Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon Distances & Weapons!

[DE]Rebecca

1 minute ago, Chakravikari said:

Is the opticor going to receive a nerf from this as well?

Well we have projectile based weapons as well like the Ogris, which is going to need different treatment. Maybe the Opticor will get some sort of treatment. While it lacks a zoom, think about it, would the laser maintain its shape for as long as 600m or 700m? While it could be placed in the sniper category, it could be considered the most powerful one in the game then. It's possible it will be nerfed just to give actual snipers a chance.

Either that or it's going to have infinite range and everything will be bombarded with lasers from the other side of the map.

How is the fall off for bows, specifically the Daikyu? This bow is different as it is more designed for longer range engagements, there is even a mod which increases the damage for it at longer ranges. Will the fall off for it still be at 300m?

I know we will need to play PoE to get a feel for how far 300m really is or at least give some weapons like the Daikyu a longer range before damage starts to fall off

300m for a futuristic sniper rifle is just silly, the Dragunov sniper rifle developed in 1963 had a range of 800m and that was for 1963! Granted you can make up whatever rules you want for range but it just seems silly to me that a Sniper rifle from the future has less range than a old Earth 1963 Russian Sniper rifle lol.

Wow, are people even reading what was said in the post?  I keep seeing the same questions that were fully answered in the original post.  

Edit: now here is an interesting question.

46 minutes ago, (PS4)tacitassassin25 said:

How is the fall off for bows, specifically the Daikyu? This bow is different as it is more designed for longer range engagements, there is even a mod which increases the damage for it at longer ranges. Will the fall off for it still be at 300m?

I know we will need to play PoE to get a feel for how far 300m really is or at least give some weapons like the Daikyu a longer range before damage starts to fall off

The Daikyu is very interesting case.  Normal bows you can see the downward curve as the arrows goes further until it hits the ground.  The Daikyu doesn't have this.  Which is the main reason I refer to it as the Sniper of Bows.  Unless it gets overlooked, I'm going to assume that it will have the same range as sniper rifles.  :D

2 hours ago, HydroFreeze1998 said:

Well we have projectile based weapons as well like the Ogris, which is going to need different treatment. Maybe the Opticor will get some sort of treatment. While it lacks a zoom, think about it, would the laser maintain its shape for as long as 600m or 700m? While it could be placed in the sniper category, it could be considered the most powerful one in the game then. It's possible it will be nerfed just to give actual snipers a chance.

Either that or it's going to have infinite range and everything will be bombarded with lasers from the other side of the map.

well right now the only limit on the opticor's range seems to be walls and the skybox
LaFgZeG.jpg
UNr24uV.jpg
I cant really get better pictures because there are no larger captura maps

Such a huge area will seem to only make hit-scans the go to weapons for long range combat. For short and medium range i guess we will be able to use projectile weapons but sometimes still rely on Ivara's Navigator. So will we be able to change weapons or carry extra weapons in the middle of a PoE mission? In real life Hunters carry a bag with them containing a sniper for the deer hunting and shotgun for the ducks/birds.

Allowing an option to change primary weapon or carry an extra one in mission might allow room for diversity else it feels like PoE will be nothing but full of Hit-scan meta.

1 hour ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Bows need a flight speed buff tbh. Yes even and especially daikyu. Otherwise... Looking good!

Uhhhh......NO.   As someone who uses Bows a lot and I mean a lot, I say leave them as is.  It's already difficult to control the arrows with Navigator as they are now.  That would make it almost impossible.   Also, I like leading my shots and compensating for the flight arc over distance. 

edit: and yes I do it all with a controller.  :D  

Are snipers getting innate punchthrough for all rifles? Currently the only sniper rifles with innate punchthrough are Lanka and Snipetron Vandal, and Lanka's projectiles are utterly slow. Snipetron rivens were removed a while ago, so it's kind of like the unofficial Primed Chamber of snipers that aren't the Vectis.

In short, please just make snipers more fun and capable on a fairly even grounds of comparison. If I have even the slightest reason to prefer charging up to a target instead of the current painstaking inefficacy of snipers, I'll take it as I always had.

I have a slight concern:

Will this new hit-scan-falloff be fixed at 300m or will it be effected by Projectile Flight Speed mods? As far as I know, Projectile Flight Speed is a roll on Pistol Rivens (including hit-scan ones), and this change may be an unintended nerf to Rivens with a negative PFS. 

8 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

If we can see mobs from a radius of 600m, that will mean everything in that circumference will be loaded? Will that kill low-end pc?

OR do you mean only the things when viewed with our sniper scope is able to load up more than 600m away?

Not sure if I should be concern about this

Archived