Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What content do people actually do?

peteed1985

Question

I'm stilling for hours waiting for people to join the squad to complete the nodes on planet sand noone ever joins, it's as if there's no players at all trying to unlock the map so is warframe all veterans and 0 new players trying to unlock the map or what? Normally in games there are at least a few other players in the starting and middle areas of progression unless it's a failing game.

I also can't unlock relics for prime parts because noone joins for the void fissues for the most part. I've never seen anyone do invasions at all. The only place people actually join is alerts...

Also what do you need to do to unlock sorties? Someone said get to Sedna but a couple of years ago (when junctions didn't exist) I got a taxi to an alert on Sedna so I have 7 of the Sedna nodes unlocked so i'm already there even though I haven't done the junction yet no sorties as far as I can tell :S then again idk if a sortie is just one of the nodes that I don't have unlocked or if they are something else

14 answers to this question

One of my housemates is new (MR 4) and not having too much difficulty completing nodes. There are some cases they have to ask in recruiting if it's something they aren't capable of alone, that's what recruiting is for. The games health is fine btw lol

There are relics everywhere I don't understand how you can't "unlock" them? You simply need to pick up 10 reactant to crack a relic open. Fissures are always full of people, maybe youre on the wrong region and trying to play when everyones asleep?

I do invasions, alerts, syndicate missions and fissures everytime Im in there so "no one does anything" sounds honestly like youre on the wrong region for your timezone, you are on solo and havent noticed or you arent bothering to recruit, rather "hoping" people want to do the same thing.

Sorties require you to complete The War Within which requires the Sedna junction (on Pluto) AND The Second Dream to be completed. It doesn't matter what you had open before, you need to complete ALL your junctions, we all had to regardless. I had everything unlocked, still had to do junctions.

The problem may be some ping issues. If you have less than 300 ping you may or may not find people. Put up a no limit ping to play with people. Caution the higher the limit the mor lag you face.

Then there are people like me who go full solo. No multiplayer at all. 

And now there are players like you. The reason is because new games come out and people quit. I have had to play missions from saturn to pluto all solo. People quit after saturn and never come back.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)ExcessiveSteeze said:

The problem may be some ping issues. If you have less than 300 ping you may or may not find people. Put up a no limit ping to play with people. Caution the higher the limit the mor lag you face.

Then there are people like me who go full solo. No multiplayer at all. 

And now there are players like you. The reason is because new games come out and people quit. I have had to play missions from saturn to pluto all solo. People quit after saturn and never come back.

Must be a ps4 thing, can't say I know anyone who quit after Saturn and never came back lol

Additionally though on the topic: I also play solo or friends only so yes that would also have an impact to visibly available squads but it's not hard to find one if you try.

2 hours ago, Zanchak said:

One of my housemates is new (MR 4) and not having too much difficulty completing nodes. There are some cases they have to ask in recruiting if it's something they aren't capable of alone, that's what recruiting is for. The games health is fine btw lol

There are relics everywhere I don't understand how you can't "unlock" them? You simply need to pick up 10 reactant to crack a relic open. Fissures are always full of people, maybe youre on the wrong region and trying to play when everyones asleep?

I do invasions, alerts, syndicate missions and fissures everytime Im in there so "no one does anything" sounds honestly like youre on the wrong region for your timezone, you are on solo and havent noticed or you arent bothering to recruit, rather "hoping" people want to do the same thing.

Sorties require you to complete The War Within which requires the Sedna junction (on Pluto) AND The Second Dream to be completed. It doesn't matter what you had open before, you need to complete ALL your junctions, we all had to regardless. I had everything unlocked, still had to do junctions.

I'm Australian and have region on Oceanic. Tbh i'm not sure what I should have that set to haha.

18 minutes ago, peteed1985 said:

I'm Australian and have region on Oceanic. Tbh i'm not sure what I should have that set to haha.

That would be the correct region for you. 

Although I find that a lot of the time, I have higher ping with Australians than Americans or Europeans. For reference, I am in New Zealand.

On the topic though, if you need help, try asking in recruiting/clan (if you have one) chat, sometimes you can get someone to help you that way.

You need to complete up through the war within to unlock sorties I believe. Even if you have a planet unlocked through a taxi (I did) you still need to do all the junctions and finish the main story. Make sure your set to public and do the missions the junction needs to get unlocked. Once everything is unlocked you'll get a bunch of blueprints as well as unlocking some good missions to grab some Warframes. 

10 hours ago, peteed1985 said:

-snip-

Syndicate missions, sortie, and raids are where most veterans are at.  They're the most profitable in terms of rewards that can be traded for platinum.  A reliable, consistent raiding team can earn several hundred platinum each and every day.  Syndicate standing offers smaller platinum gains but it's the most consistent avenue of profit.  And sorties are a complete crapshoot.  However, you can earn several thousand platinum if you get a riven with a "god roll" for a popular weapon.

Edited by (PS4)Magician_NG

1 hour ago, (PS4)Lord-Reikaz said:

What are they selling to make so much plat? Syndicate marks? How much these sell for? 

Syndicate standing, 25k = 10p.  Augments are easiest to sell.  Weapons aren't worth selling, imo.  Players are reluctant to trade more than 25p for a 100k+ standing item.

Raid arcanes.  A good portion of them don't sell well at all (those arcanes with resistances), but the arcanes that enhance damage output and survivability sell very well.  Arcane strike (20p per), arcane guardian (30p-40p per), arcane avenger (100p-150p per), arcane grace (100p-200p per), arcane energize (250p-325p per), etc.  They're the most popular.

From sortie.  Rivens.  Veiled rivens sell more consistently than unveiled rivens for unpopular weapons.  But then you have to choose.  Would you rather sell a veiled riven for 20p-75p (depends on the weapon type the riven is for) or would you rather roll the dice?  If you chose to unveil that riven you might end up with a riven that nobody wants or you'll end up with a riven that can command a 2000p asking price in the trade tab.

12 hours ago, peteed1985 said:

yeh thats my region, though its activity also includes asia so the busy hours are often some hours behind Aus. I often switch to NA if its quiet and I want to do fissures or something.

8 hours ago, peteed1985 said:

Isn't the lag a major issue?

Im honestly so used to playing all kinds of things with American friends for years I don't really notice it.. SOMETIMES its terrible but that's not "typical". Its usually fine, you just abort if you hit a horrid host lol.