Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon Distances & Weapons!

[DE]Rebecca

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 5:58 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

One of Warframe’s biggest appeals is the diverse selection of weaponry. Even within the subclasses of rifles and pistols, there is huge variety to be found, such as the distinction between projectile weapons (firing physical projectiles which move through space, like the Boltor) and hitscan weapons (firing draws an imaginary line between the gun and the point aimed at, doing damage instantly to whatever it hits, like the Soma). For obvious reasons, hitscans are very effective at long distances - this has never been an issue with Warframe’s tileset-based gameplay, but as we shot enemies from a kilometer away in the plains with our pistols, we knew something had to be done.

With the release of Plains of Eidolon, most weapons will have a form of damage falloff added, to reduce their effectiveness at extremely long distances. But don’t panic! This damage falloff will only be noticeable at extreme ranges (greater than 300m). Across all of our current tilesets, we were unable to find an unobstructed line of sight longer than 300m, so that is the point at which damage falloff will start. Even some of our largest tiles do not cover that distance corner-to-corner:

4 minutes ago, Kinetos said:

Citation for only hitscan? I'm only aware of "most weapons" getting it but no specifications on which ones won't? 

I'm fairly certain Detron got falloff and it is projectile based. 

It's in the two main paragraphs that Rebecca had in the post. Weapons that already have falloff will keep them.

12 minutes ago, DarkDullahan-Prime said:

It's in the two main paragraphs that Rebecca had in the post. Weapons that already have falloff will keep them.

I don't see anything that specifies only hitscan will be receiving it. Paragraph 1 mentions hitscan, but paragraph 2 just says weapons. 

Detron is just an example that shows falloff is not hitscan exclusive. 

Just now, Kinetos said:

I don't see anything that specifies only hitscan will be receiving it. Paragraph 1 mentions hitscan, but paragraph 2 just says weapons. 

Detron is just an example that shows falloff is not hitscan exclusive. 

yes, but this change is for weapons that don't already have falloff, and is targeting hitscan weapons. It was stated that this was going to be implemented so that hitscan weapons couldn't instantly kill enemies across the map, non-hitscans would have such a significant travel time that a shot at that distance would have to be beyond well-planned.

On 9/27/2017 at 5:10 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

-snip-

General Sniper Changes:

• Reticle sway removed from all zoom levels!

• 1 meter punch through added to all snipers without any to start with (snipers with innate punch through unchanged).

• 1 combo count removed at a time when duration runs out instead of all of them (decay vs. cooldown).

• 1 combo count removed on miss instead of all of them

• Additional bullets from multishot will each count as their own hits and misses in the combo counter

• Combo duration reduced to 2 seconds for all snipers apart from Lanka which is reduced to 6

• Damage fall off begins at 400 meters and ends at 600 meters with damage reduced to 50% past 600 meters.

Specific Sniper Weapon Changes:

-snip-

Lanka

• Charge rate decreased from 1.5 to 1

• Second level zoom reduced from 7x to 5x

• Third level zoom reduced from 12x to 8x

-snip-

Lanka seems to be getting fall off. It's mentioned in the general changes but not overridden in the Lanka changes. 

Just now, Kinetos said:

Lanka seems to be getting fall off. It's mentioned in the general changes but not overridden in the Lanka changes. 

They're adding a 600m falloff for snipers. Idk, maybe it will be affecting flight-speed weapons depending on category, I hope this doesn't effect the daikyu at all. They haven't mentioned bows being effected by this, so idk.

8 hours ago, SammuelElJackson said:

Just a question: If I use the Ivara 2 to control the bullet, will there still be a damage falloff?

I saw it at friday with Shun(?) when he use his Ivara 2 with his Euphona Prime, but im not sure about the damage falloff.

Anybody has some information about that? :laugh:

It will still have damage falloff at base, but power strength also effects navigator's projectiles, so it can possibly make up for it.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived