Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fluffy's warframe concepts - weapons and enemies! (Newest concept - 𝑻𝒆𝒏𝒏𝒐 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑺𝒉𝒐𝒕𝒈𝒖𝒏!!)

(XBOX)Fluffywolf36

On 2020-05-19 at 11:39 AM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Grineer 'Krog' Heavy SMG

grineer__krog__heavy_smg_by_haruaxeman_d

“This here’s a Krog - The Saturnine Independence Front helped us snap ‘em up after they fell off the back of a Grineer cargo hauler bound for Tethys, and Darvo’s been fencing them for us. He’s not really sure if it’s a short-range assault rifle or a very heavy SMG, and neither are my troops.”

—Cressa Tal

The Krog was an outgrowth of the Quartakk project, built specifically for Grineer marines as a mid-road between assault rifle and SMG. It’s chambered for a round that has more in common with a pistol round than a rifle round - large, thick, slow, heavy, and extremely loud while ejecting.

(nice)

Think of it as firing a Grineer equivalent to .50 Beowulf. This round guarantees impact procs up to 10 meters away, allowing this weapon to deal truly ridiculous amounts of status.  

It has a balanced recoil system derived from Tenno designs that almost completely negates vertical or side-to-side recoil, and uses a unique transverse snail-drum magazine design that can be found on the Mohb, a close cousin. While firing, the two wheels in front of the sights - often referred to by Saturnine Independence Front members as “Skates,” for no discernible reason - spin, making a loud grinding noise.

The Krog has extremely high damage at close range, destroying Corpus shields and stopping charging Infested in their tracks.

Compared to the Volsk, its contemporary, the Krog is more controllable, (In SMG mode, the Krog’s rounds randomly veer off course after 37 meters.) it has higher velocity, and higher status. But it’s less powerful at range. It also can’t be used as a silenced battle rifle, or used to silently take out entire rooms of Grineer.

These were first discovered in the Origin System by a joint op of SIF-Steel Meridian forces that hijacked a ship bound for Tethys. Shipping records indicate that Sargas Ruk had ordered a massive stock of them, likely for his various Gyre troops.

Since this incident, SIF fighters have been commonly seen brandishing this weapon - either scavenged, or home-brewed versions. Typically, a SIF-modified Krog will have a the “cushion” on the back of the weapon sawn off, with a homemade folding stock made of pipe welded onto it. And yes, that's a skin for this.

ENEMY NOTES:
Grineer armed with this weapon retain its ability to cause impact procs, staggering or stunning Tenno with ease - the best tactic against them is to keep out of their "sweet spot" of 10 meters distance. Or get within melee range. Honestly, both are good.

STATS
Trigger: Auto

Noise Level: Alarming
Fire Rate: 13.6
Magazine: 45
Reload: 3s
Damage: 40
30 Impact
7 Slash
3 Puncture
Crit Chance: 13%
Critical Multiplier: 2.5x
Status Chance: 49%
Damage Falloff:
    Full Damage up to 14m
    Min Damage at 42m
    70% Max Reduction

Special Traits:
Guaranteed Impact Proc up to 10m

Artist Notes:

…Jeez, these are some ridiculous stats. And I thought my stats for the Estampida, Depezador, Bruin, and Vlcak were nuts. I just hope that this isn’t too broken.

The most important inspirations for this were the Quartakk, (aesthetically) the Peacemaker Carbine from Bulletstorm, and - weirdly enough - the CAR SMG from Titanfall. The CAR is interesting cause it was (seemingly) designed specifically to sit exactly between the R-101 Assault Rifle and the R-97 SMG. It has less fire rate than the R-97, but more than the R-101… and less damage than the R-101, but more than the R-97. 

This is still true in Titanfall 2. I see it all the time there.

While the CAR does have very early falloff and loses stopping power quickly (you might as well be plinking enemies at that point) it’s very, very controllable. 

This was the sort of thing I wanted to convey here - I knew I wanted something powerful at short range, but I wasn’t sure how to convey that. While my inner gun nut doesn't like giving this thing such a tiny amount of range, well... the simple fact is, with how many fights in Warframe (or, hell, any shooter videogame) are just across very large rooms, and how little "real" weapon range comes into play in said games, this thing would be hilariously broken if I tried to apply real-life .50 Beowulf stats to it. Nobody would notice.

(.50 Beowulf's maximum effective range is apparently 200 yards, but... how often does literally anyone end up engaging enemies at 200 yards in this game? Nobody could tell the difference. It just doesn't work.)

Fun fact: The Saturnine Independence Front have shown up on this thread before! They make the Zagro, aka “Everything Fluffy wants in a sniper.” (Explosive sniper when, DE) And, unlike Ganymede, Level Dawn, or Solaris United, the SIF mostly use Grineer surplus. Anything the SIF uses is salvaged from the Grineer or kitbashed from spare Grineer parts and random odds and ends such as bicycles. 

Yes, they also have a gun made from a bike. I’ve wanted to see what a Bigun made from a generative-design-built bike looks like for awhile now! You probably remember the SIF-made bigun from... literally the last post. Huh.

Heh, well look at you and how you've hit that point in your art where your material runs in terrifying parallel with Digital's official designs they show on streams.

Ah, so. . . hmph. . . hm, I think the classification would be as a sort of "Quartakk carbine"? Least, that's the closest thing I can think of that sits between the submachine gun's compact nature and the rifle's functionalities. 

AH, a "stumble gun", hehe, good for point-defense against the fested when you need some breathing room.

Hm. . . are the wheels part of a gyroscopic stabilization system? One grinds one way, the other the opposite, and the opposing forces try to cancel each other out?

Heh, reaping the rewards of the clone's successes and failures innovationwise. Have a similar idea in my own docs for Deimos and the E.D.W.S.G. and their many brilliant sparks and chunks o junk.

Oh dear! The wraith of stagger lock unleashed upon one's face in a brutal fashion! I hope they don't act as the new annoyo-terror that makes scorpions and ancients and their tether yoinking look like drehk.

Fire Rate= Gorgonesque in fire rate, but, without the painful spin-up. Lovely.

Magazine= Braton paralleling. Most certainly reasonable given the niche it is meant to fill. Certainly dangerous given it's "Ten Meter Punch".

Reload Speed= You know, turning it over in my mental hands, I gotta say, I think you could even "up" this piece of data, at least from a gameplay point of view. If it's meant to have a "cumbersome" aesthetic to it's reload though, my personal opinion could be invalidated.

Damage= Certainly feels like a beefier cousin of the Karak in-profile.

Critical Chance= Sits within the niche of the Karak Wraith, the Quellor, and their kin.

Critical Multiplier= Reasonable.

Status Chance= AH, so HERES where your fears are made manifest suh! Yeezus!

If you wish for this gun to be a "paradigm breaker", my personal reccomendation would be a decrease to a much more reasonable . . . 39 to 40ish?

Annnndddd that's all I wrote! Pologies for the delay! Babysitting+ Shutdown due to lack of power + agonizing sleepiness that refuses to leave and let me work decided to triple-teaming me.

As a side note, heh, saw the recent Corpus rework vid and, that little bit at the end reminded me of my Spatali piece from back in the day visualswise. Guess I was getting brainwaves from the future.

21 minutes ago, Unus said:

Ah, so. . . hmph. . . hm, I think the classification would be as a sort of "Quartakk carbine"? Least, that's the closest thing I can think of that sits between the submachine gun's compact nature and the rifle's functionalities. 

..Huh. I guess it is kinda like that. Especially because this takes a lot of inspiration from the Quartakk's silhouette.

30 minutes ago, Unus said:

AH, a "stumble gun", hehe, good for point-defense against the fested when you need some breathing room.

I figured it'd be fun against them. Especially with punch-through. ...You'd have to add it, though, inherent punch-through on this could be a Bad Idea.

45 minutes ago, Unus said:

Hm. . . are the wheels part of a gyroscopic stabilization system? One grinds one way, the other the opposite, and the opposing forces try to cancel each other out?

Good question. I have no idea. They're mostly just there as the weapon is firing, for... reasons? Maybe they're what helps align the bullets with the barrel after being loaded from the transverse mag?

5 hours ago, Unus said:

Oh dear! The wraith of stagger lock unleashed upon one's face in a brutal fashion! I hope they don't act as the new annoyo-terror that makes scorpions and ancients and their tether yoinking look like drehk.

As for the stagger lock, I'd like to think it's avoidable as long as you're outside the effective range... or within punching range. Ideally, the stagger lock would stop being an issue if they unholstered a melee weapon, or the recoil suddenly started kicking upwards after sustained fire.

For maximum effectiveness, I'd think that it either has a vulkar laser effect to force you to dodge. Or it's not hitscan but has an obvious noise as it's firing. If it's just undodgeable, untelegraphed hitscan...

Well, that sounds like everything about why Bungie never gave the covenant hitscan weapons, on steroids. The enemy thoughts were sort of idle musings, but rest assured I'd never seriously consider adding something that frustrating in without a loophole.

5 hours ago, Unus said:

Reload Speed= You know, turning it over in my mental hands, I gotta say, I think you could even "up" this piece of data, at least from a gameplay point of view. If it's meant to have a "cumbersome" aesthetic to it's reload though, my personal opinion could be invalidated.

Huh. That makes sense. It is a short-ranged gun, so being able to quickly reload as an enemy closes the distance makes sense. I will consider that.

5 hours ago, Unus said:

If you wish for this gun to be a "paradigm breaker", my personal reccomendation would be a decrease to a much more reasonable . . . 39 to 40ish?

If so, it should still be more than 40 - possibly 45. I wanted to design the thing specifically to be able to go over 100% status.

5 hours ago, Unus said:

Fire Rate= Gorgonesque in fire rate, but, without the painful spin-up. Lovely.

Is it now?! Huh. ...I do like that it's being seen as an improvement over the Gorgon. I like auto-spool weapons, but the Prisma Gorgon and Soma Prime (with Primed Shred) have ruined me lol.

5 hours ago, Unus said:

Damage= Certainly feels like a beefier cousin of the Karak in-profile.

Which is funny, because - if you see the Karak as an M16 - this is exactly what I was going for XD. Meanwhile, if you see the Karak as a Kalashnikov, the Volsk is a VAL or VSK to the Karak's Kalashnikov.

5 hours ago, Unus said:

Annnndddd that's all I wrote! Pologies for the delay! Babysitting+ Shutdown due to lack of power + agonizing sleepiness that refuses to leave and let me work decided to triple-teaming me.

Don't even trip, dawg. It be like that sometimes.

5 hours ago, Unus said:

As a side note, heh, saw the recent Corpus rework vid and, that little bit at the end reminded me of my Spatali piece from back in the day visualswise. Guess I was getting brainwaves from the future.

The resemblance is spooky.

Grineer 'Vuhnder' Metal Storm Blunderbuss

grineer__vuhnder__metal_storm_blunderbus

The ‘Vuhnder’ was one of the first weapons of the Grineer Unification Wars. Like the blunderbusses of ancient humanity, it’s a caseless muzzle-loading shotgun. Unlike those weapons, however, it uses electronically actuated superimposed loads similar to its big brother, the Zarr.”

CODEX

The Vuhnder - derived from the Grineer mispronunciation of ‘Thunder,’ as many of them cannot pronounce ‘th’ sounds - was created by the Grineer as a simple, reliable shotgun that took all the elements of pump-action Tenno shotguns such as the Corinth, Neophytou, Poyang, Syracuse, Tenebrae, or Terminus and reduced them to the bare essentials.  To save materials, the magazine tube was removed. In fact, the magazine is also the barrel - instead of shells, the Vuhnder loads caseless ammunition units through the muzzle.  It uses an Orokin artifact that creates electricity to fire the ammo units. 

A similar magazine system was used on the Grineer ‘Zarr’ launcher, though the Zarr - being larger - has room for a much larger onboard power source, and thus functions semiautomatically. The Vuhnder’s smaller size, however, makes it much more portable and quicker to reload. 

Its ammo units can be configured for two fire modes.

In the first one, it fires three projectiles, each of which  splits into three more slugs that each do a third of the damage after a certain distance, (or after impacting an enemy). Hitting enemies before the slugs split causes the child projectiles to bounce towards nearby enemies.  Essentially, if you shoot this at short range, you have more crowd control, while outside it's optimal range, you have more single-target damage.  Think of it as kind of like the Membrane from Enter the Gungeon, but not as a flat spread. Each projectile has very high status, meaning that this weapon can be capable of extremely high overall status - but you need a grasp of how far away an enemy is (and projectile speed) to truly get the most investment out of it. Each child projectile is fired from an angle from the original one, so it gets progressively harder to hit anything - you’ll be very, very lucky to hit anything with more than one projectile outside 17 meters. 

In the second mode, it fires a projectile similar to Ganymedean ‘Bouncer’ ammo - it shoots a large slug with an arc that bounces up to three times, dealing electricity damage in a 2-meter radius on each impact. This electric damage is unaffected by whatever you mod the gun for.

Unfortunately, its slow reload, increased difficulty in loading specialty ammo, and tendency to destroy left hands left it relegated to some factions of Kuva Guard, some of whom prefer the Kwueensguard Production Zone Model Onor-Ehught Hek for its tighter, more predictable spread and quicker reload.

Smart usage of the Vuhnder requires a keen grasp of positioning. For maximum status, it’s best to position enemies after the third split. This is less damage, but it’s a lot of status. The Vuhnder’s split range can be manipulated with the unique Exilus mod “Heavy Payload,” which reduces the speed of non-hitscan weapons but increases damage (and adds extra blast damage) in return. 

(NOTE: Heavy Payload can’t be used on weapons that have a hitscan mode, such as the Corinth, Euston, or Fulmin. It’s… not a good idea. It’s just not.)

ENEMY

Grineer ‘Kuva Vuhnder’ troops: 

These come with a modified version of the Shield Dargyn’s shield hooked up to an atomic generator on the back. The back generator can be destroyed to release a radial radiation proc. 

These enemies  either slowly advance towards you firing the shotgun in semi auto, (The first shot is extremely tight and dangerous, but subsequent ones become less accurate) or hold their position with a shield. They dodge to the side if you spend too long aiming at them.

Their respective Vuhnders have punch-through and bounce off walls, so don’t let them corner you. They don’t have knock back and don’t do impact procs, so you have the ability to jump out of the way.

STATS

Trigger: Semi

Projectile type: Non-hitscan

Fire Rate: 2

Magazine: 5

Reload: 3.75s
(0.65s per shell)

(+0.5s to begin animation)

Shotgun Mode

Damage: 3x243 (729)
                9x81
30% Slash
50% Impact
20% Puncture
(The damage numbers change with each shot and it’d be too confusing to write them out twice, I mean good cripes)
Crit Chance: 10%
Critical Multiplier: 2.0x
Pellets: 3 (up to 6m)
            9 (up to 14m
Status Chance: 38%

Bouncer’ Mode

Shared

On Impact

Damage: 30 Impact
Crit Chance: 16%

Area Attacks
Blast Radius: 2m

Damage: 280 
            40 Slash
            90 Impact
            70 Electric
Crit Chance: 16%

Artist Notes

First off, I totally made up Heavy Payload. Though that would admittedly be fun to add to a Boltor or Acceltra.

This is my personal reference to the ‘Blunderbuss’ from Looper. There was always something I loved about that thing - its ridiculously crude looks, and its pump-action in spite of it just being a tube. And yes, all the stuff I mentioned - except the splitting shells - totally can work. This is how Metal Storm weapons work, and there’s plenty of similarities with how the Zarr works!

…Minus the shells that are cluster bombs and frag grenades. That’s just Warframe. Don’t think about it too hard.

Also @Unus @HugintheCrow IT LIVES

Edited by (XBOX)Fluffywolf36
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Grineer 'Vuhnder' Metal Storm Blunderbuss

grineer__vuhnder__metal_storm_blunderbus

The ‘Vuhnder’ was one of the first weapons of the Grineer Unification Wars. Like the blunderbusses of ancient humanity, it’s a caseless muzzle-loading shotgun. Unlike those weapons, however, it uses electronically actuated superimposed loads similar to its big brother, the Zarr.”

CODEX

ts ammo units can be configured for two fire modes.

In the first one, it fires three slugs with 0.4 meters of punch-through , each of which  splits into three more slugs that each do a third of the damage after a certain distance, (or after impacting an enemy) which then split into three more, all of which bounce off of hard surfaces. The child projectiles, however, do not have punch-through. Think of it as kind of like the Membrane from Enter the Gungeon, but not as a flat spread. Each projectile has very high status, meaning that this weapon can be capable of extremely high overall status - but you need a grasp of how far away an enemy is (and projectile speed) to truly get the most investment out of it. Each child projectile is fired from an angle from the original one, so it gets progressively harder to hit anything - you’ll be very, very lucky to hit anything with more than one projectile outside 17 meters. 

I like this design because it rewards a well-placed shot. It probably gets quite silly with a mag´s magnetize.

In the second mode, it fires a projectile similar to Ganymedean ‘Bouncer’ ammo - it shoots a large slug with an arc that bounces up to three times, dealing electricity damage in a 2-meter radius on each impact. This electric damage is unaffected by whatever you mod the gun for.

Seems quite odd for the alt fire to not be affected by mods, it does not seem better at AOE than kuva Bhrma and even at the best case scenario of landing all 3 bounces on 1 enemy it´s not particularly amazing.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, keikogi said:

Seems quite odd for the alt fire to not be affected by mods, it does not seem better at AOE than kuva Bhrma and even at the best case scenario of landing all 3 bounces on 1 enemy it´s not particularly amazing.

Well, I mean it does electric damage regardless of whether you include, say, corrosive damage. As for why the damage is so much lower, well... I kind of patterned if off of the Penta, because that has the highest magazine capacity of any grenade launcher.

25 minutes ago, keikogi said:

I like this design because it rewards a well-placed shot. It probably gets quite silly with a mag´s magnetize.

Or with Narrow Barrel XD Or both. That'd be funny.

I'm glad you liked it! It's meant to replicate the experience of the Blunderbuss from Looper

Looper-Looper-s-Blunderbuss-1.jpg

...Or, if you played Enter the Gungeon, the Blooper. Cause, much like an actual blunderbuss, it's very short ranged (the shot cone is nigh impossible to dodge at short range, and impossible to hit anything with at long range) and has a long reload.

...I don't actually know how the Blunderbuss from Looper reloads. I swear I saw footage or a picture of someone reloading it like a break-open weapon, but I can't find any such footage. The Vuhnder is sort of based on my headcanon for how the Blunderbuss would work.

• Like 1

Wrote this to explain a homemade gun I was planning to give to Solaris (It's called the PROJECTRON) but it kind of took on a life of its own.

Anyway:

?

Vox Solaris: “Give me one good reason we should trust a suit like you.”

Yesha Vos: “Because I’m the one with the guns. The guns that I’m practically giving to you.”

Little Duck: “No boxhead gives anything. Least of all a custom Opticor like this, at a loss for you. You’ve some kind of game, hotshot. So how about you tell us what it is, or we start telling others.”

Yesha Vos: “There’s two reasons.”

Vox Solaris: “And those are?”

Yesha Vos: “First of all. Do you know what it’s like behind our desks, watching him handle this? It’s like a spoiled bairn in charge of a minelayer drone. You’re not sure if he’ll kill himself or his parents first.”

The Business: “That’s… certainly an image.”

Yesha Vos: “Every few weeks, I look at the broadwaves from Venus, take a long sip of custom-made caff with brandy and kala, and ask myself ‘Is the Orb Vallis on fire again?’ or ‘did he massacre his workers again?’”

Vox Solaris: “That’s rich. You, talking about your workers.”

Yesha Vos: “New business on Ganymede - if I don’t pay them enough, they can and will put me on a pike. Plus, fewer taxes, fewer grafts with these new people. And I…”

Yesha Vos: *sighs*

Yesha Vos: “Alright. Fine. I care about them because I’ve been in the same place. I had to crowdfund my way out of being foddered off to an Indoctrination temple. As far as I’m concerned, nobody deserves to be where I was - and you deserve better.”

Little Duck: “Even if I believed you, I don’t think this is just the boxer ring throwing punches behind the scenes. This is more than wanting him gone. You lot really wanted that, you would’ve bought him out.”

Yesha Vos: “Yes, and I know that won’t work. Anyo is a Board member, and this is his planet. Not his moon - his planet. He’s a contender for chairman if Bek dies. You want me to say it? Fine. I don’t want Anyo to fail.”

Vox Solaris: “You-"

Yesha Vos: “I don’t want failure because failure is too kind a term for what I want of that floating vodquila bottle. I want him to immolate. I want to see you parading side by side with investors, demanding his head on a Serro. I want his holdings razed. I want him screaming out to an uncaring sky, begging for a mercy he could never earn. I want Solaris to take their tools and disassemble his machine, piece by piece. I want him to suffer.

Vox Solaris: “I like your energy. But what’s the catch? What’s your motive, high and mighty suit?”

Yesha Vos: “My brother was forced to be used as cannon fodder during a Tower Op, all for spraying graffiti on an Anyo property. My sister died from fumes at an Anyo gas facility on Jupiter, and passed it on to her husband, leaving me with a niece with fragile bones. People around me died by the dozens when I worked for him, because he wouldn’t shell out for the big guns, even as the Grineer ripped us to shreds. I had to bribe one of the men he sent in for cleanup so I’d get medical treatment instead of getting shot then and there. When I crowdfunded my own operation from investors like Glast, the vodquila bottle stole my designs and laughed in my face when I tried to fight it. Then, he comes crawling towards me, asking for my designs, telling me he’ll ‘forget’ my indiscretion if I sell - and suddenly the contracts stop coming. He made me a criminal, then and there.”

*Pause*

Yesha Vos: “And once Ganymede was free, once I had the faintest shred of joy making autoshotguns with Chadam and selling them all over our beautiful new free moon, Anyo and Moyotl funded the invasion of my home, using the Orbs and Raknoids he tests here on poor hill folk and fishermen. And that’s the worst part! I’m not even special to him. All the little ways his operation destroyed me are everyday occurrences. That man’s been responsible for most of the loss in my life. I want him to see how it tastes.”

Vox Solaris: “And you can assure us these won’t get traced to us?”

Yesha Vos: “They’ll get traced to Dziewana. Anyo will hate that. He’ll know someone out there wants him to fail.”

SIF 'Marris' Lever-Action Shotgun

sif__marris__repeater_shotgun_by_fluffyw

A home-built shotgun built by Saturnine rebels and Steel Meridian using spare parts, pipes, and a bicycle. While primitive, the Marris is nonetheless extremely effective.”

Lore

“Won’t let us have own moon, perkele?! Clear and smear these hêk!”
—Onni Barzani, during the Iapetus Ghoul Purge

The old saying goes that beggars can’t be choosers. The Marris is emblematic of that, in a way.

Like most - if not all - Saturnine Independence Front weapons such as the Zagro, the Marris lever-action revolver shotgun is a combination of primitive engineering methods resurrected in post-Collapse times by hardscrabble colonies at the former Orokin frontier… and scavenged components from enemy forces.

This particular Marris was created using a bicycle frame created through generative design on one of Hyperion’s few remaining foundries, along with several pipes and a spare barrel from an inoperable Sobek. It started as, essentially, a giant revolver, built using a bicycle as the frame. It’s a lever-action weapon, using the brake of the bicycle to revolve the cylinder (and thus pull back the hammer).

While few Marris’ shotguns are truly alike, with some even being built from old rifles, there’s one thing they all have in common: it’s a large, extremely heavy revolving shotgun that takes a long time to reload shell-by-shell. Improvements by Steel Meridian savants and SIF gunsmith Amuruq Lanziver have given it a magazine extension that loads two shotgun rounds into the 10 o’clock position of the cylinder, and a gas-powered auto-ejection system at the 2 o’clock position.

This didn’t do the weapon’s already high weight any favors. Many’s the Saturnine Independence Front fighter (Steel Meridian, Siarnaqi, Iapetan, Hyperion, Jarnsaxan, Paaliaqi, Kiviuqi, Enceledan, Draconic, Level Dawn, or otherwise) who’s pined over a light, slim, tube-fed Tenno shotgun like the Corinth, Oryx, Syracuse, Tenebrae, or Terminus - or just something like the Somesha, which is an autoshotgun. A common joke among the SIF from before the Tenno Resurgence goes:

“What’s the best way to hold a Marris? Give it to someone else and pick up some Grineer surplus.”

Still. It’s a repeating shotgun a few steps above a break-open pipe gun. And, unlike the SIF ‘Brotsjor’ EMP shotgun, it has far better anti armor capacity and rage, and it can be easily repaired in the field. It’s not all bad.

It’s built to use captured Sobek ammunition - however, the vast majority of its shells are Steel Meridian-built ‘frak’ shells that overpenetrate enemies. Its status capacity is, not to put too fine a point on it, extreme.

Using an onboard foundry, the Marris can switch to Bolo rounds - which fire the buckshot in a horizontal line, connected by wire. These have less overall damage than buckshot mode, but they have longer range and status duration, fire horizontally and cause guaranteed impact procs or knockback on hits. They’re a great option to knock out troublesome enemies - or break shields.

The Marris was a common sight during the Liberation of Iapetus. Even now, it’s a common sight among Iapetan homesteaders and herders, typically used to kill Grineer ghouls seeded in the moon by Vay Hek.

STATS

Shared
Ammo type: Shotgun
Magazine: 8

Reload: 3.8s
        (0.4 per shell, 0.6s to start and end reload)

Fire Rate: 3

NOTE: Unlike the Strun, the reload is much easier to interrupt - and requires more time to set up. Loading individual shells on this takes more time than the Strun Wraith
Buckshot
Damage: 350

90 Impact
160 Puncture
100 Slash

Pellets: 5
Critical Chance: 16%
Critical Damage: 2.1x
Punch-Through: 0.4m

Bolo
Damage: 225
145 Impact
80 Slash
Critical Chance: 18%
Critical Damage: 2.0x

Artist Notes:

Might as well say it: Yes, it's a bigun from Metro. I just really wanted to draw the Bigun from metro but using a bicycle frame made through generative design - and then I was like "hey, what has lots of generative design? WARFRAME!"

On a silly note: The SIF is descended from colonists that are primarily or Scandinavian, Inuit, Finnish, and Kurdish descent. I didn’t plan for them to be Kurdish, but “Zagro” is a Kurdish weapon name, so I just rolled with it.

Why am I telling you this? Because “hêk” means ‘egg’ in Kurdish, and Vay Hek made the ghouls.

No, that’s not a typo, the status really is that high. As compared to the Strun Wraith, the Marris has better status chance in that every shot can go over 100%… but the Strun Wraith just crits better, has more pellets, and has better riven disposition, to the point that a good Hexacron riven can make it viable with Hunter Munitions.

Yes, I have a Strun Wraith that had both 100% status and hunter munitions before the Status Rework. I still have that same Strun Wraith, which has crit chance to rival my Corinth now.  

Sidenote, since I mentioned the Somesha and Tenebrae earlier, …If there’s absolutely any guns from my thread I could put into the game, it would be the Naga, Depezador Prime, Estampida, Hiro, Bruin, Avakan, Euston, Zagro, Neophytou, Tenebrae, Poyang, and Somesha. 

I wonder what it says that most of this is Tenno.  I may have a problem. 

If there was just one, it’d be the Somesha. God, I love autoshotguns. I wonder what it says, though, that only two things I listed weren’t Tenno.

Edited by (XBOX)Fluffywolf36
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Using an onboard foundry, the Marris can switch to Bolo rounds - which fire the buckshot in a horizontal line, connected by wire. These have less overall damage than buckshot mode, but they have longer range and status duration, fire horizontally and cause guaranteed impact procs or knockback on hits. They’re a great option to knock out troublesome enemies - or break shields.

I'm a sucker for inventive secondary firing modes, and it's curious that there doesn't seem to be any bola in-game yet. The weapon looks well-balanced, but more importantly, it looks awesome, and has a cool mechanic behind it. I can see myself switching modes with this shotgun on the fly when a tough enemy shows up, and that sort of niche sounds like a lot of fun to try in-game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Teridax68 said:

I'm a sucker for inventive secondary firing modes.

You'll probably like a lot of the thread in that case =D

it's curious that there doesn't seem to be any bola in-game yet.

Best guess is that DE just doesn't know how it could translate to the game. Which is a shame - a weapon that tangles people up, knocks them down, and otherwise immobilizes would have a lot of utility in this game, especially since DE spent a lot of time having a bit of a love affair with status-immune enemies.

There's another bolas gun I made here, but it's more like the Deadspace 3 bolas gun - which is basically just the Line Gun

but more importantly, it looks awesome

Thanks so much! This one was... pretty challenging to color. The shape of the bicycle frame was very difficult.

I can see myself switching modes with this shotgun on the fly when a tough enemy shows up, and that sort of niche sounds like a lot of fun to try in-game.

I always aspire to make people think "This would be fun to use."

I'm glad it worked! What's funny is that the fire mode was sort of an afterthought - I've made a bunch of shotguns with some sort of slug mode or explosive mode (and one incendiary grenade) a lot, and bolo shotgun rounds were the only thing I could think of that I hadn't done yet.

2ballchain.jpg

This is actually the second time this happened.

Also, this is the revolver that inspired the gas ejection! Its name is Maurice.

Edited by (XB1)Fluffywolf36
  • Like 2

BUFFS:

1. The Naga's headshot multiplier now has +8% when unscoped. This is to keep the Depezador from outstripping it too greatly on the first or even second shot, to encourage a bit more precision, and not make unscoped firing feel useless.

If you're wondering, "Naga" was always a multilayered pun/reference - it's a reference to 1), the number of heads that the mythical Naga snakes have, 2) the Nagant revolver, and 3) Colt revolvers and their tendency to be named after snakes.

tenno__naga__hunting_revolver_by_haruaxe

On 2017-10-02 at 11:41 AM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

tenno__proxima__grenade_launcher_by_haru

"Proxima" grenade launcher:

"This Tenno grenade launcher has two firing modes - sticky proximity mines, and bouncing grenades that detonate upon rolling to a compete stop or within a certain radius of an enemy. It does blast damage and slash damage, with very high status chance."

Shamelessly inspired by the Sheng Long grenade launcher from Shadow Warrior.

STATS

Noise: SIlent
Fire Rate: 2.6s
Magazine: 6

Reload Speed: 3.0s
Damage: 330
150 Blast
120 Slash
60 Impact
Critical Chance: 35%
Critical Multiplier: 2.6x
Status Chance: 20%

Blast Radius: 4.0m

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KaffeRausch said:

Your Revolver Concept would be more fun for me than the new pistol or the gunblade.

Which one? If we're counting the Proxima and Marris, I have... eight. 😛 (The cascabel doesn't count, as it does not revolve and it is just an angry tube with trypophobia. Or depending on how you look at it, just several tubes. Or a beehive round on a stick.)

I assume you mean the Naga. Did you remember that it's silenced, too? This is inspired by the Nagant.

image-98-660x326.jpeg

4 hours ago, KaffeRausch said:

Said the Naga.
And yes you have already written that the Naga becomes quiet when you fire more slowly.

Ah okay - it's... just that there's a lot to go through here and I don't know how much you would've seen by now. My bad on that one. EDIT: Also wow, the new gunblade is not being well-received. Eish.

It's funny, too - the longer I thought about the Naga, the more perfect it felt as a Tenno silenced pistol.

EDIT ALSO: I'm glad you like the Naga. I like all the revolvers here, but.... there's always been something about the Naga that just felt... perfect.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

thanks, dood. One of them involves pirates, the other one is so mysterious that even don't have all the answers.

Take the chance and make a big Zarr( arch gun ) that has a "more pounder" type of reload. Something like this gun always fires the entire magazine and reloads one pellet at a time . Primary fire - fires a big cannon ball (size and blast radius scales with ammo used ). Secondary Fire - fires flack ( inate multshot scales with with ammo used ) 

2 hours ago, keikogi said:

Take the chance and make a big Zarr( arch gun ) that has a "more pounder" type of reload. Something like this gun always fires the entire magazine and reloads one pellet at a time

...S#&$, that's a great idea.

"The Balisk Cannon was a common sight in the earliest days of Grineer unification, arming both ships and Breekorr Grineer. But it quickly became less common as cheaper, simpler designs were phased in, and the machines capable of fabricating it developed more and more flaws."

That said, it's not actually that kind of pirate. Less of that, more... Somalian. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

The Balisk Cannon was a common sight in the earliest days of Grineer unification, arming both ships and Breekorr Grineer. But it quickly became less common as cheaper, simpler designs were phased in, and the machines capable of fabricating it developed more and more flaws."

I knew it would fit well for a grineer desing. Really simple ballistic weapon. I really like the touch the it rare now days due to production difficulties. I like to imagine the barrel has to be made of high quality materials and that kind of stuff is rare to manufacture these days. 

About pirates I'm kind of surprised that the closest think we have to pirates in warframe are warframes.