The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does anyone think the Arch Wing deployment system in POE is slightly clunky?

--Q--Ascended-Seraphim

I've noticed in the dev stream that we have to access our radial menu, select the Arch Wing segment, deploy it on the ground, then wait a few seconds for it to manifest, click on it, and finally fly.

It kinda slows down the whole action packed run and gun feel that warframe seems to be all about. 

I'm thinking  a dedicated button that instantaneously transform you to arch wing mode and back to frame mode, will keep warframe's combat system fluid.

P.S. Please consider speeding up primary, secondary, and melee weapon swapping speed as well please ♥

Well, the main problem with a dedicated button is probably that they've sort of... run out of buttons on consoles already, or something? People seem to claim that a lot.

Of course, AS a PC player, you can actually bind things from your gear wheel to hotkeys. Though that still wouldn't be quite the instant transition you'd like.

You know, you could be like me and bind the Gear Wheel slots to the Numpad. I run it clockwise from top: 8, 9, 6, 3, 2, 1, 4, 7. Works way better than holding Q.

The biggest problems are the long delay before the thing spawns, and the fact that you need to press another button to get on.

3 hours ago, --Q--Ascended-Seraphim said:

warframe's combat system fluid.

3 hours ago, Rekkou said:

pressing F after bullet jump or if you're on air will automatically made you equip Archwing.

After Selection of Archwing from Menu, WarFrame/Tennos/Operator would have the Archwing Latch to wherever they are.

No Extra Animation Required, using the old animations while Starting Archwing Mission.

While still in Archwing Mode, Hold Down (Movement) to land (on hard surfaces).

Archwing would recharge say 30 Second from 1 Minute of usage (if not been disabled).

Was thinking "Super Mario 64". NOT the exact same thing, just more Simple Actions and less time-rendered animation at the very least.

This wouldn't work too well, because I do remember them saying in the initial reveal, that they were trying to put a cooldown on calling in your archwing. So it wouldn't work seamlessly like you want it to in every situation. You can also bind the gear wheel slot to a hotkey. I personally will just use one of the side buttons on my mouse.

I think it was mentioned that it's like that so you can't just instantly bail when you get in too deep.

i doubt you are meant to deploy to arcwing mid combat anyway.

Exactly this. The Archwing it attached to your ship anyway, so it makes sense that it takes time to deploy, much like your ship's other call-in abilities.

Edited by KokoroWish

34 minutes ago, 3NVY5W0RD said:

I was thinking the same thing dude.
My suggestion for this would be Holding down Space bar for 2 sec for The Archwing will initialize and another 1.5 For the Archwing to take flight . This can also be perform while Aim Glide.

or a quick double tap on the gear wheel button. Not sure how this works on controllers since I only do keyboard and mouse.