Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A collection of pipe dreams. Today is Titania, Nova, Nezha, and Chroma.

(PSN)WINDMILEYNO

You know what, lets do this again just because. As i go, ill explain myself. I dont expect it to be a success. Just living with the moment. Everything here is open to interpretation. If you see something that needs tweaking, say so. If you hate it, say so. If you think its fine as is, i need at least an four paragraph response on why, or i will argue with you. In a polite manner (i cant really make anyone not say something is fine as is). 

Pipe dreams:

Titania

I wish.

Spell bind works as normal, but also takes on lanterns decoy effect. Explosion drops enemies down and leaves titanias passive on the map afterwards.

Lantern creates a swarm of razor flies as per description, but becomes a dps ability that inflicts slash, puncture, and impact. Damage is based on the amount of razorflies. More for the procs then for the damage. No longer creates destraction or lifts enemies up, but sticks to enemies wherever they go until death or until the ability is recast, like the mutalist moa swarm.

Lantern and spellbind are very similar in action. On paper they sound really good. It doesnt have to be this fix, but something would be nice.

Razor wing. Needs better movement. Damage in razor wing is good to go. Arch wing and shark wing as well, but parkour movements off of terrain as well as being able to fly would be nice. No real suggestion other than hopes and dreams.

When Titania was announced, Antman the movie was fresh in my mind. I imagined a shrinking frame and pictured running and jumping like him. Flying is cool too, but the movement is too slow/rigid.

Also, there is a number (sometimes) that seems to indicate how many razor flies you have....i assume this is what it is, if someone has any info, thatd be great.

Nova (wall of text)

I wish.

1)Nullstar no longer targets enemies randomly, but protects nova from incoming damage, soaking up incoming damage. The balls will also soak up any elemental status effect applied to nova. When the duration ends, they explode around nova, or the ability can be recast, sending remaing stars wherever nova was aiming. The nullstars will cause a blast proc on impact. Reasoning below.

2)Anti matter drop can now be charged with damage by shooting null stars into it. It really needs to be easier to move...

3)Worm hole is a two step cast, allowing you to cast the entrance and exit. Casting an antimater drop into a worm hole without an exit will cause it to act like nidus and his first ability, until it explodes, causing blast procs and armor loss. With an exit, will draw enemies in and eject them out the end. Nova can enter a wormhole with no exit. She will be in a small bubble area with whatever energy color that it is. like limbos rift. Enemies are not there. Nova can move, and the path you take becomes the worm hole. Rolling will create an exit. Duration will end ability and push nova back out. Duration locked, another wormhole cannot be created until exit for orignial entrance has been created. If you were in the air and cast worm hole, youll enter and immediately go into aim glide, and then instantly teleport to where the exit is cast.

4)Molecular prime still has inital wave which causes a slow (or increase in speed). She is surrounded afterwards by antimatter, like valkyrs bubble, and this causes blast procs and shreds armor and sheilds for a short time. 

Molecular prime. As per Quora, touching anti matter would cause an explosion. The other alternative is that it does not directly touch you, but burns through you body anyways as its touching molecules next to you.... Bottom line is no enemy would ever be fully functioning even after the duration wore off...thus the permanemt armor debuff and slow with blast procs with reduced range (on the bubble, initial wave is same).

More than open to suggestions.

Nezha

I wish.

Fire walker...Bullet jumping creates the blasts that blazing chakram gives. Fire walker should remain active even after using teleportation with blazing chakram. If this is a bug just for me, then ill report it.

Blazing chakram needs a light, which would serve as an indicator, follwing along the ground and/or walls that shows where exactly the chakram is. Slowing the ability down possibly, even if only with negative strength would be nice. In this way, you would never really be looking at it, but at the ground or walls, but i hope this is not a negative. For someone trying to get into playing nezha and for someone who does not like glaives, this would be a big help in measuring how far its going, etc.

Divine spears. The double cast penalty, or being put into an animation upon auto-decasting divine spears, should be shorter, or non existent. There are many things with this ability i do not understand yet though...one thing is, using divine spears on ememies already set on fire by fire walker will not extinguish the flames....why can they not be burnt by fire walker while held up?

Chroma

spectral scream leaves a trail of elemental damage on the ground behind chroma. You will only move slow while breathing the element, as the ability is other wise a mobility boost, but not like nezha. When you throw off your pelt, you lose the ability to breath an element. Instead you switch between 4 pre picked colors. (Colors are not restricted, so you can pick all for one element, though itd defeat the purpose). Holding the ability will continuosly shift through the colors, slowly, and for a drain over time.

Passive>fight or flight. Chroma moves faster when the pelt is off of him, but loses armor (currently). With new passive, and upon decast of vex armor, chroma will heal slightly when not in battle, and deal more damage when engaged in combat.

Augment for spectral scream benefits from suggestion for Embers fireball.

Elemental ward...needs something...

Vex armor...this ability will split between Effigy and Chroma but share damage taken, so when the pelt is up in the air, its armor is always increasing, while chromas damage is always increasing....up to a point. Chroma will suffer from damage recieved if it out paces his adaptive abilites and suffer penalties to his buffs, that if they dip too far in the negative, will cause him to bleed out.

Let me know how ridiculous it is or is not

Volt

I wish.

Static charge passive now allows volts shock to tesla coil first enemy hit at a minimun cost of 100 static energy. (All is still depleted as normal, you just need up to 100 to do this).

Tesla coils have a set duration, away from discharges damage cap...if the damage cap is reached, enemies simply stop taking damage. The stun would be a great way to test out diminishing returns.

Tesla coils grant extra static energy when you are close enough to be zapped by enemies (instead of them zapping each other-imagine it working like the matrix human batteries)

Using speed, base duration is 15 seconds instead of 10. Speed no longer affects allies against their will, but leaves charged areas in a 50 meter radius near all allies that can be tapped into like limbos banish. These areas are made up of a divided amount of whatever static charge you had built up, and cause small explosions when that is depleted, like an arc trap. 

Tesla coiled containers can be shocked like enemies, as in one container hit will chain to all tesla coiled objects in range, or even enemies nearby (because the synergy exists now, but has you shocking one container for no noticeable effect). The animation from broken circuitry containers would be loved here.

-aircast discharge-

Nekros

I wish.

Soul punch will now consume a soul from nekros hidden soul cache (problem being hidden), consuming the target, and expelling their soul. Targets body is knocked down. If the soul is not captured quickly (faster than titanias tribute) the targets soul can reenter their body. But it is a cheap knock down for melee instead of sending them who knows where with a punch. If you either collect the soul by running/jumping through it or by casting another soul punch on it (which draws it to you and adds another, the target will become a ghoul (not looking for technical terms of what a ghoul are). Incompatible with their new body, the ghoul rapidly deteriorates, so lasts less time than a shadow. A soul left without a body to reenter ( if the target is killed while on the ground) wanders for a short time like the passive for the new primed arch gun im forgetting...but if fear is cast while it or any orthers around, they shriek like chromas ulti, amd dissapear, incapacting nearby enemies and stopping them from immediately running away, which means more melee kills. Or you can still just collect them.

Nekros hidden soul cache becomes not so hidden, as a number indicating how many souls you have should be displayed over the ult icon or somewhere.

Saryn

I wish.

Saryns spores can now remain on map after cast, as dead enemies dont immediately lose them. If an enemy dies with spores that have not been all popped, they can still be spread. Spores spreads through a map the way banshees sonar with augment spreads, becoming more lethal and making enemies more vulnerable as it goes, but this means you must be able to keep the ability up for the length of its duration. -In favor of it decaying over time like nekros shadows ration than duration, timer still shows up, but ticks down slower the more spores can be mutated- the other abilities help build for a specific buff to spores that builds up the way nidus does for his stacks. Will go into detail if one person says its not stupid.

Ember

Fire ball has splash damage. Like liquid liquid splash damage. A more effective, more up to date and cooler version of a napalm ball (pyrotechnic ogris). The closer you are to a target, the more explosive the attack is (no extra damage, just possible knockdown and explosion proc).

Fire ball has no cast delays, instead has a combo like rip line, resulting in larger explosions for slightly decreased cost.

Fire blasts ring of fire moves with the wall as apart of it, and remains as a slowly expanding ring of damage that eventually dissapers. Does as much nothing as it currently does. The area under Embers feet and immediately around her burns enemies like oberons carpet, and this area expands as well with multiple casts. Limit on range. Ring of fire can be removed completely instead.

Wof could be reduced in effectiveness to be the third ability with its duration back, as was done with Excals radial javelin, and accelerant could be incorporated into Embers ult, on cast and on decast and during slam attacks...overheat...i dont remember you, never experienced you but im asking for you to come back.

Theres that, more to come eventuall/ hopefully its ok.

Edited by (PS4)WINDMILEYNO
Edit

You can dream mate.

Your Opinion is your. :|

Volt Starter here. A bit :shocked: like many other that Volt was not the Damage Frame, but Support CC.

~SHOCKING~.

3 hours ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

The telsa coil system is made up. What you consider to have been cc, i consider to have been the normal electric proc you could get from castanas or the serro (back in the day). 

That is another time when Volt might get actual "Final Rework", like Hydroid's to Boot (where if you lucky, Tesla Coil actually work like you say).

Right now, I do not see DE able to look at Volt with other Game Chagnes and Updates on hand.

Thus, "dream", if you did not understand. I was saying Volt was more Taser Level of Damage, than actual Lightning Damage (not just lowest, but plenty enough to FRY!).

Edited by DesFrSpace

11 minutes ago, DesFrSpace said:

You can dream mate.

Your Opinion is your. :|

Volt Starter here. A bit :shocked: like many other that Volt was not the Damage Frame, but Support CC.

~SHOCKING~.

The telsa coil system is made up. I consider volt to have been as much cc oriented as an electrical weapon. The normal electric proc you could get from castanas or the serro (back in the day). There is nothing about taking away cc - a fore warning to any volt enthusiast who would say volt is fine as is because he has the uber best crowd control.

Edit: ah, ok. I am still making these even if DE doesnt have time to listen. Living in the moment. What do you think of the rest?

Edited by (PS4)WINDMILEYNO
Edit

Volt

I like your idea for his passive and static discharge a lot. The only thing would argue with is:

On 21.9.2017 at 8:12 PM, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

if the damage cap is reached, enemies simply stop taking damage

Just give it a timer, and maybe make it resetable by using shock on the tesla coiled enemy. When the duration runs out, the enemy stops being teslacoiled and then stops doing damage. Or make it so if shock is used on on a tesla coiled enemy other enemies around him will get an electricity proc. But dont make him stop doing damage while still being "coiled".

As for speed, nah. That minefield in a 50m radius is too much. The only thing speed needs changed is that allies have to activate the item volt leaves behind so theyre not forced to use it.

Nekros

Yes!

Saryn

Not sure, i actually like the way spores work right now and wouldnt want the ability to be more complicated, as its not necessary. Spores are powerful enough.

Ember

Fire ball: Yes! Perfect rework

Rest: I have close to no experience with ember, so i cant really give feedback on that

10 hours ago, EpicBred said:

Volt

I like your idea for his passive and static discharge a lot. The only thing would argue with is:

Just give it a timer, and maybe make it resetable by using shock on the tesla coiled enemy. When the duration runs out, the enemy stops being teslacoiled and then stops doing damage. Or make it so if shock is used on on a tesla coiled enemy other enemies around him will get an electricity proc. But dont make him stop doing damage while still being "coiled".

thank you for the feed back.

As far as the tesla coil thing goes, if shock is used on a tesla coiled target, it is supposed to give extra damage to nearby enemies, but this is not noticeable...really means nothing.

Discharge already has a set duration for the stun, but the damage cap makes it meaningless, because the stun ends when the damage cap is reached, so the dutation can really be anything, which is why they need to be seperated. Then, if the damage cap is reached before the duration ends, its hard to justify adding more damage just because the duration of the stun hasnt ended yet...thats the reason they released this rework with the two factors tied together... 

I personally would like (and have suggested before) that shock be able to add a short amount of time to the stun but that was in addition to other proposed changes that werent well recieved by others....

The problem is that the problem of the stun ending with the damage cap cant be fixed without it being seperated from the damage cap (well there are all sorts of better solutions actually).... But seperating it from the damage cap meams when one ends, the other can keep going...