The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Game Cant Be Balanced Around Defense Missions Only...

dave021

Yep. most complains are coming from people who just do defense missions saying this skill is OP or this frame needs buffs.

Sadly enough regular missions, bosses and even nightmare mode are not giving enough rewards.

Why would we do a rescue mission for 11 000xp and 6 mods when I can do a quick 30 000xp and 31 mods in Io. Im not even at Xini yet and I can tell all my friends think its a waste of time to do regular mission now.

I like defense missions, but we seriously need to consider that not the whole game can be balanced around that only. Also please consider single player, all mission modes and even void mission before nerfing and buffing stuff.

What do you guys think?

Edited by dave021

Defense missions still don't scale hard enough for a 4 man team until you reach end-game content. 

Until then, it's a simple game of press 4 to faceroll.

I think you have a point about solo play or other mission types not being rewarding enough.

When was the last time a void key dropped with a good chance from a mission that was not defense?

Edited by Destro6677

Amen. I personally despise Defense and find it incredibly boring. But due to this I miss out on game content that I won't otherwise see. New Prime weapons? Can't get em without doing Void Defense (I know there are Capture, but not all do). Void Keys in generally? Either gotta grind Defense or drop real money on it.

Amen. I personally despise Defense and find it incredibly boring. But due to this I miss out on game content that I won't otherwise see. New Prime weapons? Can't get em without doing Void Defense (I know there are Capture, but not all do). Void Keys in generally? Either gotta grind Defense or drop real money on it.

^^

This, so very very much this.

Do a High-Level Raid/Capture? Here, have a Quickdraw. Or a Rush. Or a Fast Hands. Do a Raid/Capture on Mercury? Here, have a Quickdraw. Or a Rush. Or a Fast Hands. Oh, sometimes you get Banshee Chassis too.

I mean, wut? Why do ALL Raid/Capture missions, regardless of level draw from the same stupid pool?

Why do Sabotage/Spy/Rescue (especially Rescue as much as it sucks....)/Exterminate yield absolutely nothing at the end of the mission like Raid/Capture do? Heck, even Mobile Defense doesn't give an item reward at the end.

And then there's Defense. Here's guaranteed Loot every 5 waves (that SCALES WITH LEVEL, something Raid/Capture don't do), with waves 5-10 being good enough that you never need to go further!

Basically, Warframe is 99% Defense, 1% everything else.

Want Rewards? Gotta do Defense.

Defense is the only mission type.

And damn does it get old after awhile.

Yaaaaaaaawn, stand next to the Cryopod and spam Ults or watch someone else spam Ults. Bring a Frost if you want to succeed anything Lv40+. Stand inside the Snowglobe and watch everything die.

Basically.

Yawn.

Defense is definitely way too important compared to other mission types. Assassinations and Mobile Defense have their place too, but the rest might as well be chopped liver. At least Nightmare mode has breathed some life into it.

The sad part is people only play defense missions and thats what they base their Warframe opinions around, while i'm all alone playing Raid.

Some people need to use the frame in other game modes before actually giving their final opinion

The sad part is people only play defense missions and thats what they base their Warframe opinions around, while i'm all alone playing Raid.

Some people need to use the frame in other game modes before actually giving their final opinion

^^

This.

Everybody is so stuck on Snowglobe this, Snowglobe that, that they forget that other powers actually exist. They're like "Worm Hole? WTF is that used for?" or they'll be like "____ is useless because it doesn't do any good in Defense" or somecrap.

I swear DE's reliance upon Defense is ruining this game, because everybody forms their opinions about everything around Defense.

And if they cry loud enough, DE will turn this game, eventually, into DefenseFrame where Defense is the key factor in balancing everything.

this isnt a bad suggestion. while I still think that if you want a large sum of mod cards defense is the way to go.

I dont really have an issue with the XP either.

BUT what I will say is I think it would be nice that for things like rescue, raid, capture missions should have a chance to give void keys.

I dont mind defense missions, I like the whole horde thing, lots of cards to use for modding ect. but I DO find it annoying that if I am playing on my own I need to play as one of the 'preferred' frames for a defense (Nova, Nyx, Banshee, ect) or need to use a specific weapon set because other kinds are simply not as effective. 

a little tweak to the loot drops for normal missions might make things more accessible for more players. specially if they dont enjoy defense missions

For starters they could make the void keys have a chance drop from their respective mission types (defense = only defense keys), grade determined by the mission level.

Actually I kinda like much-higher-level-than-you Extermination missions on how they change the game from ninja-running-kill-all into a slow paced tactical shooter. They could start making different missions cater to different playstyles: stealth for sabotage, serious sam for raid. But balance for this will go places.

Edited by zyraconne

^^

This.

Everybody is so stuck on Snowglobe this, Snowglobe that, that they forget that other powers actually exist. They're like "Worm Hole? WTF is that used for?" or they'll be like "____ is useless because it doesn't do any good in Defense" or somecrap.

I swear DE's reliance upon Defense is ruining this game, because everybody forms their opinions about everything around Defense.

And if they cry loud enough, DE will turn this game, eventually, into DefenseFrame where Defense is the key factor in balancing everything.

Yeah, this is a pretty big problem with the game right now. Defenses are the most popular gamemode because they give better rewards than anything else and that just makes it so every 'frame is judged on how it does in defense maps. I for one get bored pretty quickly doing defense missions, they work the same way every time and limit the range of 'frames I can take to PuG's. What if I don't want to play Frost, Nyx or Vauban?

not talking about this post per-say but i do like how we as a community are posting things that are relevent to the current problems (like this one).. we have priority and now that certain things have been fixed we move on state the problem, maybe give the solution and then we wait for the fix and then we keep helping this game get better..

not only that but i do love how they actually listen to us.. if u saw the post how the guy was saying "i want my money back because DE never listens" well i have not played another game where the creators actually listen to their fan base!

i have played this game for 250 hours  (most of any other) and tbh its still reallllly fun and the communities ideas are pretty great! thanks everyone!

not talking about this post per-say but i do like how we as a community are posting things that are relevent to the current problems (like this one).. we have priority and now that certain things have been fixed we move on state the problem, maybe give the solution and then we wait for the fix and then we keep helping this game get better..

not only that but i do love how they actually listen to us.. if u saw the post how the guy was saying "i want my money back because DE never listens" well i have not played another game where the creators actually listen to their fan base!

i have played this game for 250 hours  (most of any other) and tbh its still reallllly fun and the communities ideas are pretty great! thanks everyone!

This is true, they do listen. Just check this week-end event, it's a blast!

Now I really hope we get to do more type of missions, maybe like infiltrate and steal something without detection or anything fun really.

But defense missions need to be an option, not the ONLY solutions to keys, XP and rare mods farming.