Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Remove 24hr Cooldown on Mastery Test Failure

BlackRoseAngel

1 minute ago, BlackRoseAngel said:

It is a bad system. I'm not terribly fond of weapon build times either. The system encourages me not to play the game and make threads like this.

I do not understand why you think this is a good thing.

its a time wall, its there to keep you from progressing too fast. this applies to both test and the foundry, anything with a timer attached to it.

and if a mr test stresses you out more than a college exam, you need to really think about why, cus atleast the mr test can be done againt a mere 24 hrs later if you fail it. if you fail a college test you could very well fail the class. consider that

Just now, BlackRoseAngel said:

It is a bad system. I'm not terribly fond of weapon build times either. The system encourages me not to play the game and make threads like this.

I do not understand why you think this is a good thing.

I never said I did think it was a good thing. I said it wasn't good, but wasn't bad.

Free-to-play games encourage you pay-to-win so they can continue pumping content. You can buy every weapon with plat, or wait until they build or research, or both.

Warframe, and many, MANY, other F2P games do this.

I honestly can't even remember what MR11 Test was.

13 minutes ago, BlackRoseAngel said:

They make people quit and why would DE want to lose customers?

i never saw someone quitting because they failed a mr test, heck, i failed the mr 2 test years ago and i'm still there, and at that time we couldn't practice.

without the 24h timer the test can be spammed, so no more reason to have the test.
why the test are here? to prove that you are good enough to complete that task under pressure, or to prove that you can adapt to every situation even if it's not a normal thing that can happen in a mission. Some are easy even with the worst weapon for that kind of mastery test, some needs a bit more thinking.

2 minutes ago, CuChulainnWD said:

Point one. The community does not need to hear you venting especially if you can not take constructive criticism.

Point two: if you have a problem with the game either take it up with support or walk away.

Point three.You came on these forums dictating terms in a very immature and child like tantrum. Warframe is a community of adults. Try to conduct yourself in such a manner unless you are a minor. Regardless be polite.

Rebuttal 1: This is a feedback forum. I'm giving feedback.

Rebuttal 2: Support isn't going to help me with this, I have to give feedback.

Rebuttal 3: If this was truly a community of adults, phrases like "git gud" wouldn't be thrown around and I wouldn't have to insist people not insult me.

You can't reach a level of mastery unless you've proven that you possess it. That said, if you find yourself failing often, perhaps it would be helpful to practice the tests in Cephalon Simaris' chamber until you are able to pass them.

And if that's not an option for you for whatever reason, then the world still stubbornly doesn't end as a result of your petulance.
Any mastery points you would have earned will not be lost and will be added to your total even if you don't see the progress bar climbing.

If a single day of waiting is too long, then you need to got outside and find something else to do. Considering that all MR does is limit access to items in the game that you'd still be spending multiple days building anyway, I can't understand why anybody would be upset about a single day of being set back. It's not like you're barred from gathering resources for the time being.

Being upset that you didn't pass the test is fine, but misdirecting it against the reapplication process smacks of nothing but immaturity. Practice the skills you need for the test, then maybe you'll pass it. It's just a short mission anyway that doesn't even provide any 'tangible' rewards either, so there's even less reason to be upset about an MR test than there is about a desync/host migration that results in a failed mission.

Edited by FLSH_BNG

3 minutes ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

Right. Someone with a different opinion than you MUST be a fanboy. Excellent reasoning.

That's the thing - it quite clearly isn't bad for the game, it's bad for you. The staggering majority of players (ya know, over a million people who've done Mastery tests) don't have any issues with it whatsoever, implying that it isn't really bad overall. 

The ONLY problem I can see here is that you're frustrated that you can't pass the test. I have failed 2 tests, a single time each (I think MR 11 was one of them, actually). I used that day practicing each until I could do them blindfolded. I subsequently passed the tests and have since moved on with my life because it's not actually a big deal. Certainly not worth being upset over. 

"I already practiced the tests" "You're just a fanboy" "Don't tell me you're fine with it, I told you not to say that". I care for those responses about as much as you care for the previous ones. If you want a legitimate change, then make a thread listing facts, providing good arguments and reasoning and not simply your annoyance, because that's all this one is. 

Also, as ALGMiniscule36 pointed out, it's an F2P. Some things are designed to make you wait.

Enough of these threads exist that I'm certain this is not a unique complaint and that everyone is not okay with this wait timer.

2 minutes ago, NightBlitz said:

its a time wall, its there to keep you from progressing too fast. this applies to both test and the foundry, anything with a timer attached to it.

and if a mr test stresses you out more than a college exam, you need to really think about why, cus atleast the mr test can be done againt a mere 24 hrs later if you fail it. if you fail a college test you could very well fail the class. consider that

No I don't fail college exams because they don't require tests in something as stupid as trying to bullet jump onto tiny platforms.

Is there even one mission in the game, aside from Ayatan Treasure Hunt, that missing a single bullet jump will cause me to fail the mission?

3 minutes ago, FLSH_BNG said:

I can't understand why anybody would be upset about a single day of being set back. It's not like you're barred from gathering resources for the time being.

or build other weapons in the meanwhile, if he's mr 10 he has plenty of weapons and warframes to build or farm

14 minutes ago, BlackRoseAngel said:

I'm not asking for special treatment, I'm asking for common sense. This is a video game, not a military training exercise. There's no reason to have this cooldown looming over me and I can't relax with something like that looming over me.

Honestly your opinion as a "vet" doesn't mean a damn thing to me.

Lets get the jist of it. If you hate the 24 hr cool down stop playing warframe You wont enjoy the time of all your dam complaining. Warframe is a f2p game meaning that some sort of god damn cooldown system is going to be added. SO STOP GOD DAMN COMPLAINING PLAY THE FILTHY GAME AND IF YOU DONT LIKE THEN UNINSTALL. ITS A GAME MECHANIC> DEAL WITH IT 

4 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ALG Minuscule36 said:

I never said I did think it was a good thing. I said it wasn't good, but wasn't bad.

Free-to-play games encourage you pay-to-win so they can continue pumping content. You can buy every weapon with plat, or wait until they build or research, or both.

Warframe, and many, MANY, other F2P games do this.

I honestly can't even remember what MR11 Test was.

Bullet jumping.

You can't bypass this with plat, not that I want to encourage microtransactions when a better solution is just to let me do it until I pass. Which I've already done several times, as I already stated.

Just now, Portal111 said:

Lets get the jist of it. If you hate the 24 hr cool down stop playing warframe You wont enjoy the time of all your dam complaining. Warframe is a f2p game meaning that some sort of god damn cooldown system is going to be added. SO STOP GOD DAMN COMPLAINING PLAY THE FILTHY GAME AND IF YOU DONT LIKE THEN UNINSTALL. ITS A GAME MECHANIC> DEAL WITH IT 

It shouldn't be a game mechanic. It's a pointless flow breaking waste of my time.

I know what your problem is. You come from the age of instant gratification. If it is not handed to you on a silver platter then it must be trivial or pointless.

Think of these MR tests as real life lessons. Once you are out of college real life will not be so kind. In essence it is time to grow up.

1 minute ago, BlackRoseAngel said:

No I don't fail college exams because they don't require tests in something as stupid as trying to bullet jump onto tiny platforms.

If you think the core movement mechanics of the game are stupid and you don't like the progression means used in it, then why are you still playing it?

It shouldn't be a game mechanic. It's a pointless flow breaking waste of my time.

again if its Fu1"£ing wasting your time stop playing. Stop being stupid and complaning about the game mechanic. No one cares if you dont like it.  Your jsut pissing yourself off and others

1 minute ago, CuChulainnWD said:

I know what your problem is. You come from the age of instant gratification. If it is not handed to you on a silver platter then it must be trivial or pointless.

Think of these MR tests as real life lessons. Once you are out of college real life will not be so kind. In essence it is time to grow up.

That is not even the issue and you're just saying this to insult me. Good bye.

2 minutes ago, FLSH_BNG said:

If you think the core movement mechanics of the game are stupid and you don't like the progression means used in it, then why are you still playing it?

2 minutes ago, Portal111 said:

again if its Fu1"£ing wasting your time stop playing. Stop being stupid and complaning about the game mechanic. No one cares if you dont like it.  Your jsut pissing yourself off and others

Addendum: Don't tell me to uninstall, that's an insult.

And you people think you're mature?

Addendum: Don't tell me to uninstall, that's an insult.

And you people think you're mature?

You think your mature LOL your complaining about a game mechanic that no one really complains about. Your coming into a f2p game. Your bound to have these wait times and your complaining about it LOL. Please son get out of town and go play something else if you dont think warframe is worth your time. We dont want this negativity in our community. 

Just now, Portal111 said:

You think your mature LOL your complaining about a game mechanic that no one really complains about. Your coming into a f2p game. Your bound to have these wait times and your complaining about it LOL. Please son get out of town and go play something else if you dont think warframe is worth your time. We dont want this negativity in our community. 

Then why are you creating it?

Don't answer that, I don't care to listen to you anymore. Good bye.

Enough of these threads exist that I'm certain this is not a unique complaint and that everyone is not okay with this wait timer.

I never said "everyone is fine with it but you".

I said that the very large majority has not been bothered by it. Which is a fact. Yes, there are a good number of threads. But there's also a larger number of people in every one of them saying the exact opposite. 

People with this issue are comparatively uncommon. That, to me, says that it's the person and not the test. There's no real reason to actually remove it except for when some random person says "it's annoying and I want to be able to do it faster without any penalty". 

Just now, TrickshotMcGee said:

I never said "everyone is fine with it but you".

I said that the very large majority has not been bothered by it. Which is a fact. Yes, there are a good number of threads. But there's also a larger number of people in every one of them saying the exact opposite. 

People with this issue are comparatively uncommon. That, to me, says that it's the person and not the test. There's no real reason to actually remove it except for when some random person says "it's annoying and I want to be able to do it faster without any penalty". 

Why is getting past it with less annoying pointless time walls a bad thing?

Then why are you creating it?

Don't answer that, I don't care to listen to you anymore. Good bye.

Ignoring someone who is telling you stop complaning about it is you just having low self esteem. Delete this thread and get this over with. Lets go over

IF you hate the game:Uninstall

If you hate the time: Stop playing

IF you hate the mechanic:STOP PLAYING

IF you think that trying to contact DE about changing the system: Think again 1 person isn't going to change it and theres been post like this in the past

IF you Think im wrong: Then STOP PLAYING

IF you think the 24hr system is bs:THEN STOP PLAYING'

Overalmaxresdefault.jpg

3 minutes ago, BlackRoseAngel said:

Bullet jumping.

You can't bypass this with plat, not that I want to encourage microtransactions when a better solution is just to let me do it until I pass. Which I've already done several times, as I already stated.

I'd have to look up the video, as it's been too long. Recently did MR24 with the advent of CoH, so please excuse my memory on Tests below MR19.

Now, I wasn't saying to pass it with plat, god no, I'm sorry if that's what you thought I meant, I was mainly referencing weaponry and frames, as well as build times, not MR Tests.

I've said about as much on my piece as I felt like about the Tests themselves though. Short and simple, it's just a time wall, and a "progression" wall, even though by, technically, not counting rivens, MR14 is the current highest you need to be to get every weapon and frame.

Its just a "Advancement" system under the guise of a test. Fail the test, continue on, try again the next day as DE inputs your playtime and adds the info of your play that day to their logs.

Hey, at least any additional mastery you get that overflows the rank carries over to the next one. You won't lose any mastery, thankfully.