Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Companions (Kubrow) constantly stops responding during missions

MYSTICmayonaise

My Kubrow constantly stops moving during missions. 

No apparent reason why, just stops and stands in a spot, completely motionless for the duration of the activity, completing objectives/void relic fissures or anything else doesn't fix the issue. Nothing attacks the Kubrow, so it cant even get downed to reset it.

3rxDl7h.jpg

This is realy serious problem. This bug always gives me angry, because it happen almost every mission and make your little friend completely useless. My Kubrow just stuck on its position like AI just doesn't know what to do. Most frequently it happend before doors or on platforms or catwalks. I have Chesa kubrow, but i think its global problem, than just AI doesn't now if attack or loot. The only thing what can unstuck it is stomping moa or sometimes it's magicaly teleported to you if you are couple of tiles away. This bug needs to be repaired!

Can confirm, my Chesa Kubrow stopped everything shortly into a defense mission, except enemies attacked my kubrow, she just stood there surrounded by Grineer shooting her little canine face and doing nothing about it

Imgur album of bug in action on Heiracon, Pluto

https://imgur.com/a/AghIw

Edited by Zeata
Added screenshots of bug

This appears to happen to Kavats as well, she simply stayed like that since wave 11, even after reviving her. Seems like there's fewer and fewer reasons to use non-sentinels :/moVeRuw.jpg

Edited by Zeata
Spelling

I just got my Kubrow and have been leveling her up. This "idling" behaviour has been happening on average every 3rd mission. It seems completely random and they just stand there. They don't play any animations or activate any abilities, nor do they teleport to the player if enough distance is put between the two. My kubrow actually died as a result of this issue in one mission because I had to abandon her because of it. Close to the end of the mission I saw she had been knocked into the bleeding out state and was unable to get back to her in time to revive her. The last mission I was in I actually had to move around behind her so that enemies shooting me would hit her. Eventually she was knocked into the bleeding out state and I revived her; afterwards she behaved normally.

Can we at least get some kind of 'companion unstuck' command to reset them?

In the mean time, since I've gotten my Kubrow to level 30, I think I'm just going to have to leave her in stasis until this issue is fixed.

Confirming this myself too, with a charger. It's happened twice in a row, both times I was in the infested excavation mission on earth, once something hit her and she went back to normal (it was something that inflicted knockdown, I didn't see exactly what) the other time enemies ignored her. Here's hoping that it gets fixed soon!

Got the same problem here, my kubrow just top in the middle of it all, and do nothing, Dont even teleport to if you move away from it.

Use a Sahasa, so start to believe it to get stuck in the dig command, because every time it got hit by a knockback, become active again.

Then I try run it with out the dig mod, same problem.

I try run with a Raksa, and that one just run around and did what it should.

Then I try with then Sahasa again, with the dig mod. but doing a fight, I notice, that it attack a mob, but the mob just run past and got cut down by me. The kubrow then stop in its track.

With what Zeata is saying, I think HolmesCZ got the right idea, look like our melee companions, get stuck in there tracks, if they somehow "miss" a attack. And some one else kill there target, they are still lock on to that target, that are no longer there.

17 hours ago, Agilos said:

With what Zeata is saying, I think HolmesCZ got the right idea, look like our melee companions, get stuck in there tracks, if they somehow "miss" a attack. And some one else kill there target, they are still lock on to that target, that are no longer there.

An interesting theory. However, I'm not entirely sure of it as this issue happened to me a couple of times when I was not in combat. The first time it happened I believed it had just gotten stuck in the terrain, as when I noticed it wasn't following me I went back and found it buried up to the ears in a floor segment. When the issue happened a couple of more times I realised that it was not because of the terrain because his behaviour was the same, just standing there. And that first time was in a Grineer spy room where there were no enemies to attack. It happened in the same room again on another mission, although I don't know if he got buried in the terrain because I didn't go back that time.

I don't know what the issue is, but my experience leads me to believe it's not combat related.

I'm at a lose, did a survival, start out alone, and in the fight the kubrow stop doing anything,  then more players join in, and at some point, it got knock down, and it was active rest of the mission.

Did a defense mission after, also in a group, and it was active till the end.

Problem is, I have ben in group missions before, where the kubrow stop in its tracks.

Edited by Agilos
miss a word

I've been having this issue with my Helminth Charger (Based on Kubrow so it is possibly a larger issue) but what I have noticed is that it seems to get stuck when it is targeting something as that objects state changes. I've had it get stuck attacking a Corpus cameras, Grineer Lancers and Infested enemies so I am hesitant to look at level geometry alone. I have also had the issue with it facing a cache (maybe it was going to check if it was locked it but I opened it instead) and nothing I tried solved the issue.

I don't know much about AI, but surely it has some sort of "awareness" of the surroundings so it would be expected that it "targets" various things in the environment and checks their state. Alive, dead, open, locked, broken, active, dormant... Maybe something is a miss with the checks and it crashes, or sticks in a loop, causing it to stop responding? And some people have reported it coming back into action unexpectedly after being revived or knocked down or something of the sort and then it being fine for the rest of the mission.

There should be a "/unstuck" for pets that resets their AI, clears all targets and places them back on solid ground...

Hi,

I have this issue almost on every mission. Ive notice, that this bug appears when Kubrow want to use its abilities on object or enemies that dosent exist before its finish . Then Kubrow stays in stasis and not moving to end of mission.

Regards

AsNied

I've done a little bit of crude testing. So far I've gotten this bug reliably in earth missions, and it's never happened to me in other ones that I've noticed. However, I DID see it happen to someone else's Charger in a defense mission on a later planet (I'd have to check to figure out which one, sorry), so it's clearly not that simple. It's possible that there's several different bugs that all cause the same end result, or maybe some background element of Earth missions that exacerbates it, or any number of things.

In any case, I'm not sure that Warframe supports that kind of console command. as far as I know the only commands in game are chat-related, so there may not be a system set up for that kind of command. Plus, if they make that kind of script, it's likely that they could set something up to have it run automatically if the pet is inactive for too long. Honestly, that'd be plenty enough fix for me. It would be nice for this to be completely fixed, but even just a stopgap measure would be nice for now.

There's already an unstuck command for the player. I doubt it would be too difficult to fashion an unstuck command for an autonomous AI that isn't bound directly to the player's side like a sentinel is. As already stated above, if it is a targetting issue, a simple reset of the AI's targeting and placement would be a good stop-gap until the real issue is found and addressed. Since it's not certain what is causing it, it would no doubt require extensive time diving through who knows how much code to find, fix and test solutions. Unlike most other bugs, this one can't be replicated on command and thus can't be determined what is causing it. But 2-3 seconds of writing an /unstuckcompanion (for example) after finishing a fight or taking cover, now and again, wouldn't be that much of an inconvenience and would be enough to warrant bringing companions out of stasis for those of us who aren't using them until the problem is solved.

It may seem like a trivial issue, but it's really not. Companion AI's can play a vital role and if they are unreliable, then there is no point in using them. What good is a Kubrow used for stealth, or health recovery, or dps when there is the constant risk that at any time those aspects are needed they just pack up. And it's not even happening rarely. It's not every mission, but it's frequent enough to make a person stop and think "How much am I going to have to rely on my companion's abilities this mission and can I do without them if they freeze?"

Now, I'm no expert in coding, but I'm not completely oblivious to the simpler mechanics. All the command would need to do is identify the entity that is the player's companion and reset its current state to the default starting state if it passes a state check. Obviously some sort of state check would be needed to prevent people from making macros to just spam-reset their Kubrows and exploit the command.

But, for all I know, the problem might be much more complex and a simple unstuck command may not even be enough to solve the issue.

Edited by LSilvador

Wanted to support this thread. 

I've been having this issue as well and its extremely bad, the only way my pet gets unstuck is if they get knocked off by a Eximus AOE.  Its guaranteed to happen  all the time on Grinner Shipyard maps from my playthroughs.

Yep we all have this all the time, makes it kinda useless to have these kinds of helpers.

Is there a known issues thread that we can at least see if the game makers have acknowledged this problem?

Edited by schmotto

It would be fantastic if this bug was fixed with The Plains of Eidolon update. Although I have a feeling it won't. They should really be looking into game breaking bugs to fix during it. I know it's a marketing thing for the update. Still game breakers need to be resolved for players to enjoy the game. If there are to many in a game, I feel it loses credibility as a game and company. That's my opinion though. I'm also not talking about this one bug but all of them. For example the Shadow Stalker and Lephantis Issues.

I have also an interesting theory. This bug has happened to me before (personally). I was stuck in a mission once. Couldn't use abilities / attack / or guard. I was able to at the least walk in place, but that's it. I couldn't even switch my weapons. I could talk and see everything going around me though. The only way to fix this big was to die and respawn. This could be a similar issue to the kubrow but someone mentioned earlier on the comments that they were able to 'unstuck' their kubrow by reviving them whereas this bug would not fix even after reviving me when I was downed. I had to completely die and respawn. So much their flaws in that last bit but it could be a similar (desyncing?) problem.