Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kavat 101 -A Full Breeding Guide

morningstar999

Question

s4NsSZ.png

Kavats 101 - A Full Breeding Guide!

Kavats are a wonderful and beloved companion to your warframe! And whilst they do not have rare traits to breed like kubrow there are several head and tail types to choose, along with energy colours!

This guide will give you full details on how to obtain a Kavat, how to breed them, what types you can obtain and how to identify all the head and tail types. There is also a handy price guide at the end.

Kavat DNA -How and Where to find it!

Spoiler

In order make a Kavat you first need to get a ‘Kavat Incubator Upgrade Segment’ for your Incubator. You can buy it for 175 platinum in the market or if you are in a Clan you can research it in the Dojo and buy it in the ‘Tenno Lab’. It costs 15,000 credits to buy the blueprint and then the following to build: 100,000 credits / 1 argon / 10 kavat codes / 120,000 alloy plate.

The blueprint also drops from Hyekka masters.

spBbJB.jpg

Once you have the upgrade you then need a set of 10 DNA Codes. You can buy Codes in the Warframe Market for 5 platinum each (so 50 platinum total) or you can obtain them from scanning wild Kavats, which can only be found in the Orokin Derelict. There is a 15% chance you will get a DNA Code every time you scan a Kavat. Occasionally there is also Alerts that will Reward you with 5 DNA Codes.

Tips and Tricks to get Codes faster:

• Bring any Frame that can slow the Wild Kavats to make them easier to scan (such as a Slow Nova or using ‘Disarm’ on Loki)

• Use the Synoid Helicore melee, which will Scan anything it kills

• Be sure to get the upgrades for your Scanners (at Cephalon Simaris) - especially the upgrade that gives you a chance for a double scan and the one that makes scanning faster - the Wild Kavats can move pretty fast.

• Play the missions solo, or go in a group with the goal of Scanning Kavats - randoms on public will kill them before you can Scan them.

• Personally I find Captures and Exterminates the fastest way to find Kavats, there are generally 4-8 Kavats in each mission.

• If you already have a Smeeta Kavat, you can sometimes get double DNA from its ‘Charm’ (see Types section for more info) but you need to make sure your Kavat isn’t going to kill the Wild Kavats before you can Scan it.

• Don't bring a Companion or Sentinel with a Weapon if you think it is able to ‘one shot’ or quickly kill things.

Once you have your 10 DNA Codes you need a 'Power Core' in order to get one you can either buy one for 35 platinum in the market or buy a reusable Blueprint for 50,000 credits. Building a Power Core takes 8 hours (unless you rush it) it also needs; 1 Argon Crystal, 2 Control Modules, 4,500 Nano Spores and 100,000 credits.     

Incubation takes two days, your kitten will then be ready to be named. Once named your Kavat will be able to roam around your ship and may be kept as a kitten forever if you desire, however it can't go on Missions and you can't take Imprints until it is grown up. To Mature a Kavat you simply click 'Mature (Kavat’s Name)' at the Incubator. Adult Kavats also roam around the ship but you can only have one Kavat or Kubrow out at a time.                                

I highly recommend getting the upgrade segment from a dojo for you incubator. This not only makes incubation take a day (instead of two) and it will put your pet into stasis should it get low on health (so it doesn't die). It also makes stasis recovery half an hour, which you can then rush for only 10k credits.     

Euggs2.jpg

If you click 'Random Incubation' it is just that -you will get a completely random Kavat! That means its breed type (eg Smeeta or Adraza) will be random, what colours, head and tail you will get will be completely down to RNG.               

If you click 'Begin Combined Incubation' you will need two imprints of any Kavat you wish, you can either pick two from the same kavat or two different ones to try and combine things like colours or get a more desirable head and tail combination etc.                                 

Genetic Code Templates --Imprints:

You can take imprints from an adult Kavat, this makes a 'copy' of that Kavat, retaining the colours, pattern, head and tail type on the print. Gender is not carried on the imprints and is random every time you breed.

As stated before you can use these prints to breed a new Kavat. In order to take a print you must build a template, which is done by a reusable blueprint found in the market. Once the template is built you can then take a print from any active adult Kavat you have. You can only take two prints from one Kavat.                                

2) Caring for your Kavat!

Spoiler

Kavats like Kubrows lose 10% of their 'genetic stability' a day aka health -only 5% if you have the incubator upgrade. if a companion hits -100% health it dies!

In order to keep it healthy you need to give it DNA stabilizers, these can be brought at 6 to a pack for 75,000 credits. one 'dose' restores 40% of its health.                     

If your Kavat falls during battle (and 'dies') it will return back to your ship, however it will affect its loyalty, which in turn affects how much damage a Kavat does. Petting your Kavat will restore this, but only has effect up to three times a day.

If a Kavat is in stasis it will not lose health and having the upgraded segment means your Kavat will automatically go into stasis if it is low on health so it doesn’t die.

ZvPvVK.jpg

3) Types of Kavats!

Spoiler

dSV5Vg.jpg

There was currently only two types of Kavat, Smeeta and Adraza, both have different abilities.

Smeeta - “This sly feline is playful yet devious.” -Smeeta has two main abilities:

charm -Smeeta Kavat bestows its owner with good fortune during the course of a mission. ( charm can do a few things -give you double resources of anything you pick up whilst its active, buff shields and more)

Mischief -Allows Smeeta Kavat to become invisible while a decoy kavat draws fire by running toward the enemy.

Adraza - “Piercing eyes reflect deadly instincts.” -Adraza has two main abilities:

Cat’s eye -Adarza Kavat grants increased critical chance to all nearby Tenno for a short duration.

Reflect -Adarza Kavat will occasionally reflect and amplify damage back to an enemy.

4) Heads and Tails! Identifying them!

Spoiler

There is currently four head types and five tail types available! No head or tail is more rare than any other so every type has an equal chance of occurring when randomly breeding.

Although there is no rarity some head types and tail types are more popular than others. Below is an example of each head and tail type. I have arranged them in order of general popularity (or rather what I have found after breeding and selling over 60 Kavats)

There are no official names for each head and tail type however I have labeled them under the most commonly used names for each type.

HEADS!

Big Tuffed Ears: (A head with long ears and tuffs of fur on the top of them)

R5NqHe.png

Big Balled Ears: (A head with long ears but with ball like bits on the top)

TkVVaF.png

Fennec Fox: (A head with short wide ears)

4WcQvm.png

Persian: (A squashed, squat head with floppy ears and tuffs of fur on each sides of the face)

b4SEvE.png

TAILS!

Leaf Tail: (Along leaf shaped tail, which doesn’t use the Kavat’s energy colour)

SpUQ2v.png

Arrow Tail: (A tail with five arrow shaped spikes, the tips glow with the Kavat’s energy colour)

OhEB0j.png

Peacock Tail: (A tail with a peacock like appearance, with the ‘eyes’ glowing with the Kavat’s energy colour)

mtc5RZ.png

Guppy Tail (Also known as Betta Tail -A long fish like tail, with spots that glow with the Kavat’s energy colour)

ArAhGV.png

Mermaid Tail: (Also known as a Fan Tail -A short wide tail which glows with the Kavat’s energy colour on the bottom)

eet6iN.png

5) Colours, Patterns and Armour!

Spoiler

No colour is rare for a kavat as every colour that can be bred on a Kavat, can be brought from the warframe market! Each colour also has an equal chance of being produced when making a random Kavat.

This means that colour isn’t as important as getting a desired head/tail combination but Kavats with a nice natural colour harmony tend to be more desired and saleable.

Kavats have four colour slots, which can be identified by looking at the following picture. -There is currently only one type of pattern that can be produced via breeding. (Hythinth pattern)

fI2TnH.jpg

Although there is no rare colours a 100% solid natural coloured Kavat could be considered rare. (so a completely red Kavat or an all yellow one), especially if the energy colour matched.

Due to the wide range of colours available this is harder to breed and a less common occurrence, I have only ever seen one or two full colour Kavats about, and they are generally sought after.

You can buy all the colours you can breed on the market, so you can colour your Kavat any way you wish (though this won't be carried onto prints, only its natural colours will be) There is also several different patterns you can buy on the market to decorate your Kavat with.

XdFE1p.png

Eye and Energy colours!

Energy colour is the only thing you can not change on your Kavat. No energy colour is rare but some tend to be more popular than others.

Below is an example of each energy colour available. Sometimes the colours on the Kavat can affect what the colour looks like, if you want to be sure, set the Kavat’s fur colour to all white or black for the best results.

Alternatively if you have the 'ki'teer sekhara' emblem or the 'Sevati Sekhara' emblem, attaching them to your Kavat means they will use the energy colour of your Kavat making it easy to see what energy colour they have.(You attach them under 'Appearance' and 'Regalia' section)

You could also take it into a mission an use a mod like 'scene danger' on your Kavat, which will cause enemies to glow with your Kavats energy colour.

Blue, Green and Orange tend to be the most popular. Sadly there is no ‘red’ energy.

CblGWW.png

Update: there is a Iilac energy, I just need to add a example of it here. 

Please note that the eye colour chart on the Warframe wiki is currently incorrect.

Lilic doesn’t exist. The closest we have is a pinky white, which can be affected by the Kavat’s coat colours and general lighting. (feel free to message me and prove me wrong -I would love to see a true Lilic energy Kavat.)

Amour:

There is various types of armour you can buy in the Warframe Market to decorate your Kavat with. These are purely cosmetic and don’t effect your kavat in anyway.

Kuva Armour:

FoOF10.png

Hyekka skin! If you've ever wanted a ugly Gineer Kavat you can also buy the Hyekka Kavat skin which also changes the shape and build of your Kavat to make it look like one. (again this isn’t carried on imprints and is purely cosmetic)

WoQo55.png

6) Selling Imprints! What Are they Worth?!

Spoiler

Things to remember before buying or selling:

• ALL COLOURS can be found and brought on the marketplace so there is no rare ‘natural only’ coloration.

• The HEADS and TAILS all have an % chance of being produced. Same goes for energy colours.

• Smeeta and Adaraza have an equal chance of occurring.

• Gender is the only thing that isn’t carried over in prints but there is no visual differences between male and female Kavats.

• Hythinth Pattern is the only naturally occurring pattern.  

This means that all Kavats will have about the same value, it just depends how much you are willing to pay for a particular head/tail combination you want.

You may sell your kavat for as much or as little as you like! This guide is here just to help you get a rough idea of current prices that I have seen most Kavats for sale at.

Generally I have found Kavats to sell for the following sort of prices, though in the trade chat you can rarely get hidden gems for as low as 20-40p a set of prints.

Big Eared Kavats with either Leaf, Peacock, Guppy or Arrow tail:  60-150p

Big Eared Kavats with mermaid tail: 40-80p

Persian faced Kavats (any tail): 20-50p

Fennec Fox faced Kavats (any tail): 30-80p

--Mermaid (short tails) seem the least popular along with the Persian face.

A full same coloured Kavat (so sold yellow or red etc) will probably sell for 200-500p depending on the colour, (a full grey one wouldn’t be very popular, but a full bright blue one or yellow one would be for example, especially if it has a desired head/tail combo and matching energy colour) Triple coloured Kavats also tend to be a bit more popular and would probably be worth higher than the average Kavat (so 120-200p)

Want to talk more about Kavats? Come and join the kavat breeders society on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1042633549149290/

Our Kubrow fb page:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/321512584651651/

Alternatively join the kubrow and kavat breeders on discord:

https://discord.gg/w8uH4mF

Please also check the Full Kubrow Breeding Guide:

Edited by morningstar999
  • Like 1

On 12/27/2017 at 8:36 PM, MrMroczneMleczko said:

How much would cost an smeeta kavat, that's grey white and dark purple with black energy big eared kavats (the first one that you mentioned) and leaf tail?? i dont know if its worth selling imprints or just making second one

you dont get black energy with kavats :/ 

but leaftail/big ears 80-140p probably

On 10/10/2017 at 9:03 AM, vvhorus said:

For scanning Kavats (or anything, really), I'm using Helios with the Investigator mod. It scans objects/enemies within a 50 meter radius of its line of sight (maxed out mod). But be prepared to spend a lot of scans, though. I usually buy around 100 scans (25 scans for 500 credits in the market) before entering a mission...

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Investigator

latest?cb=20171008162227

actually, Helios only works until the codex is complete for Kavats, then it will no longer scan them, thus the best thing to use is the Heliocor Hammer or say... Excalibur's Radial Blind or something that can stun for low damage and then use a max widget'ed Synthesis Scanner to scan the Kavats (fun fact: even if invisible due to radial blind stunning them, you can still scan them as if they were visible.)

2 minutes ago, KurokiKazeFFU said:

actually, Helios only works until the codex is complete for Kavats, then it will no longer scan them, thus the best thing to use is the Heliocor Hammer or say... Excalibur's Radial Blind or something that can stun for low damage and then use a max widget'ed Synthesis Scanner to scan the Kavats (fun fact: even if invisible due to radial blind stunning them, you can still scan them as if they were visible.)

Can also just freeze them with stasis but that requires people owning Limbo.

does baby kavats have different colour from their adult?

cause i was breeding a kavat yesterday with 2 identical imprints which has a full colour (dark blueish)

but today i saw that the baby kavat has a red belly instead of the full dark blueish colour??

thanks ~

I posted somewhere else in the forum, but would you mind helping me identify the energy color of my kavat? I can't tell if its white or pinkish-white.

Black & In Stasis
D3C9FFI.png?1

Casting Enemy Sense
D4jBhXq.png

I'm thinking the energy looks pinksh because its transparent over the grinder colors, but I'm not sure.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by FlowCtrl

5 hours ago, FlowCtrl said:

I posted somewhere else in the forum, but would you mind helping me identify the energy color of my kavat? I can't tell if its white or pinkish-white.

Black & In Stasis
D3C9FFI.png?1

Casting Enemy Sense
D4jBhXq.png

I'm thinking the energy looks pinksh because its transparent over the grinder colors, but I'm not sure.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

its pinkish-white! 

5 hours ago, morningstar999 said:

its pinkish-white! 

Aha! Since I didn't have the regalia that shows energy color, I just found the ugly-furless skin to reflect the eye/energy color. (Though I'll need a larger sample-set to confirm)

kJ1ZyI9.png?1

On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 10:50 PM, morningstar999 said:

Kavats like Kubrows lose 10% of their 'genetic stability' a day aka health -only 5% if you have the incubator upgrade. if a companion hits -100% health it dies!

In order to keep it healthy you need to give it DNA stabilizers, these can be brought at 6 to a pack for 75,000 credits. one 'dose' restores 40% of its health.                     

If your Kavat falls during battle (and 'dies') it will return back to your ship, however it will affect its loyalty, which in turn affects how much damage a Kavat does. Petting your Kavat will restore this, but only has effect up to three times a day.

If a Kavat is in stasis it will not lose health and having the upgraded segment means your Kavat will automatically go into stasis if it is low on health so it doesn’t die.

When was the last time you revised your kavat 101 guide.

1. the shrine of the eidolon update made it so that all standard incubators work just like a nutrio incubator (5% decay ratio & auto-stasis when DNA is at 5%) & upgrading to a nutrio incubator drastically reduces the cost of DNA stabilizers from 75,000 down to 5,000.
  2. Kavats are the only creatures in the world of warframe who's loyalty does not degrade upon death or over time. (in other words: infinite head scratches.)

On 3/9/2018 at 3:22 AM, (XB1)Skullstachio said:

When was the last time you revised your kavat 101 guide.

1. the shrine of the eidolon update made it so that all standard incubators work just like a nutrio incubator (5% decay ratio & auto-stasis when DNA is at 5%) & upgrading to a nutrio incubator drastically reduces the cost of DNA stabilizers from 75,000 down to 5,000.
  2. Kavats are the only creatures in the world of warframe who's loyalty does not degrade upon death or over time. (in other words: infinite head scratches.)

thanks for pointing that out, ill get round to changing that, this was made a good while before the eidolon and Ive not really changed it since. XD