The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Add Reactor And Catalyst To Drops

dragonslayer667

so been waiting 2 weeks for a reactor to show up as an alert and it happens while im at work.  this just sux. catalysts are just as bad. waiting 2 weeks to power 1 item is horrible.(figures i join after april when they were droppig every 3-4 days)

these are some of the last items to not be obtainable somehow by playing the game.

makes most sense to add them to void missions. then just need to find somewhere to add the helmet and weapon skins as drops.

Edited by dragonslayer667

so been waiting 2 weeks for a reactor to show up as an alert and it happens while im at work.  this just sux. catalysts are just as bad. waiting 2 weeks to power 1 item is horrible.(figures i join after april when they were droppig every 3-4 days)

these are some of the last items to not be obtainable somehow by playing the game.

makes most sense to add them to void missions. then just need to find somewhere to add the helmet and weapon skins as drops.

+1

The stuff I miss while at work vs the alerts available when I get home show a very big disparity in content...

Well if you work anyways, why not drop a fiver on the game (after getting a 50% discount coupon, of course) and buy them?

Valid point.

Only problem is when you drop so many fivers that you've already paid full retail for a beta game <_< I still think a lot of these prices need a bit of rethinking.

They're too high to be impulse buys, and too low in value to be a good investment. 

well...alerts dont follow our daily routine...they are RNG based for a reason. its not made to suit you only, but to people who are currently online during the time frame that the alerts on. if you are busy at work or not online and such, its tough luck. if we miss it...we miss it. no use complaining. people who arent online when we are, dont get the alerts that we get. no point complaining as the RNG is made to benefit everyone who is online during the time period...not to benefit everyone from all timezone. if we miss it, then we just have to wait for it to pop up again during our time zone.

Why not build a separate alert system to always drop either potato once every 6 hours or so. They would be infrequent enough to still have buying them in the market still be the "better" choice, but frequent enough that someone could still get by without paying if it's a tough month/week/year for them?

How does that sound?

Edit: If every 6/12 hours is too often, how about one 6hr alert once a day that has either a reactor or a catalyst. That is often enough that it's possible to get frequently, but not too often.

Edited by Aizeol

Valid point.

Only problem is when you drop so many fivers that you've already paid full retail for a beta game <_< I still think a lot of these prices need a bit of rethinking.

They're too high to be impulse buys, and too low in value to be a good investment. 

that right there is my whole thinking a free to play game shouldnt make you feel under powered if you dont keep pumping money into it

NO as random drop, but blueprints could be option as reward for wave 30 ( maybe higher ) on Xini etc.

ya i didnt mean as a random drop i meant as a void reward or something like forma are bp or item.

probably with a lesser chance.

Edited by dragonslayer667

The idea that being dropped in round defense missions 25-40, is the best in my opinion.
They have to think that many of the people who play Warframe are minors, and the only means of payment is by credit card, if you like, have thought that for a child or teenager of 17 years is impossible to explain to their parents who need money to buy a reactor orokin?
I have bought platinum and as a person who "pays" its benefits in the game. I can say it was right for the Reactor / Catalyst orokin is dropearan to make it more fair ..
But then, what with the difficulty you deserve.