Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon Distances & Weapons!

[DE]Rebecca

2 hours ago, PsychicKitty said:

I tend to engage at a very long ranges with a bow and a sniper weapon alot.

and since some weapons have extended ranges I surely hope those don't get a range decrease

The motion sway is a bit annoying though....I didn't realize my warframe had a terrible cardiovascular system and thus swayed and shook so much....wish I could maybe give it some exercise since its worse then most humans.

I would suggest adding either an eliminate sway mod or making one of the current mods help with that....but with only 8 slots....you have to start being very choosy so I would hate having to add a mod for that since my weapon seam to do less damage then a pistol or a bunch of other weapons.

The map you showed as an example isn't very long range either.....though I hope this helps the latron..as I consider for a rail gun its sub-par compared to a Vectis sniper rifle, again I am thinking of certain maps where I literally sit up high or far away and shoot things through big doors that open.

Personally I don't think any of the rail guns are that good(latron here as the example)...slow projectiles with a shorter range, and I say shorter range since I actually shoot at extreme ranges and it doesn't hit?!? 

oh well what ever happens, maybe this will be an excuse to add some stuff further down the line and to me that sounds like a win situation.

I say nay nay ! get rid of sway I say nay nay ! get rid of sway :O! *protests with tiny sign in hand showing a drunken excalibur chibi holding a sniper rifle in one hand and a bottle of grineer booze in the other* 

3 hours ago, GhostJak1 said:

First of all of you had ever shot a gun irl you you know weapon sway is a real thing... Just because you can hold your breath in CoD and completely eliminate sway doesn't mean that's how it works irl. There are 3 common shooting positions that increasingly reduce sway. 

1 standing 

2 sitting 

3 prone

None of which eliminate sway. The only way to even get close is to put the gun in a mount such as a Caldwell lead sled which still doesn't remove 100%. And that not even considering how to hold your breath and shooting between heart beats (yes there is a right and wrong way to hold your breath)

Now for the fact that its a game. I am so glad snipers have weapon sway. If they didn't already I would want them to add it for PoE. Idk how you are modding your snipers but mine is op af slap on the vectis riven I got and its even better. W/o sway there would be no challenge in getting headshot after headshot after headshot. You don't want weapon sway? Fine they can remove it but while they are at it they should remove the bonuses you get for zoom lvl of snipers. 

Unsteadiness in aim, aka weapon sway, is real but in my experience WF vastly overemphasizes it. With the current sway, you'll be a better sniper with a Sybaris than you will with an actual sniper. At 300m you'll be lucky to keep the target in your scope, much less centered under the reticle.

And, I mean, I get headshot after headshot already with my Pandero. Snipers aren't going to be stealing all the kills if weapon sway is reduced beyond the point of being noticeable at current map ranges.

I like the idea of a collateral style buff to snipers, as a slight extension to that I would like it if single shot or perhaps even marksman style rifles had a slight edge over there counterparts.

The example being the Latron versus the Karak, single shot rifles tend to be on the weak side of things and treating them with such a small buff as 50 meters over their fully auto or burst-fire counterparts would be nice.

Maybe Tiberon too? (Pure selfishness there.)

7 hours ago, motorfirebox said:

Unsteadiness in aim, aka weapon sway, is real but in my experience WF vastly overemphasizes it. With the current sway, you'll be a better sniper with a Sybaris than you will with an actual sniper. At 300m you'll be lucky to keep the target in your scope, much less centered under the reticle.

And, I mean, I get headshot after headshot already with my Pandero. Snipers aren't going to be stealing all the kills if weapon sway is reduced beyond the point of being noticeable at current map ranges.

WF wep sway is much less than say CoD. Remember you wf is mostly standing and some time crouching not really using a optimum shooting position for snipers. Honestly it's a non issue just shoot when the aiming dot is directly over the enemy. Really id be more concerned with the fact that the aiming dot is quite large and should probably be changed to a fine crosshair. It might not be a problem at 300m but I think it may cover up an enemies entire chest at 600m+.i have no idea if this is true but it may be a problem that pops up when ppl try to stretch out the distance at which they engage the enemy. Personally I want to try for a 1km kill may e even work my way out to 3km if enemies will spawn that far. In all likelihood they will remove sway because of all the whining skrebs out there that just need to git gud. I hope they don't remove it honestly and if you cans adapt to using a sniper then.... Don't use one

I'm unsure if this has been asked, and while I see a response regarding new sniper pistols (Arca Scisco, Knell, I presume all the scoped ones) I'd like to know if this will also effect the Lex, and by extension, the Lex Prime - which is often described as a sniper pistol too.

6 hours ago, ResonantStorm said:

I'm unsure if this has been asked, and while I see a response regarding new sniper pistols (Arca Scisco, Knell, I presume all the scoped ones) I'd like to know if this will also effect the Lex, and by extension, the Lex Prime - which is often described as a sniper pistol too.

Unlikely. No scope. And keep in mind, unless I missed something the scoped pistols are only speculated to share the sniper falloff, I haven't seen any official confirmation or even mention.

On 22/9/2017 at 10:11 PM, Xydeth said:

where did i say snipers need higher fire rate LMAO, i just stated why corrosive is bad on snipers which u urself repeated, i never said "give snipers an assault rifle mode which would make being a sniper totally pointless". dont read stuff i never wrote holy moly.

"lanka excluded they already have a problem if it comes to status chance since u need a higher rate of fire to make use of corrosive effectively for example"

Well, then don't give corrosive as an example if you already know it's pointless on snipers. Just tell me, what's the point on talking about corrosive if you already know it's something that weapon will not do, and will never do? Is like saying pox has an issue with crits because It cannot crit consistently. The weapon is not designed for that and as such there's no point on talking about it.

Also, I never said you asked for a fire rate buff, just clarified why corrosive is not an important part of the discusion at hand, and gave a simple suggestion to make them better (combo duration). "don't read stuff i never wrote holy moly."

5 minutes ago, motorfirebox said:

Unlikely. No scope. And keep in mind, unless I missed something the scoped pistols are only speculated to share the sniper falloff, I haven't seen any official confirmation or even mention.

Just a shot in the dark here, but I sure hope scoped pistols fall midway of both snipers and the rest of weapons. 400-450 looks like a good idea for them.

5 minutes ago, -CM-TotallyNotLimbo said:

"lanka excluded they already have a problem if it comes to status chance since u need a higher rate of fire to make use of corrosive effectively for example"

Well, then don't give corrosive as an example if you already know it's pointless on snipers. Just tell me, what's the point on talking about corrosive if you already know it's something that weapon will not do, and will never do? Is like saying pox has an issue with crits because It cannot crit consistently. The weapon is not designed for that and as such there's no point on talking about it.

Also, I never said you asked for a fire rate buff, just clarified why corrosive is not an important part of the discusion at hand, and gave a simple suggestion to make them better (combo duration). "don't read stuff i never wrote holy moly."

im listing some weaknesses to clarify why its already a disadvantage to pick a sniper to begin with and why their benefits are not really outbalancing that weakness. if u dont completely understand my comment then refrain from starting pointless discussions about it and mind ur own business instead of pointlessly nitpicking on others posts.

Just throwing my two credits out there, sniper falloff at starting at 600m seems pretty reasonable.  I've played my share of Planetside 2, which has maps similar in size to the Plains, and there, the maximum engagement range is 300m, and even that is difficult with the snipers in that game.  That said, since snipers will deal full damage out to double that distance in Warframe, it would be nice to have some way of temporarily removing sway, even if it is unrealistic, simply because it would make things more fun.  You still have to notice the enemies that far out before you can shoot them, after all.

Also, a few questions:

1. How far out will enemies spawn, and related to that, will they react to near misses better?
  2. At what range would the damage reach its minimum, and at what percentage of initial damage?

3 hours ago, Xydeth said:

im listing some weaknesses to clarify why its already a disadvantage to pick a sniper to begin with and why their benefits are not really outbalancing that weakness. if u dont completely understand my comment then refrain from starting pointless discussions about it and mind ur own business instead of pointlessly nitpicking on others posts.

Please step down from your high horse, mate, the smartypants don't fit you. Listing that as a weakness is a dumb move, to start with. Snipers have strong points and, well modded (including rivens, now that we can), they have a pretty good DPS too. They require aiming, yeah. But they're as useful as any other weapon.

And second, if you reply to a post with the sorts of "LMAO never sed dat holy moly git gud" don't even try to tell people to "refrain from nickpicking" and starting "pointless discussions"

Lastly, there's nothing to nickpick. All your first post said was "snipers are not good to proc corrosive coz of slod fire rate", listed some snipers and what they are built for (In other news, the sky is blue) and "snipers deserve more". In a dev workshop post, where it means nothing except MAYBE that you think higher fire rate would benefit snipers. Cause when you remove all the cushion text, it's all you said. Anyway, gonna stop this argument right here, cause it feels more like you're just trying to troll. And next time, think before you write, you might avoid "nitpicking" of a hollow post.

P.S.: No point in being rude. This is an open forum and telling people to "mind their own business" and "stop pointlessly nitpicking" is just edgy, useless and doesn't . People are gonna reply if they feel there's something that needs clarification.

39 minutes ago, -CM-TotallyNotLimbo said:

Please step down from your high horse, mate, the smartypants don't fit you. Listing that as a weakness is a dumb move, to start with. Snipers have strong points and, well modded (including rivens, now that we can), they have a pretty good DPS too. They require aiming, yeah. But they're as useful as any other weapon.

And second, if you reply to a post with the sorts of "LMAO never sed dat holy moly git gud" don't even try to tell people to "refrain from nickpicking" and starting "pointless discussions"

Lastly, there's nothing to nickpick. All your first post said was "snipers are not good to proc corrosive coz of slod fire rate", listed some snipers and what they are built for (In other news, the sky is blue) and "snipers deserve more". In a dev workshop post, where it means nothing except MAYBE that you think higher fire rate would benefit snipers. Cause when you remove all the cushion text, it's all you said. Anyway, gonna stop this argument right here, cause it feels more like you're just trying to troll. And next time, think before you write, you might avoid "nitpicking" of a hollow post.

P.S.: No point in being rude. This is an open forum and telling people to "mind their own business" and "stop pointlessly nitpicking" is just edgy, useless and doesn't . People are gonna reply if they feel there's something that needs clarification.

the rude one with the smartypants who has to step down from his high horse actually is u. u started this pointless discussion. u started to offend me. that being said enjoy ur free position on my ignore list, i for sure wont drag this childish garbage on any further, search for someone else to annoy, i for sure have better to do with my time than argue with someone like u who twists anything in his/her favor just as it suits. bye.

PS: ur in no position to rate other people's posts. i hope u typed "high horse" very very slowly.

1 hour ago, Xydeth said:

the rude one with the smartypants who has to step down from his high horse actually is u. u started this pointless discussion. u started to offend me. that being said enjoy ur free position on my ignore list, i for sure wont drag this childish garbage on any further, search for someone else to annoy, i for sure have better to do with my time than argue with someone like u who twists anything in his/her favor just as it suits. bye.

PS: ur in no position to rate other people's posts. i hope u typed "high horse" very very slowly.

Thanks for ignoring all the points and hiding in the corner, really shows a lot of how you are. Have a nice day.

On 9/19/2017 at 4:58 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

With the release of Plains of Eidolon, most weapons will have a form of damage falloff added, to reduce their effectiveness at extremely long distances. 

With the increased range of engagement possible in PoE, there's another stat I think could be looked at as well as fall off: Noise Level. The Arsenal stat doesn't make any distinction between distances from which shots can be heard, only whether or not they can be heard at all. Mods like Hush can reduce the sound partially if not maxed, but the Arsenal UI still displays as Alarming. Would it be possible to change the Arsenal UI to show the ranges at which the weapon would be alarming, detectable, and silent, whether unmodded, partially modded, or fully suppressed? 

Ah, gotcha. Ideally I would like to see the Lex and similar weapons (unscoped "sniper-ish" weapons) with slightly higher falloff than rifles, but I don't think it particularly matters considering how large a distance 300m is already and it'll be difficult to hit enemies at that distance anyway. I suppose the best response is to wait and see how DE want to do it.

To clarify a bit, when I said I saw a "response" (poor phrasing on my part, sorry) I meant I'd seen somebody ask already.

The sniper pistols are what brought this issue to the forefront.  :D Well, at least IMO they are.  I could be completely wrong though.  

7 hours ago, Xydeth said:

Actually, It's better to mod sniper rifles in the same way as you would bows in regards to elemental combos.  Having a low rate of fire is only a disadvantage when using corrosive to strip armor, but it's not for almost every other combo.  When you start taking into account higher status chance with procs like Bleed, Gas, Viral, Electric, etc then the lower fire rate isn't much of a disadvantage if at all.  Basically, if you know you can't strip the armor then just bypass it or supplement it as much as possible.  Then again it's not like Grineer are the only enemies out there.  :D

This is not to say that you don't still get the bonuses to damage from using corrosive on lower fire rate weapons.  I have a 100% status Daikyu (this one can even one shot them due to slash procs) and 94% status Vectis Prime that do pretty well against a lvl 135 heavy gunner using corrosive combo.  I just prefer Gas instead for the nice AoE.  

Edit:  Short version:  modding for higher status chance helps to offset the lower fire rate.  

3 hours ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

I hope daikyu gets an extension on falloff. Being how its the highest flight speed bow.

that's one of the things.... do bows need falloff?  isn't the whole ballistic curve difficult enough? I'd be happy as larry if I managed to headshot a grineer with a bow at say 800 meters,but I'd be less happy if I only did 1 damage :<.

What about sound? :O There's no real display for distance, it would be REALLY REALLY REALLY! nice to know the maximum sound range of a weapon , 30 meters- 120 meters 300 meters?? I wouldn't have to worry about using hush or banshee if I knew the sound won't travel further then 120 meters. 

PS: What about scoped sniper pistols like the new arka one? do they get 300 or 600 meters?

2 minutes ago, Fylas said:

that's one of the things.... do bows need falloff?  isn't the whole ballistic curve difficult enough? I'd be happy as larry if I managed to headshot a grineer with a bow at say 800 meters,but I'd be less happy if I only did 1 damage :<.

What about sound? :O There's no real display for distance, it would be REALLY REALLY REALLY! nice to know the maximum sound range of a weapon , 30 meters- 120 meters 300 meters?? I wouldn't have to worry about using hush or banshee if I knew the sound won't travel further then 120 meters. 

PS: What about scoped sniper pistols like the new arka one? do they get 300 or 600 meters?

Indeed

9 minutes ago, Fylas said:

This is an interesting question in regards to the Daikyu.  

Edited after double checking facts.  Daikyu does indeed have a ballistic curve.  It's just so low that in normal tiles it's not very noticeable.  

2 minutes ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Indeed

I once did a trick shot of about 700 meters on a patrolling bandit with a ballistic arc patrolling on top of a ruined fort in skyrim after I put in more realistic archery mods and removed the projectile deletion past 300 meters. On first try, it hit him straight between the neck and the shoulder  and killed him in one hit. I couldn't stop grinning for nearly an hour because I was so happy I calculated his movement and the ballistic arc correctly on first try. The effort that goes into hitting long distance with a ballistic weapon like a long bow is what makes a successful hit feel so rewarding in my humble opinion.

1 hour ago, Fylas said:

I don't think bows or projectile weapons in general will get a damage falloff, it will be difficult enough to hit something at 300m+ when your bullets take 1.5s to reach him. I suppose (and hope) the falloff is being added in regard to hitscan weapons only.

I love all the people b**ching about sway and the overall dmg of snipers, but I use them daily in the highest level missions (endless), and I never have an issue with the sway, even on high zoom levels, nor do I in any way lag behind in damage. Even against melee users. 

I feel like these people need to just actually play with them for an extended period of time rather than a few minutes, not being instantly godly, and complaining.

Archived