Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Greatscythes

(PSN)CrimsonAxure

Ever thought about having giant scythes in this game?. The current Scythe weapons, in my opinion, are forgotten and needs some love. Right now, Anku is the best scythe in the game (stats wise), and it's easy to get. While Hate on the other hand, looks really cool, low drop chance, and mediocre stats. If Scythes won't get looked at, "Greatscythes" should be added. We have Kazsas, but that's for archwing, i don't play archwing. There are swords and greatswords, why not add greatscythes for scythes?

What is NEKROS without (Farming) SCYTHE?

Current 'Scythe" (Anku,Caut,Hat,ReapP) are "Battle Scythe" (personally I call them "sickle", not even pickaxes Ha!).

[Kazas] is such WASTED on Arching, not a real ArchMelee RIP. (Dual Kamas Prime even are literally Two Sickle, count as Dual Sword?)

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Kaszas

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Dual_Kamas_Prime

Scythe DESERVED the Love too! + Range/Pole Length.

GOT to GET me some GREAT SCYTHES!

PS Also nice for some Heavy Blade Nikanas too! 

Here's my suggestions for the existing scythes to make them more like the 'great-scythes' you desire:
1: Increase the handle/grip's length, increase blade section size. Increase weapon melee range to compensate. DE already did this with the Arca Titron's grip.
2: Allow polearm stances to be equipped.
3: Double all stats for all Scythes, except Anku.
4: Double Reaper Prime's stats again on top of this.

As for dual-wielded Katanas, the only difference is their holstering and equipping animation, faster swing speed, and no puncture damage (all slash and very little impact), perhaps?
Would like to see the Other Broken War (heavy blade version of Broken War that has stats between Broken War and War which can use sword, nikana, and heavy blade stances all the same; this would enable War to use the Dual Sword stance, like a Dark Split-Sword, by causing the blade to snap in half, yet reconnect using Void Logic).

I had an idea once about allowing Throwable Melees to be used in the Sidearm slot (one self-regenerating projectile that only regenerates when it comes back, trigger tap throws it at the same speed as you'd throw the dual-wielded version, holding the fire button charges it, and tapping alt-fire while its' in flight sets off its explosion and returns it to you; you can't melee with it though; doesn't drain life support further like melees do) based on what Teshin could do in War Within.

Yes please. Im a sucker for big, edgy scythes so I can't help but be hyped for it. Just don't forget to slap a unique stance on it with wide two-handed slashing attacks...oh and spinning, I want a spinning combo on this thing.

Edited by Teh_Bowart

Gib! I probably wouldn't use anything else much if we got a great scythe with Galatine-s/Atterax-s power, great crits and decent range+a more mobile stance like Tempo Royale.

Add it pls. DE, don't make Nekros sad! (even though it's just a frame without feelings, but still)

23 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

I dont even know why cant we use regular weapons in archwing mode, i mean dont tell me the corpus deathbeam the Opticor couldnt shot down anything.

Well, looks like plains is actually changing that one. So yeah, we'll finally be able to do that at least.