Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

War Within Operator bUg

ss4chris

Question

So I just  started getting back into the game tonite and my friend said i should do the war within quest. I was at the part where Ordis kicks you off your ship and you back to walk in the snow to the inside of the cave. Well twice now the game has crashed and  I'm forced to shut down my computer holding the power button. Has anyone else had this issue? is it my computer? is it the game it self? It sucks cuz i cant play warframe until i complete this quest. Im going to send a ticket to support.

I've crashed 3 times now. Im pretty frustrated sorry in adv..

25 answers to this question

15 minutes ago, kasalaba said:

By returning you mean reinstalling or did you have the old files and you updated?

i mean holding the power button on the comptuer and turning back on.

I've crashed a total of  4 times now. 3 once i enter the cav and 1 where i crashed and didnt even move cuz i was talking to design council for help.

My monitor goes black and i cant do anything once it gets to that state only hard boot.

Sound like your computer but eliminate the obvious

Turn graphics down to low 

still not working download and install via steam so you have all the updates and try again (using steam to boot just to ensure you are not using your old setup)

Still not working its your computer 

Just now, Havarkus said:

chances are you'll need to verify and/or optimise your game cache from the launcher. give it a try, although it will take a while.

I have done both. Verify and OPtimze. I logged back on and messaged council and asked them to plz let me know if they come up with  a solution. Then i ctrl alt deleted and closed warframe through there cuz you cant exist the game in this quest >.<

Im  going to bed hopefully when i wake up my ticket has been replied to and theres a solution or a step by step process.

again my monitor goes black and im forced to shut down my computer manually. IDK if DE would let one of my friends do the quest on their computer and i just watch the walkthrough online though that would ruin the experince cuz i was really into it before this bug happened.. nite!

2 minutes ago, Retchid said:

Sound like your computer but eliminate the obvious

Turn graphics down to low 

still not working download and install via steam so you have all the updates and try again (using steam to boot just to ensure you are not using your old setup)

Still not working its your computer 

I already have it via steam. graphics are low. I guess its my computer and i guess im doomed then... which sucks and doesnt make sense cuz i've played warframe for years have played Void which fps goes up much more. I have kept up with warframe's updates and graphics intensity til now. I hope its jsut a bug on their end..

1 minute ago, ss4chris said:

I have done both. Verify and OPtimze. I logged back on and messaged council and asked them to plz let me know if they come up with  a solution. Then i ctrl alt deleted and closed warframe through there cuz you cant exist the game in this quest >.<

Im  going to bed hopefully when i wake up my ticket has been replied to and theres a solution or a step by step process.

again my monitor goes black and im forced to shut down my computer manually. IDK if DE would let one of my friends do the quest on their computer and i just watch the walkthrough online though that would ruin the experince cuz i was really into it before this bug happened.. nite!

i'm sorry to hear about all that. indeed, good luck for tomorrow and goodnight.

Asus BI50M motherboard with + intel I3

16GB ram

Geforce GTX 1050 ti

Whole thing cost me less than £500 to build - SSD hard drive £50 case (£30) powersupply £15  Windows 10 £zero except for the occasional nag pop up 10 second reset to get rid of it.

All bits from Scan Computers takea less than 2hrs to put together

Full setting no problems at all - so if your lacking something upgrade above

(would try updating your graphic card drivers first - that is a likely problem if black screened)

Edited by Retchid

20 minutes ago, Retchid said:

16GB ram

Geforce GTX 1050 ti

Whole thing cost me less than £500 to build - SSD hard drive £50 case (£30) powersupply £15  Windows 10 £zero except for the occasional nag pop up 10 second reset to get rid of it.

(would try updating your graphic card drivers first - that is a likely problem if black screened)

I couldn't sleep  i usually cant when im mad.

I use a site canirunit.com. it tells me min specs then it shows my specs i can run warframe

Minimum: Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT or ATI Radeon HD 3600
You Have: GeForce GTX 560 Ti
Features: Minimum attributes of your Video Card
    Required You Have
Pass or fail icon Pixel Shader 4.0 5.0
Pass or fail icon Vertex Shader 4.0 5.0
Pass or fail icon Dedicated Video RAM 256 MB 1536 MB

21 minutes ago, Retchid said:

16GB ram

Geforce GTX 1050 ti

ya im updating my drivers via device manager.

26 minutes ago, Retchid said:

16GB ram

Geforce GTX 1050 ti

these are my specs btw

https://imgur.com/a/mFlcD

wow we both use I3 processor. my friend makes fun of me with his I7. :(

I find that Warframe also works without the Graphics card at  low res even with the I3 chip - I ran it for 2mths before getting my Card

Maybe take out your graphics card see if that is causing the problem - cheap fix to get through the level may work?

7 hours ago, Retchid said:

I find that Warframe also works without the Graphics card at  low res even with the I3 chip - I ran it for 2mths before getting my Card

Maybe take out your graphics card see if that is causing the problem - cheap fix to get through the level may work?

im too scared to do that :(

3 minutes ago, ss4chris said:

im too scared to do that :(

It could be a sign the GPU you're using is starting to die. In fact, I had used a 560 Ti up until a couple of months ago and it was just crashing everything I was trying to do. I upgraded to a 1050 Ti since then and I haven't had that issue since.

11 minutes ago, SurrealEdge said:

It could be a sign the GPU you're using is starting to die. In fact, I had used a 560 Ti up until a couple of months ago and it was just crashing everything I was trying to do. I upgraded to a 1050 Ti since then and I haven't had that issue since.

but im still able to league and Overwatch. and do everything.. I just upgraded my drivers today im going to re-start my comp and see if that works. Support already got to me. Doing the whole Log EE Dx business ..

2 minutes ago, ss4chris said:

but im still able to league and Overwatch. and do everything.. I just upgraded my drivers today im going to re-start my comp and see if that works. Support already got to me. Doing the whole Log EE Dx business ..

I found that the newer drivers made it worse when I installed them with the 560 Ti. Who knows it may fix it, but it may also be time to upgrade.

28 minutes ago, SurrealEdge said:

I found that the newer drivers made it worse when I installed them with the 560 Ti. Who knows it may fix it, but it may also be time to upgrade.

cant upgrade dont have the money. It has to be a warfarme issue itself cuz i can play everything jsut fine was able to go hrs in void really frustrating.

after i updated drivers i was able to go further but still crashed. gonna relay this info to support. Thx for the advice.

23 minutes ago, ss4chris said:

cant upgrade dont have the money. It has to be a warfarme issue itself cuz i can play everything jsut fine was able to go hrs in void really frustrating.

after i updated drivers i was able to go further but still crashed. gonna relay this info to support. Thx for the advice.

I will say that Warframe was the only game to crash for me, but in other games I noticed weird artifacting, like some parts of the character model being stretched from the main body, color and filters showing different what they normally are, and pixelation in some games like Overwatch where I had jagged edges when firing.

Edited by SurrealEdge

26 minutes ago, SurrealEdge said:

I will say that Warframe was the only game to crash for me, but in other games I noticed weird artifacting, like some parts of the character model being stretched from the main body, color and filters showing different what they normally are, and pixelation in some games like Overwatch where I had jagged edges when firing.

what did that mean? OO

26 minutes ago, SurrealEdge said:

Just look for things that look really odd, it's a sign of a dying GPU.

interesting.. def not with me

anyways what i can gather so far after nemourous crashes is that its makes my monitor black you can hear the sound of when a program crashes and does that ding sound. then im able to tab between programs and i can still hear the warframe sounds. so idk waht it is. im going to relay this info on spport. my found a thread of someone who may havet he same issue as me so im going to read it when i get on discord.

This hard resetting my computer is really frustrating.

9 hours ago, ss4chris said:

interesting.. def not with me

anyways what i can gather so far after nemourous crashes is that its makes my monitor black you can hear the sound of when a program crashes and does that ding sound. then im able to tab between programs and i can still hear the warframe sounds. so idk waht it is. im going to relay this info on spport. my found a thread of someone who may havet he same issue as me so im going to read it when i get on discord.

This hard resetting my computer is really frustrating.

I have had this problem - Black Screen Sound still playing (in headphones) i.e game is playing but no output to screen

Simple solution New HDMI cable - mine goes to the TV 

I too originally thought it was my Graphics card but had spare cable and changed it out problem went away instantly never to return until 2 days ago when I plugged the wrong dodgy cable back in by accident

P.s. Try setting Warframes Graphic options to Windowed rather than full screen so windows will still be visible - if the windowed screen goes black and windows still  visible it will not be cable but give a bigger clue to what's going on

Edited by Retchid

6 hours ago, Retchid said:

I have had this problem - Black Screen Sound still playing (in headphones) i.e game is playing but no output to screen

Simple solution New HDMI cable - mine goes to the TV 

I too originally thought it was my Graphics card but had spare cable and changed it out problem went away instantly never to return until 2 days ago when I plugged the wrong dodgy cable back in by accident

P.s. Try setting Warframes Graphic options to Windowed rather than full screen so windows will still be visible - if the windowed screen goes black and windows still  visible it will not be cable but give a bigger clue to what's going on

dont use HDMI cable... >.< use standard for old monitors

Have tried windoed. same result :( thx for the advice.