Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zephyr Rework

Flare_Eyes

- Possible Zephyr Rework -

Passive:  Holding Aim will make Zephyr stationary in the air allowing players to freely shoot enemies while floating. To achieve the aim glide just simply push any direction. To change the zoom in just simply hold shift while in the air. This can already be done in-game. Try aim gliding then hold shift. While in the air melee will function the same meaning looking directly down and using your melee will prompt a ground pound and meleeing in any direction will prompt the directional melee. 

1. Tailwind:  Casting Tailwind on the ground will knock enemies in range away from Zephyr. Casting Tailwind on the ground while  Turbulence is active will launch in range enemies to the air and be suspended moddable by duration. Casting Tailwind midair will create a wind vortex around Zephyr slashing enemies in range. Casting Tailwind midair while Turbulence is active will drag enemies with Zephyr (Similar to Hydroids ability Tidal Surge). Moddable by duration (increases time suspending enemies in the air and flight distance), Range (Area effect), Strenght (damage)

• Augment: Gale Aspect - Depending on Zephyrs Primary Weapon Highest Element will make the element on Zephyrs Tailwind [Default element: Magnetic] (Similar to Inaros Sandstorm Augment but uses Primary Weapons)

2. Tempest: Casting Tempest on the ground will create a horizontal wind that cuts through enemies. Casting Tempest midair will create a wind barrage. Moddable by duration (increasing the flight of the horizontal slash and the duration of barrage), Range (increase the size of the horizontal slash and the area effect of the barrage), Strenght (the damage done).

• Augment: Binding Gust - Enemies hit by Tempest will be imprisoned and put inside a wind bubble. wind bubbles behave similarly to Mistral by shooting the bubble will change the element. Enemies who approach the bubbles will be proc by any elements present in the bubble. (Default element: Magnetic) 

3. Turbulence - Casting Turbulence will create a shield of wind repelling bullets and slashing enemies close by (pretty much the same old Turbulence). Toggling Turbulence off will launch the remaining duration on the ability towards the area aimed at.Enemies hit will be suspended in the air.

• Augment stays the same

4. Mistral  - Casting Mistral on the ground summons tiny wind rollers that will seek out enemies and proc any element on the ability. Casting Mistral midair will summon a giant wind sphere that protects the area (think of it like a snow globe meets turbulence) repelling bullets and will proc any element on the enemies inside the sphere. Mistral element can be changed by shooting at the ability.

• Augment: Typhoon Wave  - Mistral will emit winds per 20s. Enemies hit by the winds are then suspended in the air.

- The idea for Zephyer's ability is to have different behavior casting the abilities on the ground and in the air. Using the aim to hold Zephyr in place while having Tailwind as a mobility if the player chooses to stay in the air. While not eliminating the core of Zephyrs abilities to the players who wish to play the Warframe on foot. Looking at her abilities, it's pretty much a hold skill meaning if you hold a skill an alternate effect will happen but instead of the hold aspect you do it in the air.

- Couldn't think of any other changes for Turbulence since it's a pretty solid ability to me.

- If you guys can think of any ability combos feel free. Was thinking something along the line of casting Tempest while Turbulence is active but couldn't come up with anything special.

3 hours ago, Flare_Eyes said:

1. Tailwind:

This is a variation of a suggestion both myself and @Thaylien suggested in recent rework threads. Well done. I like it as it meshes two skills together despite their co-dependencies for an effect they stand on their own. 

2. Tempest:

Tempest is yet another skill that tends to cultivate ideas already in existence but with your own style. I like it but would suggest that this skill be the one that drags enemies to location rather than tailwind. Tailwind while aerial acts more consistently in line with mobility and even with ragdoll effect, choosing where to send your enemies that doesn't involve your own repositioning grants more control but thats my own opinion there. Easiest example would be to suspend enemies in air and then cast Tempest to launch them off the stage rather that tailwinding yourself off stage to make them follow.

3. Turbulence needs bug fixes. I dont think the skill needs any other changes but the addition you added is very cool and I wouldn't mind it at all.

4. Mistral

This feels like the exact thing I suggested already.. O.o..

25 minutes ago, Flare_Eyes said:

It's good to see more of Zephyrs rework ideas in the forums. I really hope she gets her change sooner than later. Her deluxe skin has been in the works for quite some time now too and it's making it feel like Zephyrs just being neglected :sadcry:

Hey, I know you, my old clan leader used you as the example to newbies, I remember watching your streams a lot way-back-when ^^ Amazing to see you on here making threads about something I'm interested in.

I think the real problem with any rework we suggest, though, is that DE have already said they're going to be sticking in the current abilities and theme of the frame, not giving them new abilities...

As for being forgotten, actually if she's next up for a rework, then it's pretty much about the right time. The other frames that needed reworks desperately were Limbo, Hydroid and Oberon, Zephyr was just the least in need of one out of those four, so if she's next... yeah, that falls into place nicely.

The skin, though, that's a real issue for me. I work in a creative environment (I'm a designer and QC for a print business) and I know for a fact that the method that DE have done for producing Zephyr's skin is the exact wrong way to get something done. No matter how passionate an individual member of the team is on something, you cannot allocate them the task that would usually go to the entire design team as a 'passion project' that is going to be interrupted by the regularly scheduled work. If it's something he can only do in his 'spare time' then it can't be done during hours when there is any other work on, all other work is scheduled based on the current load, so he will never be able to do this during normal working hours. If DE wanted this thing to actually be done, and earn them money from plat sales, then they should have either allocated it to the design team as a scheduled update with a deadline, as per every other deluxe skin they're doing, meaning it gets out the door and stops interfering with other regularly scheduled projects, or they schedule the one person with an actual deadline and allocate him time during the regular day where he is exempt from the current workload to deal with it.

It's either/or. You give the guy dedicated time to work on it, or you schedule it through the traditional methods where the entire team works on it. That gets the work done. Other methods just cause disruption and delays, either to regular work, or the 'side project'.

And more to the point, I don't want just one person's view on the frame, I want there to be a few other hands in there, spotting the things he misses, covering the problems he's encountering, and actually producing a smoother overall skin with a more inclusive take on the frame's alt look.

[/rant]

Anyway, yeah, people like Renova and I have been on here a while, arguing, discussing, refining ideas based on things like 'console vs PC' and debating the merits of one or the other idea in comparison to existing kit potential. I'd be really happy if you did have time to take a look at our reworks, because I know you, like the people I used to run with, were considered high level back when that actually existed. Having the (much more so than me) experienced players look at the ideas might make the difference between DE looking at the ideas and accepting them, and DE not even seeing them.