Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[OOC/Recruiting] Siren's Call

SpaceHelicopters

17 minutes ago, SpaceHelicopters said:

It's all good, actually. None of his gear really breaks any of my rules, though I can understand how it could be seen as such. Everything is more or less just an aesthetic/narrative customization and doesn't have any function outside base. Eye-piece is essentially flavor for his HUD, Schrodinger is still just an Opticor, Harley's a Viper, etc.

What would be considered a breach of rule 4 would be something akin to a brand-new bow designed from the ground up, a grenade launcher that fires Elytron warheads, and what have you.

Oh thats good to hear. But eh I think at this point I wont go back and customize anything now. But Maine has given me an idea though. Do you think its fine if my OC conceals smoke grenades like the sergeant's smoke screen? If thats too customy, flash bangs like the ones sergeant and G3 use would be nice. Itd be more for the aesthetic and character theme really.

And I guess we have 3 older human men now =) and dont worry you can take your time. I'm sure us overhyped lot won't grow impatient and start glomping and cannibalizing each other or anything. ^^

Just now, Arunafeltz said:

Oh thats good to hear. But eh I think at this point I wont go back and customize anything now. But Maine has given me an idea though. Do you think its fine if my OC conceals smoke grenades like the sergeant's smoke screen? If thats too customy, flash bangs like the ones sergeant and G3 use would be nice. Itd be more for the aesthetic and character theme really.

And I guess we have 3 older human men now =) and dont worry you can take your time. I'm sure us overhyped lot won't grow impatient and start glomping and cannibalizing each other or anything. ^^

Wait, what? When did I give you an idea?

10 minutes ago, Arunafeltz said:

I don't see any harm in that. The more I think about it, the more I may go back and slightly amend the 4th rule to exclude non-complex and reasonable doo-hickeys and gegaws.

5 minutes ago, SpaceHelicopters said:

I don't see any harm in that. The more I think about it, the more I may go back and slightly amend the 4th rule to exclude non-complex and reasonable doo-hickeys and gegaws.

I might add a few small things in Bornstella's spreadsheet if you're going to change Rule 4 a bit then. It won't be anything big though, just to give her a bit more of a fighting chance against whatever mystery entities you have waiting for us >:D

~~~

5 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

Is this still Open? I haven't RP'd on a forum before but I have RP'd on pencil and paper in-person, and this seems like a really interesting concept.

It is definitely open. Feel free to make an OC!

Just now, Agent_Maine said:

It is definitely open. Feel free to make an OC!

Ok! Just a few questions:

1. Are weapons modded or unmodded? And the same for warframes and companions.
  2. Can an operator wield most any single sidearm-style secondary? I.E lex, arca scisco, zakti, viper, etc.
  3. When you say no making up weapons, could I single-wield a dualwield-only weapon? I.E. use Nami Solo Prime or just the mace from Silva and Aegis Prime, or use a single Viper Wraith?

9 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

Ok! Just a few questions:

1. Are weapons modded or unmodded? And the same for warframes and companions.
  2. Can an operator wield most any single sidearm-style secondary? I.E lex, arca scisco, zakti, viper, etc.
  3. When you say no making up weapons, could I single-wield a dualwield-only weapon? I.E. use Nami Solo Prime or just the mace from Silva and Aegis Prime, or use a single Viper Wraith?

Hmm. I'll try to answer these questions to the best of my ability.

1. Mods haven't really been talked about that much. Based on what I know, mods which improve damage don't really work in RPs, because damage varies depending on who you are fighting. But mods which add a secondary ability (e.g. Fire, Ice, Radiation) should be fine to use. You can mention the fact that your OC's weapons have been modded to use the elements or some other special thing, but modding seems to be more of an ingame mechanic than a roleplaying thing.

2. It's the opposite here. Since Operators can move and pick up things, they should definitely be able to pick up pistols and use them. So that's fine.

3. Yes, you can use already-given weapons in that regard. So your OC can single-wield the Nami Solo Prime or the Silva Prime Mace!

Edited by Agent_Maine

Ok. Here's my submission:

Spoiler

Name: Takar Lathra

Race: Tenno

Apparent Age: 18

Mental Age: 28

Biological Age: 28 out of stasis, unknown number in stasis

Appearance:

Spoiler

BAD55EE87CA6103039A5D80E62FB023CFCD91A22

Sorry for the low-quality image. This was the best my PC could manage.

Bio:

Spoiler

Takar Lathra, blinded by the Void Energy that transformed her into a Tenno, served as a dataficier during the Great War (now known as the Old War). She rarely used a Warframe in combat, choosing instead to focus her energy into study and data acquisition. After being awakened, she fell back into this role as best she could, and when she heard of a mostly unheard-of location, she immediately planned her trip here so that she could gather more knowledge.

Traits:

Blind. She uses the Void to see, along with excellent hearing and sense of vibration.

Dataficier: Has a limitless Eidetic Memory. Can recall information very quickly. Knows a lot about Old War events, not so much about current ones, outside of her personal experience.

'Nerd?'(not sure what to call it): Has little combat experience (both in and out of a warframe). Relies on her warframe for survival and combat prowess (aiming, movement, etc.) when not in a transference chair.

Focus Schools:

Completely proficient in Zenurik, due to time spent studying. Minor proficiencies in Vazarin (can heal/revive, not much more) and Naramon (void walking can be sustained longer, can see a battle through the party's shared experience).

Equipment: Octavia (specially altered to have longer duration, but lower power), Arca Plasmor (corrosive and blast added, has punchthrough), Arca Scisco (has gas damage added, high crit/status chance, and punchthrough), Endura (has gas and cold, deals status every hit). Takar has trained with the Endura, considering its use an art form (uses Vulpine Mask stance).

Companion: Carrier Prime, with enemy/loot highlighting, vacuum, and ammo conversion. Rebuilds itself a few times if damaged/destroyed.

Edited by -AoN-CanoLathra-

6 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

Ok. Here's my submission:

Hide contents

Name: Takar Lathra

Race: Tenno

Apparent Age: 18

Mental Age: 28

Biological Age: 28 out of stasis, unknown number in stasis

Appearance:

Reveal hidden contents

BAD55EE87CA6103039A5D80E62FB023CFCD91A22

Sorry for the low-quality image. This was the best my PC could manage.

Bio:

Reveal hidden contents

Takar Lathra, blinded by the Void Energy that transformed her into a Tenno, served as a dataficier during the Great War (now known as the Old War). She rarely used a Warframe in combat, choosing instead to focus her energy into study and data acquisition. After being awakened, she fell back into this role as best she could, and when she heard of a mostly unheard-of location, she immediately planned her trip here so that she could gather more knowledge.

Traits:

Blind. She uses the Void to see, along with excellent hearing and sense of vibration.

Dataficier: Has a limitless Eidetic Memory. Can recall information very quickly.

'Nerd?'(not sure what to call it): Has little combat experience (both in and out of a warframe). Relies on her warframe for survival and combat prowess (aiming, movement, etc.) when not in a transference chair.

Focus Schools:

Completely proficient in Zenurik, due to time spent studying. Minor proficiencies in Vazarin (can heal/revive, not much more) and Naramon (void walking can be sustained longer, can see a battle through the party's shared experience).

Equipment: Octavia (specially altered to have longer duration, but lower power), Arca Plasmor (corrosive and blast added, has punchthrough), Arca Scisco (has gas damage added, and punchthrough), Endura (has gas and cold, deals status every hit). Takar has trained with the Endura, considering its use an art form (uses stance).

Companion: Carrier Prime, with enemy/loot highlighting, vacuum, and ammo conversion. Rebuilds itself a few times if damaged/destroyed.

Looks like a good first OC! :thumbup:

1 minute ago, Agent_Maine said:

Looks like a good first OC! :thumbup:

Well, it's my first Warframe OC. I've been a crossbow-wielding dwarf cleric, a steampunk mechanic, a technomancer, a shadowrun decker, and a space pirate/ninja/mechanic character in various Pencil&Paper RPG's over the years, so character creation is pretty easy by now. Especially since I keep using the same general idea.

It starts when SpaceHelicopters makes the IC thread. It'll probably happen within the next day or two.

Spacey tends to make general posts which set the scene, and then he allows us to interact with each other. He'll be posting to move the story along too. Expect the posts to be big, with a space of a day or more between them.

4 minutes ago, Agent_Maine said:

It starts when SpaceHelicopters makes the IC thread. It'll probably happen within the next day or two.

Spacey tends to make general posts which set the scene, and then he allows us to interact with each other. He'll be posting to move the story along too. Expect the posts to be big, with a space of a day or more between them.

Ok, good, because I do have a job that keeps me away from my computer for hours on end. But I should be able to post at least 2-3 times a day

1 minute ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

Ok, good, because I do have a job that keeps me away from my computer for hours on end. But I should be able to post at least 2-3 times a day

That's easily enough posts to keep up with the story. Spacey doesn't tend to move his RPs super-fast.

Edited by Agent_Maine

Just to make things easier, what time zone is everyone in? I'm North America west coast (Canada, eh?), and it's 11:30 PM at the time of me writing this. (I was up helping work on character sheets for my next Pathfinder campaign)

Edited by Daakjenaar