Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon Distances & Weapons!

[DE]Rebecca

@[DE]Rebecca

°Reduced sniper sway:

-press and hold the kneel button for 2 sec to go prone and sway is reduced 100% 

Eh Eh?! 

Also:

°90% Base crit chance on all snipers.

°Hip fire accuracy should be 100% accurate, although u may shoot slightly slower.

°Give the snipers the "Scicso gimmick" stacking damage on head shots. 

°Vectis Prime should have a max range of 800m and then we start to see damage fall off per meter after.

Thank you

Shotguns will suffer alot under plains of eidolon :(

in my opinion you HAVE TO rework the enemy scaling especially armor scaling now that headshots are even harder due to distances, but you (tenno) are getting one hit killed from high level enemies, one reason why squishy frames arent fun.

TBH I think head shots NEED to be a fatal hit as snipers a generally know for.. a forced orange or red critical would be great..but it could ignore the modded critical damage multiplier and just use it base to determine the damage done, as well as giving all of them 1-2 meter punch through.

But I am overjoyed to hear that snipers are getting a change.

My only concern is that this damage fallof should NOT be affected by ANY mods. I'm looking at you rivens. (I.e Riven with negative flight speed which affects range for some weapons like the recent Arca Plasmor)

I also thinking that scoped pistols (Knell, Arca Scisco, Seer) should also benefit from increased range, not as extreme as sniper rifles.

My thoughts about weapon ranges: 

• Snipers: 600m 
  • DMR like rifles and bows: (Opticor,Grinlok, Sybaris, Latron, Stradavar and Tenora secondarry fire.) 400m
  • Other primaries: 300m
  • Scoped secondaries: (Knell, Arca Scisco, Seer) 300m
  • Unscoped secondaries: 200m
  • Shotguns: 100m (They already have a fall-off but after this range it should deal barely any damage. Like Euphona secondarry fire)
  • Lauchers: 300m (Miter, Panthera, Lenz and Ogris)

13 hours ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

If you can hit a target at 300+ meters with a bow, then I don't think you will have much to worry about.

Yes and no. Bows such as the Daikyu have no drop-off. 

Then again, maybe that's a plus? Like, despite the buff, the Daikyu still has a hard time competing with other high tier bows, and since it still sports travel time, it might serve as a QoL benefit to use it? 

17 hours ago, ThorNecrovitar said:

My only concern is that this damage fallof should NOT be affected by ANY mods. I'm looking at you rivens. (I.e Riven with negative flight speed which affects range for some weapons like the recent Arca Plasmor)

I also thinking that scoped pistols (Knell, Arca Scisco, Seer) should also benefit from increased range, not as extreme as sniper rifles.

My thoughts about weapon ranges: 

• Snipers: 600m 
  • DMR like rifles and bows: (Opticor,Grinlok, Sybaris, Latron, Stradavar and Tenora secondarry fire.) 400m
  • Other primaries: 300m
  • Scoped secondaries: (Knell, Arca Scisco, Seer) 300m
  • Unscoped secondaries: 200m
  • Shotguns: 100m (They already have a fall-off but after this range it should deal barely any damage. Like Euphona secondarry fire)
  • Lauchers: 300m (Miter, Panthera, Lenz and Ogris)

Lenz and Ogris having damage fall off dosnt make sense since they are explosive weapons. but if you mean the seperate damage that they deal upon impact before exploding then its fine.

1 minute ago, Chitanda.Eru said:

Lenz and Ogris having damage fall off dosnt make sense since they are explosive weapons. but if you mean the seperate damage that they deal upon impact before exploding then its fine.

I guess it is really pointless. It would have been nice to see a projectile drop after a while but that's whishfull thinking. Since it would requitre a good chunk of extra work.

12 hours ago, PoisonHD said:

You mean damage or distance? The won' fall off until 600m at least based on the post.

I hope that the damage falloff isn't too severe however.

600 meters is super great and dammage should have less falloff because its a sniper

but yeah 600 meters without dammage fall is perfect we probably wont snipe often longer than that honestly.

16 hours ago, trunks013 said:

600 meters is super great and dammage should have less falloff because its a sniper

but yeah 600 meters without dammage fall is perfect we probably wont snipe often longer than that honestly.

hold my beer.

jokes aside yeah. but I'm sure going to try killing something from the other side of the plains.

Will we have "Weapon buffs" with POE release, like we had in the last major patch releases?

My question is broad, I get the snipers will be receiving some kind of visit with POE, but will this patch only see sniper buffs?

Will we see some nice old guns receiving some love? *_*

13 hours ago, PoisonHD said:

We want 100% crit chance on snipers without the use of rivens or argon scope. As far as I remember, the highest crit chance without Argon Scope or rivens is 62%. The riven disposition can even stay the same.

Problem is, that makes bows pointless. The constant crits keep them relevant. Snipers are much easier/faster to send repeat shots off with, and have high base damage to make it "okay" to not crit every now and then.

I mean, I wouldn't mind more crit, don't get me wrong. But it would be kinda having your cake and eating it too.

6 hours ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Because that's going to be ten times worse than falloff

At least it would make sense. The reason you don't use handguns for 400m shots isn't because the bullets don't hit hard enough at that range, it's because they're hilariously unlikely to hit your target at that range. I understand they don't want to get into calculating ballistic arcs and windage and all that, but that shouldn't mean going to something as nonsensical as damage falloff.

5 minutes ago, tarfeef101 said:

Problem is, that makes bows pointless. The constant crits keep them relevant. Snipers are much easier/faster to send repeat shots off with, and have high base damage to make it "okay" to not crit every now and then.

I mean, I wouldn't mind more crit, don't get me wrong. But it would be kinda having your cake and eating it too.

Eh. Bows > snipers at non-PoE ranges because of their reduced zoom and scope. Give a sniper Dread stats and, on most current maps, the Dread is still going to be better.

1 minute ago, motorfirebox said:

Eh. Bows > snipers at non-PoE ranges because of their reduced zoom and scope. Give a sniper Dread stats and, on most current maps, the Dread is still going to be better.

To you. I personally love snipers, and use them all the time. Even over my dread with a crit chance and slash riven. Which I hardly touch nowadays. Some people like the zoom and scope.

7 minutes ago, tarfeef101 said:

To you. I personally love snipers, and use them all the time. Even over my dread with a crit chance and slash riven. Which I hardly touch nowadays. Some people like the zoom and scope.

Not arguing against your personal preference, I'm just not convinced it's a majority opinion. Give snipers more crit and I, at least, am still going to favor bows.

low zoom level on regular weapon itself is a disadvantage, why shoot yourself in the foot and add another layer of unnecessary mechanic to Warframe? what's next, bullet drop and wind drift?

last time I played this game is still a fantasy/arcade shooter if I wanna play war simulator I'll just play Arma 3 instead of Warframe, another example is Fortnite that game also has damage falloff with slow bullet speed , the experience is awful.

suggestion: instead of adding dmg falloff how about we adjust how far enemies can spawn around players so they won't shoot something that they're not supposed to. if you're worried about ppl cheesing some boss fights you can add a dome similar to Evolve, they're so many ways to keep players in range(pull/teleportation/enclosed area like cave).

40 minutes ago, tarfeef101 said:

Not really, bows would have their place in shorter range engagements (Yes I saw you said you use Snipers short range as well), not everybody can deal with the zoom levels on a sniper at short range, so they would go for the bows. 

I personally love Snipers in Warframe, but I also think using bows is extremely satisfying, and a lot easier at shorter ranges.

Archived