Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #98!

[DE]Rebecca

1. Regarding Focus, is the progress we already have going to be affected by any change applied to the Operator's mechanics as result of the implementation of PoE? Are we going to receive any benefit from the effort we already applied?.

2. During the PAX West interview with PC Gamer comments were made regarding the Operator becoming a "Warrior", apparently this is going to be a choice (?) for the player after completing the Second Dream Quest; How is this going to be implemented for those of us who already completed the Quest? What becoming a "Warrior" actually implies? Weapons? Cosmetics?

3. Are the Eidolon truly the Sentients-Self or are more like proxies (Since Eidolon is the greek word for idol I've always assumed that the Eidolons are not the Sentients, but comments are somehow misleading on this regard).

4. During the implementation of PoE are we going to have implementations to other core mechanics of the game related to the PoE game style (i.e. guns mechanics particularly sniper, ambush tactics, camouflage -different from invisibility-;  Can we take our companions into PoE?; Warframe ability limitations, specifically those that have AOE and DOT like Ember's WoF, Trinity's Blessing *imagine that my teammate is hundred meters far from me because of our dumb strategy :] *; how high you can go with your Archwing? Are new Archwing specifically anti-Eidolon going to be implemented?).

5. Are we going to know more about the history and transition of Natah to Lotus? Maybe some tokens scattered around the PoE? =D

6. Whatever you can share with us about Opal (a.k.a. glass frame lul)

Edited by RubenRosas

Hey DE[DevTeam],

With the deployment of Plains of Eidolon, will there be any new Archwing frames, weapons, primes, mods, swag, etc.?  Understanding that PoE will obviously be awesome for Archwing, it would be equally great to have more choices/variety.  

Also, now that Archwing will be utilized far greater than it currently is, are there any plans to change/improve the movement mechanics?  Some Archwings are almost too slow/sluggish and others seem too fast/uncontrollable.

Additionally, when in an Archwing mission, finding a storage container is (for me) like having an exorcism!  They show up in the HUD minimap just fine, but the Codex/Synthesis scanner is SOOOO short range, I usually get dizzy trying to find exactly where it is in the x/y/z axis!!  Perhaps a 3D minimap with a Z axis?

Thank you for your time! 

Edited by (XB1)ChewyAM
too many 'is's...

PoE Questions:

1. PoE when?
  2. More archwings when?
  3. Archwing fashionframe when?
  4. Tenno hover bikes when?
  5. Sentient arm gun when?
  6. Sentient transporter when?
  7. Archwing secondaries when?
  8. Archwing melee stances when?
  9. Prime fishing rod when?
  10. Bird companion when (we need one for Pirate-Tentacle Prime)?

Questions from previous devstream topic:

Hi! My questions below:

1. When will you make Tonkor great again? Or at least when will you release Prisma Wraith AkTonkor Vandal Prime?
  2. Friendly fire when? Radiation from sorties isn't enough.
  3. When will you nerf other "cheesy" frames, focuses and guns (looking at you Inaros, Naramon and Tigris series)?
  4. Tonkor's grenades exploding on impact with enemies when?
  5. Tonkor's grenades bounciness revert when?
  6. Very BIG indicator where the grenades are when?
  7. No more holding fire to aim with Tonkor when?

Some serious questions:

1. Sentient invasions when?
  2. Invasion outcome actually changing node's faction when?
  3. Baro when?
  4. Umbra when?
  5. Earth remaster when?
  6. Pablo appearance during devstream when?
  7. Clan nemesis system when?
  8. Better loot from higher lvl enemies when?
  9. Not ridiculous armour and HP scaling of our enemies when?
  10. Operator interacting with pets when?
  11. Focus changes when?
  12. Tenno grenade launcher when?
  13. Tenno shotgun when?
  14. Kuva boss when?
  15. Orokin derelict matchmaking when?
  16. Excavation extractor HP and shield lvl scaling when?
  17. Stances for primary weapons when? You know you want it :D
  18. More mandachord sound packs when?
  19. Silva & Aegis buff when?
  20. Tonkor 6 meter indicator when?
  21. Operative not being stupid when (e.g. going into toxin in sortie kuva defense)? Hey you fixed that before Devstream, not fair!
  22. Mutagen Sample drop from infested mission nodes when?
  23. Mutagen Sample drop chance equal to that of Fieldron Sample or Detonite Ampule when?
  24. Lore events (like mutation of Salad V) incorporated into quest system when?
  25. Shield-gating when?
  26. Flying through space with our orbiter when?
  27. TennoGen items for plat when?
  28. Wraith weapons/appearance colouring when?
  29. Different defense missions when? For example use the "defending the colony" type of mission for some of the Corpus dark sector nodes.
  30. Boss taunting us through out planet's nodes when? I really loved when sometimes Zombie Salad V appeared in exterminate on Eris (and yet you fixed it).
  31. Lotus talking about boss during missions when?
  32. Radio chatter being significant when? It needs so much love.
  33. Ordis quest when?
  34. John Prodman quest when?
  35. Zephyr Deluxe Skin when?
  36. Orbiter's door opposite to infested door opening when?
  37. Second Clem quest when? Also waiting for "The Clem Within" quest.
  38. Phorid rework when?
  39. Phorid boss arena rework when?

Keep up the good work! :)
But please reconsider at least some changes to Tonkor (you did revert changes made to Sonicor). :)

• Like 2

with the pbr update for the proto excal skin and nyx nemesis skin, when can we expect the pbr update for the steam skins, namely rubedo rhino and phased vauban skin? also if possible, can we have it so that they have the same option as tennogen items, where you can toggle the prime bits when worn on prime warframes

What the new armour in PoE will mean for FashionFrame? Will it be armour parts placed on Tenno body parts akin to frame armour? If so, will there be option to have it on but turn it invisible to not make operator suits obsolete? This is important if those parts will be big or the new armour will be just suit parts with stats. If this would be like suit parts, will there be any option to separate looks from stats of the part or will the old suits recive stats?

I would personaly prefer the option to have those armour parts be like on the frames, on top of the suit system. I would also like to see the option to turn those parts invisible and even swap the looks with other parts for the same body part or even frame armour parts.

With the upcoming changes to the Arcane System, can we finally expect some changes to the following arcanes that are considered worthless by many?

• Deflection
  • Healing
  • Ice
  • Nullifier
  • Resistance
  • Warmth

Because these things are straight slap to the face whenever I get them. To the point where I really would've preferred getting an Anasa over it.

Just now, Oranji said:

With the upcoming changes to the Arcane System, can we finally expect some changes to the following arcanes that are considered worthless by many?

• Deflection
  • Healing
  • Ice
  • Nullifier
  • Resistance
  • Warmth

Because these things are straight slap to the face whenever I get them. To the point where I really would've preferred getting an Anasa over it.

I thought they said that they weren't gonna touch the arcanes.

Purely technical as it's a huge issue I have to cope with. I've heard there's work done on multithreaded optimization, how is it going? How well is Evoltion Engine going to scale when having 8, 16 or even 32 threads available? Will it spread load somewhat evenly across all thread like e.g. Snowdrop or Frostbite or is that too big of a change and the best that can be currently done is 4/8 thread utilization, which nonetheless would be an improvement over the current 1 thread, possibly 2 but I've not seen such occurrence.

Additional APIs possibly? Getting the game to run on Vulkan would be a huge undertaking and I don't really expect it to happen, ever but how does the team feel about supporting 4 APIs at once and possibly expanding the playerbase to cover Linux/Mac userbase as well?

Can we get additional UI redesigns, like e.g. these changes I've proposed?

Can we PLEASE have expanded vFOV range to at least 90 degrees? I'm not usually subject to motion sickness but being forced into 78 vFOV compared to usual 90 I use made me actually feel dizzy.

Completely nitpicking now, numerical input for sensitivity as well as increased precision for the value instead of integers, it would also be greatly appreciated if the aimed sensitivity slider was adjusted to instead work as percentage value of hipfire sensitivity instead of what appears to be a dirty workaround that bases on the old system where the ADS sensitivity was uniformly ~50% of hipfire sensitivity.

1.  Since Plains of Eidalon will be the biggest area that Warframe has seen thus far, I was very excited to see how sniper rifles would come into play.  However, with the introduction of the newer sniper pistols (Knell and Arca Scisco) I feel that there is no reason to use primary Snipers anymore due to some of the mechanic differences.

Some of the mechanics on the sniper pistols that contribute to this:  No penalty for missing / No scope sway in combination with the generally higher scaling of 2ndary weapon mods (more multishot etc...), no need to zoom in "fully" for max bonus, and no need to be ADS'd to acquire bonus'.

TLDR to #1:  I'm just curious if Primary Sniper Rifles will have another look at some point in the near future.

2.  I'm very curious how affinity range will play out in Eidalon in general and for ability's that currently scale with affinity range.  

3.  I noticed in the Tennolive Demo that Arch guns were not being used when Rebecca deployed her Archwing in Eidalon.  It seemed to be a Regular Primary gun (Latron if I'm not mistaken?).  Will we be able to use Archguns / Archwing abilities in Eidalon, or will Archwings mainly serve as a means of faster transportation accross Eidalon.

4.  Any updates on HDR support for PC and / or console at any point after Eidalon?  (I didn't mention 4k because the wider color gamut and contrast of the newer HDR technology absolutely wrecks 4k in my humble opinion).  ;-)

5.  Will I be able to hook a grineer with my fishing pole, slash proc him and use a limb as bait?  (Lol!)  ;-)
==========

That's all!    

Thank you all at DE for being awesome & all of your hard work!  I can't wait to see play Eidalon!

Q1: How do you think the development of Plains of Eidolon is going to affect the current structure for warframe missions? Will we see planets that we already visit the surface of (Pluto, Mars) be updated to incorporate this more open world approach or is Plains of Eidolon solely focused on its own, separate form of content that will be in addition to the procedurally generated tilesets that we currently use in missions?

Q2: Now that riven mods have been around for some time, do you feel they fit into the role you created them for? Any news on what other rivens we can expect in the near future? Warframe, pet, archwing etc?

Q3: I recall a while back that DE was hiring new writers to help flesh out Warframes lore and world building. Any specific advancement in that outside of quest story lines? Will we be getting more opportunities to use our scanners and get more complex descriptions about the various enemies, flora, and fauna that we encounter?

Q4: It seems that in recent updates Syndicates have been playing more of a role in the warframe universe, what are your goals for Syndicates at the moment? What aren't they doing now that you want to make sure they do going forward?

Q5: Any news on the changes and updates to clans talked about on previous live streams? Are the plans still to introduce the missions of tracking down elite enemies?

My questions involve in-game progress:

How soon will we be able to access Plains of Eidolon?

What is the Mastery Rank requirement?

Which Junctions or Nodes are we required (or recommended) to complete in order to access Cetus?

Finally, Which Quests or quest-givers are we required (or again, recommended) to visit or complete in order to start the Plains of Eidolon Quest(s)?

Thank you, DE, for your patience & hard work. I LOVE this game, and I hope it continues to expand towards the forseeable future! #MakeXB1RelaysGreatAgain!

P.S. Seriously, Xbox One is running out of Relays...

57 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Join us this Friday, September 15th for Devstream #98.

Who:  Rebecca, Steve, Sheldon, Scott & Geoff!  

What:  We’ll only have time for a few specific questions about the upcoming release!

It seems like you all don't ever have time for many questions. The last time you had a PoE devstream, you answered only a few questions then.

Anyway, here are my questions:

1) What kind of non-Eidolon, combat-related activities can we expect to do in the Plains? Can we expect to see a variety of dynamic non-Eidolon, combat-focused side missions that we can repeatedly do in the Plains, and if so, what kinds of missions would this entail?

2) Can we hope to see some non-archwing vehicles and/or mounts for Plains of Eidolon? One of the key elements of any open world experience is having a diversity of gameplay tools/options, and that includes diverse means/modes of transportation. Really hope we can see some non-archwing, non-foot options for moving around the Plains.

3) Can we ever hope to see motion-captured running/sprinting animations around PoE's release? Motion-captured animations would help improve the feel of free roam, and make for a smoother, less clunky, and just more immersive and satisfying experience.

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n
  • Like 1

Devstream 100 is coming very soon.

What will we have at this special occasion as your dedication to the fanbase reaches a triple-digit milestone, great work by the way.

Could we receive a hint or two if you have anything planned? Perharps something Baro™ related? An event? Speaking of which, when are you planning on releasing the Dark Sector legacy skins for your everyday broncos, latos etc.? Really looking forth to acquiring those vintage armaments.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, (PS4)Crackle2012 said:

3.  I noticed in the Tennolive Demo that Arch guns were not being used when Rebecca deployed her Archwing in Eidalon.  It seemed to be a Regular Primary gun (Latron if I'm not mistaken?).  Will we be able to use Archguns / Archwing abilities in Eidolon, or will Archwings mainly serve as a means of faster transportation accross Eidolon.

This!

Edited by RubenRosas

Any chance you'll be reviewing beam weapons?

Currently these weapons are vastly underpowerd in damage by other guns, have weird status mechanics that are just a downside and their range limit doesn't make sense on some of them.

Great job on the game btw. love how you keep original and interesting updates coming.