Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ร—

Fluffy's warframe concepts - weapons and enemies! (Newest concept - ๐‘ป๐’†๐’๐’๐’ ๐‘ฏ๐’–๐’๐’•๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ ๐‘บ๐’‰๐’๐’•๐’ˆ๐’–๐’!!)

(XBOX)Fluffywolf36

4 hours ago, Unus said:

Art quality as always suh! Bulges in all the right places.

Thanks so much! Trying to get the right shapes, textures, and bulges on this was a nightmare. This took hours to color.

4 hours ago, Unus said:

AH, thats a good point you raise in the story! Perhaps the other reason why they were so quick to steam-roll the Sol-Origin system was because not every station, planetoid, and hunk of rock actually put up a fight?

Honestly, I just did it because I really wanted to use the "opinions differ on whether the Sentients rewarded or punished them for their faith."ย line. That and, well... going by the lore for Scindo Prime, the Mara Detron, Inaros, Ordis, possibly Vauban Prime,ย a lot of the Synthesis entries, andย several other sources I'm probably forgetting, there were aย lotย of other groups that would probably sell out the Orokin in a heartbeat.

Plus, there's a Javik quote from ME3 about a race called theย Densorin, who attempted to sacrifice their children to the Reapers, seeing the Reapers as gods. Seemed reasonableย to assume that some primitives in Warframe would do the same.ย Plus, assuming that the Martians were in a primitive state at the time, itย alsoย made sense to assume that the Orokin would keep reservations of primitives. I'm of the opinion that the Orokin very likelyย couldย have brought civilization toย Mars, but they kept a policy of not touching its development (or artificially stagnating it) for their own amusement.ย 

ย 

4 hours ago, Unus said:

(Dem it, diddn't do both at once.)

Option two seems to be calling out to me, while the Oliphaunt can remain Jezzailin it up as it is, helps distinguish the two even more.๏ปฟ

ย 

Honestly, I'm glad you think so! Redesigning the Jezail would've been one of my worst ideas.ย Without the bizarre stock, what is the Oliphaunt but this?ย 

african_queen.jpg

...I mean, that's still pretty weird, almost Warframe-ish, but it's just not the same.

I think I have a good compromise - I still go with making the new silhouette a primed, "purpose-built" version. Then, either I make a Syndicate version or Syndicate augment to make them competitive with each other.

wait a minute I already have an augment that increases crit. HMMMM....

ย BRAINSTORMING COMMENCES

I have an idea about the Primed version. How about the primed version has lower physical damage, and status chance... and it also doesn't have the staggeringly high crit damage of the regular Lupus.

But this is in return for crits that trade damage for consistency - the regular Lupus has high damage and about 5-8% crit chance, the Lupus Prime has 27 (or 26%) crit chance and low damage in the neighborhood of the old Soma and Grakata. Possibly also a large mag to go with that. This is still an LMG, I want to have at least moderatelyย high magazine capacity in the neighborhood of... 80-100?

The Lupus Prime alsoย has theย Hystrix's guaranteed status and ability to switch elements on the fly, too. Meaning it doesn't have the massive combined element devastation of the regular Lupus, but it isย entirelyย possible to death-of-a-thousand-cuts people with Viral, fire, and hunter munitions while also getting lots of crit.ย ย 

The idea being, it's a streamlined version of the regular Lupus. The odder, more outlandish mechanics (the unwieldy status-change method I considered, the abnormally high crit in relation to abnormally low crit chance)ย have been filed down in favor of pure consistency... and truly insane ability to cause death-of-a-thousand-cuts amounts of status alongside some crits.

I'm hoping the Lupus could be to its Prime counterpart what the Hek is to the Vaykor Hek. Status-based, but which one you go for is pretty heavily dependent on preference.

Edited by (XB1)Fluffywolf36

MOD TIME 3 SOLID RISING REVENGEANCE

(Note: I can see some of these working well as set mod from, say... PoE or Fortuna. Especially Accurize.)

Collateral Trauma (Primary)
+1ย Punch Through
+120% Status Duration
ย 

Detonation Beam (Secondary Beam Weapons)
+.3 Punch Through
Causes enemies killed by beam secondariesย to explode, dealing up to 800 damage shortly after death.
ย 

Accurize (... rifle?)
Increases accuracy additively upon hits.
ย 

Frag Shells (launchers)
Spawns additional child projectiles on impact with an enemy. This...ย probablyย doesn't mean that existing child projectiles on, say, the Zarr spawnย moreย child projectiles. That would be terrible.ย 

(Also, the thought occurs this might not work with the Proxima. Huh. Be cooler if it did, though....

EDIT: Also, it'd be funnier if this worked with the Miter, too.)

ย 

Also, COMING SOONโ„ข

PJE5Q3j.png

(No, I didn't do this model. BUT I WANT ONE)

So I probably should've posted this earlier. I just forgot -ย 

SANCTI AVAKAN by @Almighty_Jado

avakan_by_almightyjado-dcl1ppk.png

ย 

On 2018-08-25 at 2:37 PM, Almighty_Jado said:

Here we are folks! The last of the Syndicate Primaries- this time, New Loka's special assault rifle, designed by @(XB1)Fluffywolf36ย originally! I did change a few things artistically, like smoothing some of the surfaces, adding a bunch of ornamentation... I also added a peculiar looking banana magazine just to try and make the gun have a little more character, as well as a ribbon on the underside of the barrel (complete with cloth physics).

AVAKAN
Avakan by AlmightyJado
Info:
Strike down those who dare make a mockery of Planet Earth with this New Loka tactical assault rifle. Fire off 2-round bursts, or hold down the trigger to unleash a destructive full-auto volley of bullets.
Stats:
MR: 14
Slot: Primary
Type: Rifle
Trigger Type: Burst | Auto
Ammo Type: Rifle
Noise Level: Alarming
Fire Rate: 440 RPM | 480 RPM
Accuracy: 30.1 | 30.1
Magazine: 36
Max Ammo: 600
Reload Time: 2.5 seconds
Base Damage: 30Impact bImpact, 5ย Puncture bPuncture, 5ย Slash bSlash | 6ย Impact bImpact, 7ย Puncture bPuncture, ย 27Slash bSlash
Total Damage: 40 | 40
Crit Chance: 30% | 10%
Crit Multiplier: 2.5x | 2.0x
Status Chance: 20% | 20%
Punch Through: 0.3 m | N/A
Polarities:ย Madurai PolMadurai Pol
Special Property: Tapping the fire key fires the rifle in 2 round bursts, while holding down the fire key allows bullets to be launched in a fully automatic mode. Burst fire shots have enhanced critical strike abilities and some punch through. NOTE: The first two shots of the full-auto firing mode have the properties of the burst fire.

The Avakan is available from New Loka on Tau forย ReputationBlackx64132,000

Let me know what you guys think! I think this was a really cool concept from Fluffy once again, and allows for a multiple-firing-mode-gun that flows easily from one mode to the other without the use of an alternate fire button. It was a little tricky to balance because its functionally incredibly similar to Fluffy's other concept, the Fuselok, and also because the Tiberon Prime exists.

Check out Jado's concept threadย hereย atย 

and his deviantartย hereย at:ย https://www.deviantart.com/almightyjado

I'm working on making a Warframe-ified version of the Alternator from Titanfall 2 - just let me know which one you prefer!

totally_not_the_alternator_from_titanfal

Option 1: Aksomati: (right)ย Uses the same aesthetic as the Aksomati machine pistols. Essentially, this is two slightly larger Aksomati mashed together and made bullpup.

Option 2: Wood And Metal: (left) Wood, metal, leather... the "traditional" Tenno materials.ย Think of it like a steampunk version of the Alternator from Titanfall 2,ย with some of the leathery material of the Akstiletto, (NOT prime) some wooden furniture, and some influence from the Huckleberry SMG from Destiny 2 and the Schwarzlose Automatic Pistol. Because it's hard to get across the main influences in such a small drawing, and the Aksomati looks so much more clean,ย I've posted these influencesย below:

PJE5Q3j.png

maxresdefault.jpg

piR6f.jpg

13 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

I'm working on making a Warframe-ified version of the Alternator from Titanfall 2 - just let me know which one you prefer!

totally_not_the_alternator_from_titanfal

Option 1: Aksomati: (right)ย Uses the same aesthetic as the Aksomati machine pistols. Essentially, this is two slightly larger Aksomati mashed together and made bullpup.

Option 2: Wood And Metal: (left) Wood, metal, leather... the "traditional" Tenno materials.ย Think of it like a steampunk version of the Alternator from Titanfall 2,ย with some of the leathery material of the Akstiletto, (NOT prime) some wooden furniture, and some influence from the Huckleberry SMG from Destiny 2 and the Schwarzlose Automatic Pistol. Because it's hard to get across the main influences in such a small drawing, and the Aksomati looks so much more clean,ย I've posted these influencesย below:

PJE5Q3j.png

maxresdefault.jpg

piR6f.jpg

Hm. . . decisions decisions. . . this has been a reeeaaallll tough one for me suh. The first one can be made highly "story friendly" in the form of making it a requirement to use an aksomati in it's construction.

On the other hand, your second piece seems to be significantly inspired for you, being a fascinating composite of multiple weapons from many sources.

Think this is gonna need a coin flip if others don't get involved.

ย 

Also, heh, this latest S.M.G. focus is bringing back fond memories of my Harpitrixes and my Multiplex. Such a lovely time I've had crafting them, hope this is the same for you.

14 minutes ago, Unus said:

๏ปฟ On the other hand, your second piece seems to be significantly inspired for you, being a fascinating composite of multiple weapons from many sources.

ย 

Fun fact - part of the reload animation actually involves grabbing both barrels and jerking them forward.

(Also, this will be a secondary - but a dual-wieldable version is not going to happen. That's just a horrible idea, this thing's recoil is bad enough just dealing with one!)

BONUS COLLAB HOUR CREATE - Vaculyst/Vorticibus Rocket Launcher Sentient with @Almighty_Jado

So, I asked @Almighty_Jadoย about creating a Sentient to go with theย Vaculystย Vorticibus, and... so he did! You can find the original post here! Or, if you don't feel like clicking on another link, just look at the quoted post below.ย 

NOTE: It is the personal opinion of Fluffywolf36 that Jado really shouldn't be so hard on himself. After all, the Vaculyst... the rocket launcher, oh lawdy this is going to be a headache... took literal hours to color on an admittedly large scale. It's amazing it's at the level of detail that it is here.

1 hour ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Well, apologies in advance to @(XB1)Fluffywolf36ย for coming NO WHERE close to how good looking his original drawing of the weapon this Sentient is holding. I tried my best!! I promise!! Anyways, I'm pretty happy with how the rest of this mean-looking, tripedal Sentient turned out. As usual, write some feedback for me on what you think! I'll be making a proper writeup for the actual weapon soon- players will be able to acquire the weapon's blueprint from Tau bounties.

SENTIENT VACULYSTVaculyst by AlmightyJado

Info:
A powerful heavy Sentient that has been switched from its original terraforming designation to a Tenno killer. Equipped with a potent Vorticibus gravity cannon, which utilizes scaled-down Ferrolyst technology to form potent, damaging gravitational singularities.
Gameplay:
-Vaculystsย move at a medium speed thanks to their three legs, which allow them to traverse terrain with ease
-Vaculystsย have medium health and high armour
-they are heavy units, meaning they aren't extremely rare, nor are they extremely common. They appear with relatively high frequency in higher-level areas of Tau
-Vaculysts use their main gravity cannon to launch projectiles that form scaled-down gravitational anomalies (like the ones found in Sorties or ESO). Players struck by these projectiles take medium Magnetic damage on impact, and then damage per second if they remain in contact with the singularity. Singularities tug on nearby players and can also be destroyed, in the same manner asย naturally occurring ones.
-Vaculyst singularities last 10 seconds before fading from existance
-Vaculysts are also equipped with energy mortars in their skulls. This allows them to engage players up to 300 meters away in the same manner as Isalysts.
-Vaculysts can project a shield using their other arm. This shield covers the Vaculyst from head to toe vertically, but horizontally only covers a third of the Sentient
-10% of all damage absorbedย by the shield is added to the Vaculyst's next mortar strike or singularity projectile
-As a Sentient, the Vaculystย has the ability to adapt toย damageย type from attacks: a Sentient's health is gated such that upon its hit points falling below a fixed percentage, it will grantย 95%ย resistance to the damage type it has received the most. The Sentient will adapt to damage after losing 20% health, and every 15% more health lost after that. Subsequent adaptation will be done in descending order of damage proportion for each health gate. A single Sentient can adapt against a maximum ofย sixย damage types. On adapting to a damage type, the color of the glowing core on their chest changes to the corresponding damage type they recently adapted to, along with displaying the icon of said damage type below their health gauge. Like with all otherย Sentients, using theย Operator's Void Beam will remove all their damage resistances. They can still regain their resistances however but the Void Beam will always be able to remove them. Vaculystsย are also capable of adapting to debuff-based Warframe abilities such asย Nova'sย Molecular Prime, with each subsequent uses reducing their duration linearly byย 33%, down toย 5%.

There you have it folks! I decided to create a more straightforward-style enemy since there's been so many I've made with complex mechanics. Not that that's a bad thing, but I guess a little bit of 'normal' mixed in never hurt anyone, eh? (Although, what IS normal for a Sentient...?)

Tenno 'Dynamo' pistol series

tenno__dynamo__pistol_series_by_fluffywo

"The result of an Old War gunsmith's attempt to balance the most loved attributes of several Tenno pistols, built on the Lex's platform. If there was any pistol that Mesa frames used that wasn't a revolver, this was it."

Pistol with semiauto and burstfire modes.

The 'Dynamo' series of pistols work as something of a chimera of Tenno standard-issue pistols. It has accuracy and power comparable to a Vasto, stopping power comparable to a Lex, a burst that is easily competitive with the Sicarus... but only just. As Tenno pistols go, it's something of a master of none, with near-equal damage distribution in most areas, slightly skewed towards slash. It's likely to serve the average Tenno well enough in any situation...

But it is not by any means superlative.

Its semiauto fire is great for crit, while its burstfire is better for status.

I didn't put much into the stats - the only stuff you need to know is that the base variant holds 15 rounds, the Primed version holds 18.
ย 
FUN FACT - the non-primed version has a fairly conventional slide, much like the Wildey Magnum. The Prime version's bolt recoils back instead, much like a real automag.
ย 
Stats

Burst Count: 3
Status Chance: 38%
Critical chance: 12%
Critical Multiplier: 2.2x
Damage: 66
36 Slash
24 Impact
6 Puncture

ย 

Semi

Status Chance: 12%
Critical chance: 30%
Critical Multiplier: 2.6x
Headshot Multiplier: 3.9x
Damage: 84
44 Puncture
28 Slash
12 Impact
Punch-Through: 0.4

Artist Notes:

If you've used a pistol with semiauto and burst modes, like the APP-3 from Syndicate, then you know how this feels. Now, is this design just automags and Wildey Magnums?ย 

Well... yes and no. There's some of the Auto-9 from Robocop in there. Along with the Lex, and the Sicarus. Mostly, though, it's inspired by an automag and the Wildey Magnum - specifically, Brilliant Dynamites Neon's automag/wildey hybrid.

It just looked so Orokin that I had to. Meanwhile, these are pistols that look like they have a revolver barrel with a ventilated rib sticking out of the front! It's very Warframe.
Edited by (XBOX)Fluffywolf36
  • Like 2

On 2018-09-11 at 1:33 AM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Tenno 'Dynamo' pistol series

tenno__dynamo__pistol_series_by_haruaxem

"The result of an Old War gunsmith's attempt to balance the most loved attributes of several Tenno pistols, built on the Lex's platform. If there was any pistol that Mesa frames used that wasn't a revolver, this was it."

Pistol with semiauto and burstfire modes.

The 'Dynamo' series of pistols work as something of a chimera of Tenno standard-issue pistols. It has accuracy and power comparable to a Vasto, stopping power comparable to a Lex, a burst that is easily competitive with the Sicarus... but only just. As Tenno pistols go, it's something of a master of none, with near-equal damage distribution in most areas, slightly skewed towards slash. It's likely to serve the average Tenno well enough in any situation...

But it is not by any means superlative.

Its semiauto fire is great for crit, while its burstfire is better for status.

I didn't put much into the stats - the only stuff you need to know is that the base variant holds 15 rounds, the Primed version holds 18.

Artist Notes:

If you've used a pistol with semiauto and burst modes, like the APP-3 from Syndicate, then you know how this feels. Now, is this design just automags and Wildey Magnums?ย 

Well... yes and no. There's some of the Auto-9 from Robocop in there. Along with the Lex, and the Sicarus. Mostly, though, it's inspired by an automag and the Wildey Magnum - specifically, Brilliant Dynamites Neon's automag/wildey hybrid.

It just looked so Orokin that I had to. Meanwhile, these are pistols that look like they have a revolver barrel with a ventilated rib sticking out of the front! It's very Warframe.

Ah, a hybridization of multiple guns for those Tenno who lack the space to accommodate to many at once? That's as reasonable a niche as I've ever seen.

ย 

Looks like you've been at it in the inspirational department once again. A pastiche of pistols made whole.ย 

ย 

The overall style of the Prime DEFINITLY makes me think of one of those old retrofuturistic ray-guns from back in the day, certainly even further then my Sentient Blaster with that thinner profile

You seem to have mastered the "injection molded" look for the grips on these guns quite well.

The metallicsย on the bottom barrel are just (kiss to own hand" tre manufique!

The top one's irons look a bit . . ย out of place? But, the overall body's metallic coating is splendid!

I love the top one's under under barrel accessory, the little cyan-dotted coral arch bit.

Finally, I love the "trigger convolution" on the Prime. That hard-edged design that seemingly wraps around the grip sticks out.

ย 

A little saddened about the lack of stats, but, as always, you more then compensate by letting YOU and the weapon do theย talking.

(Apologies I've been away and haven't got my latest piece don. I accidentally joined the crew for a game modifier outside of "our" genre, so, time-consumption has been at an all-time high!)

Edited by Unus

9 hours ago, Unus said:

Ah, a hybridization of multiple guns for those Tenno who lack the space to accommodate to many at once? That's as reasonable a niche as I've ever seen.

ย 

Well, that and I wanted another burst pistol. Figured that making it function like the APP-3 from Syndicate (It's a semiauto with burst altfire -you can see it here) was a good idea. I wanted to make something so boring yet practical that it horseshoed around andย became fun.

9 hours ago, Unus said:

Looks like you've been at it in the inspirational department once again. A pastiche of pistols made while.ย 

ย 

Fun fact - the reason the regular Dynamo is silver and dark gray is to show that it's a hybrid of Lex and Sicarus. It's got the Lex's dark material below, and the Sicarus' silvery textures up top. As for all the influences, this was... surprisingly cohesive.

Also, while the non-prime version has a conventionalย recoiling slide, the bolt recoils out the back of the prime version. Just like the real automag!ย This was totally intentional and not somethingย I made up when I found out how the automag works in the last five minutes. Here's some of the influences below - I'm sure you'll know what I mean when I say how veryย warframeย they were.

(Also, much like the Lex, I'm fairly certain there's some influence from the Colt 1911 in there. While there's a massive amount of 1911 variantsย out there that I could draw, and part of meย reallyย wants to make a longslide Lex like that one pistol from Terminator 1....ย I think it's for the best I hold off on stuff that looks too modern. Already got a bitย tooย modern with the Estampida.)

BDN's magnum from Trigun

bdn.jpg

IMG_4553.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

ย 

ksc-auto-9-c-robo-cop-gun-3.jpg

9 hours ago, Unus said:

The overall style of the Prime DEFINITLY makes me think of one of those old retrofuturistic ray-guns from back in the day, certainly even further then my Sentient Blaster with that thinner profile

ย 

That was totally unintentional, but I suppose there's no way around it. Plus, I kinda like the idea of having a raygun gothic, super decorated, golden... .41 magnum pistol! (Yes, it's .41 caliber! ALL THIS TIME!) It's very funny to me.

9 hours ago, Unus said:

๏ปฟ You seem to have mastered the "injection molded" look for the grips on these guns quite well.

ย 

...I did? Huh. That was sort of an accident. It's amazing what you can do playing with texture, gradients, and layer style in photoshop.

ย 

9 hours ago, Unus said:

๏ปฟ The top one's irons look a bit . . ย out of place? But, the overall body's metallic coating is splendid!

ย 

The iron sights on the drawn version looked like I started adding trapezoids in and never stopped. Trust me when I say the ironsights are an improvement. Thanks so much for your kind words about the texture!ย 

ย 

9 hours ago, Unus said:

๏ปฟ I love the top one's under under barrel accessory, the little cyan-dotted coral arch bit.

ย 

I stole it from the knell =D. Again.

ย 

9 hours ago, Unus said:

Finally, I love the "trigger convolution" on the Prime. That hard-edged design that seemingly wraps around the grip sticks out.

ย 

Funny enough, that actually came about cause of Lex Prime. I... admittedly have a tendency to sort of "copy" parts from other guns, like the little nubbly things on the sides of the Knell and Tigris, the Sybaris' lever, and virtually every time I make weapons in the same aesthetic. I wanted to convey that it was sort of a relative to Lex Prime, so I took inspiration from the Lex Prime's circle shape around the trigger guard and decided to make more of a diamond shape.

ย 

9 hours ago, Unus said:

A little saddened about the lack of stats, but, as always, you more then compensate by letting YOU and the weapon do theย talking.

ย 

Why thanks for that!ย 

I just had a hard time with that. Iย wantedย the non-prime to feel competitive with the Sicarus, but I didn't want it to automatically outclass it. And I didn't want it to have anemic stats, so... it was kinda hard. I wanted the semiauto fire to feel powerful, but I didn't want the burst to feel like it outclassedย the Sicarus... it was really difficult. Magazine size was the only stat I really felt like I had a handle on.

(Originally, the magazine capacities would've been 12 and 15, but 12 shots equals 4 3-round bursts, so... I felt like with 12, anyone trying to use it as a burst weapon would feel trapped in reloading. It just wasn't that interesting.)

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Well, that and I wanted another burst pistol. Figured that making it function like the APP-3 from Syndicate (It's a semiauto with burst altfire -you can see it here) was a good idea. I wanted to make something so boring yet practical that it horseshoed around andย became fun.

Fun fact - the reason the regular Dynamo is silver and dark gray is to show that it's a hybrid of Lex and Sicarus. It's got the Lex's dark material below, and the Sicarus' silvery textures up top. As for all the influences, this was... surprisingly cohesive.

Also, while the non-prime version has a conventionalย recoiling slide, the bolt recoils out the back of the prime version. Just like the real automag!ย This was totally intentional and not somethingย I made up when I found out how the automag works in the last five minutes. Here's some of the influences below - I'm sure you'll know what I mean when I say how veryย warframeย they were.

(Also, much like the Lex, I'm fairly certain there's some influence from the Colt 1911 in there. While there's a massive amount of 1911 variantsย out there that I could draw, and part of meย reallyย wants to make a longslide Lex like that one pistol from Terminator 1....ย I think it's for the best I hold off on stuff that looks too modern. Already got a bitย tooย modern with the Estampida.)

BDN's magnum from Trigun

bdn.jpg

IMG_4553.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

ย 

ksc-auto-9-c-robo-cop-gun-3.jpg

That was totally unintentional, but I suppose there's no way around it. Plus, I kinda like the idea of having a raygun gothic, super decorated, golden... .41 magnum pistol! (Yes, it's .41 caliber! ALL THIS TIME!) It's very funny to me.

...I did? Huh. That was sort of an accident. It's amazing what you can do playing with texture, gradients, and layer style in photoshop.

ย 

The iron sights on the drawn version looked like I started adding trapezoids in and never stopped. Trust me when I say the ironsights are an improvement. Thanks so much for your kind words about the texture!ย 

ย 

I stole it from the knell =D. Again.

ย 

Funny enough, that actually came about cause of Lex Prime. I... admittedly have a tendency to sort of "copy" parts from other guns, like the little nubbly things on the sides of the Knell and Tigris, the Sybaris' lever, and virtually every time I make weapons in the same aesthetic. I wanted to convey that it was sort of a relative to Lex Prime, so I took inspiration from the Lex Prime's circle shape around the trigger guard and decided to make more of a diamond shape.

ย 

Why thanks for that!ย 

I just had a hard time with that. Iย wantedย the non-prime to feel competitive with the Sicarus, but I didn't want it to automatically outclass it. And I didn't want it to have anemic stats, so... it was kinda hard. I wanted the semiauto fire to feel powerful, but I didn't want the burst to feel like it outclassedย the Sicarus... it was really difficult. Magazine size was the only stat I really felt like I had a handle on.

(Originally, the magazine capacities would've been 12 and 15, but 12 shots equals 4 3-round bursts, so... I felt like with 12, anyone trying to use it as a burst weapon would feel trapped in reloading. It just wasn't that interesting.)

I like how the last picture just screams "I'm a Corpus-made pistol".

35 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

There is a slight possibility that what you said is true. Very small.

Okay, okay I know exactly what to do. Let's say we have debt slaves that are legally owned by the Corpus, and they're now more machine than man because the Corpus owns their bodies and will keep fixing them until they die or work off their debt. Which, let's be honest, they'll never do. And this is their usual sidearm.

@Unusย how's this lore?

Just now, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Okay, okay I know exactly what to do. Let's say we have debt slaves that are legally owned by the Corpus, and they're now more machine than man because the Corpus owns their bodies and will keep fixing them until they die or work off their debt. Which, let's be honest, they'll never do. And this is their usual sidearm.

@Unusย how's this lore?

Soundsย like Fortuna.

3 minutes ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Because itย isย like Fortuna. Just with soldiers instead of indentured laborers. And inspired by the cyborg Kai from the Girl In Space podcast.๏ปฟ

Oh, ok. I suppose it makes sense that there would be more groups like the solaris.

5 minutes ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

And inspired by the cyborg Kai from the Girl In Space podcast.๏ปฟ

I have no idea what that is, but cool.

6 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

I have no idea what that is, but cool.

It's my second or third favorite sci-fi podcast after Wolf 359. It's about a girl in a crumbling space station designed to experiment with agriculture in the radiation of a unique sun. And a lot of the conflict comes in when her space station is boarded by Caldwell Enterprises, a monolithic company that owns everything.ย 

Kai is one of their... soldiers? Property? He was seriously maimed in a bombing, so Caldwell Enterprises rebuilt him and he's both a soldier and property because so much of their stuff was used to rebuild him.

Also fun fact about Wolf 359: I actually named my Harpak Renee Minkowskiย after one of the characters.

4 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

@Unusย how's this lore?

AH, so, kinda a mix of Robocop and Repomen eh, with a sprinkling of Deus Ex on top?

ย 

Edited by Unus

5 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

...I didn't think of Repo Men, but basically yes! With Fortuna-like spin.

Also, which Repo are you talking about? The one with Jude Law, or the one with Alexa Vega, Paris Hilton, and Paul Sorvino?

Hm. . . .it was the one they were retrieving synthetic organs from purchasers unable to make their payments by either killing them or by making them get surgery. The guy ends up on the receiving end of Repo when he finds out someone intercepted one of his payments and he goes on the run.

17 minutes ago, Unus said:

Hm. . . .it was the one they were retrieving synthetic organs from purchasers unable to make their payments by either killing them or by making them get surgery. The guy ends up on the receiving end of Repo when he finds out someone intercepted one of his payments and he goes on the run.

So the one with Jude Law,ย notย The Genetic Opera.