Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

forget Archwing for PoE, it's time to bring on the mounts!

Mak_Gohae

8 minutes ago, Culaio said:

but seriously if you are going to reject it at least give a reason for that, curretly your response looks like this: "no, because I said so", you have right to have your own opinion about this but your current response dont add anything to discussion.

and now to continue the discussion, trigun was just a example of sci-fi combined with western. Warframe always combined elements of sci-fi and different cultures, and we already have wild west themed stuff in warframe like frame Mesa, side arm vasto or primary weapon sybaris.

if you want different examples:

-firefly tv series, it combines sci-fi with western really well. 

-borderlands

-starcraft(especially starcraft 2), terran faction, saloons, revolvers, and Western-style musical cues. The single-player campaign for the first installment, Wings of Liberty, even has a cantina on a starship where "Sweet Home Alabama" plays on a jukebox. Not to mention "Free Bird".

36c3676c2316387bc7c40b719c9d254e.jpg

and here are pics from space western  game that is in steam early access, dunno if it will be good game but pics kinda show what I have in mind for space western:

YSYllgP.jpg

planet_view_full_hd.jpg

07b3f5352c6f284bd724eaa1b7407195_ori.png

No, Because i said so, indeed

While that concept art is great for that game, that game is itself, mounts just are not a thing for Warframe, because it is Warframe

Different game, different way of life/quality of life

I mean seriously 

and mine is faster, have you seen Nezha? Nova? Zephyr?

lol

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Tomplexthis said:

No, Because i said so, indeed

While that concept art is great for that game, that game is itself, mounts just are not a thing for Warframe, because it is Warframe

Different game, different way of life/quality of life

I mean seriously 

and mine is faster, have you seen Nezha? Nova? Zephyr?

lol

I would agree with it not fitting if we were talking about previous tilesets, since they most of time lack open space and are random, but open landscapes are perfect for vehicles and mounts.

Remember that using both old school stuff with new stuff is what tenno do, thats THE way tenno fight which is why tenno use swords, bows shurikens and stuff.and its already confimed in lore that orokin extensivly genetically modified fauna and floora.

I also have extremly fast volt but this argument makes no sense since it has nothing to do with topic, I mean if we were so focused on fast frames then there is no reason for us to have or use archwing on plains.

having mount together with guns can be really fun look at battlefield 1, battlefield 1 have planes, vehicles and horses and players use all of them to fight.just fine.

MGS V also has horses just fine.

6 hours ago, (PS4)Tomplexthis said:

I think Warframe should only use Archwings, no pointless mounts at all, we're space ninjas, not dragon riders, this isnt WoW

Warframe should stay its own unique way, no dumb mounts

What they should do is make the Archwing thing slightly more synergized though, with an unlimited use, instead of a limited resource amount

From what i saw, its a new tool you have to craft, probably makes 10, like the air support beacons, but it really should be faster, with an unlimited use instead

Warframes are basically mounts anyways, and they move a whole lot faster than any random cat beast/dragon beast/or "Griffin"

But riding a moa should be added just because it'd be funny, but the moa would move super super slow, just because, like 0.75 sprint speed

I want additional ground-based vehicles that we can use, specifically one ground-based Tenno vehicle and vehicles in the environment that we can hijack and use (like Grineer Dargyns and Ogmas). And I'm fine with some Orokin tech lying around that we can use transference on, like instead of the Golden Maw, some kind of mount. But if we just got a Tenno hover speeder or something, I'd be fine with that. But I want more than one option, so that sometimes I can fly in my archwing and sometimes I can ride on my hoverbike. That'll allow players to have enough gameplay diversity when traveling that they can keep the experience fresh and exciting. With just one option (and on-foot isn't an additional option; it's just the default), traveling around will get boring very fast. Again, if you've played open world games, you'll understand that sentiment. If you haven't, you won't.

And to address this issue of speed: it's not at all about speed. It's about having fun, and if you have diverse options, then you can have fun for longer because you can always change up your experience to keep it fresh. Too many people here only care about speed. Gameplay is about more than just speed. If you're only concerned with speed, maybe Plains of Eidolon isn't for you, because part of the appeal of open world is enjoying the immersion of the world. If you're just trying to get through it as fast as possible, then how can you actually enjoy the Plains? That's something I fault DE for. They should encourage players to take their time so that they can actually enjoy the gameplay and the assets DE creates instead of just rushing through it, only caring about rewards.

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n

20 minutes ago, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

That'll allow players to have enough gameplay diversity when traveling that they can keep the experience fresh and exciting. With just one option (and on-foot isn't an additional option; it's just the default), traveling around will get boring very fast. Again, if you've played open world games, you'll understand that sentiment. If you haven't, you won't.

I'm not against the idea of having those extra choices.  What want to point out and have is that it could be in a lot of ways be considered a waste of dev resources to create and develop those items/systems at this time.  This is why I used the Saint's Row IV as my example.  It's the only Open World game that I have played that has what you're asking for while also representing the extra abilities of a warframe's movement.  

This isn't saying I hate the idea at all.  Just more of it's too soon.  It would be a more worthwhile effort in regards to the Devs when there are more Open World maps arrive on the other planets.  

Just now, DatDarkOne said:

I'm not against the idea of having those extra choices.  What want to point out and have is that it could be in a lot of ways be considered a waste of dev resources to create and develop those items/systems at this time.  This is why I used the Saint's Row IV as my example.  It's the only Open World game that I have played that has what you're asking for while also representing the extra abilities of a warframe's movement.  

This isn't saying I hate the idea at all.  Just more of it's too soon.  It would be a more worthwhile effort in regards to the Devs when there are more Open World maps arrive on the other planets.  

MGSV and Ghost Recon Wildlands have these things as well (well, no abilities for either and no mounts for GRW), and it works fine. Helicopters are faster than ground vehicles, but you have a variety of ground vehicle options that you can choose, especially since the harder areas of the map are filled with enemy SAM (surface-to-air-missiles) sites that can easily down a helicopter or plane. I don't think it's too soon to add a ground vehicle. I think moving through the Plains will get boring very quickly if the only travel options we have are on-foot or archwing. It is worthwhile for Plains, especially since we'll probably be playing it for a year before we get another landscape. It's worth it to develop these systems now, so that they don't have to spend more time creating the systems later.

19 hours ago, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

I want additional ground-based vehicles that we can use, specifically one ground-based Tenno vehicle and vehicles in the environment that we can hijack and use (like Grineer Dargyns and Ogmas). And I'm fine with some Orokin tech lying around that we can use transference on, like instead of the Golden Maw, some kind of mount. But if we just got a Tenno hover speeder or something, I'd be fine with that. But I want more than one option, so that sometimes I can fly in my archwing and sometimes I can ride on my hoverbike. That'll allow players to have enough gameplay diversity when traveling that they can keep the experience fresh and exciting. With just one option (and on-foot isn't an additional option; it's just the default), traveling around will get boring very fast. Again, if you've played open world games, you'll understand that sentiment. If you haven't, you won't.

And to address this issue of speed: it's not at all about speed. It's about having fun, and if you have diverse options, then you can have fun for longer because you can always change up your experience to keep it fresh. Too many people here only care about speed. Gameplay is about more than just speed. If you're only concerned with speed, maybe Plains of Eidolon isn't for you, because part of the appeal of open world is enjoying the immersion of the world. If you're just trying to get through it as fast as possible, then how can you actually enjoy the Plains? That's something I fault DE for. They should encourage players to take their time so that they can actually enjoy the gameplay and the assets DE creates instead of just rushing through it, only caring about rewards.

maybe the golden maws will be laying around in the PoE and be accessible with our new Tennos?

PoE is a dead battleground, the Orokin vs the Sentients, real true Sentients, not their little puppies

• 2 weeks later...

then again we cant ride sentinels into battle though, they are not really big enuff.

mounts for the operator might sound more logical.

the frames do weigh a ton. some poor animal mount would be squished lol.

a moa mount prolly would be plausible.

lets see what de decides to go with this new game play.

On 9/24/2017 at 8:39 PM, (PS4)Tomplexthis said:

I think Warframe should only use Archwings, no pointless mounts at all, we're space ninjas, not dragon riders, this isnt WoW

Warframe should stay its own unique way, no dumb mounts

What they should do is make the Archwing thing slightly more synergized though, with an unlimited use, instead of a limited resource amount

From what i saw, its a new tool you have to craft, probably makes 10, like the air support beacons, but it really should be faster, with an unlimited use instead

Warframes are basically mounts anyways, and they move a whole lot faster than any random cat beast/dragon beast/or "Griffin"

But riding a moa should be added just because it'd be funny, but the moa would move super super slow, just because, like 0.75 sprint speed

just be open to new idea, ppl should just be grumpy and naysayer cause it doesn't fit the game.

same goes for frame and weapons, ppl tend to say ," atterax is best end game , then galatine p is not good enuff." or whatever is their preference. just want to force their idea of their perfect weapon or frame.

where's the excitement to go exploring and do fun stuff. ppl just want to get the op frame and press 4 to win.

every weapon is not gonna be good and not every frame will suit your play style.

just evolve and adapt. you said space ninja rite?

what ever DE decides to put in the game. then we'll just play with what ever till something new and fun comes along.

like the upcoming glass frame.

nuff said. peace......

8 minutes ago, rockmin said:

," atterax is best end game , then galatine p is not good enuff."

This is exactly why I get a huge laugh every time I see someone say power creep in regards to this game.  I really LMAO because they newer truly really read the true definition of the phrase before using it.  Either that or they completely forget that things like the Atterax were in the game long before the Galatine P was.  Now I can see true power creep in regards to the mods, but they'll never complain about that right?  LOL