Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fluffy's warframe concepts - weapons and enemies! (Newest concept - 𝑻𝒆𝒏𝒏𝒐 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑺𝒉𝒐𝒕𝒈𝒖𝒏!!)

(XBOX)Fluffywolf36

29 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Fluffywolf36 said:

By the way - sorry for being a bit quiet. To make it up to you, I've got an incoming ART DUMP! It's got a Corpus greatsword that lends itself to easy sex jokes, early Garnlok art, a blatant Trigun reference, and an Orokin target pistol. And also maybe another gun, soon(tm). But before that, I gotta ask all of you: @Unus, @Almighty_Jado... does Warframe have a poleaxe or billhook polearm? I've been looking through some old threads on spacebattles lately, and I saw a comment I made that was inspired by Tobias Buckell's Xenowealth series, where immortal nanomachine-fueled killing machine Pepper suggests polearms as a way to defend against fungal zombies.

...I mean, there's probably a few Zaws that count, but I'm still curious.

Is there a specific model of polearm your looking for? We have a glaive (Japanese definition), a poleaxe, an axe-spear, and a trident.

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)Fluffywolf36 said:

...Wait, we DO have a poleaxe? Huh. Though I was mostly thinking something like this:

b6b657b4641b4486aff58e7aeebb8de0.jpg

OHHHHH! THAT?! We do INDEED have a Warframeian spin on that breed a pole suh!

May I present. . . the Tonbo!

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Tonbo

And, as for the Poleaxe itself, I believe the freshly (recently monthwise, not daywise) Cassowar might suit your hunger for the thwacking.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Cassowar

9 hours ago, (Xbox One)Fluffywolf36 said:

By the way - sorry for being a bit quiet. To make it up to you, I've got an incoming ART DUMP! It's got a Corpus greatsword that lends itself to easy sex jokes, early Garnlok art, a blatant Trigun reference, and an Orokin target pistol. And also maybe another gun, soon(tm). But before that, I gotta ask all of you: @Unus, @Almighty_Jado... does Warframe have a poleaxe or billhook polearm? I've been looking through some old threads on spacebattles lately, and I saw a comment I made that was inspired by Tobias Buckell's Xenowealth series, where immortal nanomachine-fueled killing machine Pepper suggests polearms as a way to defend against fungal zombies.

...I mean, there's probably a few Zaws that count, but I'm still curious.

I think the Tonbo resembles a billhook slightly maybe a little bit? Not properly though, no. I've been wanting a poleaxe with the full Crow's Beak and Axe Blade for ages now. Also maybe not so double bladed. I really want an DISTINCTLY asymmetrical poleaxe. Below is an image of Holden Cross from For Honor and his B@D@$$ moneymakin' poleaxe.

Image result for pole axe with crows beakImage result for lawbringer

Also for some reason the Cassowar reminds me of a mancatcher, cant tell why though

(Sorry for late response)

Edited by Almighty_Jado

21 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

I think the Tonbo resembles a billhook slightly maybe a little bit? Not properly though, no. I've been wanting a poleaxe with the full Crow's Beak and Axe Blade for ages now. Also maybe not so double bladed. I really want an DISTINCTLY asymmetrical poleaxe. Below is an image of Holden Cross from For Honor and his B@D@$$ moneymakin' poleaxe.

Image result for pole axe with crows beakImage result for lawbringer

Also for some reason the Cassowar reminds me of a mancatcher, cant tell why though

(Sorry for late response)

22 hours ago, Unus said:

OHHHHH! THAT?! We do INDEED have a Warframeian spin on that breed a pole suh!

May I present. . . the Tonbo!

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Tonbo

And, as for the Poleaxe itself, I believe the freshly (recently monthwise, not daywise) Cassowar might suit your hunger for the thwacking.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Cassowar

...begins sketching in Art Dump.

BLATANT FILLER POST: Augment ideas!

WARFRAME AUGMENT: "Gyrojet Jump"

Upon activating an ability, this augment for Mesa sends you rocketing forward in whatever direction you were moving. For example, if I'm bullet jumping forward, and activate Peacemakers, this will give me a massive boost to momentum. As inspired by all the times I've used Peacemakers while bullet jumping.

For those of you wondering what a gyrojet is, well:

gyrojet-cover.jpg

It's a semiauto pistol that fires tiny .51 (or .49) caliber rockets! Maybe I can make something with this later...

Shotgun Mods:

Variable Choke and Accurizing Choke both came from Detron augment ideas, but I thought they might be interesting as general shotgun mods. Accurizing choke came about when I realized that Variable Choke would actually be a downside on stuff like the Sobek, Boar, Astilla, and possibly the Pyrana. That said, I can imagine them having downright weird interactions with some of the odder shotguns of Warframe while being outright useless on others, so it's got its downsides too. I'll just post the ideas:

Variable Choke: 
The slower you fire a shotgun, (In the case where I thought of this, the Detron) the tighter its spread becomes. Example being... well, to quote the Evolve wiki: "squeeze that trigger as fast as you can and you’ll have close range pellets flying scattershot. But if you pull the trigger slowly and methodically, you'll get slightly more accuracy at a longer range.

It'll also add some punch-through!

Of the two I conceptualized, this is the one that I feel has the highest potential as a Detron augment. That said, while I easily could make it a Perrin augment, I'm a bit leery of it. Maybe I could call it "Precise Sequence..."

Accurizing Choke:
The faster you fire a shotgun, the tighter its spread becomes. As inspired by Hyperion shotguns from Borderlands! I can imagine this being a lot of fun with automatic shotguns.
I'm also toying with the idea of these possibly adding punch through. Does that work?

Kulstar Syndicate Augment: Stern Justice

Upon detonation of the main projectile, the Kulstar's cluster projectiles seek out the nearest enemies. It's a Grineer weapon, so why not a Steel Meridian augment?

Lupus Syndicate Augment: Overwhelming Truth

Increases critical chance for each status effect currently applied to an enemy. Given that the Lupus has low crit chance (At.. less than 10%?) and abnormally high crit multiplier, this should be fun for players. Oh yes.

Oliphaunt Syndicate Augment: Methodical Purity

A syndicate augment for the Oliphaunt (And Tigris!) that increases the damage of the follow-up shot the longer you hold down the trigger... by covering enemies with a glob of oil on the first shot, and igniting them with the second.

Sevoricor Syndicate Augment: Encouraged Entropy

A sustained burst of the Sevoricor's primary fire will project a hologram of a Warframe over a the targeted enemy, similar to Nyx's "Chaos" ability, causing enemies to fire at them. The targeted enemy's resistance to damage is also decreased. Meanwhile, using its secondary fire will project these holograms over all enemies in a small radius, essentially giving you Nyx's "Chaos" ability on demand. Rather like the Vaykor Sydon's ability to basically cause Radial Blind on demand.

NOTES: 

Yes, towards the end, I made augments for my own weaponry concepts, because I'm just crazy like that. For those of you who don't remember the Lupus and Oliphaunt, here! The Oliphaunt is the bolt-action on the bottom, the Lupus is the Big Gun with the drum mag.

Admittedly, you can just click on the link to earlier entries, I just felt like showing off again. It's been awhile since I've been able to deliver concepts of the quality you all (especially Unus) deserve, so I compulsively added in some artwork. 

tenno__lupus__lmg_and__oliphaunt__huntin

Also, wait. What's the Sevoricor? You'll have to find out SOON (tm)...

Edited by (XB1)Fluffywolf36

choke me harder fluffy

I honestly don't care too much for the mods, but that big-@$$ gun looks nasty. We've needed a proper, heavy LMG for a long time. The Gorgon and Tenora I don't really want to count. Perhaps you can make the drum mag on the Lupus even bigger, or even make it chain fed? Might be sweet

2 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

I honestly don't care too much for the mods, but that big-@$$ gun looks nasty. We've needed a proper, heavy LMG for a long time. The Gorgon and Tenora I don't really want to count. Perhaps you can make the drum mag on the Lupus even bigger, or even make it chain fed? Might be sweet

Totally honest, I actually posted the guns before - I just wanted to give you guys some cool art before the next post, seeing as this was blatant filler. ^~^  As for making the drum bigger...

johnsonm1941-1024x180.jpg

Well, I wanted to, but I figured that mimicking the silhouette of the Johnson Rifle here seemed more Orokin. I already made the drum pretty big compared to that! And yeah, agreed about the Gorgon and Tenora not counting. The Tenora's charged-shot mechanic doesn't quite make me think "LMG," while counting the Gorgon would require, well... counting the Gorgon.

I like the Prisma Gorgon more than most people, and even I see the problem there.

23 hours ago, (Xbox One)Fluffywolf36 said:

BLATANT FILLER POST: Augment ideas!

WARFRAME AUGMENT: "Gyrojet Jump"

Upon activating an ability, this augment for Mesa sends you rocketing forward in whatever direction you were moving. For example, if I'm bullet jumping forward, and activate Peacemakers, this will give me a massive boost to momentum. As inspired by all the times I've used Peacemakers while bullet jumping.

For those of you wondering what a gyrojet is, well:

gyrojet-cover.jpg

It's a semiauto pistol that fires tiny .51 (or .49) caliber rockets! Maybe I can make something with this later...

Shotgun Mods:

Variable Choke and Accurizing Choke both came from Detron augment ideas, but I thought they might be interesting as general shotgun mods. Accurizing choke came about when I realized that Variable Choke would actually be a downside on stuff like the Sobek, Boar, Astilla, and possibly the Pyrana. That said, I can imagine them having downright weird interactions with some of the odder shotguns of Warframe while being outright useless on others, so it's got its downsides too. I'll just post the ideas:

Variable Choke: 
The slower you fire a shotgun, (In the case where I thought of this, the Detron) the tighter its spread becomes. Example being... well, to quote the Evolve wiki: "squeeze that trigger as fast as you can and you’ll have close range pellets flying scattershot. But if you pull the trigger slowly and methodically, you'll get slightly more accuracy at a longer range.

It'll also add some punch-through!

Of the two I conceptualized, this is the one that I feel has the highest potential as a Detron augment. That said, while I easily could make it a Perrin augment, I'm a bit leery of it. Maybe I could call it "Precise Sequence..."

Accurizing Choke:
The faster you fire a shotgun, the tighter its spread becomes. As inspired by Hyperion shotguns from Borderlands! I can imagine this being a lot of fun with automatic shotguns.
I'm also toying with the idea of these possibly adding punch through. Does that work?

Kulstar Syndicate Augment: Stern Justice

Upon detonation of the main projectile, the Kulstar's cluster projectiles seek out the nearest enemies. It's a Grineer weapon, so why not a Steel Meridian augment?

Lupus Syndicate Augment: Overwhelming Truth

Increases critical chance for each status effect currently applied to an enemy. Given that the Lupus has low crit chance (At.. less than 10%?) and abnormally high crit multiplier, this should be fun for players. Oh yes.

Oliphaunt Syndicate Augment: Methodical Purity

A syndicate augment for the Oliphaunt (And Tigris!) that increases the damage of the follow-up shot the longer you hold down the trigger... by covering enemies with a glob of oil on the first shot, and igniting them with the second.

Sevoricor Syndicate Augment: Encouraged Entropy

A sustained burst of the Sevoricor's primary fire will project a hologram of a Warframe over a the targeted enemy, similar to Nyx's "Chaos" ability, causing enemies to fire at them. The targeted enemy's resistance to damage is also decreased. Meanwhile, using its secondary fire will project these holograms over all enemies in a small radius, essentially giving you Nyx's "Chaos" ability on demand. Rather like the Vaykor Sydon's ability to basically cause Radial Blind on demand.

NOTES: 

Yes, towards the end, I made augments for my own weaponry concepts, because I'm just crazy like that. For those of you who don't remember the Lupus and Oliphaunt, here! The Oliphaunt is the bolt-action on the bottom, the Lupus is the Big Gun with the drum mag.

Admittedly, you can just click on the link to earlier entries, I just felt like showing off again. It's been awhile since I've been able to deliver concepts of the quality you all (especially Unus) deserve, so I compulsively added in some artwork. 

tenno__lupus__lmg_and__oliphaunt__huntin

Also, wait. What's the Sevoricor? You'll have to find out SOON (tm)...

1. Hmmmmm. . . a Zephrian-style battlejump? Hm. . . Conclave allows for a modification where the suit becomes able to dodge-roll, perhaps this could be the "standard game" equivilant?

2.-3. Mmmmm, accuracy modifications? A truly rare breed I have much appreciation for! One thing though, perhaps both should come equipped with top-right-hand timers? Might help folks time things just right for maximum bonus focus.

4. Heh, "when the Kween ain't around, the mice scatter.".

Could work, just think it might need a malus to go along with it, perhaps a loss to accuracy? Maybe a fire-rate decrease or a magazine decrease.

5. Modifiers for one's own guns? Now that's gettin creative! Again though, perhaps it has a Damage decrease to compensate for the shift over from a pure damage focus to a critical focus?

6. Well, THATS certainly a unique modifier, don't know what to make  of it due to how unique it is.

7. I will await its creation before passing judgement suh. 

Filler? This isn't filler as far as I can tell. This posting contains content.

Cephalon 'Sevoricor' Beam Speargun and 'Odacor' Beam Nikana

sevoricor_and_odacor_by_haruaxeman-dc3xk

Espador
"A cephalon-made cutting tool. Its power increases as a combatant throws themselves into the fray."
The Espador was designed as a cutting multitool using the principles of Orokin hardlight technology. If there's any moment where Suda operatives would require a multitool, the Espador delivers.

Specifically, it works well as a sword. Clever Suda-aligned Tenno found a way to jailbreak the mechanisms that governed its blade length, allowing the Espador to become bigger and longer (*giggle*) as the Tenno's fighting spirit grows. Essentially, the longer you attack, the longer your sword gets, leaving you with a sword that has truly insane range on par with a Galatine. There is a cap, but I'm not totally sure where.

I'm also not totally sure what stances this uses - Nikanas? Or just regular sword stances? It's hard for me to say. I'm leaning towards Nikanas.

Sevoricor Gun-Spear
"Strip away enemies molecule by molecule, or throw the Sevoricor like a spear and send them into a frenzy."
Designed with typical Cephalon focus on multifunctionality, the Sevoricor can function as an excavator, digging tool, radiation-pulse scanner, communications laser, and anti-wildlife measure for Suda operatives camping on Earth or other areas with hostile fauna.

The Sevoricor's effects may seem to be consistent with corrosive damage, but in actuality it fires a beam that molecularly disassembles armor, stripping it away and mimicking the effects of common anti-armor compounds used by Tenno. It's also got excellent status chance!

Primary Fire: Corrosive beam that strips armor. It's TECHNICALLY not a corrosive weapon, as it does not shoot acid. But it does corrosive damage.
Secondary Fire: Throwing the Sevoricor releases a radiation pulse in a wide radius that causes any nearby enemies to fight each other.

• Like 2

'Verdictus' Tenno shotgun sidearm revolver

tenno__verdictus__shotgun_revolver_by_ha

Verdictus
"Tenno shotgun revolver. This ensured that the judgment of the Orokin Empire was swift and final."
--The Lotus

This puncture-focused Tenno shotgun revolver found its way into many hands during the old days of the Orokin Empire - Executors used a specially-built version as their primary sidearm, and Orokin lawkeepers and soldiers found it to be extraordinarily useful in the cramped confines of spaceborne habitats. Though its piercing flechette rounds seemed as if they would be of limited use against the Infested during the Great Plague, its overpenetration allowed it to easily kill multiple Infested in a single shot.

Its ubiquity continues into the post-Orokin era, however. The Verdictus is a common sight among Tenno arms shipments to colonists and Syndicates at risk of Grineer attack.

Artist notes: Think of this as a sidearm version of the Drakgoon. While it doesn't have the raw damage of the Drakgoon, it trades this for accuracy and range, in a shotgunlike spray of projectiles that do not arc - and they bounce at least once!

It has some falloff though. Not as much as other shotgun pistols, but it does exist. I can imagine the Brakk outdoing this in terms of burst damage and fire rate. As for why this is puncture? Well, I found out just recently that we don't have a puncture-focused shotgun sidearm. Also, it reloads like this Remington revolver below!

a5d10610515f35c80f7e65c50b5e0245.jpg

• Like 1

On 2/22/2018 at 12:43 AM, (Xbox One)Fluffywolf36 said:

sevoricor_and_odacor_by_haruaxeman-dc3xk

Espador
"A cephalon-made cutting tool. Its power increases as a combatant throws themselves into the fray."
The Espador was designed as a cutting multitool using the principles of Orokin hardlight technology. If there's any moment where Suda operatives would require a multitool, the Espador delivers.

Specifically, it works well as a sword. Clever Suda-aligned Tenno found a way to jailbreak the mechanisms that governed its blade length, allowing the Espador to become bigger and longer (*giggle*) as the Tenno's fighting spirit grows. Essentially, the longer you attack, the longer your sword gets, leaving you with a sword that has truly insane range on par with a Galatine. There is a cap, but I'm not totally sure where.

I'm also not totally sure what stances this uses - Nikanas? Or just regular sword stances? It's hard for me to say. I'm leaning towards Nikanas.

Sevoricor Gun-Spear
"Strip away enemies molecule by molecule, or throw the Sevoricor like a spear and send them into a frenzy."
Designed with typical Cephalon focus on multifunctionality, the Sevoricor can function as an excavator, digging tool, radiation-pulse scanner, communications laser, and anti-wildlife measure for Suda operatives camping on Earth or other areas with hostile fauna.

The Sevoricor's effects may seem to be consistent with corrosive damage, but in actuality it fires a beam that molecularly disassembles armor, stripping it away and mimicking the effects of common anti-armor compounds used by Tenno. It's also got excellent status chance!

Primary Fire: Corrosive beam that strips armor. 
Secondary Fire: Throwing the Sevoricor releases a radiation pulse in a wide radius that causes any nearby enemies to fight each other.

Hmmm. . . . you're Espador friend. . . he wouldn't happen to be inspired by Wukong's smacking stick, would he? 

Ah, tasty, one part anti-Grineer weapon the Sudists seem to be lacking and one part "nuclear smokescreen" for when one can't be arsed to stick around and deal with ""distractions"".

On 2/26/2018 at 4:21 PM, (Xbox One)Fluffywolf36 said:

filename_by_haruaxeman-dc4drmr.jpg

Verdictus
"Tenno shotgun revolver. This ensured that the judgment of the Orokin Empire was swift and final."
--The Lotus

This puncture-focused Tenno shotgun revolver found its way into many hands during the old days of the Orokin Empire - Executors used a specially-built version as their primary sidearm, and Orokin lawkeepers and soldiers found it to be extraordinarily useful in the cramped confines of spaceborne habitats. Though its piercing flechette rounds seemed as if they would be of limited use against the Infested during the Great Plague, its overpenetration allowed it to easily kill multiple Infested in a single shot.

Its ubiquity continues into the post-Orokin era, however. The Verdictus is a common sight among Tenno arms shipments to colonists and Syndicates at risk of Grineer attack.

Artist notes: Think of this as a sidearm version of the Drakgoon. While it doesn't have the raw damage of the Drakgoon, it trades this for accuracy and range, in a shotgunlike spray of projectiles that do not arc - and they bounce at least once!

It has some falloff though. Not as much as other shotgun pistols, but it does exist. I can imagine the Brakk outdoing this in terms of burst damage and fire rate. As for why this is puncture? Well, I found out just recently that we don't have a puncture-focused shotgun sidearm. Also, it reloads like this Remington revolver below!

a5d10610515f35c80f7e65c50b5e0245.jpg

"See a niche, fill a niche." as I always think. A new member of the the family tree to sit alongside the bronco, the detron, and the brakk, the Puncture child. Not seeing anything to complain about here

So you pull the entire cylinder out and exchange it for a new one? 

5 hours ago, Unus said:

Ah, tasty, one part anti-Grineer weapon the Sudists seem to be lacking and one part "nuclear smokescreen" for when one can't be arsed to stick around and deal with ""distractions"".

I thought of it as less of a "nuclear smokescreen" and more "Hey, wouldn't it be funny to immediately make every enemy in this room fight each other?!"

It's always bugged me a bit how Suda operatives are armed with something that's of such limited use against Grineer and Infested. Sure, magnetism does some damage to them, but I'd be surprised if there's a Suda operative who wouldn't trade in their gammacor in a heartbeat.

(I really feel bad for Suda operatives, they go down on Grineer missions in a heartbeat.) 

As for the Espador, it has absolutely nothing to do with Wukong at all! It has more to do with the Peony (giggle) from No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle. See, the Peony is... well, think of it as a two-handed lightsaber that gets longer and heavier the more aggressively you fight. Here's some footage of it in action!

Maybe the Espador deserves some new stances...

Also, fun fact about the Espador: Originally, before I even named it, this basic concept would've gone to a Corpus weapon! But I really didn't like the design I was going for (you'll see it in the next ART DUMP) and I felt like Cephalon weaponry worked better for the kind of lightsaber-inspired thing I was going for.

5 hours ago, Unus said:

"See a niche, fill a niche." as I always think. A new member of the the family tree to sit alongside the bronco, the detron, and the brakk, the Puncture child. Not seeing anything to complain about here

Glad you like it! :) The "Fill a niche" school of thought can be a great comfort. It's what led me to make the Tessera (BTW, new version coming SOON(tm) ) and Oliphaunt, along with the Trejek. It's also why I've been wanting to make a Grineer Designated Marksman Rifle. The Garnlok would have been that, cause having an M14 to the Karak's M16 seemed like it made sense, but... well, three problems. One, I already used the M14 aesthetic, two, I was much happier with the gimmick I gave it, and three...

Well, semiauto rifles are super-easily outclassed by pistols in Warframe. I've got an idea for a gimmick that might make it relevant, but coming up with the right sort of shape is really hard for me. Tenno weapons are easy enough to make, but Grineer guns are this weird mix of far-future principles and archaic designs.

And while I'm here, I might as well say: Thanks for all the times you've stopped by to comment on my ideas, Unus. It really means a lot. 

(Maybe I should make a set of rugged, reliable Corpus equipment that'd fit on Venus. Hmmmm)

Edit: And yes, you do pull out the cylinder and replace it! Warframe's four revolver-style weapons either use a swing-out cylinder or are top-break, and I wanted to do something different.

YYYYEEAAAHHHHHH-BOYIE

Corpus "Tessera" Pistol

tessera__colored___by_haruaxeman-dc4o7yo

uncolored_tessera_pistol_by_haruaxeman-d

Tessera
"The Corpus use this combat pistol to... discipline... misbehaving Crewmen, executives, agitators, undesirables, and the unprofitable. For their abuses of others, the Mycona and us Perrin among them, I suggest. You. Discipline. Them. Right. Back."
-- Ergo Glast, President of the Perrin Sequence.

The Tessera is an electricity and puncture-based sidearm. The Corpus Board of Directors, however, wanted to save money, and decided that giving the Tessera viability as a combat pistol would give it added utility against Grineer and other threats. Sure, it hurt their Crewmen and other laborers, but they could always hire or build more.

Essentially, it's a Corpus taser pistol! Although it has one noticeable difference from conventional tasers. Where tasers use small conductive barbs at the end of a wire, the Tessera instead uses a laser that forms an electrically conductive laser-induced plasma channel, delivering long-range electric shocks. So, really, it's more of a Corpus electrolaser pistol. Think of it like the little brother to the Amprex. While it has less crowd-control capacity than the Amprex, it also has longer range and requires more precision. This is very much a status weapon.

Syndicate Variant: Secura Tessera

"In light of the Corpus resorting to dirtier tricks to control the remaining parts of the system, particularly their abuses of the Mycona, we of the Perrin Sequence decided that removing any nonlethal measures from this pistol was more... profitable."
--Ergo Glast

Yes, I planned on this. The Secura Tessera has (of course) improved stats and crit, with the Perrin "Sequence" effect which releases a radial burst of of, uh, radiation. The Secura Tessera has inherent Punch-Through and creates explosions upon kills.

Artist notes: As for why I made the Tessera, well... This was awhile before the massive weapon buffs that changed the meta forever, leaving the Cycron usable, the Amprex getting BERFED, and me with a Prisma Gorgon that will, with its current Riven mod, easily outclass my Soma Prime. I know, the thought of a Grineer weapon outclassing a Soma Prime is weird. Anyway, months back when I conceptualized this, I was a bit annoyed that the Corpus didn't have many viable, rugged pistols I could imagine any unit using. If that makes sense. The Cycron is comically weak due in part to its low magazine size, the Detron is heavy and cumbersome and is functionally a shotgun, the Amprex is a pocket rocket launcher, and the Cestra series... exists. (I have terrible, terrible memories of MR-ing the Cestras.) As for the Sonicor, Staticor, and Arca Scisco... actually, those might work well for Corpus units, but I wasn't thinking about them when I made this. But, with the possible exception of the Acra Scisco, they get a bit niche. I wanted a Corpus weapon that focused on utility above all, as part of the mindset that many Corpus weapons feel like repurposed tools.

I like saying "BERFED."

EDIT:  just so we're clear, the uncolored version is for the sake of clarity. In case some of you prefer the uncolored version, or if you're just curious.

On 2/28/2018 at 4:56 PM, (Xbox One)Fluffywolf36 said:

I thought of it as less of a "nuclear smokescreen" and more "Hey, wouldn't it be funny to immediately make every enemy in this room fight each other?!"

It's always bugged me a bit how Suda operatives are armed with something that's of such limited use against Grineer and Infested. Sure, magnetism does some damage to them, but I'd be surprised if there's a Suda operative who wouldn't trade in their gammacor in a heartbeat.

(I really feel bad for Suda operatives, they go down on Grineer missions in a heartbeat.) 

As for the Espador, it has absolutely nothing to do with Wukong at all! It has more to do with the Peony (giggle) from No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle. See, the Peony is... well, think of it as a two-handed lightsaber that gets longer and heavier the more aggressively you fight. Here's some footage of it in action!

Maybe the Espador deserves some new stances...

Also, fun fact about the Espador: Originally, before I even named it, this basic concept would've gone to a Corpus weapon! But I really didn't like the design I was going for (you'll see it in the next ART DUMP) and I felt like Cephalon weaponry worked better for the kind of lightsaber-inspired thing I was going for.

Glad you like it! :) The "Fill a niche" school of thought can be a great comfort. It's what led me to make the Tessera (BTW, new version coming SOON(tm) ) and Oliphaunt, along with the Trejek. It's also why I've been wanting to make a Grineer Designated Marksman Rifle. The Garnlok would have been that, cause having an M14 to the Karak's M16 seemed like it made sense, but... well, three problems. One, I already used the M14 aesthetic, two, I was much happier with the gimmick I gave it, and three...

Well, semiauto rifles are super-easily outclassed by pistols in Warframe. I've got an idea for a gimmick that might make it relevant, but coming up with the right sort of shape is really hard for me. Tenno weapons are easy enough to make, but Grineer guns are this weird mix of far-future principles and archaic designs.

And while I'm here, I might as well say: Thanks for all the times you've stopped by to comment on my ideas, Unus. It really means a lot. 

(Maybe I should make a set of rugged, reliable Corpus equipment that'd fit on Venus. Hmmmm)

Edit: And yes, you do pull out the cylinder and replace it! Warframe's four revolver-style weapons either use a swing-out cylinder or are top-break, and I wanted to do something different.

Hmmmmm. . . maybe it's just me, but, I can't help but feel that that symbol in the top right of that game is an innuendo of some kind. No idea why, it's """"just"""" a feeling.

In regards to your long-lost garnlok, I get what your saying. Might need to page through our current marksmen weapons to see if there are any new spins you could get it. For me, "Grineer" And "marksmen rifle" in the same sentence conjures the term "idiot proof" as a middle word, but, I'm not sure just HOW it would be.

Wait, re. . . really? Well. . . uh, shet, I . . . . . uh, thanks sir, I uh. . . just doin my job.

Ah, I gotcha. For some reason, I thought there was only ever two types of rev-reload, bullet-by-bullet and speedload, with only gaming utilizeing the "cylinder-yoink" method. Learn something new every day.

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)Fluffywolf36 said:

YYYYEEAAAHHHHHH-BOYIE

Corpus "Tessera" Pistol

tessera__colored___by_haruaxeman-dc4o7yo

uncolored_tessera_pistol_by_haruaxeman-d

Tessera
"The Corpus use this combat pistol to... discipline... misbehaving Crewmen, executives, agitators, undesirables, and the unprofitable. For their abuses of others, the Mycona and us Perrin among them, I suggest. You. Discipline. Them. Right. Back."
-- Ergo Glast, President of the Perrin Sequence.

The Tessera is an electricity and puncture-based sidearm. The Corpus Board of Directors, however, wanted to save money, and decided that giving the Tessera viability as a combat pistol would give it added utility against Grineer and other threats. Sure, it hurt their Crewmen and other laborers, but they could always hire or build more.

Essentially, it's a Corpus taser pistol! Although it has one noticeable difference from conventional tasers. Where tasers use small conductive barbs at the end of a wire, the Tessera instead uses a laser that forms an electrically conductive laser-induced plasma channel, delivering long-range electric shocks. So, really, it's more of a Corpus electrolaser pistol. Think of it like the little brother to the Amprex. While it has less crowd-control capacity than the Amprex, it also has longer range and requires more precision. This is very much a status weapon.

Syndicate Variant: Secura Tessera

"In light of the Corpus resorting to dirtier tricks to control the remaining parts of the system, particularly their abuses of the Mycona, we of the Perrin Sequence decided that removing any nonlethal measures from this pistol was more... profitable."
--Ergo Glast

Yes, I planned on this. The Secura Tessera has (of course) improved stats and crit, with the Perrin "Sequence" effect which releases a radial burst of of, uh, radiation. The Secura Tessera has inherent Punch-Through and creates explosions upon kills.

Artist notes: As for why I made the Tessera, well... This was awhile before the massive weapon buffs that changed the meta forever, leaving the Cycron usable, the Amprex getting BERFED, and me with a Prisma Gorgon that will, with its current Riven mod, easily outclass my Soma Prime. I know, the thought of a Grineer weapon outclassing a Soma Prime is weird. Anyway, months back when I conceptualized this, I was a bit annoyed that the Corpus didn't have many viable, rugged pistols I could imagine any unit using. If that makes sense. The Cycron is comically weak due in part to its low magazine size, the Detron is heavy and cumbersome and is functionally a shotgun, the Amprex is a pocket rocket launcher, and the Cestra series... exists. (I have terrible, terrible memories of MR-ing the Cestras.) As for the Sonicor, Staticor, and Arca Scisco... actually, those might work well for Corpus units, but I wasn't thinking about them when I made this. But, with the possible exception of the Acra Scisco, they get a bit niche. I wanted a Corpus weapon that focused on utility above all, as part of the mindset that many Corpus weapons feel like repurposed tools.

I like saying "BERFED."

EDIT:  just so we're clear, the uncolored version is for the sake of clarity. In case some of you prefer the uncolored version, or if you're just curious.

Ah, I remember us conversing about this fellow a fair ways back. Lovely design you have here for it, brings to me mind a bit of Borderlandsian Maliwan styleing, plus a hint of corporate chic mixed in for good measure. Tasty.

7 minutes ago, Unus said:

Hmmmmm. . . maybe it's just me, but, I can't help but feel that that symbol in the top right of that game is an innuendo of some kind. No idea why, it's """"just"""" a feeling.

No More Heroes (and pretty much every Suda 51 game, honestly) have roughly as much sexual innuendo as... I dunno, the average show with Hiroyuki Imaishi's directorial input, like FLCL, Tengen Toppa: GURREN LAGANN!!!! and Kill La Kill. It doesn't hurt that Suda 51's a big fan of Imaishi too. ^~^ That, and honestly... well, with the peony (pffft OH GOD hahahahaha XD) and Espador, the jokes are pretty much unavoidable. I can already hear Quiette Shy making jokes about it.

11 minutes ago, Unus said:

In regards to your long-lost garnlok, I get what your saying. Might need to page through our current marksmen weapons to see if there are any new spins you could get it. For me, "Grineer" And "marksmen rifle" in the same sentence conjures the term "idiot proof" as a middle word, but, I'm not sure just HOW it would be.

...in retrospect that suddenly explains why Kuva and Tusk soldiers are armed with a lever-action rifle! XD

That said, a lever-action rifle isn't quite what I have in mind for the Grineer in their role as the Origin System force that feels the most like a military. There's also a new enemy type (as built by Tyl Regor!) I have envisioned for my Grineer marksman rifle, but that... is another story for another day. :P

13 minutes ago, Unus said:

Ah, I gotcha. For some reason, I thought there was only ever two types of rev-reload, bullet-by-bullet and speedload, with only gaming utilizeing the "cylinder-yoink" method. Learn something new every day.

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)Fluffywolf36 said:

There's also this!

1287754226.jpg

Only used on one revolver, but I already want to put it on a future warframe design... but if I do that for the next one I have planned, I'll ruin the Trigun reference!

17 minutes ago, Unus said:

Wait, re. . . really? Well. . . uh, shet, I . . . . . uh, thanks sir, I uh. . . just doin my job.

Course I appreciate it. Every artist loves feedback, and everyone loves to hear they're doing well.

17 minutes ago, Unus said:

Ah, I remember us conversing about this fellow a fair ways back. Lovely design you have here for it, brings to me mind a bit of Borderlandsian Maliwan styleing, plus a hint of corporate chic mixed in for good measure. Tasty.

Actually, the taser from Elysium was the biggest influence on it. I also added in a bunch of Corpus-ish elements, and there's probably some Omolon (it's a weapon manufacturer from Destiny! Aesthetically speaking, they're probably my favorite) in its DNA too.

ben-rubey-lp-shaded-2.jpg?1503244864

13 hours ago, (Xbox One)Fluffywolf36 said:

No More Heroes (and pretty much every Suda 51 game, honestly) have roughly as much sexual innuendo as... I dunno, the average show with Hiroyuki Imaishi's directorial input, like FLCL, Tengen Toppa: GURREN LAGANN!!!! and Kill La Kill. It doesn't hurt that Suda 51's a big fan of Imaishi too. ^~^ That, and honestly... well, with the peony (pffft OH GOD hahahahaha XD) and Espador, the jokes are pretty much unavoidable. I can already hear Quiette Shy making jokes about it.

...in retrospect that suddenly explains why Kuva and Tusk soldiers are armed with a lever-action rifle! XD

That said, a lever-action rifle isn't quite what I have in mind for the Grineer in their role as the Origin System force that feels the most like a military. There's also a new enemy type (as built by Tyl Regor!) I have envisioned for my Grineer marksman rifle, but that... is another story for another day. :P

There's also this!

1287754226.jpg

Only used on one revolver, but I already want to put it on a future warframe design... but if I do that for the next one I have planned, I'll ruin the Trigun reference!

Course I appreciate it. Every artist loves feedback, and everyone loves to hear they're doing well.

Actually, the taser from Elysium was the biggest influence on it. I also added in a bunch of Corpus-ish elements, and there's probably some Omolon (it's a weapon manufacturer from Destiny! Aesthetically speaking, they're probably my favorite) in its DNA too.

ben-rubey-lp-shaded-2.jpg?1503244864

F. . . L. . . C. . . L? But the others, ah, the things I missed that peetered out so very long ago. Kinda sad I missed most of em, though I'm more then happy that the one show I did find got lumped in with us at one point.

https://goo.gl/images/D3Ds8x

Oh, I wasn't suggesting that it'd strictly be lever-action. Rather, I was more suggesting that there'd be something about it that makes it idiotproof. Some manner of feature or features that provides a sort of margin-of-error that, even if the grunt was largely blind, had the diabetic shakes, and was aiming during a dusty earthquake, they'd still hit SOMETHING.

Trigun? You mean that giant extradimensional Satan fellow those Teen Titan fellows had to stop a few dozen times?

Oh. . . huh, I guess it's just been so long for me to have gotten anything specific, that I kinda forgot how it feels to get something like that.

Ah, so that's your recipe for it, I see I see.

MENTLEGEN... BEHOLD!

MUTALIST BOLTOR

mutalist_boltor_by_haruaxeman-dc4nwgl.pn

"Do you like it, Tenno? You used this Old War equipment when you practically down to sheet metal and harsh words - and later, far more desperate Red Veil. Oh, such great customers they are! Does it bring back... memories?"
--Alad V

Red Veil-issued Boltor, found in an Orokin cache hidden in a Derelict. The Mutalist Boltor has earned a lot of favor among Red Veil operatives who desire a less subtle approach than bows, swords, and daggers. Some Steel Meridian troops have even taken to using it, though they loathe its current manufacturer - Alad V.

Alad V, as one of the most experienced Infestation and Warframe researchers in the system, was able to easily reproduce this Orokin-era infested technology. In the process, he created a Boltor that behaves far differently from the other variants of the system. Its bolts are instead jagged spurs of Infested bone, causing grievous slash wounds upon hitting an enemy. These bolts also come with inherent corrosive damage, giving it many applications against the various factions of the system. Its bolts also split into two upon overpenetrating an enemy. This is very much a crowd control weapon, wreaking havoc against massed groups of enemies.

Artist notes: An Infested Boltor that comes with inherent toxin damage, and higher slash than the other three boltor variants. It's been almost completely taken over by Infested matter, with vaguely fungal Infested growth replacing any wooden furniture. I figured that this made sense as a Red Veil gun, considering that they use Infested weaponry. As for how you acquire this from the Red Veil... I dunno. A quest or something?

Whenever I need get to this thread, I type in "Arse." That is now a thing you know. Huehuehueheuhue.

Anyway, it's ART DUMP time! Expect dedicated posts of these soon(tm), especially the Qinghao and Volikor. I'm trying to do something different, so instead of a wall of text, you'll get a quick description of how these work. It's more so I can get early critique on the designs and their gimmicks.

warframe_weapon_ideas__3__by_haruaxeman-

Corpus Greatsword: An... abandoned-ish idea. This was meant to be a sword that became longer, heavier, and more dangerous with repeated attacks. I abandoned it, on account of the fact it didn't feel very Corpus. And the idea of a laser sword seemed like it'd work better with Cephalon weaponry, on account of their emphasis on hardlight. It eventually became the Espador cephalon sword.

Troian: Probably the weakest concept here - a revolver that fires 3 rounds per trigger pull (I don't know if this counts as inherent multishot or a burst). It's got very high impact.

Duello: A... target pistol? I dunno. I just really wanted to make a gun with the Luger's toggle-lock system. 

Garnlok: An early version of the Garnlok. Before the finished Garnlok, I used this page to try and nail down the Garnlok's shape. You can actually see the original design for the carry handle above. Originally, it was going to be a bullpup gun, but... I felt like 1), the Garnlok would look too much like the Burston or Braton, and 2), making a short, compact rifle didn't quite work with the precision rifle image I was going for. 

Thrombolyst: A weapon that gains +2% base crit chance per kill! As created by @Almighty_Jado.

Sevoricor: A Cephalon beam speargun! I've already done this.

Loba: A monk's spade built for use against Infested. Actually, the Troian is probably the second weakest by now. I was wrong.

Terminus: A lever-action primary Tenno shotgun! It does slash damage.

Volikor: My favorite idea here - a Grineer anti-synthetic grenade launcher that fires grenades on full auto from an overhead P90-style magazine. You can delay their explosions by holding down the trigger! I'm pretty sure this also has some kind of altfire. Not totally sure if this is magnetic or electric.

Qinghao: A pump-action incendiary grenade launcher! It also has a shotgunlike altfire, because... look, it's pump-action, that immediately makes people think "shotgun." As created because 1), I wanted to create a different sort of grenade launcher, and 2), I figured an incendiary grenade launcher would stand out a lot! It's tied with the Volikor as my favorite concept in this.

Adhera: A corpus rivet gun commonly mounted on MOAs and other service proxies. I want to give it some kind of gimmick (cryo damage? A cryo altfire?) but I'm not sure yet.

Fuselok: Grineer semiauto battle rifle! It fires one round per trigger pull, buuuuut you can also charge up for full-auto fire. Think of it like the Pandero, except it's a semiauto rifle and you can cancel the burst whenever you want.

Ionicron: A Corpus weapon that ionizes targets with a laser, then releases a massive damage pulse.

9 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Whenever I need get to this thread, I type in "Arse." That is now a thing you know. Huehuehueheuhue.

Anyway, it's ART DUMP time! Expect dedicated posts of these soon(tm), especially the Qinghao and Volikor. I'm trying to do something different, so instead of a wall of text, you'll get a quick description of how these work. It's more so I can get early critique on the designs and their gimmicks.

warframe_weapon_ideas__3__by_haruaxeman-

Corpus Greatsword: An... abandoned-ish idea. This was meant to be a sword that became longer, heavier, and more dangerous with repeated attacks. I abandoned it, on account of the fact it didn't feel very Corpus. And the idea of a laser sword seemed like it'd work better with Cephalon weaponry, on account of their emphasis on hardlight. It eventually became the Espador cephalon sword.

Troian: Probably the weakest concept here - a revolver that fires 3 rounds per trigger pull (I don't know if this counts as inherent multishot or a burst). It's got very high impact.

Duello: A... target pistol? I dunno. I just really wanted to make a gun with the Luger's toggle-lock system. 

Garnlok: An early version of the Garnlok. Before the finished Garnlok, I used this page to try and nail down the Garnlok's shape. You can actually see the original design for the carry handle above. Originally, it was going to be a bullpup gun, but... I felt like 1), the Garnlok would look too much like the Burston or Braton, and 2), making a short, compact rifle didn't quite work with the precision rifle image I was going for. 

Thrombolyst: A weapon that gains +2% base crit chance per kill! As created by @Almighty_Jado.

Sevoricor: A Cephalon beam speargun! I've already done this.

Loba: A monk's spade built for use against Infested. Actually, the Troian is probably the second weakest by now. I was wrong.

Terminus: A lever-action primary Tenno shotgun! It does slash damage.

Volikor: My favorite idea here - a Grineer anti-synthetic grenade launcher that fires grenades on full auto from an overhead P90-style magazine. You can delay their explosions by holding down the trigger! I'm pretty sure this also has some kind of altfire. Not totally sure if this is magnetic or electric.

Qinghao: A pump-action incendiary grenade launcher! It also has a shotgunlike altfire, because... look, it's pump-action, that immediately makes people think "shotgun." As created because 1), I wanted to create a different sort of grenade launcher, and 2), I figured an incendiary grenade launcher would stand out a lot! It's tied with the Volikor as my favorite concept in this.

Adhera: A corpus rivet gun commonly mounted on MOAs and other service proxies. I want to give it some kind of gimmick (cryo damage? A cryo altfire?) but I'm not sure yet.

Fuselok: Grineer semiauto battle rifle! It fires one round per trigger pull, buuuuut you can also charge up for full-auto fire. Think of it like the Pandero, except it's a semiauto rifle and you can cancel the burst whenever you want.

Ionicron: A Corpus weapon that ionizes targets with a laser, then releases a massive damage pulse.

1. What you said says it all.

2. So, like, one of those old "duck-foot@ pistols, or one of Beretta's newer model busti-pistols? Still figureing it out? 

3. At first, I diddn't quite understand the term you used here, but, then, after a bit of research, I realized I have a shotgun that works under the same principles! Just never had a name for it.

4. Ah, so I take it having a long barrel on a short-stub-gun might not have worked? Unless. . . perhaps the barrel and stock "telescope" out of the design when used? I had a similar Tenno design stewing around in the works.

5. Ah, so Mr. Jado's piece made it to the page eh? He'll be THRILLED to here about it!

Also, heh, I see the message there. The regal question though, is. . . does it waggle when the user walks with it?

6. Said and done.

7. Something new and hatchery for the pile, eh? Cetus monks perhaps?

8. Does what it says on the tin.

9. Inevitable really, so long as the statistical chance isn't to over-the-top. That "delayed trigger piece REALLY helps with survivability, but, are they adhesive or are they "pineapples"?

10. Aha, so yesterday's brainstorm session yielded immediate results, snazzy.

11. Hm. . . . hm. . . food-for-thought going ahead.

12. Rifled Pandero? Heh, might be something folks ould be real happy to see, ever since it's tweak during secondary weapon adjustments.

13. A weapon that teaches the virtue of patience eh? Paint-and-burn like an Opticor, but, with a blast radius?

Crikey, such production so far. I really gotta get outta my "Concept Lost and Renewal" slump and get back in the boat!

7 hours ago, Unus said:

2. So, like, one of those old "duck-foot@ pistols, or one of Beretta's newer model busti-pistols? Still figureing it out? 

I was thinking it'd be closer to the old Akjagara or Quartakk with its inherent multishot.

7 hours ago, Unus said:

4. Ah, so I take it having a long barrel on a short-stub-gun might not have worked? Unless. . . perhaps the barrel and stock "telescope" out of the design when used? I had a similar Tenno design stewing around in the works.

I guess I could've done that? But I wanted the Garnlok to look like a long-barreled precision rifle, so I thought "Hey, the M14 is good! That's immediately recognizable." So I went for that. Coincidentally, this is why the Fuselok looks like an FN FAL - it was the only other recognizable battle rifle I could think of at the time.

7 hours ago, Unus said:

7. Something new and hatchery for the pile, eh? Cetus monks perhaps?

Okay, that sounds pretty dope! Perhaps another order of monks. 

7 hours ago, Unus said:

9. Inevitable really, so long as the statistical chance isn't to over-the-top. That "delayed trigger piece REALLY helps with survivability, but, are they adhesive or are they "pineapples"?

I hadn't really decided. Part of me wants to make them sticky, but part of me also thinks that making them bounce could be fun... But really, they'd be much better as stickies. Also, what're your thoughts - electricity or magnetic? Or electric with a chance to do magnetic, like how the Lenz can do Blast and Cold?