Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #98 Overview

AM-Bunny

31 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

They can gut zenurik for all i care. As long as we get a way to have passive energy regen, outside of the aura that only gives a measly amount of course, it'll be totally fine. I don't want to imagine playing chroma again without energize or passive energy regen. Again because playing chroma before focus and without carrier was impossible. And with carrier it was extremely rough keeping up the energy especially with leech eximii around or when you have to melee a nullifier.

All i know is that energy overflow overall increased my enjoyment and kept it up for a LONG time. Judging by the amount of negative responses, shocks and also upvotes given on certain posts in certain threads months and years ago regarding zenurik, i'm definitely far from being alone on that. Either way, i was preaching for a whole focus rework as well. But that doesn't have to mean to remove completely everything. The solution for when only 2 things are good (i will agree that shadow step is broken though) is not killing these 2 things. Anyway, as long as we get an alternative that is not related to focus, things can be still fine. Otherwise i will just see it as playing frames and effectively using abilities will get very frustrating or expensive. And many abilities that are too gimmicky or costy for what they do won't be ever cast again e.G: Null star, ice wave, freeze, fireball, fire blast, silence, tesla, minelayer i could go on and on.

In short: No fun allowed. Only the most useful abilities will get cast just like in the old days of how you needed mods for your abilities and people only had the 3 and 4 on frost or only desecrate on nekros...

Pretty much ALL of this.  Straight up removing the energy regen is going to hinder many frames - especially the cast-heavy ones.  Energy orb drops are not reliable enough as a steady source of energy, and that's before you factor in all of the energy-draining / ability-denying units that counter energy.  I do not want to be forced to rely on energy pizza spam, feeling the need to have energy siphon on a majority of frames, or being constantly bottle-fed energy by a trinity like how it was before the focus system.  It's also worth noting that Trinity has already been noted to be getting a nerf/rework down the road so who knows how long she will even be a reliable source.  Sure, many of us played in those days before focus and zenurik's regen... but after playing with the freedom that the energy regen allowed, it would simply not be enjoyable to return to playing like that again.  Rip the focus system apart, because i do agree it is sorely needed, but for the love of god, please give the warframes some sort of passive energy regen to compensate.

We need to remove energy restores as well because having those is no different to Zenurik overflow. Its so OP and it makes energy reduction sorties a complete waste of time. We still have Trin for the current time but she will get nerf as well. I mean we have OP guns so why do we even need energy in the first place? :D

1 minute ago, --Nef-Anyo-- said:

We need to remove energy restores as well because having those is no different to Zenurik overflow. Its so OP and it makes energy reduction sorties a complete waste of time. We still have Trin for the current time but she will get nerf as well. I mean we have OP guns so why do we even need energy in the first place? :D

Energy is over rated they should just give us 300 energy at the start of the mission and that's it just 300 energy at the start and use it like with care every ability matters also they need to remove EV from the game because it ruins the immersion of the game and we all know trinity hasn't been nerfed in a while.

2 minutes ago, S0V3REiGN said:

Can they at least buff energy siphon? At least make it a flat +1. I'll gladly equip it more often on my caster frames and I am damn sure that the nerf hammer is coming after EV trin.

Energy syphon should do just that. Syphon energy from some source like leeches do. Increase energy gains, but need some catalyst like elemental procs to fuel it.

EV will probably be converted to dropping energy orbs rather than than the energy pulse IMO. Won't be neutered too much. Her first ability has a similar mechanic with the augment where it drops health orbs. Blessing will probably have instant health restore removed to reduce redundancy because of her 1, but some sort of health buffer along with the protection ward added in.

Very concerned with the focus change/nerf.

Why? Kuva farming. If we are forced to play as the operators to damage the kuva/guardians ... ugh. More forced operator stuff, though. It feels like DE is in love with their emotional, mentally unstable, hero-children. It's like an anime up in here.

This is great and all but learning that id lose my instant revives completely ruined my day. I just finished leveling my last weapon the other day too but that just feels crappy now. I was really excited for plains and also for this devstream. Not so much anymore. There is still some hype left but I will miss vazarin for sure.

Edited by Scimitar2976

Right now Kuva and rng rolls of rivens is just the biggest grind ever with no skill other than luck. I mean its bad enough getting multiples of the same riven like primed lazer but then need to farm kuva on top of rng? No thanks. Right now this is far worse than the current rework of focus. 

1 minute ago, Scimitar2976 said:

This is great and all but learning that id lose my instant revives completely ruined my day. I just finished leveling my last weapon the other day too but that just feels crappy now. I was really excited for plains and also for this devstream. Not so much anymore. There is still some hype left but I will miss vazarin for sure.

I'm Voting DE as presidents of my country so they can nerf the caffeine in my coffee next :highfive:

1 hour ago, Kinetos said:

Yup, crutches are gone, so now they can fix the broken leg instead of leaving us on crutches maybe. 

Crutches exist to take pressure off of a broken leg so it CAN heal, so the broken leg should be fixed before the crutches are removed. I can only hope DE keeps this in mind so we don't "re-injure" the same "leg".

18 minutes ago, --Nef-Anyo-- said:

Dream on this is Beta you wont get a single penny. 

Hehe but DE honored the first people who completed the hema research requirements. Why couldn't DE have said that to the few clans who completed the research for hema instead of upsetting a much larger portion if the Warframe community. I don't expect any reimbursement just pointing out how the "it's beta" excuse gets used when it's convenient for DE I guess. 

1 minute ago, RoninJed said:

Hehe but DE honored the first people who completed the hema research requirements. Why couldn't DE have said that to the few clans who completed the research for hema instead of upsetting a much larger portion if the Warframe community. I don't expect any reimbursement just pointing out how the "it's beta" excuse gets used when it's convenient for DE I guess. 

DE always does this stuff. Same as when the tonkor and symulor were nerfed they just gave 1 forma to us who put 6 on them, that guy will never see "his" plat.

They probably will allow you to remove the lens without destroying but it doesn't mean they will give you a plat amount for the lens already purchased. It would be like removing arcanes i would assume. 

1 minute ago, Tesseract7777 said:

DE understands the concerns of lens respec and said they would address this, it was in the reddit ama. 

Just now, --Nef-Anyo-- said:

They probably will allow you to remove the lens without destroying but it doesn't mean they will give you a plat amount for the lens already purchased. It would be like removing arcanes i would assume. 

Well I don't remember the exact quote, but the way I read it, the question was asking if you could at least take them off without destroying, and DE suggested a "respec". Which would mean they would likely give you a one time chance to change which focus school each of your equipped lenses is or something. The reason I read it that way, is because the guy was directly asking about removing them, and instead of saying "we will talk about allowing you to remove them", they basically said "we will talk about a respec". 

I hope in the end we won't be asking for a rework of a focus rework... this one already took for ages. I hope the warrior mode is worth it and has other uses other than fighting the big guys. I mean why put so much content into operators if we will continue to use them like 5% of the time? Taking away focus abilities that we use now 99% of the time and brining new arcanes, something we'll have to grind for, so we can spend 5 min in an operator mode? The warrior mode must be good than right? I really hope so. I know they have said you can use the warrior mode outside of plains, but you can use current operators outside of the kuva siphons, but the problem is they do jack S#&$. Is the warrior mode gonna be effective in other tile sets in the fast passed missions or are we going to be using it for only ONE BOSS FIGHT!!!!! 

Pleaseeeeee let it be worth it. Please don't F*** this update up. This devstream hasn't hyped me for the update, just gave me worries.

2 minutes ago, PakkiTheDog said:

I hope in the end we won't be asking for a rework of a focus rework... this one already took for ages. I hope the warrior mode is worth it and has other uses other than fighting the big guys. I mean why put so much content into operators if we will continue to use them like 5% of the time? Taking away focus abilities that we use now 99% of the time and brining new arcanes, something we'll have to grind for, so we can spend 5 min in an operator mode? The warrior mode must be good than right? I really hope so. I know they have said you can use the warrior mode outside of plains, but you can use current operators outside of the kuva siphons, but the problem is they do jack S#&$. Is the warrior mode gonna be effective in other tile sets in the fast passed missions or are we going to be using it for only ONE BOSS FIGHT!!!!! 

Pleaseeeeee let it be worth it. Please don't F*** this update up. This devstream hasn't hyped me for the update, just gave me worries.

I smell another fail like Archwing fun for the first 10 minutes and then you wont touch it for the next 6months.