Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #98!

[DE]Rebecca

a big slice of the community complain about the reward system from sortie and that more than one time we get same reward,anasa or 4k endo  more than 3 time in a row or always 2 time anasa and 2 time 4k endo etc... my question are : Can we have a sortie reward tracking inside the game to prove what we complain for and see what we got from the other sortie? 

is any work going into adding old events back as quests? alot of lore and backstory is straight up Lost to anyone who wasn't there for them and in the case of operation Rathuum and Ambulas reborn the entire storyline is gone and no context is presented as to why you must collect Animo beacons, how is ergo glast involved in all this!? as well as why am i slogging my way through a Grineer gladiatorial arena and how and why is Cressa tal involved in all this!?

but... that's not all. the whole story-arch involving Alad-V as a character and his evolution as the head of Grineer relations, to the head of the Zanuka project, to him becoming the head of the Mutalist infested, to him wanting his pretty little head to be cured, which finally led him to "owe us one" in the second dream which lead the stalker to send his lackeys to cut off his head. this whole arch is straight up gone.

Edited by McDuffMan
slight word editing for consistency/whatever. why are you reading this? read the dam post!

18 minutes ago, Harowing said:

What type of currency does the merchants of Cetus Market use? Will there be Platinum-priced Items?

Syndicate-like standing was mentioned as a way of unlocking wares and services and credits were shown as payment for Hok's services

Edited by Transformau5

Since this devstream will be focused on the Plains of Eidolons, Ill skip my questions about that update. Here are my questions:

1- We have seen the arm-canons in a past devstream. Any more news about them?

2.- Any news on Focus 2.0?

3-  Are there any plans for Melee 3.0? Can we expect a melee rework or changes in the least used melees?

4- Hydroid Prime trailer, WHEN? I need more Ballas in my life!!!

5- The arbiters of Hexis needs more love. Will they have a more important role in the future? Maybe in the sacrifice? 

6- Will the sacrifice be the next big update after the PoE? or we will see another "big" update between them

7- Any news about acolytes? We need them back!!!

With the release of the plains the gameplay dynamic will change drastically while within the plains. Will it affect the standard tile based missions that we are used to or will the plains use a seperate gameplay mechanic? Also the earth tileset with all its grass and vegetation is a very taxing on lower end systems, will the plains be less demanding in terms of the vegetation to accomodate a wider range of pc playerrs?

1 minute ago, Dragyon said:

With the release of the plains the gameplay dynamic will change drastically while within the plains. Will it affect the standard tile based missions that we are used to or will the plains use a seperate gameplay mechanic? Also the earth tileset with all its grass and vegetation is a very taxing on lower end systems, will the plains be less demanding in terms of the vegetation to accomodate a wider range of pc playerrs?

The Plains are separate from other tilesets; tile-based missions will remain untouched; performance-wise, the devs said they'd been trying hard to make it available to as many people as possible, which includes dynamic rendering, some changed model structures, etc.

I just realize that the Cetus' colony name is an Easter Egg-ish (at least for me):

It is unclear to which Tau System the Sentients were sent by the Orokin (in astronomy the stars of a constellation are named using the Greek alphabet, with the visually brightest being usually "alpha" and going downward in the scale; Tau being he 19th letter of the Greek alphabet, so any constellation with 19 stars or more will have -potentially- a Tau Star with a consequential Tau System).

It has being speculated for quite a long time that the Tau System mentioned in the Warframe lore is Tau Ceti, because there has been evidence of possibly five planets orbiting Tau Ceti, with two of these being potentially in the habitable zone. Now Tau Ceti is located in the Cetus Constellation (the whale constellation), hence the name Tau Ceti (Tau star at Cetus).  And the town next to the plain at which the Eidolons appear is CETUS! :community:

I love with all my heart when DE is this level of nerd :nerd:

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)SeiryokuGust said:

Do Plains of Eidolon generate white mana?

This might interest you.

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)SeiryokuGust said:

Why doing finishers I fall out of the game? (I'm OK, I do return to the tile after a while)

Finisher animations play relative to the target's facing and location. It doesn't take geography into consideration, so it'll snap you to a specific location relative to the target whether or not that location's 'valid'.

2 hours ago, BoostedPenguin said:

I have a very important question about the future of rivens. How are you going to handle rivens for custom weapons when plains of eidolon. Since it will be exremely lucky to get a riven for your specific custom weapon, are we looking at a riven rework or just a new mechanic around it.

The 'custom' weapons are 'typed' by the weapon's head, as far as mastery goes.

I imagine that, if they mix-n-match weapons get rivens, they'll follow suit.

1 hour ago, Trentiel said:

Can we get an indepth explanation from DE how the damage and status per second works?

I'm not DE, so feel free to ignore me.
A quick overview of beam mechanics:

They apply damage in chunks. Can't give you the increments, as I've never counted frames, but iirc the number I saw was 0.3, 0.4, 0.4...

Damage is calculated as (Total damage per ammo) * RoF * chunk duration.
Crit is calculated per chunk.
Multishot doesn't add projectiles, it's a straight multiplier on the formula (Chunk damage (as above)*Multishot).

The status per sec lies, the arsenal actually shows you status per ammo * RoF, which is why adding RoF increases the display.
Back-math that, and you see that the Glaxion has a mere (35/20) 1.75% status per ammo.
It'd be a bit better if DE'd actually halved the Glaxion's RoF while keeping the other stats equivalent. Then it'd have 3.5% status per ammo.
Yay.

On top of that, beam weapons can only apply 1 non-forced status effect per chunk.
As with shotgun status, and assuming 3 chunks per second, you'd need 300% displayed Status/sec to actually guarantee a proc on every chunk.

Suffice it to say, Akstiletto P are at least an order of magnitude better at applying status procs than any beam weapon, and much higher than that at status-per-ammo or procs-per-time.

Edited by Chroia

Really!?!? AWESOME!

I've got a few minor question.

1. When the plains of eidolon update comes out, Will the operator can do a crouch position without having to go invisible crouching and instead have that invisiblity as an ability on a kit like the warframes with their 1,2,3, and 4 Abilities.

2. Will the operator be able to hold weapons like a rifle, a pistol and a melee weapon?

3. How high up to the sky can you go up to? Because I wanted to do the highest dive bomb with Zephyr on to the enemy in the plains of eidolon.

4.LAST QUESTION, Will the operator be able to ride the pets and just fight along side in the battle?

• Like 1

So will new players coming into warframe be able to only access certain parts of the plains of Eidolon or will the entire map be open to them? I heard that they were unable to remain on the planet during night time and would be ejecting off during the night cycle via archwing, now does that mean that they must first complete archwing quest before being able to access the content, what if any are the prerequisites for accessing the planet.   Rumor is now that they can stay at night and fight the "monster", so could you please clarify if new players can stay and fight at night on POE.

Plains of Eidolon has a lot of players excited to use Sniper rifles again, but many of the underlying issues remain. The innate time limit on the current combo system encourages players to line up shots quickly rather than accurately, which works against the design of Sniper weapons. Likewise, the current accuracy penalties to hip-firing and "realistic" sway while aiming make them more painful to use than other rifles in all other tilesets. How will we see them reworked to accompany PoE?

The “Hold X to self-Revive” mechanic appeases players who wanted the ability to die without being saved, but the big text in the center of the screen fools new players into wasting their personal Revives by thinking they’re contributing to their own revival. Are more UI changes coming to emphasize that it’s not the intended use?

Imagine this everyday scenario for Tenno:
Your Sentinel is your only source of Vacuum; without it, you spend the entire mission staring at the floor. When your Sentinel dies, the only way to get it back is to die and spend a Revive.
As developers, how can you address this scenario?

The in-game descriptions for Oberon's abilities do not mention important facets of his kit like the interactions between Hallowed Ground and his other abilities, the bonus damage Reckoning receives from Radiation, the bleedout buff for Renewal, etc. As a result, many players are unaware of the full breadth of his abilities and must use out-of-game resources to inform themselves; his Warframe Profile video still hasn’t even been updated. Is there any concern that Oberon's execution may be too complex?

Since the last time you mentioned addressing “mandatory” mods like Serration and multishot, you’ve added Primed Point Blank, Primed Pressure Point and Riven mods to the game, which simply contribute to the issue. Have you officially gone back on plans to address these mods?

What exactly is the point of allowing Volt to pick up Electric Shield if it costs him extra energy to move while active? It directly penalizes the synergy it creates with Speed, and actively discourages charging his passive.
Simultaneously, do you have any plans to update Discharge? The damage cap on the ability means it can burn out almost as quickly as it is cast, especially in a large crowd or against armored targets. His lack of scaling means Volt still isn’t a “potent alternative to gunplay”.

In your last Reddit AMA about 2 years ago, you were asked if you'd considered adding an extra color tint option for metals on the PBR Prime items (including the frames post-Nova Prime)... and Sheldon missed the point when he answered. Would someone else care to revise?

Players allied with New Loka/Perrin Sequence have no means to obtain the Large Shield Restore blueprint. Would there be a neutral way in the future to increase the availability of this Restore?

Akvasto Prime: When?

Edited by Archwizard

3 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Join us this Friday, September 15th for Devstream #98.

Who:  Rebecca, Steve, Sheldon, Scott & Geoff!  

What:  We are going full throttle into Plains of Eidolon with this Devstream, so we’ll only have time for a few specific questions about the upcoming release! We have so much to cover this Devstream so make sure your Landing Craft is safely in the ‘PARK’ position! We have a special Twitch announcement to make during this stream as well – streamers and viewers get ready!

Prizes? Why yes, we will be giving away 3 x 1000 Platinum Prizes and during the Livestream as well as a Hydroid Prime Access!

Where: Find us at: twitch.tv/Warframe

When: Join us this September 15th at 2 p.m ET!  

This thread closes at 10 a.m. on September 15th! Please only post questions specific to the Plains of Eidolon! This will help us immensely as we bring you this Devstream full of 'new'!

Hello, excited to see you guys again, hope your summer is going well (it's winter for me) 

Wanted to ask, if the plains go well as a concept and become a massive thing in warframe, do you plan to eventually shift everything into plains and decrease the use of the tiled system? 

Also, quickly about twitch promotions, the frost prime thing was cool, but can you do no more? Alot of countries, including mine, cannot access twitch prime at all, and are forced to use fake/ultimately accounts, or get over seas friends to make one.

Thanks, love all at DE, keep up being awesome :P

during the second dream the revelation that our operators are the true form of the tenno surprising us as players and as characters, Alad V even seemed in the dark of our true form. despite this, all of our operators' interactions with NPCs (whether in missions or in story) have been with characters who are already aware of our origins. with the coming growth of our operators as warriors in Cetus, will we again be interacting with NPCs that already know what was supposed to be such a closely hidden secret that we ourselves didn't know? or will we see our first NPC interaction(s) that show surprise by our tennos' true form in the plains update?

3 hours ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

A few questions, if you have time.

1. Arca Plasmor has just shy of 100% status chance when modded with 4 elementals. Was this intentional, and if so, what was the intent?
  2. Arca Scisco has a very nice combo mechanic that is forgiving of misses and multishot. Could this be extended to other scoped weapons, such as snipers?
  3. Power creep is a given in these sorts of games, but the current state of power creep and MR restrictions on weapons seems rather punishing for newer players. I recently had an MR4 player ask for suggestions on a weapon that would carry then to end game, as they wanted to conserve platinum and not need weapon slots, catalysts, etc. or waste large numbers of forma on a build only to have it go obsolete in 3-4 MR ranks. I came to the realization that there was only one such weapon I could think of that wasn't vaulted: the Hek shotgun. This worries me, as it seems more and more that both Prime Access and Tenno Reinforcements are focusing solely on veterans and not providing anything for the newer players.

Thank You!

That's the point, maybe they bring out new normal weapons, maybe a huge batch of them that are purposefully low tier, but prime access and events usually carry weapons with a high mr lock that are quite powerful. The Mr lock is there so that very powerful weapons are not being handled by inexperienced players and need a lot of hard work to get. It's not power creep if the Mr lock is high enough because you need to have played through quite a bit of the game before getting these weapons 

Plains of Eidolon-Specific Questions:

Previously mentioned, Plains of Eidolon will have Day/Night cycles similar to Earth, with Day mainly for all players & Night for veterans.

1.   During the Night cycle, while the veterans are out hunting sentients, will newer players have content to explore or accomplish? If yes, what kind of content?

2.   Would newer players be able to fight with the veterans against the sentients if they want to? Or would there be a system in place to limit such things?

3.   Using Archwings in the Plains of Eidolon to farm resources and enemies, would affinity gained then be added to the Archwings & Archwing Weapons?

4.   Will there ever be plans to expand Plains of Eidolon in terms of map size or maximum amount of players in one instance?

Having 24 players fighting together would be awesome.

Edited by Malice