Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fluffy's warframe concepts - weapons and enemies! (Newest concept - 𝑻𝒆𝒏𝒏𝒐 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑺𝒉𝒐𝒕𝒈𝒖𝒏!!)

(XBOX)Fluffywolf36

The fact that Warframe hasn't used the word "Cromlech" is such a missed opportunity. If I make an Entrati gun, I'm absolutely gonna use that word.

EDIT: Also, new gun coming later today! The pitch (this word is important) is very time consuming. Plus, I haven't statted it yet.

Edited by (XB1)Fluffywolf36

Corpus 'Vos Mazacor' Maser Pistol

corpus__vos_mazacor__maser_pistol_by_flu

“Anything can be a pistol if you’re brave enough! Vos Heavy Industries Co-Operative spent blood, sweat, tears, and totally legally acquired rare resources to create this hip-holstered microwave cannon.”

Nora Night once called the Origin System an inhuman place that makes human monsters. It’s hard to argue. We The People of the Origin System are beset, chaver. On all sides. From Infested, from Grineer, from pirates, rogue drones, and even from Corpus that call you brother, sister, sibling as they slide the knife through your ribs.

Vos Heavy Industries Cooperative - formerly Vos Armaments - knows this. We know your struggle because we’ve struggled with you. We fought to stay afloat during the panic of ‘09. We lost friends and family to the Eris Infestation, to the Cult of Arlo, the Glassmaker. We’ve suffered Grineer raids. We’ve lived under the thumb of the Board, pressing more by the day. I was born to Solaris conscripts from Himalia, in a Gas City hovel built from shipping containers welded to the side of one of Alad V’s harvesters. I was slated to get modded, but I had the Deadstrand, the Noose, the Blank, the Null, whatever the void you call it. Point is, it made sure my head was staying firmly on this neck. I started from the bottom and the systems the Board keeps in place held me down, but I always moved forward. I bought a ship. And when the Board refused to offer my ship something even half as good as the tech they shipped to Venus, I converted my ship’s workshop to a factory and got to work. 

The Mazacor here is the zenith of those efforts, damned be the consequences. Now, I have an orbital manufacturing station above Ganymede, with the finest tech we could buy. From worker safety to sheer quality, no expense was spared.

We used that equipment to undertake a daunting task: Miniaturizing the Klystron, our flagship product.

Now, since it’s so small, we wouldn’t be able to maintain those levels of output. Not without Orokin tech that we simply can’t work with in any real quantity. What we did was concentrate the beam and then use a different form of radiation derived from Fomorian Cores. So while it doesn’t have quite the area of effect of the Klystron, it’s concentrated into a single tight beam, rather than a cone. When it hits something, the radiation diffuses, spreading out in a wide radius. Enemies, cover, anything. 

With this weapon, you’ll be able to equip a longarm of your choice without being forced to compromise. An assault rifle or marksman weapon for use at long or medium range, explosives, even a sniper rifle. You’ll be able to control crowds with the rate of fire of an SMG and the area of effect of a rocket launcher. It’s at shorter range than either, but everything’s got tradeoffs

When you’re in leaping range of an Infested, you’re gonna want the weapon that takes out as many as possible as quickly as possible. When the Grineer are confiscating your ship, this weapon will turn a doorway into a killbox.

The miniaturization techniques we pioneered with the Mazacor are groundbreaking, soon to be instituted into our new lines of computers, power cells, ships, and weaponry. 

And, if you need a little more range, activate launcher mode! This takes some time to warm up, but due to our new Auto Charge Trigger System, it's incredibly easy. Point, hold it on target, and wait for everything in that area to explode. Sure, it has... some dropoff... so make sure it's held at an angle.

We owe it all to our tireless workers, the independent contractors that helped us legally acquire the resources, our Perrin Sequence investors, and Parvos Granum for making this quantum leap in weapons technology possible. And we owe the people of Ganymede  for making Vos Heavy Industries Cooperative possible.  For sticking with us thick and thin, for leasing us our orbital manufacturing platform, and buying our line of projectile weaponry. For buying our aftermarket salvage. 

Vos Heavy Industries Cooperative, everyone! We’re right there with you. 

STATS

Slot: Secondary
Magazine Size: 90
Reload: 2.5s
Noise Level: Alarming

Primary Fire

Trigger: Continuous

Range: 22m
Fire Rate: 13

Accuracy: 100
Damage: 32
    20 Radiation

12 Puncture
Crit Chance: 16%

Critical Multiplier: 2.2x

Status Chance: 37%
Blast Radius: 2.5m
0.8m enemy punch-through.

Secondary Fire: Energy MIRV
Splits into five "bomblets" with 0.5m blast radius on impact

Non-hitscan
Trigger: Auto Charge

Charge time: 0.4s
Fire Rate: 2.0s
Ammo Consumption: 10
Damage:  220
160 Radiation
60 Heat

Crit Chance: 30%
Critical Multiplier: 2.2x
Status Chance: 17%

NOTES

So here’s the de-lore-ified explanation: It’s basically a secondary version of the Glaxion Vandal. Except the Mazacor has punch-through and causes radial AoE on everything it hits - walls, enemies, objects. With a burstfire altfire! The altfire was sort of an afterthought - originally, I was planning to have something kind of like the Charge Rifle from Apex Legends, but that just felt… broken… on something like this. And the math was too complicated.

I sort of felt like I had to do something, so I added a grenade launcher!

This was inspired by the Pulse SMG from Alyx. The first Vos Armaments gun took heavy inspiration from the Pulse Rifle, so bringing back Vos Armaments to make a smaller, lighter version of that product made perfect sense.

Vos, as always, is a bucket of fun to write. He’s driven by two things - his hilariously blatant corruption, his utter disdain for the system he exploited, and his questionable morals. In this entry, he’s trying to be more ethical - despite his faults. He’s trying to re-pioneer Vos Armaments into a workers cooperative, and trying to branch out into computers and aftermarket salvage. 

However… he also took a grant from Parvos Granum. And all honesty, I think Vos’ attempt at reforming the Corpus has a high chance to fail or backfire.

Edited by (XBOX)Fluffywolf36
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Neo3602 said:

ooh, I'm looking forward to that

I have a better grasp of what the Duviri one will do, but not as much for the Entrati one. All I know about that is that it'll be called the Cromlech, but... not much else. I feel like I don't have a very good grasp on the "feel" of Entrati weaponry. As soon as I get my hands on the Sepulcrum and/or Trumna, I'll probably have a good idea.

Progress on the Cromlech continues. 

Also, that says "toggles," as in Toggle-Lock, not "noggles." The part that says "Iron Grip pistol" is a reference to the pistol from Iron Grip (sure would be nice if I could find video of it firing) that has a bizarre mechanism reminiscent of a toggle lock that looks like a flintlock. It's a mechanism I'm planning on using later, in a machine pistol no less, but it works with the baroque aesthetic of Entrati guns.

There's some fairly heavy inspiration from Jakobs guns and... less than you'd think from Torgue shotguns (specifically the box magazine versions). That's a total coincidence. 

Still not a hundred percent sure what it does, but gas and punch through seem like a safe bet. Not entirely sure what the altfire will be yet.
IMG_0674.jpg?width=1082&height=812

• Like 1

4 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Progress on the Cromlech continues. 

Also, that says "toggles," as in Toggle-Lock, not "noggles." The part that says "Iron Grip pistol" is a reference to the pistol from Iron Grip (sure would be nice if I could find video of it firing) that has a bizarre mechanism reminiscent of a toggle lock that looks like a flintlock. It's a mechanism I'm planning on using later, in a machine pistol no less, but it works with the baroque aesthetic of Entrati guns.

There's some fairly heavy inspiration from Jakobs guns and... less than you'd think from Torgue shotguns (specifically the box magazine versions). That's a total coincidence. 

Still not a hundred percent sure what it does, but gas and punch through seem like a safe bet. Not entirely sure what the altfire will be yet.
IMG_0674.jpg?width=1082&height=812

Really like how all these designs have come together. It's brutal, overtly testosterone driven and using a little bit of that mechanical over designed malarky from HoD. Just what the doctor ordered.

Just now, Teoarrk said:

Really like how all these designs have come together. It's brutal, overtly testosterone driven and using a little bit of that mechanical over designed malarky from HoD. Just what the doctor ordered.

I genuinely do love the HoD aesthetic =D. The Entrati stuff is just so baroque. Warframe has always had a lot of 40k DNA, (They're both direct descendants of Frank Herbert) but it's never been as visible here and I love it. Shy just compared the Sepulcrum (I_NEED_IT.gif) to a storm bolter!

I'm glad you like the progress on the Cromlech! I've spent a lot of time worrying it doesn't Feel™ enough like a shotgun, or if it's not good enough, or it looks too normal.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

I genuinely do love the HoD aesthetic =D. The Entrati stuff is just so baroque. Warframe has always had a lot of 40k DNA, (They're both direct descendants of Frank Herbert) but it's never been as visible here and I love it. Shy just compared the Sepulcrum (I_NEED_IT.gif) to a storm bolter!

I'm glad you like the progress on the Cromlech! I've spent a lot of time worrying it doesn't Feel™ enough like a shotgun, or if it's not good enough, or it looks too normal.

Well The only thing I can suggest, since they now stand in contrast to the rest of the gun is maybe adding weird geometry to the curved surfaces, like making the gun barrels square, or hexagonal, or have some of the same baroque qualities as the magazine, with little welts of metal. The barrels stand out a bit here is what I'm saying. You could also make the barrels longer, but at present the overall design fits nicely into the party stopper sawn off shotgun of the far future™.

13 minutes ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

That's doable! TBH, this was mostly just trying to get the general shape out, I was planning on more entrati stylings. But that.... is a good idea. 

Glad I could help, even if it's just for getting a feel of what works. Good luck with the second draft :).

I've been thinking of more HoD weapons, such as the Cromlech shotgun - and I found this in one of my SLA Industries sourcebooks. Might be a cool model for a pistol later...
EDIT: Yes, this is a bump. I'm not really sure how little time it takes to get a thread locked, but I'm not in a mood to find out.

Infested_gun_idea.png

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

I've been thinking of more HoD weapons, such as the Cromlech shotgun - and I found this in one of my SLA Industries sourcebooks. Might be a cool model for a pistol later...
EDIT: Yes, this is a bump. I'm not really sure how little time it takes to get a thread locked, but I'm not in a mood to find out.

Infested_gun_idea.png

Could make a beat infested or greneer gun. 

About time to geet locked, well not the faintest clue, seems like i varies with thread size. 

Been slow going on the Duviri gun lately - the Trumna and Sepulcrum grind is REAL, yo. Also, I've been trying to get a new level 63 Seventh Sense in Borderlands 3, which means redoing the entirety of Guns Love And Tentacles. And playing Apex.

In the meantime, here's some stuff I've been doodling.

1. An Infested flintlock! I'm thinking it's basically an Infested Euphona, made by Son in an attempt to connect with his father.

2. A... Seer shotgun? Not really sure what it does yet. All I know is the magazine is above the tube, and it's probably made by Vor. Time was, that'd be enough for me to post a concept, but.. my standards have raised. A lot. One dood suggested it as a slug shotgun, and I'm interested.

IMG_8937.JPG?width=1920&height=792

• Like 1

Note: Have changed the Naga's (unscoped) headshot multiplier from 2.08x to 2.1x, in preparation for an upcoming pistol. I was hoping to have the Duviri gun out, but for some reason... no sparks. It's been very slow going, and I've been kinda out of it. 

If it takes too long, I'll just post that new pistol soon.

• Like 1

Keep in mind that despite your slump, you have an amazing creative capacity. I just read your Ganymede worldbuilding and not going to lie, it was on a higher level than what we've seen so far from open worlds. Don't lose heart. We'll root you on from the other side of the screen!

Edited by Teoarrk