Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fluffy's warframe concepts - weapons and enemies! (Newest concept - 𝑻𝒆𝒏𝒏𝒐 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑺𝒉𝒐𝒕𝒈𝒖𝒏!!)

(XBOX)Fluffywolf36

16 minutes ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

That does sound very interesting! A bow that works like that? I am super intrigued. Which reminds me - there's a Grineer crossbow idea I've been toying with for awhile. 

Agreed. I have a much easier time of creating weapons, story ideas, or characters than frames. I keep wanting to make a werewolf warframe, but whenever I think about the abilities I draw a blank and/or it turns into some sort of hybrid of Banshee and Valkyr. I mean, I guess it's possible to do a greatest-hits-of-warframe style frame that uses different abilities of others (*looks at Nidus*) but I have a really hard time making it feel different.

Give it a whirl! I'd love to see how it diverges from my Gandiva piece in the creation process.

Ain't THAT the truth! With so many Warframe design aesthetics and abilities floating around, it's just soooooo difficult trying to make one that sticks out from crowd and hasn't been conjured already. Even after spending several days ""mediating"" on my design for Feynman, as soon as I showed in in Warframe Dis, I was told "looks like a mix of valkyr and mag. Created created a memetic that follows me around now, heh.

(Wait, do I sound like I'm bragging in the bottom bit?)

7 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

The bow is the first weapon in this post:

Disregard blatant Grineer-fanboying.

I'll give it a shot. I've done my share of Grinic designs in my day, though it always seemed to be the enemies folks focused on over the hardware and the world.

9 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

S O O N™

filename_by_haruaxeman-dcifcja.jpg

Been mulling it over throughout the day as I study and, I'm feeling like it's one of two things. Either it's some manner of Carbine conversion or it's some manner of Shotpistol plasma-edition, given the P.E.P.S. label on there.

Edited by Unus

nock_gun__2.jpg?v=1505352200

sean-bigham-sb-grineer-queens-guard-flin

On a completely unrelated note (No, seriously) to what I have planned for the concept above, I think I need some advice. See, I've been wanting to do something cool with the general shape of a volley gun and the aesthetic of the Rogga (as shown above) but I don't know what. Any suggestions? Everything I've conceptualized (semiauto rifle like the Quartakk, minigun, shotgun) has resulted in me second-guessing myself.

Edited by (XB1)Fluffywolf36

1 hour ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

nock_gun__2.jpg?v=1505352200

sean-bigham-sb-grineer-queens-guard-flin

On a completely unrelated note (No, seriously) to what I have planned for the concept above, I think I need some advice. See, I've been wanting to do something cool with the general shape of a volley gun and the aesthetic of the Rogga (as shown above) but I don't know what. Any suggestions? Everything I've conceptualized (semiauto rifle like the Quartakk, minigun, shotgun) has resulted in me second-guessing myself.

Ah, so your looking for a sort of "Orokinite Pepperbox" mechanism?

Think I have a little experience in this department. . . . . okay, how about this?

It could be a sort of big and brutal pistolized and multibarreled "hand-cannon" of sorts (the 1500s one, not the modern term) that fires high-quality grapeshot and is loaded by "greased twist-tear cartridges" through the muzzles like an 1800s musket. The distance for "full perforation" on each shot is about embolistic range and it's reload speed is a bit sluggish for each barrel, but, if you DO hit something with all the pellets at once? We're talking DOOM levels of gibtastic glory.

Basically, think of it as "melee, but, I need more chunks to test my computer's framerate.).

(For best results, listen at 1.25 to 1.50 speed.)

Edited by Unus

11 hours ago, Unus said:

It could be a sort of big and brutal pistolized and multibarreled "hand-cannon" of sorts (the 1500s one, not the modern term) that fires high-quality grapeshot and is loaded by "greased twist-tear cartridges" through the muzzles like an 1800s musket. The distance for "full perforation" on each shot is about embolistic range and it's reload speed is a bit sluggish for each barrel, but, if you DO hit something with all the pellets at once? We're talking DOOM levels of gibtastic glory.

Not sure I want it to be a pistol, though - the idea of a rifle-sized Rogga is funny to me.

Not sure I want it to be a pistol, though - the idea of a rifle-sized Rogga is funny to me.

Ah, I see. I heard "aesthetic of the Rogga" and that's what came to mind. 

Carbine could work as well.

Edited by Unus

8 hours ago, Unus said:

Ah, I see. I heard "aesthetic of the Rogga" and that's what came to mind. 

Ah. Should've been more specific about that. I just feel like, with all the designs for the Rogga, and the aesthetic of Kuva stuff, there's a lot of cool new things I could do. I just love that it's a sort of midpoint between the Orokin focus on A E S T H E T I C and the Grineer "the fabricator made it look like a tumor! Does it work? Yes, but-! SHIP IT!" sort of mindset. 

...I wonder how a Kuvafied version of a flintlock revolver would work. Yes, those exist.

1114.jpg

And apparently so do wheel-lock revolver muskets! 

DW6l3tFW4AETB9r.jpg:large

The S#&$ you learn. I didn't even know that was possible! Also matchlock revolver mechanisms exist. Huh.

I wonder if I could make a Kuva version of a flintlock revolver. Should it be a unique revolver, though, or a Vasto skin? Decisions, decisions.

9 hours ago, Unus said:

Carbine could work as well.

I wonder if a Nock Gun technically a carbine, though....

Ah. Should've been more specific about that. I just feel like, with all the designs for the Rogga, and the aesthetic of Kuva stuff, there's a lot of cool new things I could do. I just love that it's a sort of midpoint between the Orokin focus on A E S T H E T I C and the Grineer "the fabricator made it look like a tumor! Does it work? Yes, but-! SHIP IT!" sort of mindset. 

...I wonder how a Kuvafied version of a flintlock revolver would work. Yes, those exist.

1114.jpg

And apparently so do wheel-lock revolver muskets! 

DW6l3tFW4AETB9r.jpg:large

The S#&$ you learn. I didn't even know that was possible! Also matchlock revolver mechanisms exist. Huh.

I wonder if I could make a Kuva version of a flintlock revolver. Should it be a unique revolver, though, or a Vasto skin? Decisions, decisions.

I wonder if a Nock Gun technically a carbine, though....

I mean, the Rogga itself is already a flintlock weapon using an explosive as the catalyst. Same for the ""black-powder"" lever-action that the Grinlok and Marelock are. 

I think that, while a skin is quite a reasonable outcome to make of all of this, a volley gun or pepperbox remains a sound investment.

11 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

They're pretty crazy considering the Aztecs literally used obsidian shards as blades. An ingenious invention for a primitive group of people.

Aesthetically, could make for a neat melee sword!

High impact and slash, I'm thinking. Or puncture? I've been reading a lot of Tobias Buckell lately, which has gotten me... thinking about it.

I've actually got two ideas. One is a 'straight' macuahuitl from... possibly Mars, or Cetus. (What do you think? I feel like Cetus opens up a lot of ideas). Or a Prova that's been wrapped in barbed wire.

...That last one is hilarious.

I have a few gun plans in the pipeline (One of which may or may not involve the Fedorov Avtomat) but I have one question for @Unus and @Almighty_Jado: What do you think about macuahuitls?

Something I've considered in the past, but, something that never quite solidified either. Looking to make something Sentient perhaps? Or, perhaps something space-age, but primitive from the martians?

That last bit sounds like something straigh outta Venus.

High impact and slash, I'm thinking. Or puncture? I've been reading a lot of Tobias Buckell lately, which has gotten me... thinking about it.

I've actually got two ideas. One is a 'straight' macuahuitl from... possibly Mars, or Cetus. (What do you think? I feel like Cetus opens up a lot of ideas). Or a Prova that's been wrapped in barbed wire.

...That last one is hilarious.

Likely slash would make the most sense thematically.

The crystalline structures of obsidian (since its basically just glass) make it very, VERY good at cutting.

1 hour ago, Almighty_Jado said:

The crystalline structures of obsidian (since its basically just glass) make it very, VERY good at cutting.

Somehow, that means it makes perfect sense as something from Cetus.

1 hour ago, Unus said:

That last bit sounds like something straigh outta Venus.

So it does. Huh.

Just one more question though, before I reveal the... uh... other thing: If I make a Cetus macuahuitl, should it be an individual version or a Zaw strike?

Pros of using it as Zaw part

• Just makes sense
  • Fanmade zaw strikes are.... honestly, I've never seen one. It'd be pretty unique!
  • Would be interesting to add a unique strike to the Zaw repertoire. I mean, you could have a macuahuitl polearm! That'd be dope.

Pros of not using it as Zaw parts

• What with the fact that you can see little hints of Sentient influence in Zaws (I mean, they are made from bits of Sentient, the Sepfahn even looks a bit like Broken War) and my desire to slightly imitate Broken War, one of my planned gimmicks (something like Broken War's guaranteed impact proc, except I toyed with slash, but then I nixed that) seems a bit overpowered to introduce into the Zaw system.
    • Then again it's not like I need to add in that gimmick...
  • A little more creative freedom. Example being, I can go with that gimmick!

4 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Just one more question though, before I reveal the... uh... other thing: If I make a Cetus macuahuitl, should it be an individual version or a Zaw strike?

Pros of using it as Zaw part

• Just makes sense
  • Fanmade zaw strikes are.... honestly, I've never seen one. It'd be pretty unique!
  • Would be interesting to add a unique strike to the Zaw repertoire. I mean, you could have a macuahuitl polearm! That'd be dope.

Pros of not using it as Zaw parts

• What with the fact that you can see little hints of Sentient influence in Zaws (I mean, they are made from bits of Sentient, the Sepfahn even looks a bit like Broken War) and my desire to slightly imitate Broken War, one of my planned gimmicks (something like Broken War's guaranteed impact proc, except I toyed with slash, but then I nixed that) seems a bit overpowered to introduce into the Zaw system.
    • Then again it's not like I need to add in that gimmick...
  • A little more creative freedom. Example being, I can go with that gimmick!

Now with my largest project in a long time FINALLY out of the way, I can use the final shreds of my sanity and brainpower remaining to answer. . . . . hm. . .

Judging by your own opinion I'm leaning towards it becomeing a machete-style part of the Zaw pile. What it lacks in "personalizing spark" as you point out in the following, you make up for it in being a bit of a trailblazer.

Edited by Unus

1 hour ago, Unus said:

Jusgeing by your own opinion I'm leaning towards it becomeing a machete-style part of the Zaw pile. What it lacks in "personalizing spark" as you point out in the following, you make up for it in being a bit of a trailblazer.

Well then, that settles it!

Plus, this prevents me from having it act too similar to my barbed-wire prova.

corpus__kelvin__shotgun_by_haruaxeman-dc

"Commissioned as a riot-control weapon by Anyo Corp, the Kelvin was meant to suppress uprisings of Anyo Corp workers. However, the Kelvin - as a cold-based weapon - proved laughably ineffective against Solaris United strikers that had developed a resistance to the cold, one of whom beat a particularly infamous Corpus overseer to death with his own pelvis."

Primary Fire: Cryoshot - diffracts the focus lens to fire several cryolasers which slow and freeze enemies on impact. This can be charged (much like the Drakgoon) for tighter spread... and extra Impact and knockback. 
Secondary Fire: Snowball - fires a slow-moving ball of cryotic which "arcs" freezing energy to enemy in a nearby radius. This has a chance to chain. However, this is arguably more useful if it doesn't hit anything - it explodes (violently) on contact with enemies. This uses a semiauto trigger.

A Corpus primary shotgun built to be compact and easily stored while maintaining the power of a full-size shotgun, the Kelvin uses a cryotic core to fire a spray of cryolasers which slow enemies on impact. An alternate fire mode fires a slow-moving cryotic burst that freezes enemies within a radius of the ball... unfortunately, it explodes on contact with hard surfaces. 

The Kelvin works as a crowd-control hybrid weapon, able to both freeze groups of enemies and deliver high single-target damage. While it has decent crit chance at 18%, it can also be built for status.

Usage

While the Kelvin never found prominence as a riot-control weapon on Venus, due to the aforementioned pelvis murder, it's not to say it was entirely useless. This weapon is used as a sidearm by Corpus Techs, and a primary shotgun by numerous Corpus soldiers. It's found its way into the hands of police units in more urbanized Corpus habitats and arcologies, too. Rumor has it, though, that the makers of the Raptor series of Heavy Osprey Units will create a Raptor (or Osprey) drone armed with these weapons.

NOTE: If an enemy is attempting to use the altfire, it will display a (blue) laser, much like the Vulkars of Grineer snipers.

Augment
Overdrive Sequence: Charging the weapon long enough allows it to fire another round in the mag. It's possible - though unwieldy - to let it fire the entire mag.
Freezing Hail: Lasers and Snowball bounce off of hard surfaces 2-3 times, or until hitting an enemy.

Artist Notes: 
Well. That's done.

As my other computer, the one with photoshop, is in the shop due to trackpad issues, this one probably won't be colored. The design from this was... interesting. I was sort of going for a hybrid of charge shotguns from Defiance, the PEPS from Deus Ex, and various weapons (mostly the Contact Beam) from Deadspace.

On 2018-08-06 at 10:28 PM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

corpus__kelvin__shotgun_by_haruaxeman-dc

"Commissioned as a riot-control weapon by Anyo Corp, the Kelvin was meant to suppress uprisings of Anyo Corp workers. However, the Kelvin - as a cold-based weapon - proved laughably ineffective against Solaris United strikers that had developed a resistance to the cold, one of whom beat a particularly infamous Corpus overseer to death with his own pelvis."

Primary Fire: Cryoshot - diffracts the focus lens to fire several cryolasers which slow and freeze enemies on impact. This can be charged (much like the Drakgoon) for tighter spread... and extra Impact and knockback. 
Secondary Fire: Snowball - fires a slow-moving ball of cryotic which "arcs" freezing energy to enemy in a nearby radius. This has a chance to chain. However, this is arguably more useful if it doesn't hit anything - it explodes (violently) on contact with enemies. This uses a semiauto trigger.

A Corpus primary shotgun built to be compact and easily stored while maintaining the power of a full-size shotgun, the Kelvin uses a cryotic core to fire a spray of cryolasers which slow enemies on impact. An alternate fire mode fires a slow-moving cryotic burst that freezes enemies within a radius of the ball... unfortunately, it explodes on contact with hard surfaces. 

The Kelvin works as a crowd-control hybrid weapon, able to both freeze groups of enemies and deliver high single-target damage. While it has decent crit chance at 18%, it can also be built for status.

Usage

While the Kelvin never found prominence as a riot-control weapon on Venus, due to the aforementioned pelvis murder, it's not to say it was entirely useless. This weapon is used as a sidearm by Corpus Techs, and a primary shotgun by numerous Corpus soldiers. It's found its way into the hands of police units in more urbanized Corpus habitats and arcologies, too. Rumor has it, though, that the makers of the Raptor series of Heavy Osprey Units will create a Raptor (or Osprey) drone armed with these weapons.

NOTE: If an enemy is attempting to use the altfire, it will display a (blue) laser, much like the Vulkars of Grineer snipers.

Augment
Overdrive Sequence: Charging the weapon long enough allows it to fire another round in the mag. It's possible - though unwieldy - to let it fire the entire mag.
Freezing Hail: Lasers and Snowball bounce off of hard surfaces 2-3 times, or until hitting an enemy.

Artist Notes: 
Well. That's done.

As my other computer, the one with photoshop, is in the shop due to trackpad issues, this one probably won't be colored. The design from this was... interesting. I was sort of going for a hybrid of charge shotguns from Defiance, the PEPS from Deus Ex, and various weapons (mostly the Contact Beam) from Deadspace.

Ah, I see, a cousin to the Corinth, but made delightfully exotic in a way that prevents it from being a carbon copy. Story makes it interesting itself, giving A.C. it's own weapons to make yet another corporate line of guns available in addition to Arca's and L.F.'s

17 hours ago, Unus said:

Ah, I see, a cousin to the Corinth, but made delightfully exotic in a way that prevents it from being a carbon copy. Story makes it interesting itself, giving A.C. it's own weapons to make yet another corporate line of guns available in addition to Arca's and L.F.'s

Funnily enough, I saw it as more similar to the Drakgoon what with the charged trigger. Still, with the delay between firing, I'd be surprised if it doesn't start reminding people of it. Anyway, thanks so much! I'm glad you like how oddball the Kelvin is. 

I added in the altfire because the idea of a gun you have to aim away from enemies for maximum effectiveness was hilarious.

Besides, Anyo is exactly the kind of person who would buy something like this because it was cheap, with no regards for the consequences. 

Shame we haven't seen much of Luxor Foundry, though. It seems to be one of those things that'll be relegated to the pre-update muck of Warframe, like Arn Etina.