Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon Distances & Weapons!

[DE]Rebecca

I like this idea of damage fall off but they need a maximum effective range too. They probably already will add one but DE should list it on weps. Someone mentioned a titanfall 2 like system and that would be neat (haven't played it but example given was great) like snipers would be 100% range will fall off starting at 600m and Max effective being 2km. Heavy machine guns and rifles like sybaris and latron with fall off starting at 300m Max effective 1.25km. Assault rifles fall off 300m Max effective 800m. Shotguns same as they are now. Pistols (say bye-bye to lex snipers) fall off at 150m Max effective 400m. Bows would probably get a huge nerf if they were made somewhat similar to irl so you could keep them at what assault rifles would be cause the Max range would hit at 800m but it would have one hell of an arc at that distance so it's not like you could really aim lol

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 12:33 PM, Fylas said:

soo... you were a suit of armor? a breast plate? or worked at a armory? :o the main problem here is "how is the damage fall off calculated" like is it a fixed percentage per meter? how much is the percentage? is it 0.3% per meter or maybe 1.2%? it makes the difference between "do I want more damage per shot to compensate for the fall off? " or "do I want the weaker gun that has a longer fall off range, so at the range I want to snipe in average, the damage is higher then if I used the shorter range high damage rifle." 

The people here aren't just yelling IT SAWWKS we are asking about possible problems that could occur. Why they decided on 600 meters, what is affected by fall off and what isn't. And how big the fall off is in terms of distance.  Is it a fixed value? Or does it add a fluctuation that is a percentage range rolled on every shot, so you could get a "lucky" one hit kill or risk alerting the enemy instead of going closer. This is all about decisions. Decision that can't be made without long fruitless experimentation that could be avoided by getting the numbers and details. 

I will try and make sure there is no typo or corrections I do not want this time, I was an armorer, if you do not know what that is then so be it. you want to make the game the same stats as titan2, so you can understand it, for you already know this way, so I say again this is no any other game but warframe. If I wanted that fall off I would play titan2. stop trying to change the game to other games. All the questions you are asking come by testing, since this is always in beta it is always being worked on and testing is always in progress. So deal with it. Or go play a game that is complete and has a beginning and end already so when you finish you can wait for said game addition to come out then buy next said addition while myself and others stay with warframe. the few players in this forum do not make up the warframe community.

i was reading on the first page talking about people making shots at extreme range with bows, and it just made me giggle, imagining some Ivara on a mountain top, looking out at the tiny specks in the distance that are the grineer, pulling out her bow, aiming up into the sky, and loosing a volley of arrows, and then waiting five minutes before a few damage numbers pop up in the distance.

16 minutes ago, ElectroniJaun said:

Am I the only one who is able to deal with the sway? I say realism over personal preference. It makes sniping a bit more challenging which means more fun :3

i actually kinda like the sway. it makes it more challenging, and it means it requires good timing. i dont like in games where you can "hold your breath" and the image in the scope basically freezes. too easy to shoot them then.

10 hours ago, DarkDullahan-Prime said:

It also depends on what caliber round you're considering. We don't currently have a sniper in Warframe that has the same feel as a .50 AM round (though it would be nice to gain a heavy sniper), and that's also not to say that they cant add weapons with different dropoff stats in the future. And the Lanka should be relatively unaffected by this change since it's only for hitscan weapons. But I do understand where you're coming from.

in his first post he mentioned "Dragonov" wich is a russian sniper rifle chambered in 7.62x54mm rounds (.308. winchester)

3 hours ago, CpTKugelHagel said:

in his first post he mentioned "Dragonov" wich is a russian sniper rifle chambered in 7.62x54mm rounds (.308. winchester)

7.62x54 is not .308 Winchester lmao those are 2 totally different rounds

7.62x51mm NATO is the same as 308 win

On 9/23/2017 at 6:36 PM, Nyumitoni said:

I sadly run the game at an average of 24 fps on most tile sets, (earth post rework a steady 11 and 9 with extra particles) i enjoy snipers in games as semi auto, bolt action, and lever action have always been my favorite firerate, and i can understand why scope sway is there, but when im trying to aim at 24 fps the scope sway makes it worse then just staying unscoped

you might be in luck, to make the game run properly on consoles with eidolon they let slip in the last dev stream that the amount of efficiency improvements to make sure that eidolon would even work on potatoes will probably result in a drastic increase in frames for your pc in general gameplay. 

Just now, Fylas said:

you might be in luck, to make the game run properly on consoles with eidolon they let slip in the last dev stream that the amount of efficiency improvements to make sure that eidolon would even work on potatoes will probably result in a drastic increase in frames for your pc in general gameplay. 

Steve had PoE running at 130fps on his laptop

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 6:07 PM, Vlada91 said:

Ok ok so update is coming in????

Yes.  PC is in lockdown (no more hotfixes until PoE is out) so my guess is in the next few weeks.  also since the Arrival on Eidalon contest is ending Oct. 5, my GUESS is the that PoE will be launched somewhere around there since it doesn't make any sense to do a context that ends weeks before the big update.

As to the damage fall-off, i think it makes sense.  Glad to see that the dev team is putting in thought to how this will all work out.

6 hours ago, KuramaKitsune said:

honestly falloff should be shorter.

even that photo of the 194m 

thats a LONG way off. 

a boltor should NOT be remotely accurate at 200m

wrong wording, not nessisarily "accurate" but at that range, the projectile shouldnt be hitting too hard anymore, unless fired like artillery, in an arcing fall

It only effects Hitscan weapons, boltor series will not be affected by this. This doesn't mean that the boltor will be made good however.

Comparatively hindering other weapons will not improve Sniper rifles. The minimum scope for snipers being too high, and the unwieldy, very anti-synergetic shot combo bonuses are hindrances that need to be replaced with other benefits, such as greater headshot bonuses. That said, it's going to be nice to see Snipers finally get their own spot.

47 minutes ago, Colyeses said:

Comparatively hindering other weapons will not improve Sniper rifles. The minimum scope for snipers being too high, and the unwieldy, very anti-synergetic shot combo bonuses are hindrances that need to be replaced with other benefits, such as greater headshot bonuses. That said, it's going to be nice to see Snipers finally get their own spot.

I wouldn't necessarily call it "hindering" per se, considering how small a target is going to be at 300m with a normal hitscan weapon if you factor how small they are at 100m, this change wont really be that much of a hindrance. plus the pistols with the sniper scopes are probably going to be grouped under the "sniper" category for this change for obvious reasons. I am eager for the Sniper Rework Dev Workshop to be posted this weak, along with the Focus Rework Workshop.

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 8:34 AM, CpTKugelHagel said:

The Russians have a different concept (or did, anyway) of what role a sniper has--which has nothing to do with WF.

The "Drag" was chambered for 7.62x54R, a Russian service rifle cartridge. The .308 WCF (Winchester Centerfire) has nothing to do with it. That is a US service rifle cartridge that replaced the .30-06 cartridge. It's still in use, but is generally referred to as the 7.62mm NATO (7.62x51)--not quite the same thing (.308WCF is the commercial version with slightly different chamber dimensions), but close enough for most purposes.

They have similar ballistics, but are most certainly not the same thing.

2 minutes ago, Sloan441 said:

The Russians have a different concept (or did, anyway) of what role a sniper has--which has nothing to do with WF.

The "Drag" was chambered for 7.62x54R, a Russian service rifle cartridge. The .308 WCF (Winchester Centerfire) has nothing to do with it. That is a US service rifle cartridge that replaced the .30-06 cartridge. It's still in use, but is generally referred to as the 7.62mm NATO (7.62x51)--not quite the same thing (.308WCF is the commercial version with slightly different chamber dimensions), but close enough for most purposes.

They have similar ballistics, but are most certainly not the same thing.

if you would read the following posts of mine you would know that i messed up x51 and x54mm so your just wasted your time

I'd like to have the game do away with hitscan too, and while most/all hitscan weapons would be at least twice as fast as a boltor prime, snipers would be even faster.
Or, as a compromise solution to preserve cpu, have normal hitscan weapons be hitscan up to 200m, and only spawn projectiles after that distance, and snipers be hitscan up to 600m.

Just now, CpTKugelHagel said:

if you would read the following post you would know that i messed up x51 and x54mm so your just wasted your time

More information is never a waste of time.

You forget the "R" appellation which is rather critical, since the cartridge is a rimmed round, as opposed to rimless--like the 7.62x39.

You also now know a bit more about the .308WCF/7.62mm NATO/7.62x51 cartridge. Just for the record, the main difference between the commercial and military cartridges is in chamber dimensions, namely the throat and overall tolerances. Milspec cases are heavier (thicker) than commercial ones and chambers have more slop and more lead in the throat to compensate. Same deal with the .223 Remington and 5.56mm NATO (5.56x45).

Now you know.

See? Never a waste of time.

I tend to engage at a very long ranges with a bow and a sniper weapon alot.

and since some weapons have extended ranges I surely hope those don't get a range decrease

The motion sway is a bit annoying though....I didn't realize my warframe had a terrible cardiovascular system and thus swayed and shook so much....wish I could maybe give it some exercise since its worse then most humans.

I would suggest adding either an eliminate sway mod or making one of the current mods help with that....but with only 8 slots....you have to start being very choosy so I would hate having to add a mod for that since my weapon seam to do less damage then a pistol or a bunch of other weapons.

The map you showed as an example isn't very long range either.....though I hope this helps the latron..as I consider for a rail gun its sub-par compared to a Vectis sniper rifle, again I am thinking of certain maps where I literally sit up high or far away and shoot things through big doors that open.

Personally I don't think any of the rail guns are that good(latron here as the example)...slow projectiles with a shorter range, and I say shorter range since I actually shoot at extreme ranges and it doesn't hit?!? 

oh well what ever happens, maybe this will be an excuse to add some stuff further down the line and to me that sounds like a win situation.

6 minutes ago, PsychicKitty said:

I tend to engage at a very long ranges with a bow and a sniper weapon alot.

and since some weapons have extended ranges I surely hope those don't get a range decrease

The motion sway is a bit annoying though....I didn't realize my warframe had a terrible cardiovascular system and thus swayed and shook so much....wish I could maybe give it some exercise since its worse then most humans.

I would suggest adding either an eliminate sway mod or making one of the current mods help with that....but with only 8 slots....you have to start being very choosy so I would hate having to add a mod for that since my weapon seam to do less damage then a pistol or a bunch of other weapons.

The map you showed as an example isn't very long range either.....though I hope this helps the latron..as I consider for a rail gun its sub-par compared to a Vectis sniper rifle, again I am thinking of certain maps where I literally sit up high or far away and shoot things through big doors that open.

Personally I don't think any of the rail guns are that good(latron here as the example)...slow projectiles with a shorter range, and I say shorter range since I actually shoot at extreme ranges and it doesn't hit?!? 

oh well what ever happens, maybe this will be an excuse to add some stuff further down the line and to me that sounds like a win situation.

First of all of you had ever shot a gun irl you you know weapon sway is a real thing... Just because you can hold your breath in CoD and completely eliminate sway doesn't mean that's how it works irl. There are 3 common shooting positions that increasingly reduce sway. 

1 standing 

2 sitting 

3 prone

None of which eliminate sway. The only way to even get close is to put the gun in a mount such as a Caldwell lead sled which still doesn't remove 100%. And that not even considering how to hold your breath and shooting between heart beats (yes there is a right and wrong way to hold your breath)

Now for the fact that its a game. I am so glad snipers have weapon sway. If they didn't already I would want them to add it for PoE. Idk how you are modding your snipers but mine is op af slap on the vectis riven I got and its even better. W/o sway there would be no challenge in getting headshot after headshot after headshot. You don't want weapon sway? Fine they can remove it but while they are at it they should remove the bonuses you get for zoom lvl of snipers. 

Archived