Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thanks For Watching Devstream #98!

[DE]Megan

It's incredible how many people tuned in and watched the Plains of Eidolon gameplay and reveals - thank you!!!!

Platinum Prizes:
Tgkaze
NaturalCandy
Daftcrow

Hydroid Prime Access: CBRIChart

Check out the overview here: https://www.warframe.com/news/devstream-98-overview

Edited by [DE]Megan
overview in OP
  • Like 6

Not so much as a Question but some critical thoughts on WF that I would love for you to cover, that I would love to have a DEV respond too.  Though I am getting a felling some of this may not be at all useful with PoE coming out.  I have longer posts on ideas but here is a short and sweet one.

Ok so I like WF a lot, and got into it about the time I figured out that WoW was designed for one toon.  I even made some Mastery vids and put them on my site which up tell then had been Blizzard games Only.  

Maybe it is ADHD dont know but I like to dabble whether its HOTS, Hearthstone, WoW, or Warframe I like options and I also like things to be in the game that I think would make sense.  But to be honest I also burned myself out a bit getting to rank 20 ish in 4 months back when.  I also happen to be on a Shadows of Morodor kick ATM... it happens.  Some games like Warframe I have always planed on coming back to but keep waiting for the few things that fit me.  And before the White Knights go it to apoplectic shock. I am totally aware how much work they put in, and that I don't have to play.  This is more like a wishlist that I think would benefit a lot of folks. 

Here are the top three things I would love to see that would probably keep a alcoholic happy:

One, your load-outs have stopped in number but you keep making new frames so you keep seeing (often) similar top 10 frames.  I have a Fire chicken, she has a firechicken and probably everyone else as a example of what is in probably alot of 10 top load-outs.  I want to see one per frame.  I think this would benefit the game, I think you could give us 10-20 free slots and then make the rest 5 plat each.  Not the gamers fault you have stopped giving ups room to try new things.  And in a quick game like this it needs to be load-outs. 

Two, MMO's are living games, I don't consider a system that has been in place for years Beta... Like The lens afinity types.  Though most love Naramon I think some of us would use the others IF they were tied to load-outs.  Sure make us spend the points in the operator mode whatever.  But in a quick game its not only inconvenient and slow to switch every-time some of us never switch in fear we may forget.  I am old I dam sure will forget which I am using unless I can save it to a frame.  I think this is way overdue and could be fairly easily implemented, just like number one.

Three, with part of its roots in shooters and part in MMO's I don't see why we don't have more of the stuff that fits most shooters and MMO's customization UI settings and stuff like different huds and targeting sights to choose from. 

And one for the road.  Diablo 3 which a few people play let the player customize which position (1-4) a skill is in.  I think some of us that love multiple frames might appreciate changing Each frames ability number not just all.  Like maybe I would like my stealth ability in the same place on Loki, Ivara and Ash... just saying as a operator that controls space ninjas I think I could figure out how to customize all three to fit me better.

Also I am guessing this Chains of Harrow and Tenno.con coming up keeps everyone way busy but I had planed on posting this on Twitch with DE_Steve but hard to catch a space ninja...

Have a great game day!

BlizArmy.com

Hey DE team, the stream was great. Love every second of the Plains gameplay.

I personaly love Steve's admiration for the artwork. He's allways asking to slow down the pace and show something of the hardwork put into the enviroment and lighting. Eidolons is that, a masterpiece, a work of true art.

I feel like I'm wasting everyone's time trying to bring the "balance" argument at this point, perhapes you guys want to introduce a tier system, but this is just speculation on my part. But if you still want to take balance in concideration then please consider what I'm about to say.

I'm looking forward to the focus rework, the system has these massive gaps of passives and minor buffs that hardly take any effect vs passives like shadow step, Madurai's passive damage boost, and zenurik's energy regen, which are game changing. And I'm looking forward to the rework because of that. Then you said it will likely shift its effects into the operator instead of the frames. Don't get me wrong, I want to see the operator being more active, but that means you are also cutting a huge deal of support to some of the frames in the game. And that's where my balance argument comes in...

Who are the frames that are not going to feel that loss? Every frame that uses a toggle ability and that doesn't benefit from the damage boost from madurai's school. Ember, Octavia, Equinox. And who are going to miss it? Volt, Mag, Frost etc almost every other frame in the game... even Excalibur, who can't benefit from zenurik's passive but can benefit from Madurai's damage boost to their ults instead. Do you actually see what's happening here? This is going to increase drastically the gap betwen the "party poopers" (Ember, Octavia, Equinox) and "the rest". Volt and Mag for instance (there are many others) are frames that NEED to damn their own efficiency to the ground so they can boost the F*** out of power Strength just so they don't fall behind too hard. And you are going to cut their energy support. Once again, instead of addressing the frames who break balance and make people like me quit 23% of the matches they are in, you are going to propose a rework that further hurts precisely the people who can't stand playing next to those warframes.

All things considered, I'm not really against removing the passives. But I'm concerned that this will have a side effect of widening the gap between the overpowered party pooper frames (Ember, Octavia and Equinox) and the rest, and I'm not seeing the development team do S#&$ for the sake of balancing it out.

Edited by Duduminador
  • Like 1

Loved this stream. The reveals, the intense gameplay out in the Plains (hopefully optional to ramp it up with solo or low squad member count), the sounds of the market of Cetus, Glass Frame's abilities' functions, visual and audio. This was what a Devstream should feel like.

That said, more beer for the boys if y'all can keep this up, I'll be watching!

I really want to try "Plains of Eidolon" but unless you come up with something to adequately replace Zenurik's Energy Overflow without having to resort to those awful arcanes, this MR 22 (soon to be MR 23) player will have little interest in the grind that will be necessary to get to MR 24. My Steam backlog will look a LOT more attractive. Please don't let that happen.

Edited by WidescreenRules

I would settle for enough load outs to equal our frames, and 1/3 our weapons in Riven cap. Since it is clear they really reworked lenses and from the direction as it sounds is more based on the operator and less on the frame... which is totally not what I was hoping for..but we shall have to wait and see.  I can say this, I will not buy any more frames or farm then until we have more load outs... Since I really don't really care at this point about mastery bait.

As someone who loves Shadow Step due to how it allows me to actually do Sorties stuff (as I lack the endo and credits to rank up my mods.), getting rid of it puts me at quite a serious disadvantage.

I can still do the Sorties, but they'll be a lot harder/more tense, which I'm not a fan of.

Hopefully the rework replaces it with something that makes up for it, or even better keeps it, but eh.

I'm suddenly much more excited for the new Glass Warframe now that it has been shown in-game. On conception, I wasn't all that interested because nothing really stuck out in its design (It was basically a female Rhino with glass bits tacked on) but the visuals of the glass shattering and the sound effects have really piqued my interest. (Strongly reminded me of Guild Wars 2 Mesmer shatters) I was also feeling the same way with Harrow and now he's one of my mains.

One misgiving I have is the kit seems a little directionless so I hope it will be designed as some kind of Ice Shatter Mage. (Freeze enemies and shatter them for major damage) That seems like what would fit the current kit.

Edited by Liacu