Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

forget Archwing for PoE, it's time to bring on the mounts!

Mak_Gohae

Since the plains is going to bring all sorts of new stuff never seen before, even enemies, why just drop archwing there as the form of fast travel with nothing added to it?

You got to jazz that stuff up and turn it into mounts! Riding Kubrows and Kavats! Which are larger versions of your standard kubrow. This could be a special breed you can only obtain from the plains doing some quest. Maybe using the scanner and digging up old bones and getting DNA from it.

And if you think this is too much work and want to stick to flying instead of A-wing lets have a huge bird to ride.

We are not THAT Sci fantasy. I can't see warframes riding dogs into battle. Maybe if our movement system was restricted it might work, but since we can move so damn fast without any buffs,  much more with, in any direction we want, a mount would be useless. Archwing work because they are really fast in boost mode and are needed for Eidolon Battles. 

Edited by aligatorno

Archwing lets you fly... 3-Dimensional spatial movement.
Why would you want a genetically engineered horse? or a hover-bike? or a Grineer Segway? That seems like a step backwards :/

I'll agree with bad4youLT, in that Archwing does need some more love...
As it stands, Im the only one in my clan who LIKES to play Archwing missions :/

4 minutes ago, Kinetos said:

I don't remember DE saying this? I'm sure they could be helpful if the mode switching method were streamlined. 

Maybe the word I used is not quite fitting, but from what I`ve gathered, it helps for evading and easing the targeting of the weak points.  Depending on where the weak point are, an Archwing might be required for access or at least optimal performance. 

Edited by aligatorno

This is like...what, the third post wih the exact same topic this week. I guess it's something quite a lot of people want and don't want at the same time... But yeah, unless the mount can beat a volt on energy crack/itzal blinkin/nova teleporting/any warframe with experience in parkouring, i'd say they'd be useless as a fish on land.

Personally, I really liked the War Within's giant worm controlling segment, and I really wish they had made actual uses for that ability. So I'm hoping that they let the operator hijack creatures like that more often, a la Shadow of Mordor

I say no because it just seems so similar to so many other mmo games. Usually the typical mmorpg have mounts and i think that the archwing is a unique thing to warframe. Maybe like a few birds but other than that i appreciate that the archwing is there.

9 minutes ago, zen524 said:

Oh, I absolutely agree that there shouldn't be any mounts that you can own. That would breed a whole new level of fashion frame gap. I'm just saying that being able to temporarily tame animals or wild creatures would be awesome.

*jumps on Large predatory alien cat* Press B to calm the beast,  XD