, Estampida, Naga, Makina, and Adjudicas. Among others. While it lacks the raw power of the first three or the crowd control of the latter two (or the unique balance of the UN LOBITO revolver) the Pasanius is distinctive among them for its sheer utility. 

It has slightly above-average crowd-control utility due to its punch-through and the ability to reduce armor (and even shields) of enemies. This makes it an excellent sidearm when used against large, heavily armored Infested or heavily shielded Corpus, whittling away their greatest advantages. It’s also one of the extremely few weapons in the Tenno arsenal that can deal viral, fire, and corrosive, making each shot a deadly cocktail of status effects likely to knock enemies off their feet.

Even if it might not always kill one enemy in one hit, it’s a great way of ensuring they’re just that less likely to survive the next hit… or setting them up for devastating final combos. Or adding on Galvanized shot for more ridiculous damage numbers.

Its low bore axis gives it lower, more controllable recoil, which makes it just that much easier for precision shooting.

From what Haruka Lorne can remember, this was mostly used to crack Sentient heavy armor during the Old War. Its advanced nano-substrate was capable of such astonishing amounts of self-heal, to a point that some Sentient heavy armor was almost capable of healing at the point of impact - in addition to being able to rework itself to adapt to most energy discharges, save for the most exotic energy weapons (Bosonic weaponry*, gravitational weaponry, antimatter weapons, maelstrom and void weaponry) the Orokin could gather.

That’s probably most of what it was used against.

Probably. 

Hopefully.

*I like bosonic weaponry. That'll probably come up at some point.

Stats

• Magazine: 8
  • Reload: 3s
  • Trigger: Semi
  • Fire rate: 3.6
  • Damage: 154
  • 48 Slash
  • 38 Puncture
  • 44  Corrosive
  • 28 Impact
  • Status Chance: 33%
  • Critical chance: 24%
  • Critical multiplier: 2.6x
  • Headshot Multiplier: 3.15x
  • Punch-Through: 0.6m

Artist notes

It’s… genuinely pretty difficult for me to come up with engaging single-target gimmicks. It’s easy for me to come up with explosive weaponry, or ways to otherwise spread damage around the map. Thaaaat, and sometimes I feel like my earlier, simpler ideas for single-target weapons (radial explosions, increasing the crit up to 9x, increased zoom with silenced shots and bonus headshot damage, literally just the Wingman Elite) are just more responsive than newer ones. Not unlike how brown-chest items in Enter The Gungeon like Double Vision and Lead Skin outdo higher-tier items.

So I tried to go for a return to form here, asking myself “What’s a simple, effective way to make this feel useful?” And this was the result. Even if I’ve pushed the possible power of my various guns in this game to frankly unreasonable levels, (an Akvasto Prime isn’t even that good and I’ve routinely oneshot Steel Path enemies with it) not everyone is in this situation… and there’s some enemies that are just that frustrating. Grineer Bombards of all kinds, anything with metric tons of armor, various overshielded enemies….

And this should just be a pretty nice backup gun to use against them. It’s got inherent punch-through, so it’ll be useful if your primary is out of ammo and you need to whip something out, or if you went for a primary that doesn’t have much crowd control. It’s got armor strip, so it’ll have utility against Corrupted Bombards if you don’t have a ridiculous Riven installed. And you’ll also have some antiarmor and anti-shield ability if you’ve built it for use against Corpus but you’re on a mission with Grineer. And vice versa.

Really, I just want this to feel good to use. 

This doesn’t do as much one-shot damage as some of my other revolvers. And that’s sort of by design - again, it was meant mostly for the utility of just having quick armor strip. Plus side, though, if you built it for Viral and Heat, you will almost certainly kill most enemies in 2 shots.

Edited by (XBOX)Fluffywolf36
  • Like 3

Tenno 'Strigoi Prime' LMG

tenno__strigoi_prime__lmg_by_fluffywolf3

“A rare Tenno-Sentient hybrid weapon that can be considered either an automatic DMR or a slow-firing LMG. Using advanced exotic Tau materials scavenged from battles against the Sentients, this weapon superconducts any ambient void energy released, drastically increasing its fire rate and power… and adding a unique damage effect.”

Lore

Haruka Lorne was contracted by the various Orokin archimedians who made the Soma Prime to help design this weapon. Unfortunately, midway through the design process, she was high as balls on various entheogens, and the Strigoi Prime was the result - a bizarre heavy automatic weapon that blurred the line between DMR and LMG. Much like the Soma, it uses a harmonica-like design that moves as the weapon fires. Unlike the Soma, however, it is bullpup - and the magazine, upon being loaded into the magazine well, automatically cranks itself upwards. 

Initially, ‘LMG’ feels like a strange category for this firearm. It simply doesn’t have the blistering fire rate of the Soma, its little brother. It emphasizes precision from slow, high-caliber rounds. 

Among the various separatist groups of the Origin System that steadily grew in numbers towards the end of the Old War, its slow, sparing report made it easily confused for a DMR. In fact, this is arguably the best way to use it, assuming you’re not casting. Its low fire rate makes it extremely easy to control, and it’s exceptionally accurate and powerful. It also has slightly increased headshot damage, making it even better for precision damage.

In its own way, the Strigoi developed a reputation as dreaded as the Soma. While it didn’t have the capacity to mow down entire squads with its mag, it  could punch through most light cover with ease… and if the user got a clear shot on a target, it would pulp them and any unfortunate behind them.

This was before its second, most unique trait. The unique Tau materials used in its construction resonate with Tenno power, superconducting void  energy for 30 seconds, causing the vents on the barrel to vent out crackling energy in lightning-like arcs. Firing a shot will reduce the timer by 2 seconds. This has two unique effects - firstly, the fire rate and projectile speed increase by 30%. Secondly, it adds a damage bonus corresponding to the Warframe’s Lich Progenitor damage type. For example, Frost adds a cold damage bonus. 

Fun fact: as you press Mesa’s 1 twice, you overcharge it twice for one ability!

The next shot fired after a kill with this weapon while it’s in “superconducting” mode will have a guaranteed proc of the Frame’s Lich Progenitor element*. This is not as useful with magnetic most of the time but eh.

Among Tenno, however, it has a unique nickname - the puzzlebox - owing to the complexity of modding it. A common joke among Tenno during the Old War (and even in the current day of the Origin System) was “here’s three, now pick any two.” Any effective build of the Strigoi is at the cost of something else, be it status, crit, or fire rate. 

To build it, you need the requisite Prime parts... and some kind of Sentient resource, perhaps some Sentient Cores.

*I was going to tie it to headshots but that just… it didn’t seem like a good idea. Do I really want players running around with a gun that does 102 damage and guaranteed heat procs?

Stats

•  
  • Trigger: Auto
  • Ammo: Rifle
  • Rate of Fire: 5 | 6.5
  • Magazine: 80
  • Reload: 3
  • Projectile Type: Non-Hitscan

Uncharged:

• Rate Of Fire: 5
  • Damage: 98
  • 49 Slash
  • 20 Puncture
  • 29 Impact
  • Critical Chance: 39%
  • Critical Multiplier: 2.2x
  • Status Chance: 24% 
  • Headshot multiplier: 2.1x

Charged:

• Rate of Fire: 6.5
  • Damage: 102 (80+22 Lich Element?’)
  • 51 Slash
  • 15 Impact
  • 10 Puncture
  • 26 Lich Element
  • Critical Chance: 41%
  • Critical Multiplier: 2.1x
  • Status Chance: 30% 
  • Headshot Multiplier: 2.1x

Artist Notes:

So. If there was a bigger WF concepting community nowadays, I’d probably be known as “that guy who makes a lot of guns that’re dependent on headshots.” The Depezador Prime, one of the first WF concepts I did, increases the critical multiplier for every headshot you get, up to 9x. The next revolver I did is basically the Wingman Elite from Titanfall 2 and has 50% bonus headshot damage. As does that last assault rifle I drew, and the Bruin assault rifle from awhile back.

DE, once before, has divided their weapons into categories of crowd control, precision, and bullethose. This is essentially a fourth category, which I’m going to call “flow,” something that directly interacts with or exaggerates your playstyle, like that shotgun pistol I made awhile ago that gets refilled by melee kills.

It’s pretty obvious how this works on the Strigoi. You're meant to use it like a DMR by getting a few more shots off than you might be able to with a semiauto, and you're meant to use powers often to coax maximum performance out of this weapon.

This was all inspired by the Rampage LMG with Apex Legends, which I like.... sort of. I don't like how it's so much more cartoony than all the relatively grounded stuff we got from Titanfall 2, but I think it's very interesting how you use a resource to supercharge it. It’s at its best when you use it less like an LMG and more like a battle rifle that just happens to be full auto, except for the fact that it doesn’t have any serious DPS. But when you charge it with a thermite grenade, then it becomes awesome!

But you can’t do that in WF because… we do not have grenades. And if we did, it’d be super cumbersome to get them and DE would just forget about it. So now, you just cast an ability to increase the DPS. Because that’s the closest thing we have to grenades.

Stat-wise, this thing is built to make a complete fool of you. 

You can build it for 100% status after casting an ability, but it requires dual dual-stat mods and galvanized shot. You can build it with Primed Shred to increase the DPS a bit, but that means not having as much status chance. But if you’re not using Hunter munitions, you’re not taking advantage of this thing’s critical stats.

Also, if you play Frost, the cold damage bonus allows you to build it for radiation and toxin, while also casting your powers to deal radiation and viral with some toxin. But this will probably trip you up if you play a Frame that does not deal cold damage. 

If you got a Riven for this, you’d better hope you have several hundred thousand Kuva. The perfect Riven for this would be hard to find.

• Like 4

On 2022-01-08 at 10:24 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

masterwork anti-armor revolver using caseless, telescoped corrosive armor-piercing ammo. When Haruka Lorne made this, she must’ve really, really hated armor.”
Codex

Special Traits:
Decompressing Rounds: Headshots reduce armor and shields for 8 seconds. Procs can stack similar to corrosive.

Tap Altfire for increased Zoom. Note: this is less than the Estampida and especially Naga (because that’s scoped).

Low Bore Axis: Low, predictable vertical recoil and spread compared to other weapons.

A bit off weird one with the railjack status proc but I don't see a reason agiast it. Also it has a interesting niche against enemies that regenarete massive amounts off shields like the yellow raknoid since it reduces the maximum shield 

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Tenno 'Strigoi Prime' LMG

tenno__strigoi_prime__lmg_by_fluffywolf3

“A rare Tenno-Sentient hybrid weapon that can be considered either an automatic DMR or a slow-firing LMG. Using advanced exotic Tau materials scavenged from battles against the Sentients, this weapon superconducts any ambient void energy released, drastically increasing its fire rate and power… and adding a unique damage effect.”

This one a find a bit weird on the visual side. Sentient weapon or weapons using their tech usually have a sentient bone somewhere ( neat visual language to imply our use to sentient tech is not that far off our use off rhe bones off creatures humans hunted millenia ago , crude and with not much knowledge off why it works ) . The weapon that nail that visual desing are 

BSnCFDK_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

Since it was made by the orokin well deeper comprehension is expected but at least change the energy colour to red so people now at glance there is something diferent about the weapon. Or remove the description about sentients and just have the Tau materials stick.

The lich tie in mechanic is really interesting,  never considered that on a gun.

So. If there was a bigger WF concepting community nowadays, I’d probably be known as “that guy who makes a lot of guns that’re dependent on headshots.” The Depezador Prime, one of the first WF concepts I did, increases the critical multiplier for every headshot you get, up to 9x. The next revolver I did is basically the Wingman Elite from Titanfall 2 and has 50% bonus headshot damage. As does that last assault rifle I drew, and the Bruin assault rifle from awhile back.

Because on headshot is one the most skill expressive triggers a gun can have. It's overused because it's good no need to be sorry about it. 

DE, once before, has divided their weapons into categories of crowd control, precision, and bullethose. This is essentially a fourth category, which I’m going to call “flow,” something that directly interacts with or exaggerates your playstyle, like that shotgun pistol I made awhile ago that gets refilled by melee kills.

It’s pretty obvious how this works on the Strigoi. You're meant

I actually thing the game really need "flow" weapons. We need guns that help a melee slay style , need melee weapons that are useful on ranged build , we need guns and melee weapons that go well on a " caster " play style and so on. 

3 hours ago, Teoarrk said:

Art good, unique concept is really awesome. Stat block is solid, 10/10.

Glad you liked it! I was a bit worried I gave it too much crit and status...

I often transfer some of my pistol gimmicks to assault rifles and vice versa. I.... do not want to do that here. "Flow" weapons should be as oddball as possible.

1 hour ago, keikogi said:

A bit off weird one with the railjack status proc but I don't see a reason agiast it. Also it has a interesting niche against enemies that regenarete massive amounts off shields like the yellow raknoid since it reduces the maximum shield 

4 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Does it? huh. Honestly, I was thinking more about how good it'd be about armor, but it's nice to see you being so receptive.

This one a find a bit weird on the visual side. Sentient weapon or weapons using their tech usually have a sentient bone somewhere ( neat visual language to imply our use to sentient tech is not that far off our use off rhe bones off creatures humans hunted millenia ago , crude and with not much knowledge off why it works ) . The weapon that nail that visual desing are 

...At the time I thought that having all the curly, hollow shapes in it was fine, but that's a good point. Perhaps I can change the energy color, edit in some bone-like structures...

Because on headshot is one the most skill expressive triggers a gun can have. It's overused because it's good no need to be sorry about it. 

4 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Fair enough, this is not going to be the last example of this (The next revolver will have it, probably). I just don't like feeling like I'm doing the same kind of thing all the time.

I actually thing the game really need "flow" weapons. We need guns that help a melee slay style , need melee weapons that are useful on ranged build , we need guns and melee weapons that go well on a " caster " play style and so on. 

Interesting. What do you think would be some good ways to do this? Like.... what's a particular way players act that we 

It's also not exactly the first time I've used something in this vein. I also did come up with a shotgun pistol idea that's meant to work in concert with melee.

On 2021-04-21 at 1:42 AM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

infested__enferon__shotgun_pistol_by_fluffywolf36_dei69pg-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3siaGVpZ2h0IjoiPD0xMDI0IiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMTM4Y2RhNTItYTUxOC00MGI1LTljMzItOTAwOGFkZTliMjhhXC9kZWk2OXBnLTRjZmIxNTRlLTJhYmEtNGQ3NC1hZTM3LTc0MGM2MTAzOTcxMy5wbmciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTAyNCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.whu7Fp00tTA8jLMFD23j-pbdWbswtUQCkVMgFvDVK0A

A relic of Mars reshaped by the Infestation and excavated from the surface of Mars by Father. In addition to being a powerful shotgun… melee kills can “feed” ammo into its magazine, and it comes equipped with a barbed tentacle that drags enemies toward you - or you to them. It’s a true berserker’s weapon.”

Special Traits:
Meathook: Tapping altfire will shoot out a barbed tentacle that pulls enemies towards you if you’re standing… and towards them if you’re in midair.
Carrion: Melee kills reload the weapon and even “overstuff” the magazine, bringing it up from 3 to even 6. Shots with this weapon after melee kills do increased damage. And yes, this stacks with glaive mods.

Fun fact that I never mentioned - yes, this does stack with that one glaive mod.  The Cascabel from awhile back may also count, considering that it's designed to be used for pushing against the enemy... and  bonus damage once you're on the last shot.  

On 2019-07-06 at 3:05 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Tenno 'Cascabel' Pepperbox Pistol

tenno__cascabel__pepperbox_pistol_by_har

Name: Cascabel
Type: Secondary
Critical Chance: 40%
Critical Multiplier: 2.2x
Status Chance: 9%
Magazine: 3
Projectiles: 8
(9 on last shot)
Damage: 248
    Puncture: 152
    Slash: 77
    Impact: 19
Accuracy: 
    1: 17
    2: 10
    3: 3 
Fire Rate: 3.5
Reload Time: 2.0s
Range: 
    Full damage up to 17.0 m
    Min damage at 31.0 m
    65% max reduction

Special Traits:
Lightfoot: Increased movement speed while equipped. Can be fired while sprinting.
    (Sprinting is pretty unimportant, but… it seemed like it fit)
Pressurized Choke: Accuracy decreases with each shot fired - though this means that the first shot fired has absolutely incredible accuracy. 
Last Shot: Final shot fires nine projectiles and thus does +12.5% damage.

Lore

The Depezador also sort of counts, because the secondary shotgun barrel is meant to either knock out enemies that get too close (then again, why not just use melee?) or slow them  down so you can build up maximum crit.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

At the time I thought that having all the curly, hollow shapes in it was fine, but that's a good point. Perhaps I can change the energy color, edit in some bone-like structures

They indeed work to resemble them but it's not quite enought for someone to just know it's that. 

I think you can get away to not using it like bones ( most factions just don't understand eneought to make something more elegant than this , I genuinely think this what most off the sentient tech guns are )

Galvani-frogs-legs-electricity.jpg

The orokin definitely can pull off a more elegant desing. So there no need for the bones but the energy color is a must so people can easily tell there something off about the gun

Maybe you should have a look at the names weapons ( they are rhe archon but seems more like Narmer ) 

WFKORUMM-8.png

Essentially a prime weapon with fancy red energy 

Interesting. What do you think would be some good ways to do this? Like.... what's a particular way players act that we 

It's also not exactly the first time I've used something in this vein. I also did come up with a shotgun pistol idea that's meant to work in concert with melee.

In the time a did a melee rework a did a bunch off mods that helped that. You already made one off them with the Shotgun reloaded by melee kill but here list

Riot shield ( sword and shields ) - while using a secondary , gain damage reduction on attack within the melee weapon block angle. Rapaces quick melee with a short shield bash

Sharpening Sheet ( nikana) - gains % damage while holstered , loses % damage on hit ( so it has remarkable burst but bad dps ). 

Kinect Gloves ( sparing ) - stores the knecht energy from the recoil off your guns ( reduces recoil ) , tham releases it on all mighty punch. Reaches Maximum stacks after firing 500 rounds.

Thief Blade ( melee) - on hit , steal ammo from the enemy magazine and places on yours. 

Rush down ( melee) - (-50%) attack speed, on hit gains 150% attack speed and 50% combo count for 5 s ( 10 s cooldown )

Polarization ( secondaries ) - + magnetic damage ,+ bullet jump towards enemies with magnetic proc ( scales with number off procs ) 

Perfect flow ( staff ) - after 25 melee hits , gain power strength on the next cast. 

Hunter Mark(bow)- on hit gains deal increased damage towards source; on headshot- gains life steal against the marked enemy as well. 

Rodeo ( beam primary ) - +60% status chance , pull the player towards the target. 

Blade Tempo ( automatic primary ) - after landing shots 15 , increase the damage and range off the next 3 melee strikes 

Overheat ( primary with spool up time ) - 0-90% heat damge based on weapon spool. On maxium spool the fire portion of the damage becames AOE damage.

My personal favorites are rodeo ( weapon thatincreases rhe player moviment towards the target ) , sharpening sheet with the weeb one hit quick drawm style and the ript shield.

Fun fact that I never mentioned - yes, this does stack with that one glaive mod.  The Cascabel from awhile back may also count, considering that it's designed to be used for pushing against the enemy... and  bonus damage once you're on the last shot.  

The Depezador also sort of counts, because the secondary shotgun barrel is meant to either knock out enemies that get too close (then again, why not just use melee?) or slow them  down so you can build up maximum crit

I really think warframe that kind off weapon and would really benefit from than if unstant weapon switch were added so something like the depezador could truly shine ( as it is it does not give you coverage if , for example I have my tent envoy out I can use the depezador to cover both my single target and protection need )

On 2022-01-17 at 6:10 AM, keikogi said:

In the time a did a melee rework a did a bunch off mods that helped that. You already made one off them with the Shotgun reloaded by melee kill but here list

Riot shield ( sword and shields ) - while using a secondary , gain damage reduction on attack within the melee weapon block angle. Rapaces quick melee with a short shield bash

Sharpening Sheet ( nikana) - gains % damage while holstered , loses % damage on hit ( so it has remarkable burst but bad dps ). 

Kinect Gloves ( sparing ) - stores the knecht energy from the recoil off your guns ( reduces recoil ) , tham releases it on all mighty punch. Reaches Maximum stacks after firing 500 rounds.

Thief Blade ( melee) - on hit , steal ammo from the enemy magazine and places on yours. 

Rush down ( melee) - (-50%) attack speed, on hit gains 150% attack speed and 50% combo count for 5 s ( 10 s cooldown )

Polarization ( secondaries ) - + magnetic damage ,+ bullet jump towards enemies with magnetic proc ( scales with number off procs ) 

Perfect flow ( staff ) - after 25 melee hits , gain power strength on the next cast. 

Hunter Mark(bow)- on hit gains deal increased damage towards source; on headshot- gains life steal against the marked enemy as well. 

Rodeo ( beam primary ) - +60% status chance , pull the player towards the target. 

Blade Tempo ( automatic primary ) - after landing shots 15 , increase the damage and range off the next 3 melee strikes 

Overheat ( primary with spool up time ) - 0-90% heat damge based on weapon spool. On maxium spool the fire portion of the damage becames AOE damage.

My personal favorites are rodeo ( weapon thatincreases rhe player moviment towards the target ) , sharpening sheet with the weeb one hit quick drawm style and the ript shield

I've taken the time to think about that. While I don't know if this would be enough to use a slot on a gun, well... I'd be lying if I said I wasn't curious. Hitscan explosive Soma or riven-built Prisma Gorgon does sound cool

16 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

I've taken the time to think about that. While I don't know if this would be enough to use a slot on a gun, well... I'd be lying if I said I wasn't curious. Hitscan explosive Soma or riven-built Prisma Gorgon does sound cool

I could not really push the power level because on the wide context off that post ( essentially universalizing the combo count and adding the fabled "devil trigger system )

These will be added for the sake of modding equality. As it is right now melee weapons need way less forma than their ranged counterparts. So stances will be added to spyce guns a bit up and alleviate the forma consumption. 

Stances 

The stances would influence the way the second bullet spawned by the Spirit mode. A few examples. Effects only apply while in spirit mode.  

Explosive shells - turns the spirit damage into aoe damage ( radius 1,5 meters )

Bouncing shells - the spirit portion off the damage bounces up to 3 times

Seeker rounds ( projectile weapons only ) - rounds seek out enemies, reduces the spirit damage. 

Void twin ( one handed secondaries only ) -  creates a void copy off the weapon. The copy only deals spirit damage. 

Void channeling ( bow only ) - gives aoe spirit damage, doubles the damage and aoe on full charge. 

Shuriken barrage ( non explosive throw weapons ) - gives 400% innate multshot (applies before multishot mods ) for the spirit portion of the throws weapon.Reduces accuracy

The mods are not as porwefull as they sound since they are only active during said devil trigger 

On 2022-01-24 at 7:37 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

New gun coming in the next week or so. I haven't statted it yet, so have this Grineer gun as a treat.

Unknown Pistol

Heh, thinking back to my dear Zor and the game’s Zar (I will never stop wondering if there’s a connection), perhaps we’re currently looking at the Zoriana/Zarina? (A female companion to the Czar, the Czarina, with one being dominant over the other with Ms. Catherine).

I can almost see it now, dropping in a powder cartridge through break-action or side-swing, plunking in an apple-sized cannonball with a light sprinkling of grapeshot on top, then finger on the trigger, cover your eyes aannnddd, POOM! Flash and a crackle. Probably not reach that far, but, hardly matters at Grineer-typical ranges.

Though, on reading it now, this is a nox-nade launcher? Bit less cumbersome, bit faster reload  then the more Infested-orientated Torid? 

5 hours ago, Unus said:

Though, on reading it now, this is a nox-nade launcher? Bit less cumbersome, bit faster reload  then the more Infested-orientated Torid? 

Honestly, that was just there cause I was gonna take cues from how Caustic's grenade opens and closes - how there's little glowing slits from the open portion, and I was thinking the barrel might recoil as it fires.

It was also inspired by this thing.

tor-frick-shockpistol.jpg?1499619776

It's treated in game as an energy pistol.

At the time, I was thinking something like a Grineer version of a 40k plasma pistol - something that's slow, clunky, and risky, but (probably) worth it for sheer destructive power. And it has an overcharge mode.

On 2022-01-28 at 11:17 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Honestly, that was just there cause I was gonna take cues from how Caustic's grenade opens and closes - how there's little glowing slits from the open portion, and I was thinking the barrel might recoil as it fires.

It was also inspired by this thing.

tor-frick-shockpistol.jpg?1499619776

It's treated in game as an energy pistol.

At the time, I was thinking something like a Grineer version of a 40k plasma pistol - something that's slow, clunky, and risky, but (probably) worth it for sheer destructive power. And it has an overcharge mode.

Who is Caustic? Pardon the questioning.

Hm. . . my brain might be in pieces, but, is that that soviet rail pistol from Cyberpunk? I can’t tell.

Heh, my brain suddenly sees the top as a compression spring, so, the overcharge is actually just the ammunition in the well being compressed down, perhaps from carbon projectiles (those little lines and light cresecents swirling around in the chamber, unless that’s steel corrugation) into a more diamond-grade affair.

If it’s an energy weapon. . . hmm. . . trying to think. . . hm, maybe a full-blown Grineer-production model of the Seer? It does have a few design-familiar pieces to it that match the old bugger.

On 2022-01-31 at 11:05 PM, Unus said:

Who is Caustic? Pardon the questioning.

he's a character from Apex Legends - I mention him cause when you select his ultimate, a gas grenade, the grenade opens up a little bit as you prepare to throw it. Like so:

Spoiler

andrew-campbell-20191127-172552.jpg?1580

Can we Just appreciate that caustic, A scientist, Needs to be told exactly  how to use a grenade... : r/apexlegends

Hm. . . my brain might be in pieces, but, is that that soviet rail pistol from Cyberpunk? I can’t tell.

Nah, this is some art by Tor Frick, one of the concept artists behind Doom, Wolfenstein, Gears of War, and (most recently) the Ascent. I'm not a hundred percent sure exactly if it was concept art - I think it was something he did as a for fun and just had lying around, then imported into The Ascent to save time. He seems to like modeling in this rounded, chunky aesthetic.

tor-frick-robot1-01b.jpg?1496356042

Heh, my brain suddenly sees the top as a compression spring, so, the overcharge is actually just the ammunition in the well being compressed down, perhaps from carbon projectiles (those little lines and light cresecents swirling around in the chamber, unless that’s steel corrugation) into a more diamond-grade affair.

Yeah, it's corrugation. Or possibly shading. This was drawn very small. Though actually the top was intended as a 40k plasma gun reference!

If it’s an energy weapon. . . hmm. . . trying to think. . . hm, maybe a full-blown Grineer-production model of the Seer? It does have a few design-familiar pieces to it that match the old bugger.

That is... an intriguing idea.

Hmmmm....

Grineer 'Sollok' Pistol

"Essentially a production model of Vor's 'Seer' pistol, built using Narmer surplus, the Sollok is as far removed from Corpus energy pistols as a flintlock is to a Tenno weapon. But despite every disadvantage - a slow reload, slow velocity, a dangerous 'overcharge' function - it has one positive:

It fires really big plasma shots. Shots can be charged and held; release them just before the full charge for maximum effect."

Special Traits:
Overclock -  
Like Nataruk, firing just before maximum charge has some kind of damage or stat bonus.  You can actually hold charges past the maximum charge time, but the longer you do, the more chance it has to inflict heat damage on you.

Just now, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

behind Doom, Wolfenstein, Gears of War, and (most recently) the Ascent. I'm not a hundred percent sure exactly if it was concept art - I think it was something he did as a for fun and just had lying around, then imported into The Ascent to save time. He seems to like modeling in this rounded, chunky aesthetic.

tor-frick-robot1-01b.jpg?1496356042

Man slaps a face plate on the hole in the middle and paint it green and it would look like a grineer unit.

• Like 1

Narmer 'Crucias' Bosonic Pistol

narmer__crucias__bosonic_pistol_by_fluff

“The personal sidearm of Jenaidus, one of the highest-ranking remaining Kubri of Narmer. An uncanny synthesis of Infested, Sentient, and Orokin technology, this pistol fires a high-intensity blast of Bose-Einstein condensate matter that vaporizes whatever it hits through sheer kinetic force. Whatever survives this will be in extraordinary pain.”

Lore

A bosonic pistol built from Infested, Sentient, Corpus, and Orokin technology synthesized together, only given as a reward to the highest-ranking officials and soldiers of Narmer. It hurls coherent Bose-Einstein condensate matter at targets, which causes molecules in the target to shatter as their atoms are barraged with so much kinetic energy that the chemical bonds break, releasing large amounts of heat. 

It’s only a pistol, so it’s not that likely to kill a Tenno or heavily armored Grineer. But it will hurt. Against biometal targets, such as Tenno or Infested, the weapon shatters shields and burns through health. Against more lightly-armored, fleshy targets such as Corpus crewmen or the barely-modded rHumans that make up most Syndicate operators and civilians, the effects are horrific. 

This was probably intentional on Ballas’ part. 

In a way, the Crucias symbolizes everything about Narmer. It’s a strange combination of disparate influences, all brought together and covered under a gold and bronze-like shell. It also causes extraordinary pain on impact.

However - it is also a really, really good pistol. War trophies from Narmer are a hot commodity among the Origin System, as they’re often made with exotic and proscribed techniques and materials. 

A common question among Tenno is ‘how do I get one of my own?’

And the answer is simple. It all traces back to a Kubri of Narmer, one named Jenaidus. The information on Jenaidus is vague and conflicting, perhaps by design. The most consistent details of their history, provided by Jenaidus themselves, are thus:

1. They were born among the Solaris. It’s uncertain where.

2. They welcomed Ballas with open arms, and Ballas bestowed the rank of Kubri - or bridge - upon them, one of the highest ranks he could possibly give. 

3. This was because they welcomed Ballas without a veil. Indeed, they wear no observable veil.

Whatever happened,  Jenaidus received the coveted position of Kubri from Ballas himself - a rank that he only granted to those who came to him willingly and unveiled. During the fall of Narmer, Jenaidus rallied their forces to a wrecked Sentient dreadnought on Mercury hoping to use it as a rally point for one final push to reclaim even Venus. 

This did not happen.

Jenaidus found themself on Mercury with a growing population of veiled refugees, trying to hold the tide against a not-at-all unified tidal wave of vengeful Tenno, Grineer, Corpus, and Syndicate forces bent on butchering Narmer into insignificance. And from Mercury, from a loose agglomeration of Sentient wreckage, Jenaidus set to planning and sermonizing.

"Lo, though the Tenno and Betrayers may call us liars, one must ask themselves:

Why must their truth matter?

For whatever happened behind the mists of history... it was Ballas who delivered us from the warforms of the Grineer, from the False Profits of the Corpus. It was Ballas who smote the Infested and drove back the cults of Arlo and their poisoned communion. It was Ballas, who through strength of will brought the strongest, most stable and benevolent empire in the Origin System. It was under the guidance of Ballas that the Orb Vallis experienced the beginnings of a verdant spring. It was Ballas who showed us all a world beyond the petty wars and struggles over the masticated table scraps of the Orokin, who reached for Godhood and grasped it in their right hands.

And it was by the hands of the Tenno and Lotus that our father Ballas, he who brought love to us in a loveless world, was slain.

Damnation to the Tenno, for taking this from us. It is by the hand of Ballas that we shall liberate the Origin System from the vultures that partake of the Orokin Empire's corpse!

This is, perhaps, the most dangerous thing about Jenaidus.  That they are right. 

They’re right that Ballas brought order to the Origin System. They’re right that Ballas created a kind of peace. They’re right that Ballas could improve lives in the Origin System.

It’s just that it was at the cost of free will, and banishing the Tenno.

So: How does a Tenno acquire a Crucias bosonic pistol?

Simple: the same way tenno get anything they want. Flying to the Narmer stronghold on Mercury and destroying things until they get it.

Stats

• Trigger: …”burst”

• Magazine: 21

• Burst Rate: 6.2

• Burst Delay: 0.16s

• Uncharged: (x4 ticks, consumes 2 ammo)

• Damage: 21(x4)

• 9 Slash

• 12 Electric

• 3 Impact

• Critical Chance: 32%

• Critical Multiplier: 2.4x

• Status Chance: 16%

• Punch-Through: 0.4m

Charged (consumes 1 ammo)

• Damage: 100

• 32 Heat

• 48 Impact

• 20 Slash

• punch-through: 0.4m

Artist Notes:

As inspired partly by Necron weaponry! And a number of questions I had after The New War.

Namely “Who’s leading Narmer?” So I came up with Jenaidus. Jenaidus is interesting because after all the psychopaths, sadists, conquerors, and morons we’ve had to kill in Warframe, they’ve seized onto something only Parvos Granum has managed so far:

Being right.

Granum is captivating compared to every other villain in Warframe (if you can consider him a villain…) by virtue of making good points about the state of the Origin System and just having more charisma than others. So I’m trying to capture that with Jenaidus… and also asking the question “What kind of person would keep following Narmer?”

There’s also a funny story behind this. See, I came up with a weapon aesthetic idea combining Vex, Necron, and steampunk aesthetics. Think… steampunk energy weapons, and you’ve got what I came up with. Unfortunately, I planned on adding this to a fan-made civilization called the Vaulters, who are meant to feel unsettlingly… normal.

Unfortunately, this didn’t feel normal. It also doesn’t help that i already have some more normal-looking guns in Ganymedean weapons (it’s been awhile since I did one. Maybe I should do that at some point.) So I was just sitting on a half-done rough draft of this weapon.

Then Narmer was revealed. And I figured… hey, why not make it a Narmer gun?

This is inspired by some steampunk stuff, the Death Ray wingman skin, and the enmitic pistol from Warhammer 40k. Along with other Necron weaponry.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

bosonic pistol built from Infested, Sentient, Corpus, and Orokin technology synthesized together, only given as a reward to the highest-ranking officials and soldiers of Narmer. It hurls coherent Bose-Einstein condensate matter at targets, which causes molecules in the target to shatter as their atoms are barraged with so much kinetic energy that the chemical bonds break, releasing large amounts of heat. 

The mad lad actually did it. I can clearly see the influence off 4 factions in one desing. Rounde lines and open Spaces from the sentient. Gold fancy stuff from  the orokin. Cylindrical shape filled with energy looking like streamlined and industrial look of the corpus. The small heart infested desing.

45 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Whatever happened,  Jenaidus received the coveted position of Kubri from Ballas himself - a rank that he only granted to those who came to him willingly and unveiled. During the fall of Narmer, Jenaidus rallied their forces to a wrecked Sentient dreadnought on Mercury hoping to use it as a rally point for one final push to reclaim even Venus. 

Had never considered that possibility even dougt there no veil on erra (or any sentient).

47 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Granum is captivating compared to every other villain in Warframe (if you can consider him a villain…) by virtue of making good points about the state of the Origin System and just having more charisma than others. So I’m trying to capture that with Jenaidus… and also asking the question “What kind of person would keep following Narmer?”

The Chad parts granum being right on just about every speech

21 hours ago, keikogi said:

The mad lad actually did it. I can clearly see the influence off 4 factions in one desing. Rounde lines and open Spaces from the sentient. Gold fancy stuff from  the orokin. Cylindrical shape filled with energy looking like streamlined and industrial look of the corpus. The small heart infested desing.

22 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Thanks so much! After how the Strigoi received some (totally justified tbh) criticism for not being Sentient enough, it means a lot.

It's ironic because... none of this was really all that intentional! I happened to just have this unfinished art and I was like "hey, why not?" Originally, it was gonna be green -for the Necron reference, y'know - but then when I retooled it to be a Narmer gun I was like "Wait a minute, green isn't your color." 

Had never considered that possibility even dougt there no veil on erra (or any sentient).

22 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Seemed likely enough. Besides "actually stabilized the unending nightmare that is the Origin System" seemed like a fairly plausible reason for someone to follow Narmer.

The Chad parts granum being right on just about every speech

I'm a little annoyed we seemingly haven't seen much of him, that he didn't do anything in New War... but honestly? Yes.

The System shall change. No more clutching at sunk costs, imposed ideals, hand-me-down hopes. No, we are better than that. The Corpus shall know a violent restructuring, but with time enough to face the impending threat from Tau with renewed and absolute vigor.

no-lies-detected-lie-detector.gif

16 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

special traits: tap altfire for increased zoom

Stats

• 9 Slash

• 12 Electric

• 3 Impact

• Punch-Through: 0.7m

• 32 Heat

• 48 Impact

• 20 Slash

• Punch-Through: 0.7m

Blast Radius has been... removed. 

I've already done it on most of the guns with a trigger inspired by the Charge Rifle from Apex - even the full auto one! (that was weird of me lol) And I only did that because it felt like something that'd be satisfying with a blast radius.

But I've done it a lot. Perhaps too much. And I don't like feeling like I've done the same gimmick too much.

I want this to feel different, so now it's been retooled to more of a precision, single-target thing. Course, it also has punch-through, like the last three guns I've made (I also added it to the Adjudicas cause like.... why not?) but WF is a game where single-target so often lags behind explosives and/or bullethoses. So this is meant to give it a little more utility.

Also, I added increased zoom so it can feel more like a precision weapon. Not a hundred percent sure 

• Like 1

On 2022-02-02 at 5:11 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

“The personal sidearm of Jenaidus, one of the highest-ranking remaining Kubri of Narmer. An uncanny synthesis of Infested, Sentient, and Orokin technology, this pistol fires a high-intensity blast of Bose-Einstein condensate matter that vaporizes whatever it hits through sheer kinetic force. Whatever survives this will be in extraordinary pain.”

Lore

A bosonic pistol built from Infested, Sentient, Corpus, and Orokin technology synthesized together, only given as a reward to the highest-ranking officials and soldiers of Narmer. It hurls coherent Bose-Einstein condensate matter at targets, which causes molecules in the target to shatter as their atoms are barraged with so much kinetic energy that the chemical bonds break, releasing large amounts of heat. 

It’s only a pistol, so it’s not that likely to kill a Tenno or heavily armored Grineer. But it will hurt. Against biometal targets, such as Tenno or Infested, the weapon shatters shields and burns through health. Against more lightly-armored, fleshy targets such as Corpus crewmen or the barely-modded rHumans that make up most Syndicate operators and civilians, the effects are horrific. 

This was probably intentional on Ballas’ part. 

In a way, the Crucias symbolizes everything about Narmer. It’s a strange combination of disparate influences, all brought together and covered under a gold and bronze-like shell. It also causes extraordinary pain on impact.

However - it is also a really, really good pistol. War trophies from Narmer are a hot commodity among the Origin System, as they’re often made with exotic and proscribed techniques and materials. 

A common question among Tenno is ‘how do I get one of my own?’

And the answer is simple. It all traces back to a Kubri of Narmer, one named Jenaidus. The information on Jenaidus is vague and conflicting, perhaps by design. The most consistent details of their history, provided by Jenaidus themselves, are thus:

1. They were born among the Solaris. It’s uncertain where.

2. They welcomed Ballas with open arms, and Ballas bestowed the rank of Kubri - or bridge - upon them, one of the highest ranks he could possibly give. 

3. This was because they welcomed Ballas without a veil. Indeed, they wear no observable veil.

This did not happen.

Jenaidus found themself on Mercury with a growing population of veiled refugees, trying to hold the tide against a not-at-all unified tidal wave of vengeful Tenno, Grineer, Corpus, and Syndicate forces bent on butchering Narmer into insignificance. And from Mercury, from a loose agglomeration of Sentient wreckage, Jenaidus set to planning and sermonizing.

"Lo, though the Tenno and Betrayers may call us liars, one must ask themselves:

Why must their truth matter?

For whatever happened behind the mists of history... it was Ballas who delivered us from the warforms of the Grineer, from the False Profits of the Corpus. It was Ballas who smote the Infested and drove back the cults of Arlo and their poisoned communion. It was Ballas, who through strength of will brought the strongest, most stable and benevolent empire in the Origin System. It was under the guidance of Ballas that the Orb Vallis experienced the beginnings of a verdant spring. It was Ballas who showed us all a world beyond the petty wars and struggles over the masticated table scraps of the Orokin, who reached for Godhood and grasped it in their right hands.

And it was by the hands of the Tenno and Lotus that our father Ballas, he who brought love to us in a loveless world, was slain.

Damnation to the Tenno, for taking this from us. It is by the hand of Ballas that we shall liberate the Origin System from the vultures that partake of the Orokin Empire's corpse!

This is, perhaps, the most dangerous thing about Jenaidus.  That they are right. 

They’re right that Ballas brought order to the Origin System. They’re right that Ballas created a kind of peace. They’re right that Ballas could improve lives in the Origin System.

It’s just that it was at the cost of free will, and banishing the Tenno.

So: How does a Tenno acquire a Crucias bosonic pistol?

Simple: the same way tenno get anything they want. Flying to the Narmer stronghold on Mercury and destroying things until they get it.

Stats

• 9 Slash

• 12 Electric

• 3 Impact

• 32 Heat

• 48 Impact

• 20 Slash

Artist Notes:

As inspired partly by Necron weaponry! And a number of questions I had after The New War.

Namely “Who’s leading Narmer?” So I came up with Jenaidus. Jenaidus is interesting because after all the psychopaths, sadists, conquerors, and morons we’ve had to kill in Warframe, they’ve seized onto something only Parvos Granum has managed so far:

Being right.

There’s also a funny story behind this. See, I came up with a weapon aesthetic idea combining Vex, Necron, and steampunk aesthetics. Think… steampunk energy weapons, and you’ve got what I came up with. Unfortunately, I planned on adding this to a fan-made civilization called the Vaulters, who are meant to feel unsettlingly… normal.

Unfortunately, this didn’t feel normal. It also doesn’t help that i already have some more normal-looking guns in Ganymedean weapons (it’s been awhile since I did one. Maybe I should do that at some point.) So I was just sitting on a half-done rough draft of this weapon.

Then Narmer was revealed. And I figured… hey, why not make it a Narmer gun?

This is inspired by some steampunk stuff, the Death Ray wingman skin, and the enmitic pistol from Warhammer 40k. Along with other Necron weaponry.

Interesting weapon.

I am wondering how does Jenaidus spin Ballas trying to destroy the origin system so he can go to Tau?

30 minutes ago, Neo3602 said:

I am wondering how does Jenaidus spin Ballas trying to destroy the origin system so he can go to Tau?

Maybe Jenaidus was so blinded at this point that he just didn't know how to process this and went into denial. Or maybe he just doesn't mention it because it's inconvenient for him and he cynically wants to manipulate Narmer with the idea of Ballas, rather than his real actions.

Honestly, I have no idea lmao.

32 minutes ago, Neo3602 said:

Interesting weapon.

filename_by_fluffywolf36_deqprix-pre.jpg

Thanks so much! I actually have a rifle version of it. Not a hundred percent sure what I'll do to make that feel unique.

Maybe slot it into more of a battle rifle niche and give it really good status, give it the rifle ammo pool...

On 2022-02-03 at 10:23 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Maybe Jenaidus was so blinded at this point that he just didn't know how to process this and went into denial. Or maybe he just doesn't mention it because it's inconvenient for him and he cynically wants to manipulate Narmer with the idea of Ballas, rather than his real actions.

Honestly, I have no idea lmao.

Fair enough, and honestly Ballas not being around would make things easier for Jenaidus since he(Ballas) can't disprove the narrative of a Benevolent ruler by his actions even if Jenaidus has to ignore/ explain Ballas' actions before his death.

On 2022-02-03 at 10:23 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

filename_by_fluffywolf36_deqprix-pre.jpg

Thanks so much! I actually have a rifle version of it. Not a hundred percent sure what I'll do to make that feel unique.

Maybe slot it into more of a battle rifle niche and give it really good status, give it the rifle ammo pool...

Interesting, maybe you could lengthen the barrel and make it a sort of burstfire sniper rifle or something like what the Deathmarks from 40k have.

Another idea is that you could make it a long range beam rifle since, unless I'm mistaken, most beam weapons have a short range give it range similar to something like the braton or the like but have it take a second or so to reach max range. 

Edited by Neo3602
  • Like 1