Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

accelerant melee: jat kusar or silva & aegis prime?

NovusKnight

title says it all! I'm one of those crazy people who go full melee with ember. Those two weapons caught my attention due to their high damage, fire element, and overall stats. I just don't know what to pick:

-Kusar likely has way more range than silva, and CC with the charge attack.

-Silva has a lot more status and damage.

- Silva would seem like the better single target melee, but kusar has guaranteed bleed procs jn the stance - along with red crits.

-Silva seems easier to use, while the blade/hooks all ways felt wonky and hard to fully use.

keep in mind this is about their use with accelerant Ember, not typical uses. This means more specific modding.

4 minutes ago, DualParadox said:

Twin Basolk

with the augment to jump on people

remember that you don't need anyway a fire base weapon, you can use orthos prime and still get the bonus fire damage, you just have to care a bit if you put other elements (like if you put corrosive there should be no problem because you get corrosive+fire; if you put a single element the fire is gonna combine, so not so much extra damage)

I would pick Jat Kusar. Better crit scaling, better range and attack speed, and ignite doesn't stack (can only be refreshed), but bleed does.

On 9/17/2017 at 1:05 PM, Fiftycentis said:

remember that you don't need anyway a fire base weapon, you can use orthos prime and still get the bonus fire damage, you just have to care a bit if you put other elements (like if you put corrosive there should be no problem because you get corrosive+fire; if you put a single element the fire is gonna combine, so not so much extra damage)

Don't be silly. Accelerant does nothing for most of your damage if you use a physical weapon with corrosive+heat. It doesn't actually add any heat damage (not for you, even with the augment edit: checking the wiki, it seems this was changed recently). It multiplies what you already have. A pure heat build will do a lot more damage.

Edited by DreamsmithJane

8 hours ago, DreamsmithJane said:

Don't be silly. Accelerant does nothing for most of your damage if you use a physical weapon with corrosive+heat. It doesn't actually add any heat damage (not for you, even with the augment edit: checking the wiki, it seems this was changed recently). It multiplies what you already have. A pure heat build will do a lot more damage.

i was referring to flash accelerant of course, idk if it was changed but as fas as i know it always added fire damage to you, that get multiplied. Also, even if you are using a physical weapon with corrosive/fire without augment and i'm using an high damage weapon (like war or galatine prime) i can get close to the same heat damage of silva & aegis and still have other damage types

Jat Kusar. Buffing fire for a status weapon will make it proc more heat which is not usually what people look in a build despite the heat dmg increase. 

Jat Kusar which only procs due to the stance, will only gain the benefit of increased heat dmg without messing the proc pool. 

Only case would be if you want to build it for gas for instance where increasing heat wont affect the proc pool.

On 9/20/2017 at 2:48 AM, Fiftycentis said:

i was referring to flash accelerant of course, idk if it was changed but as fas as i know it always added fire damage to you, that get multiplied. Also, even if you are using a physical weapon with corrosive/fire without augment and i'm using an high damage weapon (like war or galatine prime) i can get close to the same heat damage of silva & aegis and still have other damage types

nah when it first came out flash accelerant only gave caster casting speed. wasnt till later that ember would also get the bonus heat dmg.

personally I use twin basolk on my accelerant ember...simply because i like teleporting all over the place. (course jat kusar has me questioning changing since the charge attack on that is so much fun as well)

35 minutes ago, Ordosan said:

nah when it first came out flash accelerant only gave caster casting speed. wasnt till later that ember would also get the bonus heat dmg.

probably it's because of this that i was like, nah, useless augment, then after like a lot i saw a thread about a flash accelerant ember, i looked back at the augment and i was, oh, cool

anyway in the meanwhile i realized that yes, a pure fire weapon is going to have more multiplied damage on enemies caught by accelerant, but if you are using a duration build, i don't think you are gonna spam it so much that every enemy is always covered in accelerant, so i still think that a non pure fire weapon is better. Or twin basolk to blink around

On 9/21/2017 at 12:34 PM, Fiftycentis said:

probably it's because of this that i was like, nah, useless augment, then after like a lot i saw a thread about a flash accelerant ember, i looked back at the augment and i was, oh, cool

anyway in the meanwhile i realized that yes, a pure fire weapon is going to have more multiplied damage on enemies caught by accelerant, but if you are using a duration build, i don't think you are gonna spam it so much that every enemy is always covered in accelerant, so i still think that a non pure fire weapon is better. Or twin basolk to blink around

ya i run half durration build. since as you said, if you arnt spamming it then things arnt going to have it on all the time, and 15 seconds is PLENTY of time to kill off anything thats marked. so i can reapply.

Most of the damage on the kusar comes from the slash procs as you said it yourself.

In fact, i mod my kusar to boost its base damage as high as possible through crit mods, condition overload and a damage/crit damage riven; it makes no use of any elemental mod whatsoever. (Everything that increases base damage strengthens proc damage, elemental mods do not.)

That alone grants me 40k slash proc ticks once set up, making accelerant and heat damage completely redundant, if not useless.

---

The silva and aegis on the other hand, once modded for corrosive can easily apply it making enemies more susceptible to all sources of damage and ultimately weak to heat, once all of their armor has been removed, even though they'll be probably dead way before that happens.

Long story short: Kusar doesn't need ember or accelerant and they don't complement each other, the kusar is downright powerful on anyone's hands and it's nothing to do with heat damage; the silva can complement ember prime and vice versa, which is why i have it on my ember p loadout.

Edited by (PS4)cdzbrbr