Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sealab tileset Crashes my hardware

TheSteelRat

Ever since the Chains of Harrow update, I have had issues with the sealab tileset.  I play a mission, specifically a capture and within 5 minutes into the mission i start getting Frame stuttering until the game crashes and I get directed to the "hardware failure detection" web page.   I could not complete the chains of Harrow quest for THREE WEEKS because of this issue

My computer gets a good 30fps at 1920x1080 borderless fullscreen during gameplay.  I can get my FPS even higher if i lower the resolution.

IT IS NOT MY COMPUTER

I have literally done EVERYTHING suggested and even some other not so obvious things. I am Tech savvy enough to do all of this and I am so tired of the issue being MY computer and not what is happening I the mission and the game itself.  if it was any other mission or tileset I would be sure to blame my computer.

What have I done?

1) CPU or GPU over-clocked? No
2) A Device Drivers.  No, I updated all my drivers, even my bios.  The GPU, and anything else I can think of.
3) Faulty RAM.  Ran memtest and no faults detected.  I even upgraded my Ram just in case it might have been it. same issue
4) Corrupt or malfunctioning Disk.  No, I have no issue with my Hard disk
5) Overheating.  No.
6) Power Supply Problems.  As I have said, this computer is fine, it does not have issues except when playing in the Sealab tileset

7). Cleaning.  Did everything I could think up including the Registry

8) Virus/Malware/Adware Detection.  No problems.  use latest updated Avast and AVG

9) Update Your O/S.  Done.

10) Missing or corrupt system files.  None detected

11) Temperature.  Elevated, but not a major issue

12) GPU Stress Test. Ran FurMark, had low FPS, but no overheating went up from 45C to 46C after 15 minutes.

Short of getting a new computer, or taking my damn laptop over to Digital extremes to show them the problem that it is an issue THEY need to fix, I am all out of patience and ideas to solve this

On 9/15/2017 at 12:12 PM, -CM-Kinnison said:

Ever since the Chains of Harrow update, I have had issues with the sealab tileset.  I play a mission, specifically a capture and within 5 minutes into the mission i start getting Frame stuttering until the game crashes and I get directed to the "hardware failure detection" web page.   I could not complete the chains of Harrow quest for THREE WEEKS because of this issue

Hi -CM-Kinnison,

Just to confirm, have you tried to verify / optimize your Download Cache via. the Warframe launcher?
We are currently in the process of investigating this issue and it would be helpful to know if verifying and/or optimizing had any impact.

launcher01.png.9c939bf9f4d04e224db01bac9c45e69d.png

On 9/18/2017 at 2:53 PM, [DE]Dmitri said:

Hi -CM-Kinnison,

Just to confirm, have you tried to verify / optimize your Download Cache via. the Warframe launcher?
We are currently in the process of investigating this issue and it would be helpful to know if verifying and/or optimizing had any impact.

Yes, I did optimise and verify Download Cache before.  Zero change with either method.

As I have said.  there is something in the mission.  I get almost exactly 5 minutes into a Sea Lab Capture syndicate mission, and I get Frame stutter.  until a complete Freeze and Crash.  Usually, if I try to press ESC to adjust my settings or press F6 for a screen cap it will make it worse and sometimes will force the crash when the "Shutterclick" sounds happen when you do screenshots or the Game options UI appears.

I am now starting to see it happen on Corpus ship Mobile Defense  Syndicate missions, at about 5 minutes in the same issue will happen. Frame stutters, temporary freezes with the video, and then eventually a hardware crash.  Strangely during the "Freeze" I will still get ambient sound and maybe alarms happening, Regardless, the Freeze will lead to a game crash, freeze up my computer

I just ran CC Cleaner and still have the issues

Edited by -CM-Kinnison

On 9/19/2017 at 2:37 AM, Urlan said:

What Video card are you using right now? I have seen this kind of thing happen with memory overflow of the Video Ram. Does the crash give any errors or does the logfile give any hints in your case so far?

Log file does not give any hints, except it seems to have issues loading some files.  and the Crash just takes me to the "hardware failure detected" page.  I am not even getting a Crash report on my computer

WAR-1416260

On 9/23/2017 at 3:29 AM, Urlan said:

Which GPU are you running if I may ask? It could be something we could search on based on the graphics card.

NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M with updated drivers.  At optimal settings, i can run the game at 1280x720 resolution with over 60fps.  I have had NO issue before like this the chains of harrow update, except a crash when I get into a late game around 60 minutes or more in a survival

On 9/18/2017 at 2:53 PM, [DE]Dmitri said:

Hi -CM-Kinnison,

Well, on a whim since the crashes were getting worse i decided to verify the download cache again, and not the launcher crashes.  goes to 100%, restarts, and stops at 5% then takes me to the "Hardware failure detected" webpage.  I submitted a support ticket #957646 and crash report  WAR-1416260

So.. i guess my problem is now solved since I cannot play the game anymore :sadcry: