Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mod Colours (White, Green, Blue, others?)

KiloFoxx

all the various mods i pick up have different colours, White, Green, and Blue so far. there may be more, IDK. but what do the different colours mean? there dosn't seem to be much consistnesy among them.

my friend speculates it may deal with rarity a-la Borderlands, but i'm not so sure.

It is in fact rarity, but the level itself determines more if it is something that you want to use. You can have a level 10 white that is better than say a 5 blue or something like that. Personally I pay more attention to the level requirement to use the mod.

I don't know if it has anything to do with rarity. In the case of weapon mods, white are usually lower quality than green. For example a level 30 white damage mod would be around 15% bonus but a level 30 green damage mod would be around 25% bonus. Blue mods are sometimes even better, or feature two different bonuses.

In the case of warframe mods, white is restricted to low quality +health, +shield, and loot radar. Green is for more interesting or better quality warframe mods, and blue for better still or double bonus.

It's supposed to be like this. White mods are useless, weak, etc. Green mods are generally good, but blue mods are considered better because they can spawn mods that greens can't, like fire damage, power efficiency or multishot. Also, they can have more than one modifier, so you can have fire damage and armor piercing damage, or stun chance and multishot. I don't think blue mods currently have inherently higher stats than greens, but they can have more variety than green ones, that's for sure.