Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TennoGen Round 10 - Halloween Edition!

[DE]Taylor

Im pretty disappointed in the Halloween tennogen picks but I guess that's what got done in time for this round. Didn't know all this time that the graxx skins had a Halloween theme to them...or why we needed another one. I feel like other creators are getting overlooked because we need another graxx skin...for some reason.

Edited by RoninJed

38 minutes ago, RoninJed said:

Im pretty disappointed in the Halloween tennogen picks but I guess that's what got done in time for this round. Didn't know all this time that the graxx skins had a Halloween theme to them...or why we needed another one. I feel like other creators are getting overlooked because we need another graxx skin...for some reason.

Im really surpised the Atlas Graxx Skin got in, I mean I get what Faven_PS was going for with the Bloody Face Mask Design. But I'm really disappointed that the Oberon Wendigo, Mirage Mithra, or even any trinity skin didn't get in.

17 minutes ago, (PS4)thegodofwar12345 said:

Im really surpised the Atlas Graxx Skin got in, I mean I get what Faven_PS was going for with the Bloody Face Mask Design. But I'm really disappointed that the Oberon Wendigo, Mirage Mithra, or even any trinity skin didn't get in.

It's been 9 rounds and people still can't grasp that the main criteria is - does the skin actually works/ready to import or not. Not how it looks (for the most part) or which frame it's for.

That being said, it's sad that so few got in considering how many skins are on the steam for halloween especially.

Edited by -Temp0-

1 hour ago, -Temp0- said:

It's been 9 rounds and people still can't grasp that the main criteria is - does the skin actually works/ready to import or not. Not how it looks (for the most part) or which frame it's for.

That being said, it's sad that so few got in considering how many skins are on the steam for halloween especially.

Majority of Halloween Tennogen stuff was rejected cause there was just "too much". 

20 hours ago, -Temp0- said:

Why if the reasons are clear and fixable creators don't get direct answer from DE? They make numerous changes and still they works aren't in game

21 minutes ago, texrei said:

Why if the reasons are clear and fixable creators don't get direct answer from DE? They make numerous changes and still they works aren't in game

I was under the impression that they only pick a certain number to be available in game. My assumption is that if a skin is more popular on steam, it is more likely to get selected. Dev's have final say of course.

As for not getting direct answers, I assume it is because the person/people designing the skins have to do it themselves. If DE is going to tell them how to do it, why not just make it themselves (based on community ideas)?

51 minutes ago, texrei said:

Well someone who made Trinity skin said he just never fixed it in the first place (at least yet) for example and it's been quite awhile already. And even if they will, they will only get a chance to resubmit it for next round - and when it comes to halloween well. The next round will be the next year.

Most people are probably also pretty unexperienced when it comes to making a model work in-game and do it as their hobby so it's not like all can fix whatever is wrong with the models so easily to begin with, it can take several tries until it will be actually ready.

I was under the impression that they only pick a certain number to be available in game. My assumption is that if a skin is more popular on steam, it is more likely to get selected.

That's not how it works.

If there's too many they will probably not be able to make every single one in the given time but there's no limit. All skins that meet requirements and ready to import will be accepted.

Edited by -Temp0-

There's a lot of assumptions in this thread. So let's clear some(most) of them up.

-First. There's not a set amount of items for each round. There's not a scenario where item X doesn't get accepted because item Y got accepted. (unless they are somewhat identical I guess but that hasnt happened so far).

-The critera to get accepted is based on;
       -1.Presentation. People keep ignoring this but a good presentation are more likely to get their attention and things off to a good start then some murky*** screenshots with bad                 lightning. If you can't get a good sense of the artwork quickly you're not going to go thru the trouble of importing it into game/setup just to be able to see if its good or not.
       -2.Do DE feel it fits their game.
       -3.Is it crafted well? Does it look ok up close and not like a trainwreck. Is the sculpting/linework tight and tidy enough.
       -4.Technical aspects like wheter the textures are done properly, tint mask done and your lowpoly version/Unwrap is done properly.

There's no grand conspiracy or something like that excluding X artist because of whatever. If things are technical/crafted well and still dont get in its a stylistic thing.

If it's stylistically right but never seems to get in, then its technical/craft issues that is hard to spot unless you've been doing this for a while. 

On 9/15/2017 at 7:46 PM, Polymelodic said:

I was so sure that her Sanguinaria skin will be included. If that helmet is not spooky, I don't know what is.

Thanks! I assume it was just that they decided she was too far divergent stylistically. Or it could be that they're justifiably worried about how unconventional the helmet is: while most people liked it, those who didn't tended to be really repulsed by it. If it's appropriate I'll post their explanation in my thread if or when I hear back from DE on it.

On 9/15/2017 at 9:16 PM, (PS4)thegodofwar12345 said:

Real disappointed that the "Wendigo Oberon" didn't make it

me too, but, you have to admit, the ones that got in are pretty great...this just gives them time to refine and make that sick oberon skin even more awesome for next round!

I wonder why nobodys made a successful skin for banshee. all the artists I have asked always answer with "well, I think the deluxe skin is better than the base model so I won't make a skin for her" or "I hate her boat feet". I find it kind of sad tbh. banshee has a more slender and strange figure unlike most warframes, but this just makes way for a more unique skin. her "boat feet" in particular are what really throws artists off when considering a skin for her, even though you won't see them , or notice them like 90% of the time. on the other hand her deluxe skin. though the deluxe skin is nice, it really isn't what it could have been. it feels more plastic and boring than the deluxe skin portrayed it to be. the deluxe had a cool arm unlike the tiny little thing with a hinge and a record on it. the dress actually looked like cloth in the concept and not like molten plastic. banshee really does have potential but artists just prefer to ignore her. she's not the only frame with a weird turn off: neckros is really skinny, ember and hydroid have huge thighs, nova has leg warmers built into her legs, rhino has tiny hands, mesa has split heels with a pointy knife thing in the back, and atlas has no neck.

so whats really keeping tennogen artists from making her a skin?

I wouldn't know. 

ps: sorry about my little rant I just would've thought banshee would have a skin by now instead of two helmets. 

26 minutes ago, (PS4)i7081277 said:

so whats really keeping tennogen artists from making her a skin?

I do not know about deluxe skin hype, but I prefer her prime version. It corrects almost all questionable part of the standard version.

I personally not afraid to make a skin for her or for Trinity, although not a Banshee\Trinity player, it would be a good challenge for me, the only thing for which I am worried whether it is suitable for prime version, since my Vauban and Amber are still not friendly to the prime detail T_T

YcHvKXq.jpg

On 9/21/2017 at 10:29 PM, (PS4)i7081277 said:

I wonder why nobodys made a successful skin for banshee.

Better question - why there is none? There was one, the author is apparently the same who did Trinity Jinsei skin, but for some reason he had his work removed from the steam. A pity it didn't get any development, i liked it. 

5pZDMOb.jpg