Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Confused over a chat ban

DarkLordX2

Question

Alright, I will start over with saying that at this point and don't even know if it's that the chat mods are really sensitive or one of them has something against me.

Now, back to the topic, here I am chatting on Region, like I do every now and then, when out of nowhere people start talking about anime, among the chat were people talking about hen*** (the usual), so I jokingly said "Spongebob Squarepants is the best anime and you all know it", and before I know it, my chat stopped working, so I relog and find out I have been banned.

I'm not even joking when I said that the "spongebob is the best anime" was the last thing I typed before being banned. Before that I said, regarding the topic being disscussed (hen***), that we were "Stepping into weird s*** that shouldn't be possible" (Btw, yes, I did censor it in the chat).

At this point I don't even know what qualifies as a chat ban reason.

8 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

At this point I'm not entirely sure the chatbots and chat moderators themselves know what does and does not qualify.

Is it a temporary ban or a permanent ban?

Also, you can ask support to give you the details on the ban, specifically which statement triggered it and the reason given.

I'm fairly sure that it's not a bot (A bot always sends you a pm telling you that you have been suspended).

As for the ban length, I don't know, then again, my chat simply stopped, I didn't receive any notification, I just relogged and saw I got suspended.

I was thinking about doing this, but I, at least from my point of view, find asking support to help me on such a petty issue to be time wasting.

Edited by DarkLordX2
Typo

@DarkLordX2

Are you able to tell us exactly what notification you were given to tell you that you were suspended from chat?
Also like ExcessiveSteeze suggested, is your chat just not loading at all and only a circle at the top left spinning?

The reason I ask, is because I also had a similar issue yesterday where I linked like 3 mandachord songs in region (none of them typos or words that would trigger kickbot).
I got the message "Your access to in-game chat has been suspended" and I've had this chat loading circle issue ever since.
I sent in a support ticket, still trying to get it resolved as I've had no clear answer yet as to why.

On 9/14/2017 at 9:48 AM, Alcoholism said:

@DarkLordX2

Are you able to tell us exactly what notification you were given to tell you that you were suspended from chat?
Also like ExcessiveSteeze suggested, is your chat just not loading at all and only a circle at the top left spinning?

The reason I ask, is because I also had a similar issue yesterday where I linked like 3 mandachord songs in region (none of them typos or words that would trigger kickbot).
I got the message "Your access to in-game chat has been suspended" and I've had this chat loading circle issue ever since.
I sent in a support ticket, still trying to get it resolved as I've had no clear answer yet as to why.

Then again, I didn't receive a notification at all. My chat simply stopped, when I relogged I found myself banned.

1 hour ago, DarkLordX2 said:

Then again, I didn't receive a notification at all. My chat simply stopped, when I relogged I found myself banned.

Yeah I've been searching around and it seems a lot of people getting banned (mainly from something they typed in region) have been getting little to no explanation for why it had occurred.
In fact when I contacted support about this they claimed that there should be a notification stating why you got banned but this is simply not the case at all.
I am actually still banned from chat (for doing nothing wrong might I add) and still awaiting a response from support where I have been assigned a new staff member to look over my ticket.

Dont bother with support. I got chat banned on wedsday as well as first offence. Was told by account suport that it should be lifted and to go submit a ticket to Technical. Here i got someone that only read half of the original ticket where i was told it could be a week. Not the part that says it was lifted. 

As well as i did not recieve any notification of why i was suspended. I asume it was a chat bot because the sentence i sent was replaced with i have been suspended from ingame chat.