The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Octavia Deluxe skin

MysteriousTenno

Yeah, i really like it a lot. Octavia became one of my favorite frames after I started using her because she is all around quite useful, for ally buffing and self buffing and enemy distraction in a lot of different applications. A deluxe skin just makes it all that much better, though more so curious how 1:1 the model will be translated from the concept to finished product.

14 minutes ago, Buff00n said:

To be honest, I prefer drum major style classic Octavia.  This concept looks cool, but aside from random speaker cones I don't get how it relates specifically to Octavia's theme.

Does Strega relate to being a healer? Does Asuri relate to creating antimatter?

Skins don't always have to fit some theme to be good.

1 hour ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Does Strega relate to being a healer? Does Asuri relate to creating antimatter?

Skins don't always have to fit some theme to be good.

You could make the case that Trinity Strega has an "angel" vibe with the halo.  Nova Asuri is literally covered with Null Star/Antimatter Drop balls.  They both accentuate something about the warframe's character.

Unless I'm missing something, this is just "infested warframe with speaker cones".  It strikes me as not only creatively uninteresting, but antithetical to Octavia's whole deal as a irreverent wub dropper.

Don't get me wrong, I'll definitely get it on day one.  But right now I don't see myself using it that much.

• 1 month later...
On September 16, 2017 at 8:13 PM, Buff00n said:

To be honest, I prefer drum major style classic Octavia.  This concept looks cool, but aside from random speaker cones I don't get how it relates specifically to Octavia's theme.

As opposed to a dead chicken skeleton with a "bird of paradise" plume on it's chicken-skull head? That creates a technocolor nightmare with her "sound" powers?

^Just proving we all have different tastes. 😁

I'm immensely impressed by this deluxe concept.  Top 3 as a "look".  Hopefully it retains in implementation.

30 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

As opposed to a dead chicken skeleton with a "bird of paradise" plume on it's chicken-skull head? That creates a technocolor nightmare with her "sound" powers?

Have you never seen a marching band?

I was in a marching band and grew up in the Midwest where the pageantry of High School football was king.  My parents were professional musicians in their youth.

I get the interpretation.

Go google bird skull and then throw a plume on top.  It's what I can't unsee.

The deluxe skin, to me, is an abstract, fluid representation of sound flowing around Octavia's body as it emanates forth.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

On September 16, 2017 at 7:42 PM, MysteriousTenno said:

OctaviaDeluxe.jpg

So beautiful, so gorgeous, so neat, so kawaii!!

DE please draw and create something similar to any male frame, like for example Wukong(or Volt "cough"). PLEASE! This technocyte infested style is so perfectly bombshell. Artist who draw this can take all my plats nao! Ty!

Would be great if it was a prisma skin the had "waves" of color that changed based on sound.