Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #98 Overview

AM-Bunny

3 hours ago, Heatnix. said:

Very concerned with the focus change/nerf.

Why? Kuva farming. If we are forced to play as the operators to damage the kuva/guardians ... ugh. More forced operator stuff, though. It feels like DE is in love with their emotional, mentally unstable, hero-children. It's like an anime up in here.

Yep. Won't touch the focus once the update lands.

First of, holy sht does glass frame looks great.

The jobs on cetus certainly looks interesting and less of a 'just kill everything' kinda deal

And lastly, i dunno why or how octavia gets a deluxe before volt, but i guess i don't really mind b'cause she looks sick af. Mag looks rather a little too bulky (since she was mostly originaly petite), i feel like her shoulder and head piece are too big. But i mostly liked it.

I'm surprised Operator overhaul would land with PoE too, but a future update where they've stopped being kids, having a more independence from Lotus, changing the silly dialogues and more grown-up appearance (Because Fashion) in the future would be amazing as an update.

Glass Frame new helmet is looking neat, hope the ability scales well. Looking like a CC/Damage frame akin to Frost. But perhaps more mobile?

8 hours ago, RAZORLIGHT said:

no more energy overflow?

you should better rework the whole energy system then!

or no more energy but cooldowns (cooldown reduction instead of energy efficiency)

No way, I can't stand cool downs, and this would completely hurt the flow of the game even more.

Edited by UrielColtan

9 hours ago, AM-Bunny said:

Fair, but there's already an entire modding system devoted to Warframes. And Arcanes. One of the main things that they deliberated about with when developing Focus was making it feel like a distinct and separate system. If it simply adds a new way to buff Warframes, it's not particularly innovative. I support it having its own niche in the game.

It will be interesting to see the reaction. I have a very loyal personality so when I chose Naramon after completing Second Dream, I stuck with it -- it just happened to be one of the strongest schools. But I've never used Energy Overflow consequently and gotten by fine without it. It's definitely possible. I drop Energy Pads now and then, but they're easy to come by.

As someone who didn't farm Focus enough to even get much of those Focus benefits, I'd have preferred if Focus was MORE relevant to the Warframe so as to make Focus really matter to me, as the benefits felt too low and too grindy and ultimately too boring to be able to fully appreciate it as it was, from my experience. Making it solely for Operators now instead is really making it look unappealing. The Operators, which tended to rub me the wrong way for a while.

I had only been tolerating them to this point because I could basically forget about them, but now this? Your 4 Warframe abilities and minor passives are already too minimalist, and the name of the game is Warframe, not "Emo Kid", who I would probably have less issue with thematically if they could be older in appearance(Optional. Hell, better appearance in general, especially in regard to hair, because the choices for brothers like me, aren't too appealing.), and were just people wearing the Warframe as armor, Hayden Tenno style, like what I was sold on in the early promotion.

Or at the very least have the Operator be able to optionally incorporate themselves and their Warframe as fast and fluidly/seamlessly as Jojo Stands, if one desires. A cool feature of some Jojo games was the ability to not only fight with your stand but to also fight just as your stand while the user hanged back(or in the operator's case, they can simply be inside the Warframe, obviously.) Perhaps even take some cues from Persona as well, but still allow focus to have some substance for the Warframe itself. 

Edited by UrielColtan

5 hours ago, Epsilon_Knight said:

They could also be arcanes for frames, I guess, unless DE wants to do away with those.  Either way, they only said Focus was now about the operator, arcanes clearly don't have to be operator-effect-only since DE themselves just said they would look at moving the old passives into them.

They said that at least some of the new craft-able arcanes are for installing in the Operator's cosmetic gear rather than the warframe. The AMA implies that the operator arcanes could give off effects for the team, with the example being the Zenurik energy on the ground for a few seconds modifier that gives what? 24 energy per activation? Energy Surge I believe, they mentioned that something akin is being brainstormed for the Operator. That doesn't say it would effect operator's energy or warframes. Another idea on that thread was Void dashing through enemies causing such an effect with some duration wait method connected.

9 hours ago, AM-Bunny said:

Focus Rework
• Rework is coming with Plains of Eidolon
• All Focus points gained until now will be refunded
• The new Focus mode will revolve on the physical Operator that you play as rather than the 'Ghost mode' and Warframe that Focus currently augments 
• Focus will make your Operator more combat-oriented, adhering to a different combat role depending on the school
• None of the old Focus system will remain -- Energy Overflow and Shadow Step are gone
• More details will be revealed in a coming Dev Workshop

Well, the operator better be @(*()$ powerful then. Also, I don't see why they have to get rid of passives. They could still retain passives and create a way for the focus schools to turn operators into soldiers at the same time. 

I don't know, and I don't mean to be mean, but this overhaul of the focus system worries me...

I really hope DE reconsiders their stance concerning this and pays attention to the side of the community that is still quite skeptical of operator combat and the general angsty, bizarre nature of the "child" operators. 

I just worry that DE is so consumed with PoE they're forgetting about how the other 99% of the game works and the struggles players face on a daily basis...

Edited by UmbraCorporation

27 minutes ago, NightBlitz said:

they never said that focus was going to be solely for operators now, just that it'd be more focused on them. obviously they'll have some more general use effects as well,

"Focus is now about your Operator with very little cross over to your Warframe. "

Just now, UrielColtan said:

"Focus is now about your Operator with very little cross over to your Warframe. "

try thinking a little will you? you get focus at the end of TSD, you dont get operator mode until the end of tww. obviously there will be some parts that are more general use.

5 minutes ago, NightBlitz said:

try thinking a little will you? you get focus at the end of TSD, you dont get operator mode until the end of tww. obviously there will be some parts that are more general use.

Try being less condescending. They are making it pretty clear that Focus has less relation, basically very little crossover to your Warframe. The complete opposite of what I wanted. But keep trying to dress it up as something else.

Edited by UrielColtan

Try being less condescending. They are making it pretty clear that Focus has less relation, basically little crossover to your Warframe. But keep trying to dress it up as something else.

you arent listening, unless they move focus to the end of tww, there WILL be atleast a few general parts of focus.  and moving it would require redoing the very end of TSD, because it would make the question part pointless. im simply using my head and applying some logic.

Question about the Mag Deluxe skin. Will the scroll work be on a separate color shader than the rest so we can actually control that, or will it be like the Tekelu skins and just be shipped as one piece?

Question on the operator armor. Not a fan of Teshin's set. Will their be other sets with other helmets that have distinctly different styles? We saw some of the pieces in the dev stream, but only really one set of hats. The other sets look rather the same. D:

Edited by Cortanis

11 minutes ago, NightBlitz said:

you arent listening, unless they move focus to the end of tww, there WILL be atleast a few general parts of focus.  and moving it would require redoing the very end of TSD, because it would make the question part pointless. im simply using my head and applying some logic.

You are being condescending by pretending you are the only one using their brain.

The Second Dream quest does not guarantee anything, they are smashing Focus with a hammer. They have established that Focus has less crossover with the Warframe and that abilities are being scrapped. Why pretend that the quest is going to honor the same things when we already know they are removing things? Some use of your brain.

Edited by UrielColtan

You are being condescending by pretending you are the only one using their brain.

The Second Dream quest does not guarantee anything, they are smashing Focus with a hammer. They have established that Focus has less crossover with the Warframe and that abilities are being scrapped. Why pretend that the quest is going to have the same things when we already know they are removing things? Some use of your brain.

now you're being condescending. you really think that they'll remove the big reward from TSD completely? that'd be like moving rivens to the end of the sacrifice when it comes out, only worse. they aren't going to do that.  if they did, the only thing you'd get from TSD is a couple weapons and another thing to decorate, which you wouldn't even be able to do anything else with until you complete TWW. less crossover does not mean no crossover, it just means its more focused on the operators, not necessarily focused solely on them. sure, it might be 80-90% operator stuff now, but that by no means means that there will be absolutely nothing that affects frames. the system doesn't have to be one or the other you know.

7 minutes ago, UrielColtan said:

The Second Dream quest does not guarantee anything, they are smashing Focus with a hammer. They have established that Focus has less crossover with the Warframe and that abilities are being scrapped. Why pretend that the quest is going to honor the same things when we already know they are removing things? Some use of your brain.

Because DE themselves said there are some parts of Focus that is still dedicated to the "Ghost Operator". Yes, most of them are for the physical operator, but a small part is still on the ghost part.

Bunny doesn't mention it, but the official overview from [DE]Taylor said something about it. Here is the direct quote:

· Moving away from the “Ghost Operator” unlocked in The Second Dream (still small section that will be dedicated to it), but the majority of this system will be focused on the “Physical Operator” that is obtained after completing The War Within.

4 hours ago, UmbraCorporation said:

Well, the operator better be @(*()$ powerful then. Also, I don't see why they have to get rid of passives. They could still retain passives and create a way for the focus schools to turn operators into soldiers at the same time. 

I don't know, and I don't mean to be mean, but this overhaul of the focus system worries me...

I really hope DE reconsiders their stance concerning this and pays attention to the side of the community that is still quite skeptical of operator combat and the general angsty, bizarre nature of the "child" operators. 

I just worry that DE is so consumed with PoE they're forgetting about how the other 99% of the game works and the struggles players face on a daily basis...

A little worried that it will become an overblown "Lord of the Flies/Lost Boys" situation and that the Warframe Brand will suffer?

It's a legitimate concern.

The game does need to evolve, both in terms of gameplay and business model, to grow and survive, so now "The Sacrifice" becomes an extraordinary moment that DE must deliver on in terms of Warframe backstory.

It is critical that Warframes stay relevant.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73