Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #98 Overview

[DE]Taylor

2 minutes ago, HyokaChan said:

I'm playing Warframe. I want to play in my Warframe, not my Operator. ._. Please make more options to boost warframe performance like old focus.

This is what I want. I'm fine with them making Operators better, but old Focus is a beneficial utility for the Warframes, and by breaking Focus apart, they're removing something that is quite beneficial to the Warframes. I say this as a Vazarin user. It's not OP or imbalanced or cheese. It's very useful when I, or a Defense pod, or an Excavator, or a Hijack vehicle, is low on health. I'm not a fan of DE removing that.

7 minutes ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

That might come in the from of Arcanes in PoE. So let's just wait and see. 

To clarify: they said in the reddit AMA that they're already looking into putting together an energy regen arcane.

Further clarification: they also said that PoE arcanes will be built from resources mined in plains. Not from Trials.

Additional clarification: they also also said that these arcanes will be equipped on the operator and not on cosmetics.

3 minutes ago, Tain_OSkoom said:

To clarify: they said in the reddit AMA that they're already looking into putting together an energy regen arcane.

Further clarification: they also said that PoE arcanes will be built from resources mined in plains. Not from Trials.

Additional clarification: they also also said that these arcanes will be equipped on the operator and not on cosmetics.

Gotcha thanks for the clarification 

Please halt development of any more focus on playing as the operator. I, like many of the people responding above, play this game to play as a warframe. I don't want to be forced to play as the operator at all, any missions and quests that involve the operator should be strictly optional. Playing as the operator in The Second Dream and The War Within was unpleasant at best, but I got through it because I thought I would only have to deal with it once. Combat as an operator sounds extremely boring and I imagine it will be just as clunky as everything operator-related has been in the game so far. 

Furthermore, you really need to leave the current focus system as it is. I like the idea of having the focus abilities enhance and compliment my warframe, and won't touch the system if it is revamped to be set up as operator abilities. I think this new focus on the operator is a massive mistake and will ruin the gameplay for most of the people who play.

I enjoyed the Dev stream immensely though there were a few things I found of concern, those being:

Greater Lenses/Focus Points

Im fine having to move all my focus points around and whatever but my CONCERN is all the platinum Ive spent on greater lens for nearly EVERYTHING I use. Most of them Zenurik because energy consumption for some frames is just about as irritating as operators are in general.

I don't trade for platinum, I buy it (and PA) to support the game. Points being removed I can deal with.. what about the lenses I'd spent money on specifically so I could rank my energy savings faster? I've basically spent money on.. things that do absolutely nothing to aide my energy regen even at all now?

Twitch "Drops" and "Warframe Partners"

Not really enjoying the angle of needing outside memberships to enjoy in-game perks, especially when they lead you towards "partners" some of whom are often-times savagely rude to the average player (especially if they have their own, smaller streams) and see themselves as above your rules, because they are "Warframe partners". You can't say anything critical about them without backlash, and now we're subtly directed to watch them if we want to gain something in a game we love?

An honest and critical suggestion would be to review your "partners" again before lumping this onto your community. I'm sure I'll garner hate for even saying so but franky, sick of some of their attitudes. They are players, like the rest of us. You know, in case some of them have forgotten.

Operators

Still look like children (where is the option for adult players that don't enjoy running around like emo 13 year olds?)
Still "required" for major parts of the game (when plenty of us have been asking for the focus to be put back on the Warframes so we aren't stuck running around as pajama teens)

The story behind them is great, however being basically forced to use them (unless you want to miss chunks of your fav game) is not great, even at all. Personally, Im here to play Warframe, in my Warframes, that I spend time modding and shoving forma on and ranking and modding again.

Plz dont force me to play Operator.

I choose my Warframe, Skins, Weapon Loadout etc. for a reason.

All the Arguments against Archwing (Except Flying) are counting against the operator too.

Players dont like their Weapons and Abilities replaced with some standard stuff (even if that may be customizable via new focus tree).

Any System that AUGMENT my Warframe Powers and Weapons is great (like the current Focus)

Any System that REPLACES my Warframe Powers and Weapons is a general bad design Decision, because it breaks with the Headline of this Game "Being a cool Space Ninja".

I have lived through this in Wow (Lich King Addon: Malygos and Oculus instances where you get to ride Dragons and all your stuff is replaced with the Powers of the Dragons) and even Blizzard had to admit, that replacing Player Classes ist bad Design no matter "how cool".

Edited by TenStorms

13 hours ago, (PS4)QuantumSatori said:

Furthermore, you really need to leave the current focus system as it is. I like the idea of having the focus abilities enhance and compliment my warframe, and won't touch the system if it is revamped to be set up as operator abilities. I think this new focus on the operator is a massive mistake and will ruin the gameplay for most of the people who play.

While I agree that the Focus system should still have abilities that complement the Warframes over the operators, I strongly disagree with leaving the system as it is. There's only four useful passives in the entire system (Shadow Step, New Moon, Blazing Fury, and of course Energy Overflow). Out of those four, one of them is blatantly overpowered (Shadow Step), two of them have only niche uses (New Moon and Blazing Fury), and one of them is something so fundamental to the game that it's almost impossible to justify not using it (Energy Overflow). 

As much as I love Energy Overflow, it really needs to not be in the Focus system at all. It needs to be somewhere else, and I think putting it in Arcanes is probably the second best solution, after giving all Warframes innate energy regeneration. 

I don't really like the exclusively Operator focused direction that they seem to be taking with it, but I think that completely overhauling the system is overall a good move. I mean, I'd really like to use something besides Zenurik without my energy economy being utterly painful, and that can't happen as long as Energy Overflow exists and some other form of reliable, consistent energy gain doesn't. 

I have some problems with the twitch rewards as they have been presented. 

In order to get most of the rewards, we have to be lucky enough to be tuned in to a streamer who completes an achievement while we are watching. This brings up several concerns. We, as of now, have no idea when the update will happen, or when streamers will start rushing the new content. Achievements are a one-time thing; If you miss a streamer getting one, you missed it, no reward. Sure, you could watch multiple streams, but that brings up another point. If you're watching a streamer play the new content, there's about even odds that you aren't playing at the same time. So, you are either not really paying attention to the stream, which kind of defeats the purpose of tuning in in the first place. OR, you are watching and spoiling all of the new content for yourself, which, to be frank, sucks. 

I could probably go on in more detail about the things that bother me about this, but I think I covered the big stuff.

10 minutes ago, sh00chu said:

I have some problems with the twitch rewards as they have been presented. 

In order to get most of the rewards, we have to be lucky enough to be tuned in to a streamer who completes an achievement while we are watching. This brings up several concerns. We, as of now, have no idea when the update will happen, or when streamers will start rushing the new content. Achievements are a one-time thing; If you miss a streamer getting one, you missed it, no reward. Sure, you could watch multiple streams, but that brings up another point. If you're watching a streamer play the new content, there's about even odds that you aren't playing at the same time. So, you are either not really paying attention to the stream, which kind of defeats the purpose of tuning in in the first place. OR, you are watching and spoiling all of the new content for yourself, which, to be frank, sucks. 

I could probably go on in more detail about the things that bother me about this, but I think I covered the big stuff.

Yeh I think a LOT of people are missing THIS point:

Do I need to do anything specific to receive Twitch Drops?

When a Twitch Drop’s criteria has been met (ex: watching 60 cumulative minutes of Warframe streams while logged into a Twitch account that is linked to your Warframe account), you must simply be watching at the moment the Drop occurs in order to receive it.

I live in Aus. Whens this ever gonna happen? lol

Edited by Zanchak
cause Im slo