Suggestion To Give Gauntlets Some Love

Aspari

Kogake pretty much bowled over the two Gauntlet weapons with its attack animations. So, why not reinvent Gauntlets?

Step 1: Charge animation should result in the Tenno grounding themselves before launching themselves towards the enemy with a vicious punch (think Asura's Wrath type of punch).

Step 2: Change the standard attack for the Gauntlets so that they don't have trouble hitting crates anymore. Also make the attacks more violent i.e. Asura's Wrath.

I only reference Asura's Wrath because those are the most satisfying punches in gaming history.

only thing i want is for them to fix the damaging mechanic of jump attacking the enemies you ragdoll with kogake and for them to change its ground attack to a axe kick or some spine cracking stomp. also i rly rly wish you could friggen change the energy colors on the furax because you can on kogake and ankyros and the furax just has this color scheme destroying blue that i can't change.

They could update the existing gloves' attack animations to better suit a game where you're taking on large groups of enemies at a time. Powerful sweeping strikes that smashes multiple enemies at a time instead of strangely out-of-place boxing punches. Heck, the charge attack could be a short version of the Hundred Cracks Fist. Also, less forced forward movement, it's too easy to clip through enemies and it makes melee awkward.

Edited by Pekku

For me, the gauntlet weapons and hand to hand combat should use a completely different system to the standard normal attack or charge attack format. Ninjas used martial arts, lots of counter attacks and throws in thier combat, this is definatley something the could explore.

Perhaps when equiping the hand to hand weapons (kogake, Anykros and Furax) the combat system could change to be very CQC (close quarters combat). We could have a punch button and a kick button, allowing for combinations and giving the player a reward for mastering more difficult moves - with super powerful combos which cause devastation truely befitting a tenno.

There is also the potential to give the long forgetten and unloved block button some much needed TLC. With a new CQC system, using the block as a counter-attack button, we could see a whole new way of playing the game emerge. Being able to counter melee attacks which come from enemies and dishing out high damage moves would allow a more fluid and also arguably realistic combat experience (also a lot of fun!). Adding depth to an otherwsie boring melee system which is pretty one dimentional at the moment. We could see players devoting themselves to a much more melee focused playstyle, where suprise attacks and stealth win out against just running and shooting anything and everything you see. A more refined and skilled playstyle if you will.

Just my idea of what the melee combat system COULD potentially be =P.