The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So hard for me to scam people these days

Olga

16 hours ago, Olga said:

mOjrJ7fUbogb03NfOYAPywT51j61TzOGTwUApEUF

At that moment there were only 2 sellers at w.m, both trolls — 1 for 100p, and another for 99p. While I was staring at the screen (was for a while) a new seller popped in, with 1p.

Took me some time to start seeing just the comedy side of this, as for a while I was just stuck in an advanced Triple Facepalm stance.

Lols. Idk, you kinda said certain things at certain times that made it seem like a scam to a new player.

But I do wish people would stop trolling with prices. New players keep learning bad habits and wrong ideas. It's a shame. 

Also, love the sister thing. Best reaction ever :P

Be like: what's up bro. 

You just say: sister actually 

😂 comedy 

This is actually amazing.
I feel for the player though, too many games out there have scammers and Warframe's community sure does put people off with how helpful it can be at times.
After 2k hours I STILL get clanmates/ Alliance members asking "You're sure you want an Ammo drum for THAT?!" or "I just win it for free?". Kind of makes me sad tbh.

Edited by RetroNomad

18 hours ago, Olga said:

It was a Carrier, at that moment the price was 50-55p, now it's a bit more.

I agree with one of the Tenno here that maybe I shouldn't have done that, as even in the best case it looked a bit condescending. It's just he was asking for a discount, I checked his profile quickly, and suddenly recalled how poor I was myself, selling those hard-earned cheap mods, running out of trades, etc. Remembered how I was saving penny by penny to buy the stuff I really wanted. 

*snip*

As a new player myself...I can't see how this would come off as condescending tbh....I'd have been over the moon, if another player welcomed my like that.

Even those pesky little mandatory mods (Flow, Intensify, Continuity, etc.) would have made my week.

Yea, 50p seems like mountain of cash for a newbie, but I think new players don't realize that vets can actually farm a lot of plat over a weekend of relic-farming (with a bit of luck).

As someone else said: It's kind of sad that the online gaming world is so poisoned, that we instantly fear getting scammed when someone else is actually trying to be nice...lol

Edited by Skaar82

On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 4:51 AM, Olga said:

mOjrJ7fUbogb03NfOYAPywT51j61TzOGTwUApEUF

At that moment there were only 2 sellers at w.m, both trolls — 1 for 100p, and another for 99p. While I was staring at the screen (was for a while) a new seller popped in, with 1p.

Took me some time to start seeing just the comedy side of this, as for a while I was just stuck in an advanced Triple Facepalm stance.

Thank you so much for sharing this.  I've had similar things happen to me also.  Still quite funny.  :D

10 hours ago, UmbraCorporation said:

You have gone above and beyond the call of duty. 

You should be rewarded for your efforts in making us all laugh. 

I don't think s/he made that picture. It's from a while back, made by the person whose name is in the corner.

Edited by PrVonTuckIII