Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Finish Alt Helm Help (Tennogen)

42 minutes ago, Nicococo said:

Not removed but blurred down and hard to distinguish in the ingame textures. You just need to learn to balance out smaller details all over the mesh, dont add in too much small detail and dont make them too small given that this is a 3rd person game and you wont even see all of that.

I see. Well, I don't really have a concept right now, pretty busy and I have no idea what I want to do yet but this information helps. I am no good with making textures though. So I'll have to get started with an idea and see how far I could get. 

Thanks for the help. I'll keep track of this thread and do some updates if I make any progress.

4 minutes ago, InDueTime-EN- said:

I see. Well, I don't really have a concept right now, pretty busy and I have no idea what I want to do yet but this information helps. I am no good with making textures though. So I'll have to get started with an idea and see how far I could get. 

Thanks for the help. I'll keep track of this thread and do some updates if I make any progress.

Sure! Its just all about practice and sticking with it. All of this isnt particularly hard, it just takes some time to get right.

So heres a rough walk through on how to retopologize in blender and bake some maps using Xnormal.

wsP1gUV.jpg

Some of the retopology tools:

PEBpIqk.jpg

JyjdU38.jpg

7I0QdZ8.jpg

XSIeO85.jpg

YtfM2QL.jpg

a2PXTMl.jpg

EPh064U.jpg

Retopology through shrinkwrap modifier:

GltofU4.jpg

4vs9KgR.jpg

UV unwrap set up:

T0DchP4.jpg

vXszvXa.jpg

tquNdiz.jpg

AuBtUlV.jpg

UV unwrapping:

krzLlOa.jpg

Xnormal:

oAyUJVZ.jpg

Exporting from blender:

katbOxk.jpg

3Cxv7bo.jpg

uUDgz5i.jpg

mYIoJCB.jpg

Importing into Xnormal and set up:

6X43JYW.jpg

bD1qp31.jpg

wrb8zdv.jpg

khChuxK.jpg

fimrMws.jpg

72J0gsr.jpg

After you've clicked on "copy results" you can click "generate maps" on the right and your selected maps will be generated and saved to your output folder. Barring any outstanding issues that might arise, you should have your maps ready to start building the other necessary maps to submit your assets.

As you can see, this is pretty rough but I'll still be around if you have any questions.

48 minutes ago, Nicococo said:

So heres a rough walk through on how to retopologize in blender and bake some maps using Xnormal.

How do you import the mesh? And can I use that mesh to make skins for the warframes too?

This a long read. I'll do it after work and try to copy your process with excalibur as well.

1 hour ago, InDueTime-EN- said:

How do you import the mesh? And can I use that mesh to make skins for the warframes too?

This a long read. I'll do it after work and try to copy your process with excalibur as well.

Ah I forgot to add that in. Its file->import->wavefront OBJ . You can use it as a proxy reference to see where the in-game model is and you can build your model under that to therefore bake your own textures.